• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

So guys is Lone survivor worth grabbing? Listened to people in this thread about Hotline Miami and came out having a great time. Not big on many indie games so looking for a few opinions, if anyone here has tried the game.
I'm interested in this myself, but I am pretty certain I am grabbing this tonight when I get home. I remember watching the trailer for the phone version a while back, and remember thinking good things about it, but I really didn't care to go any further than watching a trailer because I hate 90% of cell phone gaming out there. I shall put some feedback up if needed later on after I have played it some.

Yopis

I'm interested in this myself, but I am pretty certain I am grabbing this tonight when I get home. I remember watching the trailer for the phone version a while back, and remember thinking good things about it, but I really didn't care to go any further than watching a trailer because I hate 90% of cell phone gaming out there. I shall put some feedback up if needed later on after I have played it some.

Gotcha do that if you can. On a trip but will be back home tomorrow. Will probably grab either way but would be cool to hear some feedback from the Vita version.

lonely

Pegi has rated Valhalla Knights 3 for Europe so maybe an announcement about that coming over will be soon. They've also rated The Wolf Among Us, the Telltale Fables games, hadn't seen it announced for the platform so probably something about that soon as well.

Today 6PM at Stout NYC bar near Madison Square Garden/34th Street Penn Station. West 33rd St. between 6th and 7th Ave.

It seems a good bit of VitaGAF is actually Vita-EUROPE-GAF. Don't worry fellas. I'll be in London sooner than later ;)

Ok. I'll be there at 6 with my gf, waiting on the entrance. See you soon.

taking a 6:10 ferry over and will have to walk from 1st ave to herald sq - expect me round 630. can't stay too long though, have some work that is taking me longer than expected.

oh yeah - how will i find yall??

AmanoBuff

From Shahid's Twitter:

QUK015n.png

Wonder which title is he referring to.

Also, nice to see #jrpgvita is right on track.

Seeing all you NYGaffers meet up makes me super jelly.

Anyone live near Cincinnati, Ohio? How about just living in Ohio? Or Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan?! Tennessee?!

I would say Pennsylvania, but I'm looking at at least a 5 hour drive for that...

Just compiled a list of Compatible Vita games one could buy during this October Promo:

This excludes PSX games, and a bunch of other PSP games, gonna make a list of them soon.

Either get it while the promo is up or you can wait for a sale, the Invasion sTAGEs update is free.

good list! thanks.

might be a good time for me to jump in on Killzone and dragons.

Novocaine

Personally, I agree with you.
I don't consider Smash Bros. a fighter.
I don't really like the idea of Sony Smash as a fighter, but it's closer to what I consider a fighter than Smash Bros. is.

Divekick? I don't even know what to say about that one...

To me a fighting game needs to have a bunch of things, such as a combo system, cancellable moves, special moves, and in most cases, metered specials.
But that's me. It all depends on your definition of what you consider a fighter.

Your requirements sort of take most if not all fighting games before SSF2T off the board. If there are set attributes to define a genre then you will never see it expand and every new entry will always be the same old thing with some racing stripes added to differentiate it from its predecessor.

sajj316

taking a 6:10 ferry over and will have to walk from 1st ave to herald sq - expect me round 630. can't stay too long though, have some work that is taking me longer than expected.

me .. big dude, broad shoulders, brown, white shirt, slick suit :)

seriously though .. just GAF PM me.

Shinriji

Black cassette Tshirt for me, and my gf will be wearing a green and pink scarf. Later. I am taking my vita as well.

RalchAC

From Shahid's Twitter:

QUK015n.png

Wonder which title is he referring to.

Also, nice to see #jrpgvita is right on track.

Afther the Football Manager thing, I'm keeping my hopes at healthy levels. It doesn't seem a localization, more like a port or a multiplatform release.

The safe bets are imo an Ubisoft or an indie game. Maybe something from The Chinese Room, now that they and Sony seem to be budies... I don't know.

Anyone up for some trophy boosting in Need for speed most wanted?

I see music unlimited got an update, unfortunately it seems to still cut music out when u get a notification when the screen is off. That and it still stops the music if u back out of the app.

nampad

Anyone up for some trophy boosting in Need for speed most wanted?

I see music unlimited got an update, unfortunately it seems to still cut music out when u get a notification when the screen is off. That and it still stops the music if u back out of the app.

Only for online music. You can set your songs to offline mode and they will keep playing. This also works as custom soundtrack for games.

I just need two multiplayer trophies for a platinum- take down a friend in multiplayer, and play a custom speed list. I'm up for it. I'd have to add you though (and vice versa).
Yea i need the custom speed list one too. I set it for the easiest event you just sit on top of a ramp lol. My psn is the same as my gaf name.

Only for online music. You can set your songs to offline mode and they will keep playing. This also works as custom soundtrack for games.
Yea i just find it annoying i can have online music play on android in the background but the vita doesnt or cant. Even if it did that notification problem may make it pointless if that would happen during the playback.

Your requirements sort of take most if not all fighting games before SSF2T off the board. If there are set attributes to define a genre then you will never see it expand and every new entry will always be the same old thing with some racing stripes added to differentiate it from its predecessor.

Yeah, pretty much. My first fighting game was Street Fighter II: The World Warrior. Followed by Mortal Kombat and a bunch of the SNES/Genesis only fighters of that era.

That's not correct. You can use those two buttons to move and other things.

I looked it up -- it's still ridiculously basic.

Where are yall sitting? Im the guy dripping in sweat.

GROUP PHOTO!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Try searching for: ヴァルハラナイツ3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwZzcK3G_Ac edit: sorry, I should have said this is nsfw

It's funny how the US trailers show none of this, yet in Japan it's basically sold on it. These parts have made it into the US release I believe, rated M for mature.

Damn you i was in public when i clicked the link hours ago lol.
Anyway all i can find are trailers and the firs 10 minutes of gameplay...

I found that it has free dlcs, one of them introduces big penis mushroom enemies...

Tygamr

I'm behind on missions. Only just got back into it. Wyvern isn't that bad, and we beat him on our first try, but when both of them are chasing you and you run out of spells, especially healing spells, it sucks. Elven queen is easy to avoid when she's chasing you.

Soul4ger

The Lone Survivor is now on my Vita. I'm about seven hours into my second P4G playthrough, so I'll probably wrap that up then start TLS, The Walking Dead, and Muramasa. Too much good stuff to play!!

ZeroAKA

I'm behind on missions. Only just got back into it. Wyvern isn't that bad, and we beat him on our first try, but when both of them are chasing you and you run out of spells, especially healing spells, it sucks. Elven queen is easy to avoid when she's chasing you.
Pro-tip: Doing a 99/1 build is easy mode. The only disadvantage is that it will take significantly longer time to complete the missions, but equipping your character with some attack boosting sigils should make the missions less tedious.

VanWinkle

I'm in the mood for Spelunky. Haven't played it in a couple of weeks and I miss it.

Seeing all you NYGaffers meet up makes me super jelly.

Anyone live near Cincinnati, Ohio? How about just living in Ohio? Or Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan?! Tennessee?!

I would say Pennsylvania, but I'm looking at at least a 5 hour drive for that...

Man, you say everything except West Virginia :-(

omg_mjd

Anything notable releasing in October? Already bought everything I want so not sure if the spend $50 promo is going to do anything for me (aside from resubbing plus).

Soul4ger

Wait, just kinda catching up to the daily chatter. I was at work all day. What's this about Shahid announcing a requested Vita game tonight?

Tygamr

Wait, just kinda catching up to the daily chatter. I was at work all day. What's this about Shahid announcing a requested Vita game tonight?

Wait, he said he was announcing something tonight? I thought he just said that he made an offer regarding one of the most requested JRPGs.

Shinriji

Yup, that was a must. Nothing like sharing a few cold ones, stories, and laughter (at the expense of Toto and Takao) with VitaGAF bros. Good times. Maybe next time.

And don't forget the vita gals. :) Amazing time with all of you. Gonna send the photo over PM,and if you both ok with that, we could post it here.

Next month topic title should be "Candy crush was destroying my marriage/relationship. Vita saved it."

Wait, he said he was announcing something tonight? I thought he just said that he made an offer regarding one of the most requested JRPGs.

Umm you guys are jumping the gun

He said he may have something to announce soon. highly requested which means it could be damn near anything(since we collectively request everything come to Vita)

Temper your expectations guys.

And don't forget the vita gals. :) Amazing time with all of you. Gonna send the photo over PM,and if you both ok with that, we could post it here.

Next month topic title should be "Candy crush was destroying my marriage/relationship. Vita saved it."

woo it was a great time! post away my man. wish all you vitacats coulda been there..

Top Bottom