• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC conducting open product Beta for PS4/XB1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last email I sent to them was in May asking for them to please send me an NDA because the guy in the GAF thread about it told me to.

No reply since then.

So they've gone from not paying people for months on end to just not paying people at all. What a company.
Lol?

I've gotten paid every time from them. They specifically state the time period you get paid in also...if you are expecting payment right away that is your own fault. They routinely say you get paid a few weeks after project completion, not after each test.

:shrug:

Didn't the previous VMC threads get locked?

capturedecran2014-09-hcf1l.png

Just checked my e-mail after seeing this thread and seen it. And I agree with other posters in this thread. Don't break NDA if you're explicitly not allowed to talk about or show anything of the game. It hurts everyone else that is legitimately testing the game.

hohoXD123

the other one was basically an OT for vmc

this one is just to inform people that a new test is on the way. i wouldnt have refreshed my email if it werent for this thread

The other one was started at first to inform people of the opportunity, many people wouldn't have signed up if it wasn't for that thread, me included, but it was still locked.

SegaShack

They took like 2 and a half months after a project completed to pay me, despite the contract saying "within 45 days of completion".

Their recent test I wasn't interested in but they signed me up anyways, I sent them an email saying so. Never got a response so just didn't "attend" the test. Then the next day they said the remainder or the project was on hold because someone broke the NDA.

bidguy

Banned
The other one was started at first to inform people of the opportunity, many people wouldn't have signed up if it wasn't for that thread, me included, but it was still locked.

uhh so youre saying they should preemptively lock this because it might get derailed ?

Lol?

I've gotten paid every time from them. They specifically state the time period you get paid in also...if you are expecting payment right away that is your own fault. They routinely say you get paid a few weeks after project completion, not after each test.

I am not part of this program. I have heard from people who are though that it took them until August to be paid for a project from March and that emails about it were ignored.

hohoXD123

So do we not find out what the game is until Monday when we get the codes?

uhh so youre saying they should preemptively lock this because it might get derailed ?

uhh I'm saying there aren't many differences between the threads like you're making out. It didn't get locked for getting derailed, read the post again.

Maybesew

FYI, it's entirely possible to sign up, get sent an NDA from this company, and then never hear from them again. Don't expect to get access to whatever it is next week even if they are opening it up wider than usual. Supply outstrips demand on these things.

SegaShack

Lol?

Their contract says payment within 45 days of project completion. They took 75 days to pay me after project completion.

I applied with them so damn long ago and never heard anything back. Checked today and got this, this is the first thing I have ever gotten from them.

SJRB

Gold Member
Nothing but good experience with VMC. The previous beta test I did was an incredible chance to play a game way early, and I'm highly anticipating the upcoming two betas.

I wonder what this is.

Reedirect

Well, it seems that I'm actually one of the few people here who never had problems with them. Tested a few games and got paid accordingly.

whiteape

Never got anything from them after the welcome email. They were talking about stuff i have to sign some months ago, but never send me the details or anything else.

Konosuke

People are failing to realize that this is a stealth test. After the last leak GBTN lost some faith and this one is clearly to regain the lost trust. I wonder how many people will break the NDA's because this test is free. Don't do it. DON'T! It's not worth it.

J.W.Crazy

I did PC testing for them in April and May and have yet to receive payment. They sent me an attendance record email twice a few months apart and said they were processing the payment soon but still nothing. The last email came in August saying I had until September 1st to correct any mistakes with my attendance record so I figured I should expect payment this month. I guess it's time to try emailing them to see whats going on but I've heard other people say they don't respond.

There's no compensation with this test so it's not a big deal but my overall experience with them has been that they're fairly unorganized and unprofessional. Testing was a two hour train wreck of poor communication both times.

SegaShack

I did PC testing for them in April and May and have yet to receive payment. They sent me an attendance record email twice a few months apart and said they were processing the payment soon but still nothing. The last email came in August saying I had until September 1st to correct any mistakes with my attendance record so I figured I should expect payment this month. I guess it's time to try emailing them to see whats going on but I've heard other people say they don't respond.

There's no compensation with this test so it's not a big deal but my overall experience with them has been that they're fairly unorganized and unprofessional. Testing was a two hour train wreck of poor communication both times.

Their communication in testing is a nightmare and to be honest it would stress me out. Sometimes the skype moderator wouldn't add people to the group on time, then they wouldn't know what we were supposed to do in the game, etc. Just a big headache. That's why I don't want to test with this company again.

Teletraan1

Banned
Well, it seems that I'm actually one of the few people here who never had problems with them. Tested a few games and got paid accordingly.

I have had no problems with them either. I was payed every time. The whole process was a little convoluted and bordered on complicated so there is that. I would bet that the people who have had problems were in the minority but they yell the loudest so it invites some of the comments we have already had in this thread.

Rembrandt

Banned

It's going to take a minute, sadly. I was hoping they fixed it after everybody complained not too long ago. I finally got paid, but it definitely wasn't 45 days after the end of the project.

Con_Smith

Banned
I got the announcement e-mail but no nda sig e-mail. Do I need to go to the apply link in the OP or just wait it out since no such link was in my e-mail?

Hedrush

I think it will be assassins creed. The last PS4 beta they had was for watchdogs, another ubisoft game.

Plus they are based in Montreal Canada

I think it will be assassins creed. The last PS4 beta they had was for watchdogs, another ubisoft game.

Plus they are based in Montreal Canada

it was pretty much leaked everywhere that an AC Unity test has already happened, not sure if it was from this same company though. There was loads of footage and stuff put out

I would guess The Division maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom