• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Labolas

It is different because these people are entertaining by themselves. There's no way I can believe that anyone finds these Vtubers funny. I mean one of the running gags I've seen is a character having small breasts but acting as if she was busty only for someone else to reminds her she's flat. Cue autistic screeching. That's the joke. These women were nobodies when they streamed without the anime avatars and honestly that's not surprising, no one would give a fuck without the illusion that it's "just like my japanese animay" come to life.

This whole thing is creepy, just a further step in the derealization of human relationships. I'm pretty sure at some point once tech has progressed enough they'll get rid of the mediocre actresses entirely and millions of people will sub and "interact" with an entirely artificial construct programmed to make cute frightened noises when playing shitty horror games. But whatever enjoy yourselves, wouldn't want to shit on your parade.

iu

I do and I'm pretty sure others find them hilarious as well. Lol, I'm sure that someone would find Tyler1 and Dr. Disrespect cringey and call them nobodies as well. And boy you sure are quick to cast a whole fanbase aside on the fact that these girls/guys play up characters. It sounds like you're just projecting.

Korone point of view from the collab I liked above with Calli

Chat went nuts lol.
2:33:15 For those that didn't find it.

yeah it is pretty much a given that everyone who like Gura knows about her past activities. It was nice that she did that. I've posted PADORU PADORU anytime she raised the XMAS issue on stream myself.

Hey Moona!

pff

It is different because these people are entertaining by themselves. There's no way I can believe that anyone finds these Vtubers funny. I mean one of the running gags I've seen is a character having small breasts but acting as if she was busty only for someone else to reminds her she's flat. Cue autistic screeching. That's the joke. These women were nobodies when they streamed without the anime avatars and honestly that's not surprising, no one would give a fuck without the illusion that it's "just like my japanese animay" come to life.

This whole thing is creepy, just a further step in the derealization of human relationships. I'm pretty sure at some point once tech has progressed enough they'll get rid of the mediocre actresses entirely and millions of people will sub and "interact" with an entirely artificial construct programmed to make cute frightened noises when playing shitty horror games. But whatever enjoy yourselves, wouldn't want to shit on your parade.

Even the biggiest Otaku, NEET, or Weeb, knows what kind of dark hole they dug for themselves. vtubers are just another place they can go to be whatever they are, it does not mean this is what created them. I am not saying that some people do not lose themselves in their form of entertainment. Idols have scary stalkers for a reason. Some people have serious issues and end up in communities like this one.

But your reaction to this topic is an issue too. It is an over the top hot take of something that is just cool tech. The same way a really old person might feel like the Smartphone ruined society yada yada yada. It has been said before about many new things. vtubers are not really a mainstream thing yet, it might never go that far.

Why can't you wait for the A.I. vtuber? The one that does not have a real human controlling it? When that time comes I would welcome you with the End is Near sign.

When A.i. anime girls take over the world come back and tell us, 'I TOLD YOU SO'

Has Coco ever taken a song seriously?

Ame can go 4 songs just like this but she always seems to have one song where she tries to sing it normally.
I've been looking for a Coco song where she does not just shit on it.

Amelia still has a chance no matter how bad she is she has a good chance to create music

some one did put this together

I wonder if anyone could put out a banger with Coco

In other related news Gawr Gura will also release original music. I do feel both Ame and Ina has a chance even when they don't do as well as the others.

Why is she still posting? Could it be another contract?

-------

edit: Haachama with another epic troll
"I'm try to get up! and sleep in the stream."

4,000 people waiting for her to start the sleep stream she has not woken up yet 26 minute late

she shows up in chat 35 minutes late

Last edited:
Why is she still posting? Could it be another contract?

First of all, why even link her twitter account in a thread about vtubers? Are we going to say "this is this vtuber and this is this vtuber"? Couldn't it have been resolved by asking if the contract is very restrictive? Doesn't sit right with me at least, especially as it seemed like you were kinda against that kinda thing in an earlier post I believe.

Secondly, to answer your question, my impression is that Hololive isn't as strict as a lot of other agencies. Meaning you're even allowed to continue streaming on the side as your normal self, as it doesn't really conflict with the vtuber business. As been known, some of them have multiple jobs, like Callie. Some still stream outside of their vtuber persona. I think that's a good thing and while there's things to criticize Hololive for, it's definitely not in that regard.

Labolas

Has Coco ever taken a song seriously?

Ame can go 4 songs just like this but she always seems to have one song where she tries to sing it normally.
I've been looking for a Coco song where she does not just shit on it.

Amelia still has a chance no matter how bad she is she has a good chance to create music

some one did put this together

I wonder if anyone could put out a banger with Coco

In other related news Gawr Gura will also release original music. I do feel both Ame and Ina has a chance even when they don't do as well as the others.

I can imagine that's why Coco took her break to brush up on her singing.

First of all, why even link her twitter account in a thread about vtubers? Are we going to say "this is this vtuber and this is this vtuber"? Couldn't it have been resolved by asking if the contract is very restrictive? Doesn't sit right with me at least, especially as it seemed like you were kinda against that kinda thing in an earlier post I believe.

Secondly, to answer your question, my impression is that Hololive isn't as strict as a lot of other agencies. Meaning you're even allowed to continue streaming on the side as your normal self, as it doesn't really conflict with the vtuber business. As been known, some of them have multiple jobs, like Callie. Some still stream outside of their vtuber persona. I think that's a good thing and while there's things to criticize Hololive for, it's definitely not in that regard.

Do you think it would be a big deal now? I think she is the most exposed vtuber out of them all even though Coco and a few others are also active with vblogs and ASMR streams.

I think it just depends on what you want out of the vtuber character you follow. Do you want the Wresting Character like THE ROCK or do you want to know what the Actor is up to and how to best support that person. If you only see the vtuber character and not the person then yes this puts you into that category of someone who just wants to get lost in a character.

She recently answereed a question about a rumor posted on a Chan-like forum that she got rejected for Hololive JP she seems to read these threads and take to heart everything being said about her on those chan sites.

Yeah it felt like a big deal to me in the beginning not to talk about who is who, but things have been evolving as I learned more about this issue and who knows what. It seems a larger amount of the community already has this knowledge, I still spoiler tagged it. I have evolved beyound just the tech and character because the person playing that character shares a lot about what she is worried about IRL. I think most fans have gone down that hole and just want to make sure it is not a shock later if some anti tries to play the 'exposed' game that the fans already know and don't care.

So it just seems like a related topic right now. But if you want me to remove the link since she is an IRL Idol and not just a past vtuber design maybe it is more sensitive to see a real person but it also Aldric posting like we are all mindless zombies unable to detach a character from real life. I think ignoring the real person behind the character is what he thinks we all do. But haters who would want to do her harm already know her IRL socials. So I would not really be protecting her by removing the link.

Thanks for the reply about the contracts. How do cosplay models get support? To me it is still a vtuber to a cosplay character, no real name just 2 different jobs.

Hololive has been confusing in how they react to backlash, they really messed up the Aloe and Hololive CN thing that is why I'm asking if some of these girls have existing contracts that they must keep working.

Calli talks about not having enough time because she has other work

I was listening to Haachama's stream on the background and just realized I don't understand WTF she is talking about. That girl does not have to be drunk to be weird af.

Almost missed the SMASH links

maybe this Collab is only on Ina's channel

OMG Ame changed her Switch so she is still downloading SMASH lol only Ame

I can imagine that's why Coco took her break to brush up on her singing.

Was she on break again? Coco seems to make enough cash with AsaCoco merch not sure if she even needs to put out songs on streaming platforms.

But did she take a break?

She and Haachama was not allowed to stream or post for 3 weeks because they reviewed google's tracker showing them which countries their fans were coming from and because Taiwan was on the list they caused the whole Hololive CN to be shutdown because of Chinese fans getting butthurt.

-----------

I was waiting for this wall of text to be translated. Poor Pekora

look at Pekora's face trying to get all of that load

alt with better font and translation

Last edited:

Labolas

I was listening to Haachama's stream on the background and just realized I don't understand WTF she is talking about. That girl does not have to be drunk to be weird af.

Almost missed the SMASH links

maybe this Collab is only on Ina's channel

Was she on break again? Coco seems to make enough cash with AsaCoco merch not sure if she even needs to put out songs on streaming platforms.

But did she take a break?

She and Haachama was not allowed to stream or post for 3 weeks because they reviewed google's tracker showing them which countries their fans were coming from and because Taiwan was on the list they caused the whole Hololive CN to be shutdown because of Chinese fans getting butthurt.

-----------

I was waiting for this wall of text to be translated. Poor Pekora

look at Pekora's face trying to get all of that load

Yeah she has upcoming live concert and she just started on Twitter that she'll stop her online activities for now

Elite Smash Gura does not want items. Ame wants items. Ame still can't join because she forgot to install Smash.

Yeah she has upcoming live concert and she just started on Twitter that she'll stop her online activities for now

Ah thanks for the info. Maybe there is more going on or maybe she needs a break she does go harder than most. Hope all is well with her.

Last edited:
Coco held up till HoloCN graduated, which is a win for her. She's the No1 superchat earner, which creates plenty of haters domestic and foreign trying to trip her up.

Now that VShojo, a US based Vtuber agency with talents like Ironmouse and Projekt Melody is up and running, the scene is going to get interesting. The founders are the real deal and know the streaming business. How much of a boundary VShojo pushes is going to affect how much creative freedom the rest of the English based Vtubers are going to enjoy.

Right now, the anime related market is bigger, but growth potential wise VR/MR market is going to completely overtake it.

I was gonna post about Vshojo but glad I am not the only one posting on this page thanks guys

Her news outfit looks so much like Haachama and the other Hololive JP girls. I guess they are using the same artists

Seems like Vshojo is a positive step might help presure Hololive to step up their game on how well they take care of talent.

Stream toxic gamer plays

Last edited:
No, it's Nyanners :p

oh really fogot this old anime troll queen
I think I heard someone famous was going full time vtuber and got a ton of backlash was that her?
maybe that was also someone else.

this one seems to have a Senzawa like history but was at it much longer

Edit; after looking at the VShojo cast I don't think Hololive EN Gen 2 is going to have much meat to it. That was a lot of top talent.

Last edited:
I am not really into the Christmas thing but dunno why I like this

after getting past Aqua, Haachama and FBK really had me enjoying this

Original sauce

upcoming stream

Ina POV

-----

no bump edit: Calli on now

clips

Last edited:
Oh shit Kiara and all of HoloEN are now Senpais now

Hololive ID Gen 2.0 has launched twitter and youtuber channels but no debut yet

When I first read the reply I thought this was just another vtuber. Indonesia getting a second gen is great because they speak english very often.

best senpai already drawing fan art

Last edited:
This should be wholesome and cute but it 4am for me and I have to sleep and work on my project later

will watch while I work when I wake up

Show your support to Moona x Pekora

Pekora point of view

Last edited:
Bringing back another sensitive topic to some

Since Hololive's EN Vsinger auditions have opened up with the resquest for a Female persona but any gender could apply, I've fallen into another rabbit hole to find out how easy is it for a male to use a feminine voice.

Some people posted and joked about it here as if it was a thing. But

I found this clip of a guy who recognized his brothers voice made me think about the topic much more seriously.

that above video pointed me to this vtuber who I guess is a male behind the voice

well at least that is who the Subaru video on the topic pointed at, not sure who that guys brother is but I guess males being the voice of female avatars is more common than I expected.

I eas thinking if knowing what the voice actor looked like would change things for me, I think I know most of Hololive by now and to be honest I think knowing what they look like have changed for some of them. Like now I see avatars that are attractive visually I vibe with but the person behind it is really not my type. And I found avatars that are not visually that cute to me, but the person behind it is super cute.

Now you throw gender into the mix ouch, Pain peko. It should not be a big deal it is not like finding out Bart Simpson's VA was always a woman was a big deal but vtubers seem like a different level of interaction that makes you feel you were lied to if you find out something like that.

I think going forward I would want to know the facts behind my favorites avatar, not names but some facts would still matter.

Welp in other news, Nijisanji is doing auditions for an EN branch.

I don't really follow Nijisanji at all but I have heard people say they are a better company than Cover/Hololive

I've recently seen this clip

seems they are freer to talk about things huh?

I think after Gen 2 ID and EN Hololive. I might be ready to move on from watching.

Way too many to keep up with

Ina just did a talking stream encouraging auditions

saying she sucked at singing only sung one verse and talked about food for the rest of her audition

---------------------------------------------------------------
edit I wanted to share this because it is one of the best examples or a vtuber's real voice coming out in this case because of spicy food

her voice range is amazing

Last edited:

Labolas

Oh yeah, the folks at Nijisanji definitely have more freedom but are less popular than Hololive. Hell, I wouldn't have found them out until they still collabing with Hololive girls. The two more popular ones are Otogibara Era and Lulu Suzuhara

Otogibara probably has the best "character development" out of any vtuber I've seen

I find Lulu rather soothing to watch.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the folks at Nijisanji definitely have more freedom but are less popular than Hololive. Hell, I wouldn't have found them out until they still collabing with Hololive girls. The two more popular ones are Otogibara Era and Lulu Suzuhara

Otogibara probably has the best "character development" out of any vtuber I've seen

I find Lulu rather soothing to watch.

^ Yeah I am trying to not click on Nijisanji content due to the way youtube floods my recommeded with vtubers. Trying to stay on track with Hololive.
But if in the future Nijisanji EN collabs with Hololive EN I would have no choice. It is easier to follow Hololive JP knowing how they connect to the english speakers so it is easier to follow who is who and what kind of characters they normally are.

Knowing who the most popular at Nijisanji right now might not matter too much, if Nijisanji EN goes viral like Gura and Holo EN. Still too many to keep track of in Hololive alone. I was think Holostars did more collabs with Nijisanji than most of JP.

I became a fan of Watame, Marine, Aqua, Subaru and others due to just following the dots. Nijisanji just never had a natural connection for me to start watching the talent over there yet. An easy link between one channel I am following to another would make it easier.

I mean I learned about Matsuri after she posted a Superchat for Gura during a stream I was watching. And all the alarm warnings the chat was posting about her being a loli chaser. So I just watch many of her antics later and her relationship with Luna and many other girls. So this is like following WWF back in the day and not know what the story lines are for that new wresting group showing up on TV.

but it only takes Calli to post on a vtubers chat for it to pop up on recommended
Not say Nijisanji don't have their own huge fans but at least so far I've been able to avoid them flooding my YT front page.

Still way too many stories to follow everyone is growing and changing in Hololive EN

An Event of note: CalliP3 vs Atlus
I wanted to keep track of this event. Calli vs. Atlus Games. Atlus is famous on youtube for not allowing Persona playthroughs with copyright strikes and takedowns.

Calli is launching her campaign to ask for Persona 3 permission from Atlus

edit: Calli is so underated in how she tries to entertain her viewers

Last edited:
Calli chose the wrong type of Shrimp Game Publisher to beg for permission to play a game. Bandai stayed on Gura's Taiko stream Chat the for the whole time and gave feedback and help. Even posted that they are going to do their best to send her a drum when she asked chat if she should get a drum.

Meanwhile Calli and deadbeats fans did manage to get the hashtag #CalliP3 trending on twitter high enough but crickets from Atlus.

-----------------------------------------

Kiara sure kept that secret, well 14 hour warning is good

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

I'm Black so before someone sends me this meme vtuber going around I'll post it in context from this video by Omni

I already knew this shit about China though. I can't wait to see Omni as a vtuber lol.

Honestly, that was a pretty good racist joke, I got to give her that.

I'm sort of on the same page as Omni, in that i'm not really offended or anything, kind of just found that funny (mostly because I don't mind racist jokes).

It's not really surprising though for China with a lot of the stuff that has happened this year. It's funny, I remember last year their was someone on the politics board staning for China trying to say they were one of the least racist countries for black people.

Labolas

Also Miko started up a twitch channel. I believe it's only for watch alongs since I think Hololive got kicked off of billiblli.

Rumor has it that Watame and Ame are next since they both have old twitch accounts.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
I can see the appeal, but personally not something I'd watch. I already feel weird enough as it is just watching normal streamers play games. The closest thing I've watched to a character being played on stream is probably Dr. Disrespect. Haven't watched him since he got banned off Twitch though, as I don't use YouTube Gaming.

Are their any Vtubers that mostly play Nintendo games?

Classic Stream every newbie should watch

A lot of Hololive girls play Nintendo games often it seems Nintendo allows them to, mostly Switch games. Hololive EN tend to really suck at Switch games because they play off the capture app.

You can watch Ame rage at Mario she finished this game over many streams

check her channel if you want to watch them all

Kiara plays 3 Houses, Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, and Mario Kart 8 (sucks at most of them and rages)

Yeah Ina also plays Mario Kart 8 and was recently part of the Super Smash Ultimate Collab with Ame and Gura

You will also find lots of Tetris 99 and Mario 35 streams from Hololive JP girls and some of them are really good at these 2 games.

Last edited:
Hololive JP also plays Ring Fit Adventures often some of them have been privated due to lewd noises

Gura will stream Ring Fit for the first time in a few hours

Overall Nintendo seems to be pro Hololive and allow them the permissions without a fuss

Top Bottom