• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Black Friday ad: Bunch of games on sale

KissVibes

Banned
Some awesome deals but I just can't bring myself to go out and deal with lunatics in the freezing cold. Why can't online deals be this good?

Mr.Swag

Banned
Got a 12 hour shift working retail this year during black Friday. Kinda glad I won't have the opportunity to spend a lot of money.
Can't wait for cyber Monday tho.

Damn, I want that Max Payne 3.

zulux21

I think I'd rather just stay home all day.

that's my plan, I look at ads like these but the simple fact is the last few years between newegg and amazon almost all of the electronics/video game deals were matched online that people fought over in stores to get, about the only stuff that doesn't always get matched is the doorbuster stuff that is the amazing deal that is just a pull to get people there even though only 1-5 people will get them per store.

TP

I didn't know that slate grey ps3 controller was out in the US and I can't find it on their website. Anybody have a link?

_woLf

Is it possible to buy a copy of Forza and Dance Central 3 for normal price early and price match it on Black Friday?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
$10 GT5 and DSiXL finally within my price range? So super tempting. Not that I need a 3rd DS but the 3DS gots nothing going for it so why not? >.> But the last time I even passed by a Walmart on BF it was madness!! Gotta hope for some price matching online or off. Prolly oughta try an save some money up first to.

Claude

Catalina's bitch

3WRsY.jpg

Need higher quality scans, I can't tell what some of those games are. :\ The Nintendo games on "sale" for DS are a joke.

Spinluck

Nice prices really. But always conisder that when you step into Black Friday Walmart, you might not comeback out.

I'm actually worried about Amazon matching deals this year. With their current financial losses and the fact that they haven't been price matching like they used to, I'm wondering if they'll bother matching the competition this year at all and instead just do their own deals.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm actually worried about Amazon matching deals this year. With their current financial losses and the fact that they haven't been price matching like they used to, I'm wondering if they'll bother matching the competition this year at all and instead just do their own deals.

I think they did all their PM'ing stuff with gold box deals last year too. I'm not expecting them to match much stuff either

vireland

How are there no 3DS XL bundles? The one time I show restraint and put off buying a new model for inevitable holiday bundles, and they're letting me down.

Kmart, $169

Yeah, I know...but yeah. Kmart is it so far for 3DS XL on sale.

Stack that with truaxis deals and you can get it for less than $100. Decently hot.

TriGen

Dishonored for $25 sounds good. No way I'll go out in the middle of the rush, but maybe there will be some copies left later.

Toki767

Dishonored for $25 sounds good. No way I'll go out in the middle of the rush, but maybe there will be some copies left later.

Amazon will surely price match it as a lightning deal. Along with Borderlands 2 and XCOM. Maybe WWE 13 too. Not sure about the others.

The only reason why Amazon has financial losses is because they are going nuts expanding their business and trying to destroy their competition.

vireland

With tax now being charged in a number of populous states, most notably CA, they're going to have to try harder this year because they are less competitive with their no-taxiness shield removed. Plus, with Target and others matching Amazon.com for the first time ever this year, it may be a feedback loop situation.

vireland

The only reason why Amazon has financial losses is because they are going nuts expanding their business and trying to destroy their competition.

And building distribution centers locally to make shipping faster and offer same day metro delivery. B&M is expensive.

After going last year I can truly tell you this.

There wont be anything but wii games left by 8:30 and those will be gone by 9 for sure.

"Black Friday" has turned into "Thanksgiving evening" it seems. Honestly, if I could be done with all my shopping by 2 am that would be pretty killer.
Sucks. I actually love waking up early. Tradition. Also, this ruins Thanksgiving Day. Oh well. No doubt mine is the minority opinion.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Stores have started early in recent years to lesson the number of psychos that sit outside all night. Studies show that those people are easily the most volatile and confrontational.

"Black Friday" has turned into "Thanksgiving evening" it seems. Honestly, if I could be done with all my shopping by 2 am that would be pretty killer.

weird... I hadn't noticed this.

BF3 Premium Edition for $25!

so it's cheaper to buy the premium edition, use the code and sell the game than to buy just the premium upgrade online...

smurfx

get some go again
I think I'd rather just stay home all day.
walmart is hell on earth on black friday. i've made the mistake of going twice but that will never happen again. wonder if i should look for a good deal on black friday for re6 but maybe i'll just wait till xmas time and see if any store has a good deal on it.

vireland

for a moment I thought it was 3DS XL

so they are not going to have any sale or special bundle for 3DS XL this black friday?

Posted earlier in the thread. Kmart has the 3DS XL for $169. Stack that with truaxis deals (if you have a participating Citibank credit card) and you can get the price down around $99.

walmart is hell on earth on black friday. i've made the mistake of going twice but that will never happen again. wonder if i should look for a good deal on black friday for re6 but maybe i'll just wait till xmas time and see if any store has a good deal on it.

i went last year and it was hectic, but fun.

_woLf

I went to Walmart last year and it was fun to watch people. I did my good deed of that day by going into the mess to get an old woman a copy of Dance Central 2 for her grandkid, too.

It was easy for me because I only wanted Yakuza 4. Wanting two of the most demanded games from the sale this year is going to be rough.

Drakeon

Oh man, some great deals.

Definitely wanting to pick up Xcom. Maybe on Borderlands 2, Dishonored and NFS: MW. Hoping to find AC3 for $30-35 somewhere. Transformers at $25 is tempting too, but I'll probably wait til its bargain bin since I don't have to play it.

Top Bottom