• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart beats Amazon in mindshare on "Prime day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallink

The biggest problem with the US version was things selling out in seconds. Most of the deals though were hot garbage.

That was the whole point of the sale though, the hot garbage sold out in seconds and cleared acres of warehouse space. There's no doubt Amazon's patting themselves on the back and already putting that laminating machine price in a tentative Prime Day 2016 spread sheet. They're not as oblivious or out of touch as people are giving them credit for, they knew exactly what they were doing and what reactions would.

ElRenoRaven

Yea this "Prime day" really was pathetic. Course their Black friday and other big sales days were pretty pathetic too this year. It's like that tweet says. It's like going to a garage sale. It's all random shit that you're like yea why do I want this?

Slash

Banned
Fuck Amazon, i was ready to buy something from them with Prime Day but i knew all along this would be some shit sale and this just reinforces my resolve to continue not to buy anything from them. Horribly misleading ads from them, they get worse and worse.

Kibbles

I can't believe they had TV ads for this lol. Anything even slightly interesting always says "100% claimed" too.

border

I was actually kinda sad that I wouldn't be able to be home for most of the day and was going to miss a bunch of great deals.

For the 1 hour I was home I was able to pick up the Playstation Gold headphones for $60, and it sounds like I got one of the few deals worth having. Though Bloodborne for $30 is not bad, it's probably just not my kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom