• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC conducting open product Beta for PS4/XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this legit..?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to sign up for the site, but I've never heard of them. Are they any issues with them outside of the missing payments? Normally, not getting paid on time is huge, but there's no payments for this one, so I guess it shouldn't be an issue?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Don't understand the need to break NDA'S... is it to rub it in other people's faces? To make yourself seem more important?

Just enjoy being part of something in development and shut your trap! Lol
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to sign up for the site, but I've never heard of them. Are they any issues with them outside of the missing payments? Normally, not getting paid on time is huge, but there's no payments for this one, so I guess it shouldn't be an issue?
IIRC they outlined pay deposit protocols, and it is a bit of a bummer that they come after the test period for the game is finished, which could take months.

Eusis

Don't understand the need to break NDA'S... is it to rub it in other people's faces? To make yourself seem more important?
Because some people are just idiots. At least for something like this, there may be a real case if you've seen some stupid shit and want to whistleblow or something akin to that, but some people just seem to go "yo man I'm playing Zelda Wii U and it's pretty fucking AWESOME!" without really thinking about the ramifications of just openly saying that.

Caayn

Also as a head-up, VMC takes their NDA seriously. Read it, don't post anything about the projects you're working on, also don't give hints about it.
That five minutes of Internet fame is way too attractive for some folks.

Also as a head-up, VMC takes their NDA seriously. Read it, don't post anything about the projects you're working on, also don't give hints about it.

I don't care about breach of NDAs unless it's from CBOAT.

Red

What's the rule for someone who has not signed an NDA and is not involved with the test but who knows what it is?

Caayn

I signed the NDA, but I don't want to do it now. Do I just email them?
E-mail them: VMCMontrealCoordinators@vmc.com
What's the rule for someone who has not signed an NDA and is not involved with the test but who knows what it is?
You'll be screwing over the person who gave you that information.

For example if I'm working on a project and a buddy walks in. I'll still be responsible for the information that (s)he leaks, if (s)he does that.

SegaShack

Late payments and even though you will be on your console and skype at the start of the test, prepare for the confusion of half and hour of no one knowing what to do. Then your mod will finally join your group chat and say how he doesn't know either. This happened to me no less than 10 times and each test was a cluster fuck of the mod trying to figure out each thing we were supposed to do.

bryanee

Late payments and even though you will be on your console and skype at the start of the test, prepare for the confusion of half and hour of no one knowing what to do. Then your mod will finally join your group chat and say how he doesn't know either. This happened to me no less than 10 times and each test was a cluster fuck of the mod trying to figure out each thing we were supposed to do.

That's not my experience with it. The four times I've taken part the mod always set up the chat group and was in from the start and gave good clear instructions.

JMizzlin

VMC works with Ubisoft so I'm sure it's The Crew.
The nature of the game is to jump in and play when your friends are on which is what they're kind of suggesting in the description.

Shame, though, as the beta was originally through Ubi. I definitely got excited when I first got the email though.

Oh good, are people complaining about the fact that they don't actually pay out? Because I was about to

I need to send them an email

Kariodude

Banned
If you're wondering if this group is legit, I've done 3 tests with them in the last few months. Two on PC and one on PS4. All legit, I got paid for all of them, it was great.

Yep, that was my one experience.

m23

VMC is legit.

Also, some people are assholes who got the rest of us temp banned from tests because they leaked stuff. Screw you.

Hope it's something good though.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
VMC is legit.

Also, some people are assholes who got the rest of us temp banned from tests because they leaked stuff. Screw you.

Hope it's something good though.

They just one one or two people to leak things so they ban us all.

5. PayPal Email Address
This is in order to get paid for @Home Testing work - if you use the same as your contact adress, please enter it once more; if a different address is linked to your PayPal account, please ensure to enter the correct one

But they spelled address wrong!

Also If I have a housemate who sees me plays a closed beta which I am under NDA for. What's to stop him from posting on gaf about it?

Konosuke

5. PayPal Email Address
This is in order to get paid for @Home Testing work - if you use the same as your contact adress, please enter it once more; if a different address is linked to your PayPal account, please ensure to enter the correct one

But they spelled address wrong!

Also If I have a housemate who sees me plays a closed beta which I am under NDA for. What's to stop him from posting on gaf about it?

You have to stop him. You are responsible for those around you. It's written in the NDA.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You are. You're completely responsible for stopping your roommate from leaks.

are the sessions on Skype really just text conversations, absolutely no talking or camera? That honestly sounds too good to be true.

Rembrandt

Banned
I think they're a pretty good company besides for the difficulty I had getting paid. I don't mind the 45 days after finished testing, it was the month wait on top it with only getting one email back and them never giving a real reason for the delay except "issues." other than that, it's been fun. My Skype mod has been good with directions and he's in the chat before me.

I think some people here were saying they still haven't responded to their applications when they first posted on here. Idk if they've gotten quicker about it, though.

are the sessions on Skype really just text conversations, absolutely no talking or camera? That honestly sounds too good to be true.

Yeah, just text. It's usually just directions, quick questions/answers and stuff.

I've done pretty much every test they have had since april, and only have been paid for one project, That being said you get paid 45 days after the project is complete, Not after the actual test is done.

SegaShack

That's not my experience with it. The four times I've taken part the mod always set up the chat group and was in from the start and gave good clear instructions.

I think I have just been under a bad mod/group from the start.

Yep, but with about 50 or so people each, and in my case all of them confused due to a bad mod.

This company is very legit. The testing that was done last week had your gamertag watermarked on the whole screen to ensure that if you leaked, they could pinpoint and remove you from future testing.

Hope it's a different game than what was tested last week tbh.

Rembrandt

Banned
This company is very legit. The testing that was done last week had your gamertag watermarked on the whole screen to ensure that if you leaked, they could pinpoint and remove you from future testing.

Should have been there from the beginning. Good idea nonetheless.

Caayn

My plasma isn't going to like that. Ah well if it keeps the leakers at bay I'm happy with it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just so you know, keeping people who see you play the beta or who know what you're playing are also bound to NDA, this is not a "well it's probably like that", they literally have that written with the biggest font possible in the email they send you. So you should probably take that in account.

Auctopus

Nothing for me either. I wouldn't sweat it guys, VMC don't have an amazing track record with dealing with mass operations. I.e. how long it took some people to get paid.

Just give 'em time :)

Syriel

Just got this email from VMC, if any of you are interested.

VMC said:
Hi everyone,

We’re doing something completely new for the GBTN program starting next week, on both Xbox One and PlayStation®4, for which we’ll lift many temporary bans and invite many new testers aboard.

The next project will be available to play throughout the week next week, without a schedule, instructions or obligations – it’s basically the same deal as an open beta, but exclusive to our community and bound by the NDA. There are no compensations offered for this project as it’ll be a “play when you want” deal. Just log in and have fun!

Vouchers will be distributed Monday and the Beta will open from Tuesday to Saturday. Those who haven’t signed an NDA or Addendum yet will be sent one today, please sign and return it as soon as possible in order to receive your code!

We hope you enjoy this new opportunity; you’re welcome to send us feedback concerning your experience during or after the beta week.

You have to wonder how much VMC is charging for this "service," especially since they're not paying anyone.

Canadian law must be a bit more relaxed than US law when it comes to paying for work, as I don't think that would fly south of the border. Especially not if VMC is getting paid by Ubi for the testing.

tl;dr It sounds shady for them to charge for your services, but not pay you.

MayMay

Banned
You have to wonder how much VMC is charging for this "service," especially since they're not paying anyone.

Canadian law must be a bit more relaxed than US law when it comes to paying for work, as I don't think that would fly south of the border. Especially not if VMC is getting paid by Ubi for the testing.

tl;dr It sounds shady for them to charge for your services, but not pay you.

They pay you on an hourly basis for other projects - just not this one seeing as you could just play all day. So it's a voluntary thing.

Anyways, another one of those VMC threads? Biggest invitation for ppl to break their NDA - which in turn means a big chance for the whole thing to just.. stop at some point.

If he hasn't signed an NDA, legally there's nothing to stop him from doing whatever he wants with the information. It's the person-who-signed-the-NDA's responsibility to make sure no unauthorized people are privy to confidential material.

They pay you on an hourly basis for other projects - just not this one seeing as you could just play all day. So it's a voluntary thing.

Anyways, another one of those VMC threads? Biggest invitation for ppl to break their NDA - which in turn means a big chance for the whole thing to just.. stop at some point.

Though i agree with you, i am glad this thread exists because i hadn't checked my emails for awhile and i would have missed this test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom