• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | May 2013 | Lovecraftian Wasteland

"Vita developers: will you put @davidsgallant’s game “I Get This Call Every Day” onto Vita? You could probably do very quickly. I will help."

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/statuses/330061572053549056
Ha, I watched the livestream where Mike Bithell, Rami from Vlambeer, Stewart Gilray from JAW, David S Gallant and Shahid all somehow turned up on and I think that's where David and Shahid 'met'.

Seems like a weird fit for Vita, but still cool.

Let the fanboying commence!

The_Monk

I'm really liking to see new fellow GAFfers and Vita owners coming to this thread. :)

On another note, I would really like if the HD versions of FFX and X-2 could see the daylight of a physical release on the Vita. But it seems it won't happen right? Only for the PS3, I'm guessing. I'm still not sure on where to get but picking them up on the Vita seems more tempting as of now.

antibolo

Banned
I'm really liking to see new fellow GAFfers and Vita owners coming to this thread. :)

On another note, I would really like if the HD versions of FFX and X-2 could see the daylight of a physical release on the Vita. But it seems it won't happen right? Only for the PS3, I'm guessing. I'm still not sure on where to get but picking them up on the Vita seems more tempting as of now.

Wait I thought the reason they were sold separately on the Vita was because they couldn't fit both games on a single game card??

ZeroAKA

I wouldn't know what to delete in my 32GB card to make room for the 6-8GB the two games will take up total.

btkadams

Wait I thought the reason they were sold separately on the Vita was because they couldn't fit both games on a single game card??

this is what i thought too. it's looking like a retail release.

The_Monk

Oh I did not knew that fellow GAFfer, I was just wishing I could grab a Physical copy for the Vita.

I wouldn't know what to delete in my 32GB card to make room for the 6-8GB the two games will take up total.

32GB eh? Well, for now my 16GB is still going strong, let's see how much he can take! I can't really complain, I got it brand new for only 20€ so it was a nice deal.

jwk94

I've never been much of a Wipeout fan but god damn this Vita version is great.

I agree.I absolutely hated Wipeout on the PS3, but love it on the Vita. I still haven't completed the full campaign, but I'll eventually get around to it sometime. There's just something about the Vita that makes it better suited for certain types of games.

Carl

Dudes, someone seriously needs to punch me and drag me away from Farm Sim, it's getting ridiculous.

Shoyz

Dudes, someone seriously needs to punch me and drag me away from Farm Sim, it's getting ridiculous.

/punch

Wipeout 2048 was pretty fun until I got to a mission I needed to end in #1 in, which was obscenely difficult, and every retry took roughly 10 minutes. Then I quit..forever!

Carl

The problem would be the name fellow GAFfer.

Stealth Bastard is coming to Vita and they need to change the name because it can't have "Bastard" in the name when it releases for Vita (and PS3).

(BASTARD, I'm typing and hearing Game of Thrones voices,eh)

It would be cool to see on Vita though. But yeah obviously the name would need changing, lulz

Popping down to my friend's house tomorrow to steal their non-firewall'd wifi so I can download Farming Simulator. I'll be right there on the Farm Sim train
tractor?
with you. :p

Carl

Popping down to my friend's house tomorrow to steal their non-firewall'd wifi so I can download Farming Simulator. I'll be right there on the Farm Sim train
tractor?
with you. :p

I have no idea what it is that's so addictive about it, but i can't stop myself playing it. I have more tractors running on more fields than i know what to do with. Becomes quite hard to keep track of, lol.

Twinduct

Oo Sahid coming to GAF? .. His PM box is gonna be full!

On a side note .. I really want Dragon's Dogma on Vita .. or atleast remote play.
Granted neither will happen though, thanks capcom!

Takao

Banned

On a side note .. I really want Dragon's Dogma on Vita .. or atleast remote play.

you'll be able to play dragon's dogma 2: deep down capcom's wallet on vita

Foshy

I have no idea what it is that's so addictive about it, but i can't stop myself playing it. I have more tractors running on more fields than i know what to do with. Becomes quite hard to keep track of, lol.
The developers' (Giants Software) office is just 2km apart from where I live. I even considered applying for an internship as 3D modeler there some time ago, found something else though.

Otherwise, I could be working on Farming Simulator 2014 as I'm typing this :p

Omikaru

Since he seems to be paying attention - Dudebro is a NeoGAF inspired game: Dudebro™ — My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It’s Straight-Up Dawg Time.

I just spoke to him on Twitter about it (read from top to bottom). He said there'd be "a couple of issues, but they can be worked around". I assume the issues are:

1) It's made on XNA, which is a Microsoft thing.
2) The name.

I've got to admit, the most recent incarnation of Dudebro II looks amazing, and I'd love to play it on Vita. Hopefully they can work this out, because it would be so cool.

ReaperXL7

while thats true, if what Sony said is true and remote play is as seemless on Vita with the PS4 as they claim then you will be able to play Dragons Dogma 2(sorry "deep down") on Vita with no issues.

I also fear that people are going to jump on him for Sonys first party woes on Vita, when that aspect has nothing to do with him.

DiscoJer

I just spoke to him on Twitter about it (read from top to bottom). He said there'd be "a couple of issues, but they can be worked around". I assume the issues are:

1) It's made on XNA, which is a Microsoft thing.
2) The name.

It should be possible to port it to Playstation Mobile relatively easy. That is based on Mono, which is supposed to be a free version of .Net, which is what XNA is based on.'

Though with that said, there haven't exactly been a lot of XBLIG/XNA ports

Carl

The developers' (Giants Software) office is just 2km apart from where I live. I even considered applying for an internship as 3D modeler there some time ago, found something else though.

Otherwise, I could be working on Farming Simulator 2014 as I'm typing this :p

That's pretty damn cool :p

kassatsu

Banned
It should be possible to port it to Playstation Mobile relatively easy. That is based on Mono, which is supposed to be a free version of .Net, which is what XNA is based on.'

Though with that said, there haven't exactly been a lot of XBLIG/XNA ports

The NoStatic Soft games where XNA ports. Also Positron is, if that ever comes out.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I don't think we need to see every indy game ever on the Vita. To really sell with the install base you have to have quality.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone remind me what are the big games rumored to be coming on vita? I remember rainbow six, assasin creed and rayman legends, what else?
No more infos about destiny of spirit?

Takao

Banned
hey shahid sign final fantasy type-0 please

xoxoxo
takao

I know I'd have to get in contact with your Japanese equivalent, but we all know that's not going to happen ...

Very nice collection you have there. Welcome!

What the hell man. You have too many games, now I don't know what to recommend besides VT4! =/

All jokes aside (except VT4, get it) welcome new Vitabro. Enjoy your stay and props on the Gravity Rush mention. We're starting a movement!

Thanks! I do love me some Vita, Ah tell you whut. Such a great successor to the psp, where my modded psp-1000 model gave me well over a thousand hours of enjoyment. I was very satisfied at launch with it. I couldnt be happier with it now. Plentifully rich with gaming possibilities.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I know I'd have to get in contact with your Japanese equivalent, but we all know that's not going to happen ...
My opinion of SCEJA isn't very high, so
I'll wager there isn't a Japanese equivalent.

They've probably just been faxing the Vita release announcement to Capcom for the last two years.

I'd love me some Tony Hawks and SSX on the Vita.
Loved SSX On Tour and Tony Hawk's Project 8 on the PSP, why aren't they in the store?
I just looked for my favorite PSP games in the store, Tales of Eternia is also missing.
But Key Of Heaven is there! I played the shit out of Key Of Heaven.

Takao

Banned
I'd love me some Tony Hawks and SSX on the Vita.
Loved SSX On Tour and Tony Hawk's Project 8 on the PSP, why aren't they in the store?
I just looked for my favorite PSP games in the store, Tales of Eternia is also missing.
But Key Of Heaven is there! I played the shit out of Key Of Heaven.

Music and athlete likeness licensing.

Top Bottom