• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Sounds too dangerous of a topic to talk about on this forum lol.

Not much news from me. I'm mostly watching Amiya Aranha every day now. Her game choice is amazing and her non-game streams are really interesting too. She played through Monkey Island, Commander Keen and Sonic CD lately. Now plays Secret Agent and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 on Friday.

Other than that I watched a hundred There Is No Game playthroughs lol.

Last edited:
Biggest Vtuber-related shitstorm ever going on right now because Rushia's boyfriend (who is an utaite himself) accidentally messaged her while she was streaming and the message was showing ON SCREEN.

Death threats vs. "An idol can have a private life too", let's go.

Reminds me of that streamer overload game everyone's playing now. I don't get why vtubers of all people are promoting that game. It shows how cold and calculating streamers can be, and how they might feel about their viewers behind the scenes.

I don't watch Rushia at all, but from those clips I gather she had boyfriends in the past anyway, and people already knew about that, so isn't the damage already done? Like either you're fine with that or you're not so you stopped watching.

There's plenty of streamers that are in a relationship and are able to make a living anyway. Selling the simp fantasy isn't required, but it is easy and brings in loads of cash. That's the choice they made, so they must commit to it. That's how I feel.

Yeah, I'm not following much of Rushia myself, but isn't her whole style based on making her viewers love her? She gets mad if they go to other streamers and stuff just like Korone.
I feel like if you are going for this idol relationship style you should also be in it with your heart. If not, why not be "Just friends!" like Fubuki?

Also what I gathered from the video above (might get taken down), this guy that sent the message is the same person that was already assumed to be her boyfriend 4 years ago but he denied that.

Also what I gathered from the video above (might get taken down), this guy that sent the message is the same person that was already assumed to be her boyfriend 4 years ago but he denied that.
He's talking about some Mahoto being her ex. No clue who either of these guys are, but apparently they're both "famous." I guess that's what she's attracted to.

Stitch

Gold Member

Rm2msUI.jpg
VdGxN2c.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
Notice Regarding COVER-Affiliated Talent “Uruha Rushia”
Weak statement. They're still apologizing as well. Not sure for what though.

I looked into Rushia a bit more as I find this whole drama quite fascinating. It seems she really went hard on the girlfriend experience. She had multiple emotional breakdowns on stream when fans questioned how serious she was about the GFE, begging them to trust her. If the rumors are true, I'm not surprised fans feel betrayed and angry. She extracted thousands of dollars from lonely, vulnerable men. Somehow Rushia, the one profiting from all this, would be the victim though. Everyone defending Rushia (for being in a relationship) is essentially giving her and other vtubers a free pass to do whatever they want and that no one can ever hold them accountable for it, no matter how deceitful, exploitative or otherwise harmful. Of course that's an appealing concept for any vtuber.

The death threats and exaggerated responses from certain fans are pathetic. Apparently there's even gossip going around on JP twitter that there was an abortion. It's pathetic and disgusting, but that's what you get when you play with fire.

Stitch

Gold Member
Weak statement. They're still apologizing as well. Not sure for what though.
That's just japanese people doing japanese things. They even apologize for getting sick lol

And these nerds should be angry at themselves for throwing money at some random internet person.
Yeah buddy, if you simp hard enough this internet person might actually become your wife. lmao.

And these nerds should be angry at themselves for throwing money at some random internet person.
Yeah buddy, if you simp hard enough this internet person might actually become your wife. lmao.
I think they're vulnerable men with likely a host of issues looking for some kind of connection. They thought they'd found something genuine online and lost themselves in it. If that was just a one-sided obsession that's one thing, but Rushia was selling that exact genuine experience. Can't act surprised when attracting that kind of person blows up in your face when you don't hold your end of the bargain.

Fortunately I'm not into GFE, simping or donating.

My opinion on this topic is that it's kinda similar to someone who goes into the woods, picks some interesting looking stones and then sells them as stones with magical healing effects for $30 a piece.

You can say the buyers are stupid, but it's still a scam.

Of course in Rushia's case it's not really proven, just suspicious. So I'll go with innocent until proven guilty.

Stitch

Gold Member

【Introduction】
Kizuna AI will go into a sleep period to update her system to better connect with everyone around the world.
She was born through a singularity in 2016 to "connect" with her human friends.
Kizuna AI has created many miracles and continues to bring more miracles and excitement (even today).
Kizuna AI started her music activities to better connect with everyone around the world. She will have her last concert, "hello, world 2022,"
aimed towards everyone in the world before her indefinite hiatus.

【Message from Kizuna AI】
Here's an end to my never-ending story for the time being.
Thank you for the past five years. I will try my best to make an exciting future for everyone so please look forward to it.
Please watch over me as I move to my next chapter!

Shaqazooloo

Apparently a new Nijisanji EN debut is coming up.

Honestly pretty wild how many Vtubers they are putting out, I only just recently been following Nijisanji but apparently all of EN so far has Been in less than a year. 5 gens in less than a year is crazy.

Labolas

I think Pekora did a stream regarding the matter and it was pretty somber. Her and Marine couldn't hold back the tears.

Ladioss

Yeah, so many retarded takes on twitter and reddit about Rushia getting fired because "idol culture". She leaked internal emails to that drama tuber, and God knows what else info, and maybe did so from her own pro account for IT to easily discover it.

What's interesting is how the other holo reacted to the news. Really put a damper on the big holo family narrative. At the end of the day, it's all about business and selling you that beautiful parasocial imaginarium.

Last edited:
It's interesting that most Japanese Hololive members actually streamed today to cheer up their viewers, but the English Hololive members cancel their streams including a collab many were looking forward to.

Also I don't think there's much point in speculating what Rushia leaked, but it must be serious enough for Hololive to take this action although it both hurts their image and income.

Oh well, Rushia already created a new Youtube channel, so people who want to support her probably can do so again in the near future.

Ladioss

That and what KoreKore posted in his new video : she will probably not go gently into the night.

I'm beginning to suspect why so many holos went with the "Please continue to support us in the future" bit in their farewell message some days ago : they knew the Necromancer was coming.

Last edited:

Labolas

To take some of the drama away, Ame is doing an offcollab karaoke with Ina, Kronii, Fauna, Mumei. It's the first big off collab EN has done. Girls just wanna have fun. Big ups to Ame for getting this together.

Stitch

Gold Member
Yeah I was watching Gura last night and Choco today a bit. Gura was choosing armor and health a lot, but I feel like they're not really important. You really want to get lots of damage and projectiles real fast.

Yeah, usually offensive abilities are better, but for example you need Hollow Heart for the Ultimate Whip. And Laurel/Armor can allow you to move through the enemies which could also means more damage dealt than when you keep your distance, so it's not completely useless, but it depends on how you play and what weapons you pick.

Sad news: Aruru is graduating. It was not announced yet, but Shee spoiled it in her schedule. Don't know the reason, but she wasn't streaming for 3 weeks already. Maybe got too busy in real life.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
I think with Hololive it also has something to do with streaming rights. Japanese companys need to ask for streaming permission and if one girl gets the OK then I guess the others will jump on it too. Several girls were suddenly playing Powerwash Simulator.

I think with Hololive it also has something to do with streaming rights. Japanese companys need to ask for streaming permission and if one girl gets the OK then I guess the others will jump on it too. Several girls were suddenly playing Powerwash Simulator.
Yeah I guess at Hololive they are extra careful. Even though I highly doubt any indie developer would mind promotion like this.

But still nobody played There Is No Game in Japanese at Hololive even though Risu played it. I guess they also get rights for each language separately?

Stitch

Gold Member
I think japanese companys are the only ones doing this permission stuff. But they all work for a japanese company so they all have to ask for streaming rights. Maybe the other girls just didn't care about this game?

Some girls mentioned that they only started Vampire Survivors because they watched Guras stream. Maybe no one watched Risu :|

I'm sure they will play it one day. They're still playing Getting Over It...

Usually Fubuki is the reason why everybody played a game, because Fubuki is the type that when she likes a game, she tells everybody else to play it.

But I guess Gura is really popular among the Japanese Vtubers.

Labolas

It finally happened. Gura, Ame, and Ina performing on stage. Gura was great, Ame and Ina was cute. But Moona kill it. Also Korone does a fucking flip on stage. An amazing time to see these girls grow and prosper.

koronehofestflip.gif

Hopefully in the near future, all the EN girls can perform together.

Top Bottom