• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

nampad

We should try to get LBP Vita going sometime (and Killzone and I'd be willing to help you in Soul Sacrifice too, even if you dropped it for MH [gross] and were bagging on my beloved Sine Mora).

I've been waiting for weeks for this to happen you know ;)

P.S.: I also hate Sine Mora.

RalchAC

Not in the main story (though there is one big decision which affects the outcome).

In Avalon Pacts, which are non-story missions, the quests available will change depending on who and what you save. Allies will 'leave' you if they don't agree with how you're playing (you'll have to pay to get them back into your party, same as when they die).

Sadly, no (except in the Avalon pacts, where saving/sacrificing opens different paths). In the main plot either the game will treat it as if you did one even if you did the other, or with some fights (like Sortiara), you are forced to fight her continually until you sacrifice her (saving her just makes the fight carry on).

Wow, that's sad. I thought the game could be made with decisions that affect development because it could be made for cheap, using just different text entries.

Inafume said that he wants the fanbase to make some petitions, right? It would be cool if in Soul Sacrifice 2 you are actually writting you own diary.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow, that's sad. I thought the game could be made with decisions that affect development because it could be made for cheap, using just different text entries.

Inafume said that he wants the fanbase to make some petitions, right? It would be cool if in Soul Sacrifice 2 you are actually writting you own diary.
Well, that's the other thing, your reliving someone else's life through the diary. At the end of the game (post-diary) you get the chance to make your own, important decision.

Rayman Origins needs to get its ass on PS+ soon.

Should've been a good Vita owner and supported it for the measly $3.75 they wanted during the last sale if you're in such a hurry. :p

I've been waiting for weeks for this to happen you know ;)

P.S.: I also hate Sine Mora.

Send me a message with a time you think is good or whatever and we can figure it out... :p
I get sidetracked easily and usually someone has to remind me to play whatever the game was... like now I've been trying to finish up the Momohime story in Muramasa and also focused on Spelunky and Killzone... poor Dragon's Crown... but I'm waiting for the patch anyway, sorta.

Should've been a good Vita owner and supported it for the measly $3.75 they wanted during the last sale if you're in such a hurry. :p
*$6.75

Still a measly amount though since the game is tons of fun :D

It's not like they didn't support that original fanbase. They released a tonne of free DLC.
The free DLC was a really generous move on their part, that's for sure. Still, i only wanted to say what if i wanted to enjoy the new updates, i would have no choice but to purchase the full game. So here's hoping that they clear this confusion now or at least put enough content to justify this purchase.

Ok, here is what I require from a game on the Vita:

No AA.. better be 60fps - Kickbeat, DoA5+ as an example
AA, fine with 30fps (as long as it's not a fighting game or something else that needs 60fps) - KZ:M as an example

edit: oh and native res is not an option..

also, I suck at Kickbeat.. and I'm playing it (the demo) on the easiest difficulty. Very smooth, though, and the lack of AA doesn't bother me at ALL for some reason. I thought it was using 2x until I actually looked closely.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
For anyone looking for a damn good picross game, Picbox on PSMobile got a big update and it's 99¢ now:

Patch Notes

- Reduced price to unlock full version to $0.99!
- Added 'Puzzle Pack 1', 28 new 15x15 puzzles (Free with full version).
- Added two new awards to unlock.
- Added an option to the pause screen that allows you to switch the ‘Highlight’ and ‘Remove’ buttons.
- Puzzles now auto complete if all correct blocks are highlighted.
- When using physical controls, the current row and column are highlighted.
- When using the D-Pad, the cursor now wraps at the screen edge (provided a button isn’t held down).
- Redesigned title menus.
- Minor bug fixes.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hotline Miami?

That game is boss - and 9.99$ (sub $10) lol

Thats a good suggestion actually. I own the PC version but couldnt play it due to motion sickness, maybe I'll give the Vita one another go.

Welcome back, friend-o.
We've missed you. I've missed you.

D'aww. I missed you guys too, AND I missed my Vita, so it was about time to finally start it back up. Maybe I can finally devote to some games and finish them to finally throw them off my memcard :p

Thats a good suggestion actually. I own the PC version but couldnt play it due to motion sickness, maybe I'll give the Vita one another go.

D'aww. I missed you guys too, AND I missed my Vita, so it was about time to finally start it back up. Maybe I can finally devote to some games and finish them to finally throw them off my memcard :p

Vita version of Hotline Miami is fantastic.
Get it and play it with headphones!

also, I suck at Kickbeat.. and I'm playing it (the demo) on the easiest difficulty. Very smooth, though, and the lack of AA doesn't bother me at ALL for some reason. I thought it was using 2x until I actually looked closely.

The demo song's pretty tough. It's actually the final song in Story Mode. Also, it takes most people a few fails to get the hang of things.

Also didnt buy Velocity Ultra yet, added significant modes/features to the PSM version?

I'm still recommending people in NA wait for the PS+ inclusion...

Here's the best I could find on the differences:

The key differences between the PlayStation Minis version and the rather shiny PS Vita only version are that while Velocity had a retro vibe going on, Velocity Ultra is vibrantly detailed with clean, good-looking sprites being displayed at the PS Vita’s native resolution, together with a rather striking art style for the still-image cut-scenes. While Joris de Man’s co-produced score is left unchanged, this is far from a negative point as the techno-inspired music still fits the game quite nicely. What is most apparent however is just how polished it feels as a result of all these tweaks.

Other big additions to the gameplay come in the form of convenient control additions. Veterans might be used to teleporting using the buttons, but the touch screen is a practical alternative that is useful throughout the entire game. Having the ability to fling bombs by just pushing the right stick where you want it to go feels a lot more natural compared holding down the circle button, pushing the direction you want the bomb to go, and then releasing the circle button. By fully utilising the PS Vita in a clever way, you can play in a way that feels natural, whether that is using the traditional controls, the Vita exclusives ones, or even a mix between the two.

I'm not sure how buggy the PSMini version was, but I had some MAJOR bullshit going on with my Velocity Ultra quest for platinum.

I think the demo version has a bunch of the normal levels and stuff... just not trophy eligible unless you do full game unlock.

--

Time for another Frost screenshot dump:

2013-09-09-0021495rlb5.jpg

2013-09-11-024707h5l6q.jpg

2013-09-11-024814mxabu.jpg

wilflare

the Vita keeps blowing my gaming budget

on my To-Get list (all Digital otherwise stated)
- Meruru Plus
- Totori Plus
- Muramasa
- KZ:M
- tad 64GB
- VitaTV
- Ys Celceta CE (selling the game but keeping the goodies)
- Ys Celceta
- EDF

not counting all the PSN goodies that will come out too

I went to GameStop and they didn't have Killzone Mercenary.
I then went to EB Games and they didn't have Killzone Mercenary.

I'm going to go sob in the corner.

Amagon

Question, just recieved a Vita today and the previous owner still has his account tied to it. Is there anyway to factory reset the Vita so it can unlink the user's account or do I need to get his username & password to factory reset it via menu?

bnx

Question, just recieved a Vita today and the previous owner still has his account tied to it. Is there anyway to factory reset the Vita so it can unlink the user's account or do I need to get his username & password to factory reset it via menu?

Hit Settings, scroll to format, and restore the Vita system.

Tschis

You should be able to reset and unlink the user account without username & password.
Just go to Settings > Format > Restore the PS Vita System

Make sure to format the card and unlink the account when prompted.

Amagon

Hit Settings, scroll to format, and restore the Vita system.

You should be able to reset and unlink the user account without username & password.
Just go to Settings > Format > Restore the PS Vita System

Make sure to format the card and unlink the account when prompted.

Well, that the thing. His account is tied to the system and won't let me progress further without his user id & password. I just want to know if there is a work around. Appreciate the help.

Tried some JP demos:
  • Toukiden - Looks really fantastic, feels great, and dammit I love the Onimusha-like setting. This may be the MH clone I've been looking for. I expect this will gain a real following, good stuff.
  • God Eater 2 - Plays nice and has a really cool aesthetic. I've never played the first, but I may grab this eventually. Some textures do look very PS2 though.
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta - Looks, sounds, and feels like Ys. They seem to have the bloom turned up to 11, I hope that gets fixed. I'm obviously getting the LE for that series OST.

Hey, anyone who's put time in with Muramasa...

Is there a new game+? Anything where I can start again but keep my blades and level? Do I have to use the original save file to do everything trophy related there that isn't Fury mode?

Tried some JP demos:
  • Toukiden - Looks really fantastic, feels great, and dammit I love the Onimusha-like setting. This may be the MH clone I've been looking for. I expect this will gain a real following, good stuff.
  • God Eater 2 - Plays nice and has a really cool aesthetic. I've never played the first, but I may grab this eventually. Some textures do look very PS2 though.
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta - Looks, sounds, and feels like Ys. They seem to have the bloom turned up to 11, I hope that gets fixed. I'm obviously getting the LE for that series OST.

Finally.

namDa65

Why is Vita not mainstream!

Kilzone mercs is pretty sweet although I'm not a fan of the aiming.

More games please come to this amazing device

Tried some JP demos:

I'm soooo eagerly awaiting these 2...

Why is Vita not mainstream!

Kilzone mercs is pretty sweet although I'm not a fan of the aiming.

More games please come to this amazing device

I doubt I'd have time to play KZ: Mercenary...but I'll sure as hell buy a copy to support it.

VanWinkle

Killzone Mercenary is pretty great, although it's harder than I thought it would be. Will probably move over to multiplayer for awhile.

Just beat KZ:M
Maaaaan I wish it was longer. SO GOOD.
How is the multiplayer? I played the beta map and I'm wondering how the rest of it is.

bnx

I can cancel it but it would take me back to the beginning of the process again in which, the prompt sign in would appear again.

Try Settings>Playstation Network. Not sure if it'll ask for their id/pass before you see any options but if it doesn't, then you can just sign that person out and sign in with your details.

What was your team's philosophy on selecting that song for the demo to be a first impression?

We were pretty limited, because the licensing agreements for almost all of the songs didn't cover distribution in a demo (the costs to do so were well beyond the realm of possibility). Only the 2 Voicians tracks and the Shen Yi song were available. I thought we had put "Fighters" in, and it was a surprise to find out otherwise.

Top Bottom