• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

ZeroAKA

That's good to hear. I remember when I was working at my local games retailer, I brought my Vita in to show the customers. This one chick who was really cool wanted to see it so i booted up Gravity Rush. Man, the look on that girl's face when she started flying around was priceless. She looked so happy and just surprised. Those moments always made my day.
I got a platinum in Gravity Rush a while ago, but I've kept it on my Vita just to show it off to people. It really is a unique game that might have been more successful in the west if Sony pushed it to a younger audience (i.e. not only the 20+ year old males that they were going for). I'm hoping the sequel has better controls and combat.

jwk94

Gotta love that trailer -- the music is just perfect. Is that in the soundtrack?

I got a platinum in Gravity Rush a while ago, but I've kept it on my Vita just to show it off to people. It really is a unique game that might have been more successful in the west if Sony pushed it to a younger audience (i.e. not only the 20+ year old males that they were going for). I'm hoping the sequel has better controls and combat.

Yeah, that game definitely could use some more reception. It was my main reason for getting my Vita and was also my first Vita game and Platinum trophy. Damn, come to think of it, I've only bought Story-DLC for Gravity Rush this generation. Damn, that game was so good. I really hope they make a sequel.

The_Monk

May Update:

Today I finally finished another game on my Vita, Gravity Rush.

48JLMLal.jpg

What a game! I knew this game was going to be great the moment I heard the soundtrack, this one to be exact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zEeJ2X0uFg

It's so peaceful! Every time I started listening this music my head would start swinging and it put a smile on my head.

At first, I had some trouble getting used to the gravity itself but then I got better, the difficulty was just in the sweet spot for me because this was my Vita-go-to when I wanted to relax after a long day.

The way the Story is told is very nice too, I love how it's like reading a Comic Book, the dialogue was fun too with some simple jokes.

The best part? I had no idea what to expect about this game when I started, in the modern days I think that you have too much information regarding games (specially here, on GAF) and sometimes it feels that the "sparkle" of surprise may be gone with that. Not knowing much about this game even made the experience better.

If there's any fellow GAFfer considering getting a PS Vita or this game, please go ahead and give yourself a nice gift. It's a different game indeed and it was such a welcome and fresh experience!

The game is called Men’s Room Mayhem, and as you can probably guess from the title it takes toilet gaming to a whole new level! If I had to sum it up in a single sentence I’d say it’s like Flight Control meets Carry On At Your Convenience!

In Men’s Room Mayhem you’re hired as the janitor of your very own chaotic men’s room. You’re responsible for directing patrons, keeping everywhere sparkling clean and steering patrons away from trouble! You need to get your customers safely to the urinals and cubicles in time – otherwise there’ll be a few nasty accidents for you to clean up!

8692453380_f0e7a7c255.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/02/mens-room-mayhem-enforces-laws-of-the-lav-on-ps-vita-soon/

LOL!

LuchaShaq

Banned
Probably only buying hotline miami this month but I have such a damn vita backlog now if you count all the psp games I never played that I got for cheap like the gta/god of war games.

The game is called Men’s Room Mayhem, and as you can probably guess from the title it takes toilet gaming to a whole new level! If I had to sum it up in a single sentence I’d say it’s like Flight Control meets Carry On At Your Convenience!

In Men’s Room Mayhem you’re hired as the janitor of your very own chaotic men’s room. You’re responsible for directing patrons, keeping everywhere sparkling clean and steering patrons away from trouble! You need to get your customers safely to the urinals and cubicles in time – otherwise there’ll be a few nasty accidents for you to clean up!

8692453380_f0e7a7c255.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/05/02/mens-room-mayhem-enforces-laws-of-the-lav-on-ps-vita-soon/

LOL!

looks like a fun small game. good art direction so far - one crit would be that i'd like to see multi-colored paths though. blue for one guy, red, for another, etc. and it can rotate through 12-24 colors. before the cycle restarts.

The_Monk

Man, what's happening today? We've gotten more Gravity Rush posts than I've seen in a long time.

That's a good thing right? From the moment PS Plus was announced for the Vita saying your current subscription would enable for you to pick up the PS Plus Vita games and when I saw Gravity Rush I knew that, one day, sooner or later I was going to be getting a PS Vita.

And I'm glad I did! Gaming wise it was one of the best purchases I've done lately.

antibolo

Banned
I was wondering, do any of you Vitabros play Frobisher Says? The game has gotten pretty decent since the 2 add-on packs, and the new option to disable camera features whenever you're not playing in a well-lit environment.

jwk94

That's a good thing right? From the moment PS Plus was announced for the Vita saying your current subscription would enable for you to pick up the PS Plus Vita games and when I saw Gravity Rush I knew that, one day, sooner or later I was going to be getting a PS Vita.

And I'm glad I did! Gaming wise it was one of the best purchases I've done lately.

That's an excellent thing since I absolutely love Gravity Rush. Like I said earlier, it's the whole reason I bought my Vita.

ZeroAKA

Grimmy, two suggestions for the OP:

- Keep a list of previous Game of the Months and maybe name who selected each title.
- Give the winner of last month's Vita challenge a spotlight somewhere in the OP so that we know who won. (Of course, this suggestion wouldn't apply to the current thread because... well, you know. Unless you really want to, that is.)

Number45

I was wondering, do any of you Vitabros play Frobisher Says? The game has gotten pretty decent since the 2 add-on packs, and the new option to disable camera features whenever you're not playing in a well-lit environment.
I quite like it, and my daughters fire it up quite often. I have both DLC packs.

Grinchy

Banned
That's an excellent thing since I absolutely love Gravity Rush. Like I said earlier, it's the whole reason I bought my Vita.

It was the reason I subscribed to Plus for the first time. Well, to be more accurate, it was the first time I had ever paid for plus. Awesome game, and I couldn't really put it down until I got the plat.

Maybe GravityRush and Uncharted are long time PS+ titles because those two are getting sequels. Beeing on PS+ for so long pretty much everybody will play them at some point and maybe you'll get some more poeple hooked for sequels.
I probably would've never bought GravityRush because I thought its not my type of game, but I loved it and would totally buy a sequel.

Its been a while since the last 1st party game was annouced for Vita(I guess it was Tearaway on gamescom), I hope we'll see another Uncharted from BEND and another GravityRush from SonyJapan on E3. And GranTurismo!
And from the second gen of Vita games I demand native res!

I want all my vita games to look as crisp as wipeout and littlebigplanet.

Takao

Banned
gah... I would want this (and naruto) for my Vita.
Operation Rainfall

As someone who's done some stuff for Operation Rainfall they're a very pro-Nintendo site that probably wouldn't want to be campaigning for a port's localization.

Ohnonono

Maybe GravityRush and Uncharted are long time PS+ titles because those two are getting sequels. Beeing on PS+ for so long pretty much everybody will play them at some point and maybe you'll get some more poeple hooked for sequels.
I probably would've never bought GravityRush because I thought its not my type of game, but I loved it and would totally buy a sequel.

Its been a while since the last 1st party game was annouced for Vita(I guess it was Tearaway on gamescom), I hope we'll see another Uncharted from BEND and another GravityRush from SonyJapan on E3. And GranTurismo!
And from the second gen of Vita games I demand native res!

I want all my vita games to look as crisp as wipeout and littlebigplanet.

It is also because they advertise them in bundles with PSPlus. I doubt those 2 and Wipeout will ever leave Plus.

Since there's so much love around Gravity Rush, I'm asking for vitagaf advice.

I have 15-25 hours to spend on a game. Guacamelee or Gravity Rush?

Did you enjou the Thule tree platforming?

I enjoyed every bit of the game.
Even the parts where I got stuck for some time... I just tried over and over again and when I finally made it it was VERY satisfiying.

There is a thin line between "frustrating" and "to easy" and Guacamelee nailed it.

I enjoyed every bit of the game.
Even the parts where I got stuck for some time... I just tried over and over again and when I finally made it it was VERY satisfiying.

There is a thin line between "frustrating" and "to easy" and Guacamelee nailed it.

definitely agree.

the difficult platforming parts felt more megaman'y' to me than cheap.

you had to work to get skilled at that particular segment or figure out the combo of moves to reach the certain distance.

Shoyz

Given Europe doesn't use dollars I'm assuming it will be coming over to North America.

Their website lists a $30 pricepoint for the 3DS version and that hasn't made it's way over, so I don't know if that's much evidence on it's own..

I love how on IGN they title an article " soul sacrifice is confusing" and then go on to say in the article that it's confusing because of how deep the customization is...... and yet their review says the game is repetitive. I don't get ign. really try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they fail me everytime.

I love how on IGN they title an article " soul sacrifice is confusing" and then go on to say in the article that it's confusing because of how deep the customization is...... and yet their review says the game is repetitive. I don't get ign. really try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they fail me everytime.

Yeah thats a very negative title

Takao

Banned
Their website lists a $30 pricepoint for the 3DS version and that hasn't made it's way over, so I don't know if that's much evidence on it's own..

Well, the 3DS game was a retail release. The Vita game is PSN-only. I imagine it's much easier to release on PSN globally than it is to go retail.

Top Bottom