• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Things happening and keeping me busy. But yeah, I got lots of catching up to do. I am currently crawling the Vita releases of the past 5-6 months or so seeing what I need to pick up. Also why did you change your username if you are who I think you are?
I still think Dragon's Crown is the big standout of the last few months. Killzone is also fantastic but I've got a soft spot for brawlers.

Changed the username because... I didn't like it anymore. Lyphen was 14 years old, filled with baggage and ripe for a change. erpg is more similar to the new gaming ID I broadly adopted after finally joining PSN last year.

Basically the real intent of the wording is like this

Use "wifi in power save mode", as in the wifi is in a mode that will save battery, so it automatically disabled after it went to sleep for a while.

Not "use wifi" in "power save mode", which implies that wifi will still work in power save mode, which we assume is the sleep state.

So you need to uncheck that box if you want vita to keep downloading stuff in sleep mode

Of course! It would actually be better describing it as:

"Set power save mode for WiFi"
It would have an "i" which would explain the feature.

Basically the real intent of the wording is like this

Use "wifi in power save mode", as in the wifi is in a mode that will save battery, so it automatically disabled after it went to sleep for a while.

Not "use wifi" in "power save mode", which implies that wifi will still work in power save mode, which we assume is the sleep state.

So you need to uncheck that box if you want vita to keep downloading stuff in sleep mode

facepalm

I enabled it a week or so ago thinking I should have had it on the whole time. Thanks.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I remember going to the Vita manual/support site when the Wi-Fi setting was added, voting the page down and asking them to rewrite it in English instead of technical manualese.

Must've been a couple months ago now. Funny that it's still confusing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I still think Dragon's Crown is the big standout of the last few months. Killzone is also fantastic but I've got a soft spot for brawlers.

Changed the username because... I didn't like it anymore. Lyphen was 14 years old, filled with baggage and ripe for a change. erpg is more similar to the new gaming ID I broadly adopted after finally joining PSN last year.

Any smaller recent sub 10$ recommendations?

Soooo, I bought Urban Trials and Sine Mora yesterday/twodaysago. Impressions for both are below, in something I hope doesn't anger people at the size..

LaughingBanana started this the other day, and I was travelling on the road when I came across this. Being back
(and at work :D )
I decided to do the same. Sorry for the length, but like others I love my Vita...I copied my list from psnprofiles. Game names I italicized are titles I no longer have on my card, but I do still own them (free or paid, either way). Got my classics & minis at the bottom.

Big Sky Infinity – Enjoyable TwinStick Shmup. Really liked the level randomization & adaptive difficulty. Got very hard, very fast once your ship was fully upgraded (you do this before each round). Multiple modes of play adds some spice, 4p co op ps3, a-sync online on Vita. Cross buy, and super easy (automatic) cross save.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND – A great port of the PS3 game. Sadly, I’ve never liked BB, despite tons of time put in to it. When I play it, I just see an inferior Guilty Gear. Or I think, “Why am I not playing Guilty Gear.” Recently deleted for space.

BreakQuest: Extra Evolution – Free breakout clone, somewhat cheap feeling. I didn’t care for how the ball moved, deleted this one pretty quickly :( Yea I could have put more time in to it, but a ftp game can’t really compete for my backlog space seriously..

Chronovolt – Free labyrinth like game, gave it an ok try. Initially found it very boring and not fun, though I did find a little bit of joy in it after a while, but I never got near completion. I doubt I ever will reinstall it.

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS – Bought it during the JP sale. Love the DOA series, probably one of the few only 3d fighters I can stand. Plays very well, and the cross play is a great feature. Haven’t played a lot, but it will stay on my card for a while.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention – Was my first experience into Disgaea. Got it free from Plus, got done with the tutorial, and shelved it. Really want to go back to it, as I really enjoyed the humor, and music. Started it directly after finishing P4G, and a lot of the voice actors worked on both games, so it was jarring to hear the same people. Might have been why I shelved it, but I will come back to it. Best tactical gameplay I have played.

Divekick – Tons of fun with friends. Decent online. 2 player mode on one Vita, too!!!

Dokuro – The trailer made this game look pretty great. I’ve gotten to world 6 or so. Changing the “switch” to a button does make the game much more palatable, but the puzzles never really clicked, nor the did the platforming. The art style that everyone talks about isn’t anything special to me – might’ve been more impactful if it were a little more animated. Staying on my card, for now, until I need space.

Dragon Fantasy Book I – Bought it for under 2 bucks. Looks neat, totally old school. The ability to change graphics AND music style to 8 bit is RAD, love that. Haven’t put any time in to it though since I bought it!

Dragon's Crown – Where to begin? The game is a gem. An awesome RPG, with a great battle system, great art, great music, great everything. The only thing lacking from this stellar package is cross play.

DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT – Bought it during the JP sale, but have wanted it desperately since Vita launch. First DW game I’ve ever devoted time to, since I can take it with me everywhere. Found out there is much more to the game than hacking & slashing. Really a fun game, glad I finally picked it up.

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable – My oh my. This game is will be on my card for a looong time. It is very fun to blast hordes of bugs, or giant robots. The ever progressive system means that no matter what difficulty you play on, you can improve your character. Online multi, countless weapons & lots of hard hard hard difficulties make this a winner.

Ecolibrium – Sorta liked the concept…buuut I could never remember to come back to it within a specific time. All my Ecosystems died out. Deleted for more space, might reinstall down the road when I can get my brain to remember.

Escape Plan – Wanted since launch, picked it up during a recent sale. I really wanted to like this, but some of the controls & navigation got frustrating. I’m a patient fella, but some of this was too much. Also, finding out it was over 2.5 gb, it was promptly deleted. Might come back to it later when the 128 gb cards are released..

Foosball 2012 – Y’know….I don’t know that I have even played this game. When I go to delete it, I think I spare it due to it’s small size…I dunno…maybe I put it in a folder and forgot about it. Will research it though..

FROBISHER SAYS! – DLed it when I got my 32gb. Played with it a little, but never in the way the game was intended. It was neat. Deleted recently for space.

Germinator – Free DL from PS Plus. Played for a few minutes, then deleted. Felt like a game for my phone, not for my Vita :(

GRAVITY RUSH – Platinumed. Loved. Adored. 100% all the dlc. Love everything about this series, we all need moar GR.

Guacamelee! – Very fun game. Am a little peeved, as I started my save over on hard before I collected everything, so I have a hard time ahead of me if I want to Plat it. But it was a blast to play, with superb music & humor.

GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS R – The most technically demanding fighting game made, on my Vita. Sad I can’t use a stick on it :( Not happy with the no online, but I don’t care about that since my local FG scene is pretty large, and GG is a favorite amongst a lot of them. Being able to play the newest update to the GG series before (most) of my friends is incredible. Even after a US PS3 release of +R, this is still an amazing package. Stunning visuals and gameplay, a must buy for any hardcore fighting game fan. Sadly, if you no local scene is available to you, then you will be out of human opposition, but the CPU should be more than enough to challenge you until your thumbs and eyeballs bleed.

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational – First game purchased for my Vita at Launch. I still play this amazing gem to this day. Near unlimited replayability, great online modes, great fun. Sad there is no “pass the system” MP, but all in all one great package. HSG was one of my most played PSP games, and the trend follows suit with the Vita.

Hotline Miami – Superb game. Never played it on Steam, but I could not imagine playing on anything BUT a Vita. Such tight controls, very addictive gameplay, and an extremely weird drug laced 80’s vibe throughout the game make this a choice action game.

Jet Set Radio – Everything I remember about the original, only way better. The colors pop on that OLED, the controls are as tight as ever, and the music is just as nostalgic. The graffiti creator got a mixed upgrade, you can take pictures of graffiti you want to use, but so far have not been able to find a way to import from the card a la DC days. Still, a great (classic) game. Now for JSRF!!!!

Jetpack Joyride – Great fun on my phone. Not so much on a Vita, I felt like I was doing the system an injustice playing this on it. Barry was king in Age of Zombies tho..

KickBeat – Roughly am 50% through the story mode. This is a really cool take on music rhythm games. The music tracks included in the game seems fairly similar to one another (not bad, since I enjoy metal), but I hope to create some diversity with the custom track editor. Excellent game otherwise, a solid first entry in the Vita field.

Knytt Underground – Before this came to PS Plus, I thought it looked so boring. After getting it for free and putting some time in to it, I’ve changed that word to “relaxing” now. It’s been saved from deletion many a times, with me saying I will return to explore more when I am feeling it.

LittleBigPlanet – Definitely the best LBP I have played. Lot’s of fun, despite floaty like jumping mechanics. My only beef with the game is that I *ALWAYS* have troubles playing online games. Even on the same network, the game can be laggy. Aside from that, a great gem.

Lumines Electronic Symphony – Picked this up during an Amazon sale a month or two back. Cool puzzler, never put any time in the PSP version. Really dig the music, and the gameplay is solid. When I want a good block puzzle game, I know just where to go.

Machinarium – Got it free, haven’t started yet. Heard good things from you all though.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection – Having some of PS2’s best games in my pocket with enhanced graphics and controls is pure win. All I need is a Vita MGS4
GOD NO
and the Vita will be a portable MGS musheen.

Mortal Kombat – Picked up on sale for $10 at Best Buy cause it was cheap. Was passing on the ps3 versions for a while since no in my fighting community played this really. Still got a good bit of enjoyment out of the game though.

MOTORSTORM RC – Got it free from the Scion Promotion, doubt I’d buy it otherwise. Still, it’s a sweet updated version of RC Pro Am. Really does feel like you are driving RC cars though..

Need for Speed: Most Wanted – Wow, what a package. Never saw or played the ps3 version. Very blown away at all the content in this portable racer, arguably the best open world racer on any handheld device. Favorite part was likely how most of the menus can be done while you play the game using the Dpad. So easy to find online friends and play, and even more fun just driving around the city with them. Close to plat’ing this one.

New Paint Park – Hey sweet I can paint & draw on my Vita! Oh wait…I need to buy my utensils?? Deleeeeete.

NINJA GAIDEN Σ PLUS – Once you get used to the 30 fps fiasco, you’ll be chopping heads and throwing lightning bolts like never before. Fun game, just maddeningly hard.

Persona 4 Golden – First true Persona game (3d everything). Played P3P, loved every single second of it. P4g was just an enamoring, but I did feel like the story was a *tad* less impactful than what was in P3P, it still was a superb game. Will get around to Plat’ing one day.

Pinball Arcade – Finally downloaded after 2 months of free on Plus. GREAT ball physics, love the classic pinball machines too. Some real gems in there. My biggest complaint is the lack of vertical orientation, a la Zen Pinball. This game would be my “go to” for pinball action if it had that. HATE the crappy theme music though, such a shameless rip off.

Plants Vs. Zombies –DL free from Plus. Deleted 15 minutes after. The game never interested me. I enjoy tower defense games….but not this.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale – A good effort of Smash Bro’s, but poor dev and community support made this game die quickly. It’s fun with friends, but certain characters have clear advantages over others. On my card till I need space.

PulzAR – Sweet fun light puzzler. I am a pure sucker for AR games. The puzzles are pretty fun, too. Well worth the 2 buck asking price.

Rayman Origins – First Rayman game, ever. Really loving the animation & gameplay. I bought it before I bought Dragon’s Crown, hoping it would satisfy my 2d cravings. I love firing this up when I want to play in a fun whimsical world of entertainment.

Retro City Rampage – Got it free on Plus, wouldn’t have bought it otherwise. It’s a fun game that I can only seem to play for 15 minutes at a time before I have to turn it off.

Shinobido 2 – One of the Vita’s most underrated titles in my book. Launch title, great graphics, branching story mode with 3 endings, 2 characters to play and level up, full alchemy system with TONSSSSSS of possibilities and recipes, fun stealth gameplay and more make this game a well rounded package. For those wanting Tenchu, or a sweet stealth action game, look no further.

Sine Mora – just picked this up. I thought I would like it from the screenshots. I think I like it. Going through the story mode now, but I feel very underwhelmed. It looks fairly nice, but the ships main weapon upgrades seem very timid. Using sub weapons is usually out of the question, as I do not care to reset my combo counters. Screenshots made it look very bullet hellish. I’m sure on the harder difficulties it may get more like it, but your own ships attack seems so miniscule in comparison. The ship’s hitbox seems off, or there are too many projectiles that are small that blend with the background I think. I say this because I find myself randomly losing my powerups when I am in the middle of the screen, with nothing around me sometimes. I was expecting a DoDonPachi, a Mars Matrix, a GigaWing type game, but all I got was 1942 :( 1942 is a great game though, and this seems good so far, just not what I was expecting. To be fair, I am still very early on, and haven’t begun to crack the harder difficulties. I continue to power on through, as I love shmups.

Soul Sacrifice – Monster hunter is my shit. This isn’t Monster Hunter, but it’s a great thing in every way possible. Setting itself apart from the hunting formula, this gem puts a whole new spin on the hunting genre. Outstanding game, sadly I shelved it a month after I got it (thanks to MH) but have recently picked it back up again. Tons of depth, gameplay, and story to be found in one of the coolest styles of presentation in any game I have ever played.

Sound Shapes – Great platformer based on music. I’m a music nut, and I enjoy platformers, so this game is a gem to me. Death mode can suck my ass, but we will frolic in fields holding hands one day when I get that Plat. Outstanding game.

Spelunky – Demon Soul’s and Rayman’s demonic offspring. A 2d platforming game so hard you’ll laugh AND cry. But art so charming you can’t help but want to try to endlessly rescue sacrifice more dogs. Or Chippendales dancers. Or ladies.

SUPER STARDUST DELTA – Got it free from AT&T’s 3G signup promotion, but I would gladly buy it and all it’s DLC all over again. Superb TwinStick shooter. I like it better than it’s PS3 bretheren in every way. Just need to turn off ALL the new gimmicks, and play it in classic mode. Still hold the #1 slot in every category among all my friends :D

Table Ice Hockey – Surprisingly fun AR game. Complete with customizable teams, and a 2p mode, this game has provided me with many local MP matches where it is the Avengers vs the Justice League. Great AR game for the price, especially if a local buddy gets a copy too.

TABLE TOP TANKS – Another fun AR game, though can be a little slow. Almost made for 4 players, it can be boring with 1v1. Playing with oversized AR cards makes this one a lot more fun. Heck, oversized AR cards are just fun in general. (I’ll post a pic of what I mean later, currently at work.)

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack – 2 Dimensional Katamari. So much fun! I gladly got this game to 100%. Outstanding humor, and the alternate levels were pretty cool as well.

Touch My Katamari – Picked up during the recent JP sale. Been wanting for a while though. It’s Katamari, through and through. Using the touch for control takes some getting used to, but it lets you be lazy once you get decent at it. Nothing matches the dual sticks though, in CLASSIC control, and especially none of this fancy extra lazy new age control scheme. Will come back to this here and there till it gets to 100%.

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 –Second game bought for Vita at launch. I wanted portable Mahvel. At the time, I had close 700+ hours logged on to MvC3 for ps3. I shudder to think where I am with UMvC3. This is Mahvel, on the go, though the game has it’s flaws. Certain combos just flat out do not work, and never will, due to Capcom’s blind eye they’ve turned to one of their more popular games.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss – Uncharted 2 started to get a little tiresome to me near the end, but thankfully this did not. The graphics are top notch, and the gyro aiming made a much welcome addition. A few of the gimmicky parts weren’t too bad for me. Plus, the touch navigation climbing was such a treat, I am not looking forward to playing U3. Once I beat GA, however, I deleted it shortly after.

Unit 13 – A great bite sized portable TPS. Missions tailored for portable play, with some lasting 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Graphically not bad, though the arcade style of the game makes speed runs very inspirational. Getting those high scores are a blast. The dynamic missions added totally new elements, changing things up in countless ways whenever you wanted. Add in full co op for everything, and daily mission challenges, and it’s a great package. Shame there wont be a Unit 14.
ba-dum TISHHH

Urban Trials Evolution – When I first fired this up, I was in love. A trials type game on the go! After a few hours, I still really like it, but I am sorely missing analog inputs for the throttle. Being able to feather the gas on an upslope is a major part of the game, and in this game it’s all or nothing. Halfway through the campaign now, but so far the overall package feels a tad lacking. Some of the level design is questionable too, like powered launchers, spaced extremely close to one another. I’m not a trials n00b, I’ve put more than my fair share of time in on XB, but some of these level designs seem off. Though, on the flip, I realllly like the overall design of other levels. So I guess I have to take the good with the bad.

VelocityUltra – Portal x Vertical Shooter hybrid. Never played the mini. This is a fun game, great for when small bursts are needed. Would love to Plat..but seeing the frustration it caused fellow gaffers, maaayyyyybe not. We shall see.

Virtue's Last Reward – Haven’t got past the intro, but I already love it. I started right after completing 999 to its fullest. I am put off by a few things in the intro of VLR, though I only expect great things from this title.

Wake-up Club – Eh, game like elements, I copied and pasted list, and now the energy typing all this out far beats the energy to delete. BUT – I have never once gotten up with real live people. All bots. Still neat.

Welcome Park – Trophies. A blemish otherwise.

WipEout 2048 – My oh my. What a game. Blistering speed, tons of content for single and multiplayer fans alike. Way even more DLC if you have the PS3 version. This game revitalized my love in Wipeout. Still play this one online, and locally with a friend.

Zen Pinball 2 – Got the Star Wars tables free. I love the presentation of the game, especially the vertical orientation. I dislike the ball physics though. Not enough of a dislike to keep me from playing it, but I feel they are off. Will still likely give the money though, as that vertical play is so cool.

OTHERS
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (PSP) - Yes, I have 2 GG’s on my card. This one is for on the road practicing on a current GG that the local community has access to.
Metal Gear Solid – Nothing needs to be said.
Metal Slug XX(PSP) – Metal Slug goodness. If only I could digitize my MS Collection, too.
Haunt The House (MINI) – A charming game where you posses items in a house to spook the people out of it! Got it for free during e3, but it’s a cute fun game I like to come back to from time to time.
Rymdkapsel – Pain in the ass to type, but a fun minimalistic rts of sorts game. Always on survival mode. Also got this free during the e3 fun.Glad to see what the fuss was about, I also enjoy booting this up from time to time.

I just started up my Vita after a long, long time and that Icon Anti-aliasing is tasty. Will take me a while to download all the game updates.

Welcome back, friend-o.
We've missed you. I've missed you.

Wonder if they'll offer Soul Sacrifice as a PS+ game soon? With the new game coming in Q1 (Maybe Japan though only?), they might put it up for us :)

Wishful thinking, I think.

I'm almost positive it'll come to PS+ sometime before Soul Sacrifice 2. Delta might be a bit too early though.

It could before Soul Sacrifice 2.
But with Delta, it depends on how they handle it... if they give out the update as DLC or new package (ala SSFIVAE and Ultra) then there's no way that will happen. Sony isn't going to give out Soul Sacrifice and let people upgrade it to Delta for $15...

Same here. Fingers crossed for a patch + expansion DLC instead of having to buy the full game.

Yeah, I won't pay $40 for another one. Give me a $15 DLC and I'll pay it in a heartbeat. Not too large on the filesize please, hopefully. :)

I remember going to the Vita manual/support site when the Wi-Fi setting was added, voting the page down and asking them to rewrite it in English instead of technical manualese.

Must've been a couple months ago now. Funny that it's still confusing.

I know there's a difference between letting it go to standby by screen time out and by pressing the power button. I'll have to check which setting I have... which menu is this in again.

Any smaller recent sub 10$ recommendations?

Spelunky is fantastic, but $15; was on sale 1st week for $12.
Limbo when it was on sale for $6.
Stealth, Inc. too. That might be $10.

Otherwise, I highly recommend for newer games: Killzone, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa

cyborg009

Banned
hehe

1378893843518_%E2%91%A0.jpg
1378893849036_%E2%91%A1.jpg

speaking of marvel...

dude TAC'd into Dr. Doom and started doing his infinite!

I was cheering him on as my Wesker was dying, but then he dropped the combo :(

I had to kill him for making such a grave mistake

speaking of marvel...

dude TAC'd into Dr. Doom and started doing his infinite!

I was cheering him on as my Wesker was dying, but then he dropped the combo :(

I had to kill him for making such a grave mistake

That's impressive, on a Vita.

Your response was most appropriate. I enjoy doing the same with the character that my opponent snaps in.

"Oh, you want to fight that character instead?!?! FINE!!!!!"

omergerd. I wants it.

Your response was most appropriate. I enjoy doing the same with the character that my opponent snaps in.

Nice big post up there.
We should try to get LBP Vita going sometime (and Killzone and I'd be willing to help you in Soul Sacrifice too, even if you dropped it for MH [gross] and were bagging on my beloved Sine Mora).

Some things I had to add:
Loved your description of Spelunky.
I think Touch My Katamari's squeeze/stretch the ball with touch is fantastic.
Part of my problem with Velocity Ultra is that it's so twitch specific in the boost zones that in order to "PERFECT" the zone, you have to be ridiculously fucking precise. And when I manage to get the right analog to register that I threw my bomb to the right and it's on target and I watch it go through the wall instead of triggering the switch? I want to punch someone in the neck. Glad it's platinum'ed and off my card. :p

well, you are supposed to get them in an ambiguous mixup after a snap in

mine usually involves vergil rapid slash (assist) with either foot dive for a cross up, some form of teleport with wesker.

MH caused me to do the same thing.

I never liked the game until I played it on the Wii U. I like it better than Dark Souls

Well, I don't own a WiiU -- and I got tricked once thinking it might play a little like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls... when I bought MHFU. I was wrong. Then again, the "Souls" games are pretty much my favorite new IP this generation and FROM is fantastic. When people mention 3D Dot Heroes, I shudder and think "no way in hell this was the same studio". :lol

Well, I don't own a WiiU -- and I got tricked once thinking it might play a little like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls... when I bought MHFU. I was wrong. Then again, the "Souls" games are pretty much my favorite new IP this generation and FROM is fantastic. When people mention 3D Dot Heroes, I shudder and think "no way in hell this was the same studio". :lol

They made Armored Core For Answer, which is amazing.

I don't care for freedom unite or any of the others. I'll definitely be getting MH4.

MH and SS are quite different. If they had gear instead of spells with limited uses I probably would be able to play it again.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Did anyone here not like the demo for Spelunky but end up liking the game anyway? I didn't enjoy the demo and didn't enjoy it back when I played it on the 360 (and had no clue what it was and completely forgot about until I played the Vita demo). I want to like it after hearing all the good things about it,

Nice big post up there.
We should try to get LBP Vita going sometime (and Killzone and I'd be willing to help you in Soul Sacrifice too, even if you dropped it for MH [gross] and were bagging on my beloved Sine Mora).

Some things I had to add:
Loved your description of Spelunky.
I think Touch My Katamari's squeeze/stretch the ball with touch is fantastic.
Part of my problem with Velocity Ultra is that it's so twitch specific in the boost zones that in order to "PERFECT" the zone, you have to be ridiculously fucking precise. And when I manage to get the right analog to register that I threw my bomb to the right and it's on target and I watch it go through the wall instead of triggering the switch? I want to punch someone in the neck. Glad it's platinum'ed and off my card. :p
Thanks :D My local MH scene (2 friends) have moved on, so my 210 hour save will go ignored for some time now, since I have too much else to play. Sounds great about SS too, I really would rather play with other gaffers than with myself. And I wasn't intending to bag on Sine, if it came across that way my apologies. To me it's lacking certain things I was looking for, but I have yet to really put the time in necessary to really let it shine. I'm hoping I will be eating my words.
well, you are supposed to get them in an ambiguous mixup after a snap in

mine usually involves vergil rapid slash (assist) with either foot dive for a cross up, some form of teleport with wesker.
These mixups on incoming can become a joke if everyone uses Wesker/Vergil/DOOM/Dante/Zero, ya get used to them after a while. Why I like my C tier teams. Hsien Ko, Modok, Arthur/Hawkeye or the better team of Spencer/Modok/Deadpool.
They made Armored Core For Answer, which is amazing.

I don't care for freedom unite or any of the others. I'll definitely be getting MH4.

MH and SS are quite different. If they had gear instead of spells with limited uses I probably would be able to play it again.
This gen AC games WERE amazing, aside from the online only 5 I never played. I'll be day 1ing MH4 with ya! And to me, they deserve to be totally seperate games. I don't want a carbon copy of MH. SS'es mechanics (and everything else) are so drastically different that it makes the genre feel fresh to me. I have roughly over 500 total lifetime hours in MonHun games, and yet SS still feels fun and different. I love SS, it just got sac'ed in the chaos that followed it -_-

theytookourjobz

Did anyone here not like the demo for Spelunky but end up liking the game anyway? I didn't enjoy the demo and didn't enjoy it back when I played it on the 360 (and had no clue what it was and completely forgot about until I played the Vita demo). I want to like it after hearing all the good things about it,

I still hate Spelunky after probably 15 hours on 360, 40 on PC, and 10 on Vita. Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

jk, it's an awesome game and I don't think a demo could possibly convey why it's so special

I still hate Spelunky after probably 15 hours on 360, 40 on PC, and 10 on Vita. Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

jk, it's an awesome game and I don't think a demo could possibly convey why it's so special

I never didn't like it. I just didn't understand the appeal of the game until I saw it played for about an hour

Baron Von Beans said:
This gen AC games WERE amazing, aside from the online only 5 I never played.

I don't care for AC5 personally. They changed too much of what I loved about 4

da Baron said:
These mixups on incoming can become a joke if everyone uses Wesker/Vergil/DOOM/Dante/Zero, ya get used to them after a while. Why I like my C tier teams. Hsien Ko, Modok, Arthur/Hawkeye or the better team of Spencer/Modok/Deadpool.

Zero's incoming mixups are complete bullshit, regardless how many times you've played against one. it just sounds like you haven't played against too many good zero.

have you seen flocker's zero? yea, you ain't blocking that lol

Thanks :D My local MH scene (2 friends) have moved on, so my 210 hour save will go ignored for some time now, since I have too much else to play. Sounds great about SS too, I really would rather play with other gaffers than with myself. And I wasn't intending to bag on Sine, if it came across that way my apologies. To me it's lacking certain things I was looking for, but I have yet to really put the time in necessary to really let it shine. I'm hoping I will be eating my words.

People going in expecting a Cave shooter are generally disappointed, but it's leaps and bounds about 1942, IMO.

On the small screen, sometimes seeing the bullets can be hard, and yeah, there isn't a lot of variety in the main cannon (until you have 9 powerups and it's a full spread beam, I suppose), but you have to learn to strategically use your subweapons anyway... and there are definitely areas and bosses that fill the screen with bullets so you have to use whichever ability you have loaded (rewind/slow/reflect) or die. Hitboxes can be strange -- but if you look at them in arcade mode, it shows you where the hitbox is on any given aircraft you can pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUXjM247MZY

Dude doing score attack/arcade on hard mode, level 1-2 -- you can see he uses the sub-weapon strategically during the 2nd boss and then rebuilds the multiplier quickly immediately afterwards.

People going in expecting a Cave shooter are generally disappointed, but it's leaps and bounds about 1942, IMO.

On the small screen, sometimes seeing the bullets can be hard, and yeah, there isn't a lot of variety in the main cannon (until you have 9 powerups and it's a full spread beam, I suppose), but you have to learn to strategically use your subweapons anyway... and there are definitely areas and bosses that fill the screen with bullets so you have to use whichever ability you have loaded (rewind/slow/reflect) or die. Hitboxes can be strange -- but if you look at them in arcade mode, it shows you where the hitbox is on any given aircraft you can pilot.
Yea, i guess I could have been more specific instead of over exaggerating. But the screens I saw filled to the brim with multi colored bullets just had me seeing all sorts of goodness in my head. My history of BH's hath spoilt me to the multiple main weapon types too. I shall try to be more liberal with my power and sub weapon use...I can overcome my low scores as a result of those. The circle on each ship is roughly in the same spot, but I guess I have yet to fully grasp the extremities of it on the ship.

Minor frustrations, I assure you, as I do plan on putting much more time on it, I know I'll becomes acclimated to the game. I do not regret my purchase though, not in the least.

Great vid, too, gives me hope! I shall persevere!
Zero's incoming mixups are complete bullshit, regardless how many times you've played against one. it just sounds like you haven't played against too many good zero.

have you seen flocker's zero? yea, you ain't blocking that lol
Gah yea, you are right. Being at work apparantly interferes with the gaming side of my brain. Zero does indeed have some absolute shit mix ups. I've played against several Zero's, but one guy on my friends lists runs Zero/Vergil/Dante, and can TOD off any confirm from just about any position on the screen. There is no stopping it, unless you are lucky, and in a lot of cases, there is literal no way to block in every direction..

Takao

Banned
I like how the Dragon's Dogma Quest footage featured in the Vita Title Lineup at Sony's presser was just dialog. The gameplay must be riveting.

breakfuss

Brethren, i couldn't resist. They're practically giving away Fez in the latest humble bundle and I caved.
frown.gif
After waiting all this time, too. I am weak.

Mr.Ock

Brethren, i couldn't resist. They're practically giving away Fez in the latest humble bundle and I caved.
frown.gif

Same for me. But if I end up enjoying it, I'll probably double dip once it's out on Vita. Gotta support the V!

ZeroAKA

It could before Soul Sacrifice 2.
But with Delta, it depends on how they handle it... if they give out the update as DLC or new package (ala SSFIVAE and Ultra) then there's no way that will happen. Sony isn't going to give out Soul Sacrifice and let people upgrade it to Delta for $15...
Delta sounds like a standalone expansion since Siliconera mentioned being able to import save files from the original.

505 Games are saying they'll announce the Terraria Vita release date 'very soon' (link also has a bunch of new screenshots).

I'm guessing October/November at this rate? I really hope it's cross-buy...
If they would just confirm cross-buy already I would buy it instantly. Now I'm just waiting for the Vita version. I'm not gonna pay twice.

Well of course not, because it's not. From Software did not develop 3D Dot Heroes, it was developed by Silicon Knights, and published in Japan by From Software.

Ah, that would really explain it! Good going, FROM!

Delta sounds like a standalone expansion since Siliconera mentioned being able to import save files from the original.

No thanks. If they do it like that, I won't be supporting it, I think.

If they would just confirm cross-buy already I would buy it instantly. Now I'm just waiting for the Vita version. I'm not gonna pay twice.

Exactly. This type of BS is what had me pass on Cloudberry Kingdom too.

RalchAC

One doubt. Does Soul Sacrifice story change is you sacrifice/save someone? Something like the sorcerers going mad at me for saving Sortiara or different pages in the diary.

VanWinkle

frown.gif

Did the same thing. WAY too good of a deal. If I genuinely genuinely love it, I could see myself double dipping on Vita (since I really don't like ga,ing on my PC), but who knows.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I bought Virtue's Last Reward, I don't know anything about it though.

Did I do good?

it's not for everyone - but definitely enjoyable if it doesn't turn you off.

kinda like a choose your own adventure/mystery, with lots of puzzles mixed in. figuring out how to escape rooms etc. lots of people love it.

i liked it for awhile, but then just put it down in favor of other games.

you coulda made a ton worse purchases....

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
One doubt. Does Soul Sacrifice story change is you sacrifice/save someone? Something like the sorcerers going mad at me for saving Sortiara or different pages in the diary.
Not in the main story (though there is one big decision which affects the outcome).

In Avalon Pacts, which are non-story missions, the quests available will change depending on who and what you save. Allies will 'leave' you if they don't agree with how you're playing (you'll have to pay to get them back into your party, same as when they die).

Sadly, no (except in the Avalon pacts, where saving/sacrificing opens different paths). In the main plot either the game will treat it as if you did one even if you did the other, or with some fights (like Sortiara), you are forced to fight her continually until you sacrifice her (saving her just makes the fight carry on).

it's not for everyone - but definitely enjoyable if it doesn't turn you off.

kinda like a choose your own adventure/mystery, with lots of puzzles mixed in. figuring out how to escape rooms etc. lots of people love it.

i liked it for awhile, but then just put it down in favor of other games.

you coulda made a ton worse purchases....

Huh sounds good, I did try and get a sense of what it was from reviews but it wasn't totally clear. I just got a sense it was well regarded and a longish game which is enough for me.

Top Bottom