• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | September 2013 | Token Indie Thread

AmanoBuff

I highly doubt it.

and series being on PlayStation only for years mean absolutely nothing, see Monster Hunter.

SCEJ are kinda of stupid, both Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Demon's Souls were having so much potential to be bigger ips but they abandoned them. (ok, in Demon's Souls case it was SCEA/SCEE fault) they need to revive other ips just like Over my Dead Body remake, why not make remakes of Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Arc the Lad or even Omega Boost they have so many good stuff that just there.

yeah it was posted months ago, it's just a mistake and mean nothing.

and Konami need to hire Hexadrive to fix NLKS framerate (and give us Zoe1/2)

Please Sony, please?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I went back in time redownloading knytt underground(after all that talking about it days ago...) and zhp.
I'm seriously considering to replay the third chapter of knytt underground, or at least taking all the remaining trophies and those 3 missions that i can't still find(or maybe i missed and now are no more available).
I left zhp because i wasn't able to do a level with boss, then yesterday i did it at the first attempt lol.

Yesterday i tried kickbeat.. It's not for me lol, i suck at it, but it has a good graphics and many enemies on the screen, i would like to see an action/rpg/whatever with those graphics and style.

RalchAC

SCEJ are kinda of stupid, both Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Demon's Souls were having so much potential to be bigger ips but they abandoned them. (ok, in Demon's Souls case it was SCEA/SCEE fault) they need to revive other ips just like Over my Dead Body remake, why not make remakes of Legend of Dragoon, Alundra, Arc the Lad or even Omega Boost they have so many good stuff that just there.

There are some insiders saying that Sony is making with some people from From Software a game like Demon's/Dark Souls and that they will tease it at TGS. We need to wait.

I love Dark Cloud, everytime you speak about that game I feel the urge of plugging my PS2 and play it. I didn't play Legend of Dragoon. But that Oreshika game had a remaster because there was lots of people buying it in PSN (someone explain it before).

If both games were in the Top 3/5/10 every month, they will probably feel like doing a remaster / remake / sequel. But they are not there, so sad face :(

mauaus

the only 2 trophies i have left for the platinum in Rayman Legends are disgustingly grind heavy... Reach the final level of awesomeness will take MONTHS and collect a million lums a few days...uuuggghhh

Mokubba

I did a really quick shoop a couple of days ago to show what I would've preferred for the limited FFX/X-2 Vita:
XSrk6We.png

Am I cool now too?

THIS

This is how it should have been done. I don't know how it was so hard for them to think od doing it like this instead of that cheap thing they had going on.

The devs already said there was no Vita version because it couldn't handle the free slicing mechanic.

I thought that Legend of Dragoon and (at least the original) Dark Cloud were TERRIBLE. I'm glad they've been forgotten and buried away somewhere.
Demon's Souls was a stupid move, for sure... Demon's Souls was amazing. Dark Souls was amazing. Dark Souls II will be amazing... but in a sense, I'm glad they fucked up there because the technical problems with both souls games are gone if you have a decent PC and if it was still a Sony exclusive franchise, there'd be no way I could have it on PC and play it as intended. :)

the only 2 trophies i have left for the platinum in Rayman Legends are disgustingly grind heavy... Reach the final level of awesomeness will take MONTHS and collect a million lums a few days...uuuggghhh

That sounds evil.
I'm currently on my second Kisuke run in Muramasa because the first one was about 3.5 hours instead of under 3. Dammit.
It will be awhile before I take on Fury Mode, that's for sure.

Just bought 2 £25 codes for just over £40 and bought a year of ps plus (plus the free 90 days) so I'm sorted now until 13/07/15. Woo.

Oh and I have £10 left over for when something tickles my fancy.

Letep

I'd say skip GTAV and get both -- but if you have to wait, wait on DC because there's a new patch coming and you might as well play it *after* the patch hits.

DC is getting a patch? Details?

Also, not that I need much more convincing (especially after playing the demo), but Rayman Legends on Vita is the right choice, right?

mauaus

I thought that Legend of Dragoon and (at least the original) Dark Cloud were TERRIBLE. I'm glad they've been forgotten and buried away somewhere.
Demon's Souls was a stupid move, for sure... Demon's Souls was amazing. Dark Souls was amazing. Dark Souls II will be amazing... but in a sense, I'm glad they fucked up there because the technical problems with both souls games are gone if you have a decent PC and if it was still a Sony exclusive franchise, there'd be no way I could have it on PC and play it as intended. :)

That sounds evil.
I'm currently on my second Kisuke run in Muramasa because the first one was about 3.5 hours instead of under 3. Dammit.
It will be awhile before I take on Fury Mode, that's for sure.

Yep i will drop this game for now (before i start to hate it) and wait for the DLC to come in hopefully with additional opportunities to nab Awesomeness points.

Bought the Sega Genesis Collection last night. Pretty cool having Sonic on my Vita and of course dat d-pad.

You have to transfer it from a PS3 but it does work on Vita nicely.

Moobabe

Evening GENTS - what's on the agenda this evening? I'm currently downloading the FIFA 14 demo and I'm going to play Burnout Paradise because its 3 quid on Steam.

Also, not that I need much more convincing (especially after playing the demo), but Rayman Legends on Vita is the right choice, right?

Rayman Legends is fabulous on Vita. Dragons Crown is fabulous on Vita. You can do no wrong, with either. The artwork for both games is superb and striking. The gameplay with regard to both, quite different from each other and both are worthy of being owned.

Buy Killzone Mercenary, too.

I don't know why Atlus would patch JP and not NA, but here's the details on the patch that JP already got:

Atlus just announced that a new patch is available starting today for the Japanese version of Dragon’s Crown on both PS3 and PS Vita. Since the first patch was translated rather quickly, we can probably expect it to come to the North American version soon as well.
Here are the relevant changes:
Improved operation stability under certain circumstances.
It’s now possible to toggle the option to join the Labyrinth of Chaos in the online gameplay menu.
A triangular cursor at the bottom of the screen will improve visibility of one’s character.
Raised the upper limit of the MP of the Wizard. The power of his magic has also been improved.
Scenario progression is now shared between multiple characters in the offline multiplayer mode on PS3.
If there’s a connection error during online gameplay the same stage will restart without returning to town.
The Amazon’s parry chance during berserker state has been raised.
The Neck Splitter move of the Amazon can now be canceled.
The effects of the skills of each class have been tweaked.
Other minor changes were made to improve the system across the board, user friendliness and comfort of play.
The patch notes also mention that a third update is being prepared and further information will be shared at a later date.

And I'm sure Rayman Legends is good, though someone made a comment about how the Vita version is somehow different in the normal levels as well? That's concerning...

I won't be touching it until the patch for the invasion levels is live... then I'll be looking at a purchase.

So yeah, the point here is that it's a good choice, but it depends on what the other options are. For the most part you can't go wrong.

---

Is there a good resource for Vita Wallpapers outside of the GAF thread? I want more Dragon's Crown/Muramasa artwork, but a lot of the content that *IS* in that thread is broken...

Novocaine

And I'm sure Rayman Legends is good, though someone made a comment about how the Vita version is somehow different in the normal levels as well? That's concerning...

I won't be touching it until the patch for the invasion levels is live... then I'll be looking at a purchase.

I found one of the levels to be different in that it had a few small areas on the map differ from ones on a video from a PS3 version I watched. Stuff hasn't been removed in the sense that there's less in the Vita version, just chopped and changed a bit. The overall level was essentially the same, and I don't know how many other levels this affects.

Waiting for the invasion levels myself now. I got 615/615 teensies or w/e they're called, and now just need a diamond race in a challenge and another half a million lums for the plat trophy.

Takao

Banned
Ok. It's must be one of those series that have a very vocal (but not so big) western fanbase.

Is that first week or lifetime?

Those are the lifetime sales of the game in Japan. It's a popular franchise there, but the popularity stems from other mediums (specifically, the anime).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
These better not be bullshots; they look amazing.

they are direct Vita screenshots.

Toukiden is native res and look so damn great even with Vita horrible jpg screenshots.

Dark Cloud is garbage, but Dark Cloud 2 is a damn great game, one of PS2 best.

Demon's Souls was very good, but Dark Souls while it's decent in it's core mechanics it just a very flawed game full of problems and unbalanced shit to its ugly buttocks. (it's not a shitty game. but it's a huge downgrade from Demon's Souls in many fronts and not as well made)

mauaus

These better not be bullshots; they look amazing.

--

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get KZ:M, but should I get it on card or digital? I have a 32 gig card and have 8 gigs free (know it's 5 or so GB; I just want y'all's opinion).

i got it digitally, no regrets!!! Awesome game really fun single player

test_account

XP-39C²
Today i completed (so far) my european Vita retail games collection :) I got Rayman Legends today. I think these are all games that came out in Europe, but please tell me if any games are missing. All these games are still sealed except Killzone, but i have extra copies of those games that i want to play.

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

Bigger picture here: http://i3.minus.com/iEzKsQZqtrt8q.jpg

mauaus

Today i completed (so far) my european Vita retail games collection :) I got Rayman Legends today. I think these are all games that came out in Europe, but please tell me if any games are missing. All these games are still sealed except Killzone, but i have extra copies of those games that i want to play.

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

Alright, there is no one on VitaGaf kingdom more dedicated and invested in the console. I name you VitaKing.

test_account

XP-39C²
That's totally amazing. Well done you :D
Alright, there is no one on VitaGaf kingdom more dedicated and invested in the console. I name you VitaKing.
Thanks :) Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge is unfortunately sealed with a GAME (the store chain) sticker only, but i hope to find a factory sealed game sooner or later. I also suspect that a 2-4 games are resealed by the supplier (new games, but the plastic doesnt have the tearstrip). I hope to find sealed copies of these that still has the tearstrip.

Mr.Ock

If you don't have sticky bombs, the shotgun, or an ice ray, you're pretty much reduced to dropping bombs, picking them up, and getting good at throwing them. I've killed anubis this way a half-dozen times, but it takes practice.

2 sticky bombs will kill him. The trick is to pull him in a fashion where hes either in a straight line parallel to you, or below you at a 45 degree angle for a bomb throw. If you're starting right from the temple, taking him out with only 4 bombs might be a problem unless you get the timing correct for a bomb throw.

i did learn how, with the chalice and a mummy, you can farm infinite health last night :p

if you have a weapon anubis is pretty easy, provided you can pull him to an area you can hit him. if you make it to the city of gold, anubis is a joke.

mummies are easier to deal with, provided you have a weapon, spike shoes, or a bomb. you do have to get some distance on them before they'll turn around and give you some space.

The crush traps are really the scariest thing in the temple.

I'd say to anybody, stop using shortcuts unless you want to unlock meat boy and van helsing.

Yes! Thanks for the advice man! Beat the temple and the final boss for the first time! Now on to getting into the City of Gold and Hell...one step at a time

I LOVE this game

Mikaju

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

I’m thinking about collecting full set too now that the Vita game prices are low. I have about half now. Are the any other special editions in EU besides those too? Also I can’t seem to find Jonah Lomu Rugby cheap enough anywhere.

Yes! Thanks for the advice man! Beat the temple and the final boss for the first time! Now on to getting into the City of Gold and Hell...one step at a time

I LOVE this game

Wow. Impressive. I've made it to the boss of world 4 twice and died both times. :(

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

Wow that's an impressive collection, congrats.

VitaGaf, what's the concensus on Killzone. Is it worth it?

VanWinkle

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

That's beautiful, my friend. I only have 1/3rd the amount you do (about 20). I just can't help but buy some of the retail games digitally whenever there's such an amazing deal. I still don't have as many retail games as you, even counting digital. I probably have 35 retail games total, and then 40-50 PSN titles.

Edit: My cute lil colllection:

(Yes, I have two copies of Resistance. When I bought my second Vita for $100, it came with Resistance, CoD, and Dungeon Hunter. I already had Resistance.)

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

thats a really nice collection.

good on you.

all hail vita king.

what size memory do you have?

you gotta start importing ;)

Ran rp

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14kv27_new-playstation-vita-model_videogames

Not sure if it has been posted but here is an up close and personal video of the new PS Vita model. I don't think the new LCD screen looks bad. I think people are just making it seem worse than it really is.

The back looks like it's matte.

scenew31.jpg

scenew30.jpg

This is a big deal to me as I really dislike the slippery glossy back of the Vita. Thinner, lighter, longer battery, with a better grip. Sounds like I'll get one.

The new model and screen are looking pretty good in these posts. Still don't like the frame around the screen.

ZeroAKA

Impressive
, especially since you managed to acquire a copy of Legends of War without mysteriously disappearing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
PSY・S;81498741 said:
The new model and screen are looking pretty good in these posts. Still don't like the frame around the screen.

Nice to see fisher-price is making handhelds for Sony, Kaz need to hire Mattel for Vita 3000.

the red one is ugly as sin, and what the hell is going on with the touchpad why it's two seperated pieces?

Takao

Banned
Vita couldn't even sell 100k in a price cut month. smh

I can only cringe at what it's real total is when creamsugar posts it.

Killzone, Tearaway and PS4 might help, but I think PSV will just be an ultra slow burner for Sony. They seem to be doing lots to try and increase awareness of the system, hopefully it will grow further over time.

Iacobellis

ibuVYXY5a8otd3.jpg

I love my Vita, bur cringe knowing only 64 games have come out in Europe for it. Don't know the number for the US, but that's still shockingly small.

VanWinkle

Are you really surprised? It dropped in price at the last third of the month, and it wasn't even in conjunction with any games. I'm not remotely surprised.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Are you really surprised? It dropped in price at the last third of the month, and it wasn't even in conjunction with any games. I'm not remotely surprised.

you know our Takao, he have crazy unrealistic expectations about Vita even we he clearly know that there is still lack of appealing software and the price cut wont really help.

Top Bottom