• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

Has this been posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EeWQo0N9esw

new trailer for new Frozen Synapse

new art looks cool!

A bit plain from what I was expecting, after that Crysis suit-looking target render a long time ago... they should have went with holographic representations of more realistic building interiors, to make it feel true to the original, but still more advanced and palatable. Kinda has a laser tag feel now instead of "building" infiltration and special ops planning. It looks similar to that football game the FS guys made and is still a step up from the basic VR neon of the PC original.

I'll probably pick it up, still.

cafemomo

it's not for everyone.
Haven't played football manager. what's it like? Thinking about getting it on the Vita. Is it yurop only or will it come stateside?

in soccer related things, USA USA USA USA
Hq6rLTV.jpg

Anything notable releasing in October? Already bought everything I want so not sure if the spend $50 promo is going to do anything for me (aside from resubbing plus).

BATMAN!

Also, Valhalla Knights and Atomic Ninjas. Probably other stuff too, but I can't remember anything else off the top of my head. Luftrausers must be soon, though.

I haven't spent enough time with my Vita to reach a verdict (hoping to find Persona 4 or Dragon's Crown out in the wild) but I bought my 3DS early this year and enjoyed it greatly ever since. Now that I have a Vita I'm truly in handheld heaven.

Not a huge fan of Spyro and Crash, never was. I think I'll leave PSone games aside and go bargain hunting for the time being. WipEout, Everybody's Golf and MGS HD Collection should be pretty cheap by now.

This might be an odd recommendation, or two, but you really should pick up:

Sound Shapes and Hotline Miami. Really great games from PSN.

If you like racing: Wipeout 2048 or Need For Speed Most Wanted.

I truly loved Assassins Creed Liberation and Uncharted Golden Abyss.

You can't go wrong with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Killzone Mercenary and you should give Soul Sacrifice, a shot!

Man, you say everything except West Virginia :-(
My apologies!! WV is included too in my search, as I'm only 3.5 hours from the border. I have family that lives in Wheeling/st clairesville, so there is that!

It's kind of funny though. I know 4 other people irl that own a vita. One plays the same games as I do, except is a newer dad with a busy job, so I rarely see him. Two others don't play the same games, at all, so nothing good would come out of that. Lastly, the other person, they are so far behind on games in general they'll never catch up. All my recommendations go unanswered, either because they don't have the time, or don't seem to care about the game. Sooooooo yea. I do work with this fella, one of the above mentioned, and we go out every Friday on lunch for some public vita. There is that at least...

Lone survivor edit:
It is a very neat game, more atmospheric than I was expecting (which wasn't a ton, considering a 2d very pixelated game). Only put about 30 minutes on it, as I need sleep, but it definitely will have me coming back. Indeed it is hard to get lost, using your mini map is key. Can't comment on story element really without giving anything away, but I've seen some pretty neat stuff I wasn't expecting. So far I'm pretty pleased with the purchase.

Tygamr

Bought Lone Survivor, and so far I think it's pretty great. Looks great on the Vita screen, and the music is really good. Game is confusing though. So easy to get lost/stuck.

VanWinkle

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 Vita screenshots (VERY compressed and small but that's all we got):

Vita_Day5.png

Vita_Day3.jpg

Vita_Day4.png

Vita_Day2.png

I'm excited to play it again when it comes out. Hopefully soon.

omg_mjd

BATMAN!

Also, Valhalla Knights and Atomic Ninjas. Probably other stuff too, but I can't remember anything else off the top of my head. Luftrausers must be soon, though.

Thanks! Batman looks very polished going by the E3 video. Getting Valhalla Knights 3 for sure. Atomic Ninjas is interesting too, picking that one up if the multiplayer is any good.

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 Vita screenshots (VERY compressed and small but that's all we got):

Damn, finally! I thought it was dead.

Hohokum has really got my interest now 'cause of this developer commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Ozh3XsYNM it's less of an abstraction in my mind, now.

Samurai Gunn looking even better too... http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/23/samurai-gunn-gameplay-commentary

Those have both moved up my most anticipated list.

Vita_Day5.png

Vita_Day3.jpg

Vita_Day4.png

Vita_Day2.png

Sweet! Was just playing this with my kids on ps3 tonite. Will probably buy on vita since I got it free on plus for ps3.

Hope it runs smooth.

Edgeward

Got 100% for Dragon Fantasy Book 1. The last chapter/intermission was definitely the most interesting as it has a minecraft aspect where you go into a dungeon grab some minerals and then head out to forge some new stuff so that it can help when you go deeper. It's also the shortest chapter so it's a real shame. I know the concept exists for other game just not sure what off the top of my head (other than Steamworld Dig) because I think that is something I could go for right now.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Haven't played football manager. what's it like? Thinking about getting it on the Vita. Is it yurop only or will it come stateside?

in soccer related things, USA USA USA USA
Hq6rLTV.jpg

USA? Pfft.

European soccer is far more interesting:

ShortsDown.gif

Fifa needs to add this move in Fifa 2015

jengo

I wonder if PES 2014 for PSP will be a more interesting to play game than FIFA 14 for Vita? I didn't play PES 2013 on PSP, but the 1st Vita FIFA was novel enough....I always enjoy putting my face in the game!

I wonder if PES 2014 for PSP will be a more interesting to play game than FIFA 14 for Vita? I didn't play PES 2013 on PSP, but the 1st Vita FIFA was novel enough....I always enjoy putting my face in the game!

I'm getting both, This will be my first PES in so many years. Hoping they are both equally good.

RalchAC

Before everybody kills me for voting those two games I asked too for PSO2, VC3 and Type-0 too.

I still hope that SEGA announces a PSO2 PS4 version, so they'll get their asses together and localize the game here. It must be risky localizing a F2P game... but I may buy some shit just to support the developers.

CrovaxPSO

Does anyone know if I could play Ad-hoc multiplayer with 1 copy of Virtua Tennis 4, and 1 copy of the japanese version Power Smash 4?

I've played online on my US copy with people from Japan on Power Smash. No idea if that means you can play ad-hoc, but might be an indication that you can?

I've played online on my US copy with people from Japan on Power Smash. No idea if that means you can play ad-hoc, but might be an indication that you can?

Hmm me too actually now that i think about it.. that's a good point, even if i can't play local in the same room, i could at least play online in the same room :D

Ugh, now I remember why I put SS aside. That double Elven Queen level is brutal.

I am currently here. I am currently playing Gravity Rush instead, this had nothing to with this stage at all.

I should probably play MP sometime. It might help vs going ineffectively solo or relying on the crappy AI companions as cannon fodder.

Shengar

Still no Trail in the Sky sale this week :(

Is some VitaGAF here still actively play SS? If so, I want to catch up so I can play with the bunch of you :)

sajj316

And don't forget the vita gals. :) Amazing time with all of you. Gonna send the photo over PM,and if you both ok with that, we could post it here.

Next month topic title should be "Candy crush was destroying my marriage/relationship. Vita saved it."

Ah yes, the vitagals as well :). No problem with posting. Remember to pick up Killzone Mercenary. My PSN ID is sajj316.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Frozen synapse new art is a bit bland and maybe harder to look at compared to the old one, but whatever.
Bit trip runner looks incredibly good! But i'm not into endless runners.

Nope, the Tales games were. :(
"One of the most requested", not the most requested ;)
If shahid chose the word wisely then this could exclude the most requested tales game ;)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Bumhead

Banned

I forgot PES 14 was releasing on PSP.

Wouldn't mind a football game for my new Vita but I'm not buying FIFA 14.

What have the recent PSP PES games been like? And is there any sort of modding community to fix the names and kits like there is on consoles?

Cha

Wanny

For those stuck with "preparing to download", it almost never work for me when I freshly bought the game and it wants to DL. Instead, it works everytime I go into "download list" menu and DL it from there.

SmokyDave

Phwoar, I hadn't realised SFxT was going to be a PS+ freebie. I nearly picked it up last week!

I doubt I'll be able to tear myself away from KZ: M long enough to play it, but you never know.

nampad

Phwoar, I hadn't realised SFxT was going to be a PS+ freebie. I nearly picked it up last week!

I doubt I'll be able to tear myself away from KZ: M long enough to play it, but you never know.

Just started the download for it and Touch my Katamari. The amount of DLC for it is just laughable, Crapcom indeed.

Edit: argh, bubble limit is killing me. Sony needs to fix this as soon as possible.

Divekick looks like a fighting game, plays like one and is defined by its developers as a fighting game, so I can assure you there was no troll post on my part. You do seem to not have the slightest bit of respect for that game though for some reason, but whatever.

I don't like the game and don't consider it a fighting game by the "English definition" to use your own term.

Top Bottom