• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Black Friday ad: Bunch of games on sale

After going last year I can truly tell you this.

There wont be anything but wii games left by 8:30 and those will be gone by 9 for sure.
Yeah, Black Friday has become worse over the past few years. I remember going at midnight three years or so ago and being able to get everything I wanted with zero hassle.

Something to to keep in mind is that some of the games on sale will be back in electronics in the glass case in addition to the stock on display. Unless they have changed their policy, you should be able to get them for the sale price. A good tactic to avoid the mob, until people start getting clever/desperate.

TriGen

There were buy 2 get 1's and I knew that was a bad deal. People said to wait but some people just can't fight the allure of day one.

Yeah, nothing wrong with an overpay if you want the game day one. It only sucks if you you're not someone that needs it day one but buy it a few weeks later. That's my rule usually, it's a day one purchase or it's a no purchase until I can find a really good deal. No inbetween.

Toki767

There were buy 2 get 1's and I knew that was a bad deal. People said to wait but some people just can't fight the allure of day one.

This ad and a lot of the other ads just goes to show that the only good things to buy during a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale are Nintendo games lol

ReaperXL7

So will the deals for epic mickey 2 and ass creed 3 count for the wii u versions aswell? Don't think ill be getting one till tax time but would not be a bad idea to start building some games to play.

so Im interested in GOW HD (somewhat I already beat GOW3 but that PS+)...and if Jak HD is on sale I'll pickup that but...is it worth going to walmart. Last year people got peppered sprayed by some old lady in my area.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Spec Ops (maybe) and X-Com (for sure) for me. Wal-Mart always has amazing huge, gigantic ass bins of super cheap movies and tv-shows.

Marda

Neo Member
Am I crazy to expect my Walmart to not be packed at 9pm, an hour after the sale goes live? Want to get in on the blu-rays, maybe some games, but I have yet to see any Resident Evil 6 drops.

Eusis

Am I crazy to expect my Walmart to not be packed at 9pm, an hour after the sale goes live? Want to get in on the blu-rays, maybe some games, but I have yet to see any Resident Evil 6 drops.
That probably depends entirely on how well known this becomes. I would expect the worst however.

shaowebb

Whats up with that Ematic tablet on page 12 for $50?
  • 7in
  • Android 4.0
  • 4GB memory storage

How much ram does it have? Whats its OS? Whats the track record on this brand? It just sort of yells junkware at that price by not listing its full specs. Anyone know if other tablets of value go for this price?

Jawmuncher

Yeah lal the list so far haven't listed Resident Evil 6 at all.
Not sure if thats good or bad.

Toki767

• 7in
  • Android 4.0
  • 4GB memory storage

How much ram does it have? Whats its OS? Whats the track record on this brand? It just sort of yells junkware at that price by not listing its full specs. Anyone know if other tablets of value go for this price?

It tells you the OS is Android 4.0...

I want a bunch of those games, but I don;t know if I want to go through the crowds again for the third time. The lines for the gaming section was insane. I mean it literally went on for miles. Maybe I'll get the leftovers like last year. Yakuza 4 for $10 was a good leftover.

• 7in
    [*]Android 4.0
  • 4GB memory storage

Probably the one you listed. I wouldn't go for it though. Cheap knockoff chinese tablet. Just get a Nexus 7 if you want a cheap tablet. Anything below that level is sketchy.

if it's anything like last year, there is NO WAY IN HELL it's worth it to stand in line for a couple of cheap games or movies. NO WAY IN HELL. Line to check out at my WalMart was like 3 hours last year.

Kusagari

$25 Games
NBA2k13
FIFA 13
Madden 13
COD MW3
Dishonored
Skyrim
Borderlands 2
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Need For Speed Most Wanted
X-Com

Battlefield 3 Premium
WWE 13
Little Big Planet Karting
Transformers Fall Of Cybertron
(and a lot more, it's hard to tell them all. over 45 titles at this price according to the ad)

$15 Games
Lego Batman DC Superheroes
Max Payne 3
Dance Central 3
Red Dead Redemption GOTY
Grand Theft Auto (something, can't tell).
Spec Ops The Line
Kinect Sports
Forza Horizon
Call of Duty Black Ops
(and another game shown in the ad. apparently over 30 titles at this price).

HOLY SHIT

Walmart went fucking in this year. They're not playing around.

see5harp

Yeah, nothing wrong with an overpay if you want the game day one. It only sucks if you you're not someone that needs it day one but buy it a few weeks later. That's my rule usually, it's a day one purchase or it's a no purchase until I can find a really good deal. No inbetween.

I only buy something day one if its a game I know I'll play for months. Otherwise it's gamefly or redbox until a crazy sale. Most games have zero replay value and no multiplayer. That's not worth $60 to me ever.

Jawmuncher

if it's anything like last year, there is NO WAY IN HELL it's worth it to stand in line for a couple of cheap games or movies. NO WAY IN HELL. Line to check out at my WalMart was like 3 hours last year.

Yeah I remember this.
Went to walmart and it was just havoc, especially trying to get the games behind the glass after the bins got raided in 2 seconds flat.

I think i'll just try my luck at amazon lightning deals again.
Since last time Amazon price matched all the good deals on games.

Toki767

Just remember guys. If you can't get something on Black Friday, it's not the end of the world. These games will be back on sale probably by January. Don't want to see any of you guys get hurt out there lol

Yeah I remember this.
Went to walmart and it was just havoc, especially trying to get the games behind the glass after the bins got raided in 2 seconds flat.

I think i'll just try my luck at amazon lightning deals again.
Since last time Amazon price matched all the good deals on games.

I actually didn't have any trouble getting the games. I got there at 7am or so and grabbed $25 copies of Uncharted 3 and Arkham City, along with a few cheapo Blu Rays, but the line to pay was literally was hundreds of people deep and a rep told us it would be about a 3 hour wait.

Kusagari

Cheapassgamer identified more $25 games, if you want to add them to OP Wario.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man

List just gets crazier and crazier. Almost every major release this year.

Linkhero1

Some great deals, but Walmart on Black Friday is hell. I was at a Walmart in San Jose last year and almost got into several fights for no reason. People act like animals during sales, but it's worse at Walmart.

kyo27

Yes you are crazy to expect that. It probably won't slow down in the store until 2 or 3 AM and by then I doubt there will be anything left. And by slow down I mean you won't get trampled. It will still be pretty busy.

Guys you dont want to be within 5 miles of Wal-Mart early black friday. Once they take down the rope and let people go at those games its going to be a madhouse. People will literally be pushing each other away from the bins and getting trampled.

If you are lucky enough to grab a good game you still will have to wait 2 hours to check out.

Apdiddy

Great deals at Wal-Mart (especially for Spec Ops: The Line, Forza Horizon, NFS: Most Wanted, Dishonored & XCOM), but there's no way I'm going out on Black Friday to deal with the people fighting.

TriGen

Guys you dont want to be within 5 miles of Wal-Mart early black friday. Once they take down the rope and let people go at those games its going to be a madhouse. People will literally be pushing each other away from the bins and getting trampled.

If you are lucky enough to grab a good game you still will have to wait 2 hours to check out.

I tried last year. Walked in the store after some pushing to get in, and walked right back out after seeing a bunch of low lifes killing each other to grab some cheap shirts. I can't imagine what something like the electronics section would be like, as that stuff is normally more expensive so people will likely be more desperate for the deals.

gdt

Hopefully the prices for Dishonored and NFS get matched online. No way I'm going through that at the store.

Is ACIII on sale anywhere?

MG310

Some good stuff in there but not going to be too disappointed if I can't get them...at least there's lots of options. Managed to grab the Skyward Sword controller bundle easily last year.

Seemed like Dance Central 2 was a hot item last year and hopefully stuff like that and NBA 2K13 will distract from people grabbing things like X-Com and Dishonored. :D

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Wal-Mart on Black Friday is worth going to around a hour after opening (at least in small towns) just for the Blu-Rays alone. Lots of good stuff still left to pick up if you look.

I might get there early this time though to try and snag Forza Horizon, I have been waiting to bite on it and $15 is a steal for FH.

Top Bottom