• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Labolas

Eh, I still don't care to watch Vshojo. Happy for Rushia found a place but beyond that I kinda indifferent towards the whole thing.

Shaqazooloo

It's not surprising, you'd be lucky to get 1 stream a week from her. It's a shame though since I really liked her and her playthrough of Kirby and Metroid amoung other stuff she's done.

For some reason I've been quite lucky that only Vtuber I didn't like too much graduate.

I wouldn't say that I did expect Sana to graduate, but there have been many hints that she wasn't fully happy (Kiara hinted it at that some people might join Hololive not being aware how much work it is and how strict the Japanese work culture is once, but didn't say it was Sana, but I always thought she was talking about her going by context) and that she also suffered health issues (back pain), so it's not really a surprise to me.

Due to her streaming so little, she barely got followers, I think she has the lowest subscriber count of all Hololive. And she basically broke the company's contract to upload at least 3 videos per week all the time.

On a sidenote, back pain sucks, if you succumb to it, you can basically not do any jobs anymore because it's either too much sitting, too much standing or too much lifting. I always had to quit my job because of it, but ironically COVID-19 saved me by introducing home office, allowing me to lie down and go for walks frequently (strangely even though I'm only actively working at the computer like 5 hours per day at home office, my productivity has actually increased, that's why no one is complaining).

Stitch

Gold Member
I think I never watched any Sana Clips :goog_unsure: Also no one ever really talked about her on Reddit.

actually had to google who sana is

Labolas

Sana probably has my favorite looking model out of Council. I think that she had pretty shitty luck when it came to her Vtubing career. Health problems (her back), personal problems (her dog dying, I feel for her here), and being busy with her other career (an artist on Arknights or some gatcha game). A shame because she kinda shined in her playthroughs of Metroid Dread and Kirby. Poor Ina seems the most broken up by this even though she most likely was the first one to know.

Labolas

greys anatomy wow GIF

Not bad Kson but yeah maybe save that for twitch.

Tenma took the English teacher's lesson where they said "In English language you are not as polite in as Japanese" a bit too seriously.

What really disappoints me in various Vtubers including Tenma is that they don't really stick to their favorite genres. For example Tenma said she loves roguelikes and will play lots of roguelikes, but she plays so much other stuff.
Selen originally said she likes RTS and started with Starcraft, but then never played another RTS again.

It's frustrating that all Vtubers just end up playing the same stuff in the end just because it brings more viewers.

I finally want a real RTS Vtuber and while we're at it, also a railshooter Vtuber please.

Last edited:

Labolas

I'm proud of the Elite baby. When started at Cover corp, she struggled and was considering quitting altogether but I'm glad she's still. She is the reason why I fell into the rabbit in the first place, along with Korone and Pekora.

Some of it as well.

I like Peony the most. German Vtuber, wants to play D&D with other Kawaii members, maybe even getting ASMR.

Aletta has a British accent and a great list of games she wants to play. Also like her goal to develop a Dating Sim.

The others didn't interest me too much.

Labolas

Sava is one I like the most. Reminds me of Pippa Pipkin. The girl has DMC3 as one of her favorite games. She's aces in my book.

Last edited:
how do they even get one of these vtubes (idk if that's what you call it, the software that makes them)... anyone know if they make an ugly vtuber? I'd be in for that lol

how do they even get one of these vtubes (idk if that's what you call it, the software that makes them)... anyone know if they make an ugly vtuber? I'd be in for that lol
You need someone drawing a picture and maybe some concept art of your character.
And then you need a rigger who basically takes the picture and makes it move.

There's definitely people who are willing to also draw and rig ugly models.

Total costs to make it is around $1000 on average. You can probably get an only-upper-body model or chibi model for half that price and the most expensive one I know of did cost $8000 if we don't count kson giving Himori several ten thousands of $$$ voluntarily.

Last edited:
You need someone drawing a picture and maybe some concept art of your character.
And then you need a rigger who basically takes the picture and makes it move.

There's definitely people who are willing to also draw and rig ugly models.

Total costs to make it is around $1000 on average. You can probably get an only-upper-body model or chibi model for half that price and the most expensive one I know of did cost $8000 if we don't count kson giving Himori several ten thousands of $$$ voluntarily.
Holy shit man, I didn't know it was that involved! Jesus, thanks for the info!

Labolas

Holy shit Botan can't contain herself when she's around Subaru.

The Holorust war ended with Gura teaming up with Team Suisei (Suisei, Roboco, Kanata, and Gura) against Team Polka (Polka, Miko, Matsuri, and Luna), but her team and Polka's were betrayed by the war criminal known as Pekora and they all decided to team up against her. Good stuff.

Meanwhile you had Calli and Fubuki gambling, Kiara occasionally being chauffeured around by Ame, who ended up having internet problems at the end sadly, and Bae, Irys, and Zeta who were just roaming around.

Top Bottom