• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart Black Friday Ad

MattyG

Banned
I'll get AC Rogue if the PS3 version drops to $25 too. If not, then it looks like I'm all set this year. Not worth going out at midnight to face the horde for minimal savings.

That's a great PS4 deal.

Wow, does it say for the walmart.com offer you get the PS4 GTA and TLOU Bundle, plus "Bonus Choice of 2 Games" for $449? That is just a crazy great deal. 4 FREAKING GAMES? Damn

I think the online deals are pretty good.

Xbox One with Game and 1yr Gold for $379
PS4 with GTA V and 2 Games for $449.

Look at the picture, it includes TLOU as well. So PS4, GTAV, TLOU, Choice of 2 Games, for $449? That is a great PS4 deal, wow!

EDIT: NM, you dont get the $50 gift card with the PS4 GTAV and TLOU Bundle. Still a great deal!

lots of those games are cheaper at best buy, plus the added 20% off anyone who picked up the GCU is probably better off there for games. The bundles are good here though

Euron

You shouldn't have to. They have the 1 hour guarantee thing on it so as long as you get there right away you should be fine. Granted that means getting there at 6pm on Thanksgiving. I really hate that retailers are doing that now...
I got lucky that this year much of my family is coming back later so we're having Thanksgiving a few days late this year but I'm still disgusted with the practice. These people shouldn't be forced to work on Thanksgiving. I feel somewhat guilty for possibly supporting this practice but this is the only time I would ever do so.

B.O.O.M

Based amazon save us....I am not going anywhere near a Walmart on Black Friday..wish I was crazy enough to do so tho. Some great deals there

usually amazon price matches these right?

Muzy72

Banned
Wow, does it say for the walmart.com offer you get the PS4 GTA and TLOU Bundle, plus "Bonus Choice of 2 Games" for $449? That is just a crazy great deal. 4 FREAKING GAMES? Damn
Really is a damn good deal. If I didn't already own a PS4, I'd probably pick up Destiny and LittleBigPlanet 3. What a steal.

Wow thought Walmart would do some type of Wii U bundle. Oh well

PS4 bundles are pretty good. Standard GTAV/TLOU $399 bundle but now a $399 standalone + $50 GC, and a $449 for GTAV/TLOU bundle + 2 games of your choice

XB1 bundles are probably better, Standard $329 XB1 AC kinectless bundle, sweet $379 kinectless standard + game of your choice and 12 month live, but that kinectless + MCC + $30 GC for $329 is fantastic, on par with Target's offer imo

Great bundles for PS4 and XB1, Wii U is sad but not unexpected

jbug617

Banned
Wario did a good shot of the games in the ad
ibzgd6kY5k8eNi.jpg

That PS4 price is really really tempting. I mean $450 and I get TLoU:R, GTAV, and two games of my choice? That's insane.

On the other hand, I swore I was going to get a white one and nothing else.

Afrocious

Really is a damn good deal. If I didn't already own a PS4, I'd probably pick up Destiny and LittleBigPlanet 3. What a steal.

I wouldn't touch Destiny in its current state, but that's just me.

I guess I'll be buying this Wii U bundle off CL for 270....

Schryver

Its almost guaranteed a choice of shitty older games like NFS etc. Still a decent deal though if there's something else people want

Delio

Look at the picture, it includes TLOU as well. So PS4, GTAV, TLOU, Choice of 2 Games, for $449? That is a great PS4 deal, wow!

Looks like that will be what I pick up this holiday then with Dragon Age and Shadows of Mordor as my two extra games probably.

Edit : Oh if it's shitty older games then whatever I'll go with whatever is the best lol.

jbug617

Banned
Looks like that will be what I pick up this holiday then with Dragon Age and Shadows of Mordor as my two extra games probably.

Edit : Oh if it's shitty older games then whatever I'll go with whatever is the best lol.

I don't think they let you choose any game. They have a list of certain games only most of the time.

Popnbake

Wii U Black Friday Deals Be Like

1503.gif

Lol. Only seen one Wii U black friday deal so far and that was lackluster.

Based amazon save us....I am not going anywhere near a Walmart on Black Friday..wish I was crazy enough to do so tho. Some great deals there

usually amazon price matches these right?

Walmart was the craziest place I've been to for black friday. One guy was standing real close next to the covered pallet deals and made a threat that he had a boxcutter on him.

Amir0x

Banned
PS4 bundles are pretty good. Standard GTAV/TLOU $399 bundle but now a $399 standalone + $50 GC, and a $449 for GTAV/TLOU bundle + 2 games of your choice

Nah, the ad looks weird everyone is making this mistake.

It's standalone PS4 for $399.99 + 50 GC or PS4 GTAV/TLOU bundle for 399. And then they have a special walmart.com PS4 deal where you get the PS4 GTAV/TLOU bundle for 449 + two games of your choice.

Microsoft definitely has the better bundle deals this year. But of course, PS4 needs it less, so it's not too surprising to me. Why oh why could MS not have just changed their ID@Xbox Parity Clause. We're talking getting the systems at like 250 after savings :(

Celestia

I promised myself I'd never go back after what they pulled during the BF3 black friday sale. MCC bundle is looking really good though. Ugh.

Ok, depending on what the price for Skylanders Trap Team (my daughter wants it bad) is at Best Buy on November 20th, they have the price hidden right now, this appears to be the best deal for Skylanders Trap Team at $37. That is right in my wheelhouse of paying $35 for the Skylander sets the last couple of years

I would love for Best Buy to price it at $40, so I could get it for $32 with GCU. It looks like it is priced for $50 on Black Friday, so GCU gets it down to $40. I guess I could still get it at Best Buy for the Rewards Points.

Might have to get Ryse at $25. Was hoping to get it cheaper so might wait just because of my already growing backlog.

Still in disbelief of the Xbox One prices. When the Microsoft store error occurred I snuck in because I was positive it wouldnt be cheaper by the time Sunset and MCC were out. But here we are.

Nah, the ad looks weird everyone is making this mistake.

It's standalone PS4 for $399.99 + 50 GC or PS4 GTAV/TLOU bundle for 399. And then they have a special walmart.com PS4 deal where you get the PS4 GTAV/TLOU bundle for 449 + two games of your choice.

Microsoft definitely has the better bundle deals this year. But of course, PS4 needs it less, so it's not too surprising to me. Why oh why could MS not have just changed their ID@Xbox Parity Clause. We're talking getting the systems at like 250 after savings :(

Hmm did I not state that? There are 3 PS4 bundle options at Walmart for BF. Standalone, GTAV bundle, and GTAV bundle with 2 more games.

And per your protest, there's always next black friday? :p

Nah you shouldn't wait that long on Sunset Overdrive, just get one and buy like 5 copies of The Swapper, Rogue Legacy etc. to hand out to people to balance the karma scales

jbug617

Banned
Might have to get Ryse at $25. Was hoping to get it cheaper so might wait just because of my already growing backlog.

Still in disbelief of the Xbox One prices. When the Microsoft store error occurred I snuck in because I was positive it wouldnt be cheaper by the time Sunset and MCC were out. But here we are.

I have hope for Microsoft Store to have decent deals for games.

Amir0x

Banned
Hmm did I not state that? There are 3 PS4 bundle options at Walmart for BF. Standalone, GTAV bundle, and GTAV bundle with 2 more games.

god I am blind as fuck. this is like the fifth time this week I just massively misread someone's post. I better go to an optometrist or some shit.

And per your protest, there's always next black friday? :p

Nah you shouldn't wait that long on Sunset Overdrive, just get one and buy like 5 copies of The Swapper, Rogue Legacy etc. to hand out to people to balance the karma scales

Forza Horizon 2 as well. I played it for a while at my friends house and I was just in heaven.

Maybe...maybe I will get one. 339 + 30 GC with MCC? Oh god my principles :(

Wynnebeck

Banned
lots of those games are cheaper at best buy, plus the added 20% off anyone who picked up the GCU is probably better off there for games. The bundles are good here though

Has BB even dropped their Black Friday a yet? I highly doubt GCU members are going to be able to take advantage of the 20% off when were already getting 50-75% games already.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I'm having trouble loading higher res of the photos, so forgive me if I'm wrong or blind, but is that The Last of Us for PS4 for 20 bucks?
I think that's the PS3 version. But, if you want the PS4 digital version, it's $25 at BoxedDeal right now: http://slickdeals.net/f/7337898-the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4-digital-download-25

Has BB even dropped their Black Friday a yet? I highly doubt GCU members are going to be able to take advantage of the 20% off when were already getting 50-75% games already.
GCU stacks with sale prices. It's not that crazy for what is supposed to be a $120 membership, especially when you consider the fact that it's 20% off the sale price, not the MSRP.

It will stack as long as it's not price matched. They need to state otherwise if that's not the case.

B.O.O.M

Walmart was the craziest place I've been to for black friday. One guy was standing real close next to the covered pallet deals and made a threat that he had a boxcutter on him.

haha holy shit

it was a walmart that once had that lady who sprayed pepper spray to grab a xbox or something too right? insane

I'm really really hoping amazon comes through this year

Wario did a good shot of the games in the ad

You can view the ad as a pdf and get pictures that way

15770733745_f83579ecb0_o.png

15772294722_d0304fd01a_o.png

god I am blind as fuck. this is like the fifth time this week I just massively misread someone's post. I better go to an optometrist or some shit.

No worries. Easy mistake to make :)

Forza Horizon 2 as well. I played it for a while at my friends house and I was just in heaven.

Maybe...maybe I will get one. 339 + 30 GC with MCC? Oh god my principles :(

The only other option I can think of is buying one used?

Celestia

what did they do?

They had BF3 for half off right after it came out. They didn't bother telling anyone they only had 8 copies though and thousands of people must have showed up. No tickets, no lines, just several pallets for of items on sale. People were yelling, lying, and 5 minutes before the sale was supposed to begin, someone started ripping the plastic off the pallet things and everyone took that as a sign to go apeshit. It was messy and ultimately not worth it.

The one hour thing sounds nice but eh.

Top Bottom