• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want to give a very big thank you to the Ryse team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share with you guys this really awesome thing the Ryse team is doing for me. As some of you are already aware, I recently had to cancel my Xbox One pre-order due to a major loss in my family. This meant not just canceling my day one edition of the console itself, but also any games I pre-ordered along with it, Ryse being among them. I don't have to tell anyone here how excited I am about Ryse.

Well, to my complete surprise, today I get contacted by a Producer on the game, and in addition to offering up some very kind and much appreciated words for the loss in my family, they tell me that they're sending me a copy of the game, and a limited edition numbered run of a book based on the game. And if that wasn't already awesome enough as it is, they'll be putting their signatures on it also!

Here's a picture taken by the producer prior to the signatures.

y1kuTW7.jpg

Now, obviously this means a hell of a lot to me for the simple fact that I'm surprised just how considerate they were to take the time to even do this for me in the first place, but it means even more because I'm also a really big collector. The fact that they signed this for me is just amazing... I can't put it into words. I should also be getting it this Friday. It's being delivered by FedEx. I've already been provided with the tracking info.

So, in short, I thank you guys. I really appreciate this. You guys kick ass! I thought about just dropping this in the official Xbox One Launch thread, but then I changed my mind because I thought it deserved a thread of its own. They preferred to be anonymous, but I just really wanted to share this.

efeman

Banned
Sorry for your loss, but that's really cool!

Edit: For all the garbage that gets thrown out in this industry for whatever stupid reasons, it's really nice to see these little kind acts.

I don't care what people say, Crytek is awesome all around. This only re-affirms the notion.

Crysis is the best FPS franchise around these days.

hwateber

Congrats! You're definitely the biggest Ryse supporter around so if the team was to send this to anyone, it's great that it was you.

DigitalOp

Banned
That's wonderful Crytek! Fantastic guys over there!
My condolences OP! May things get better for you!

Love seeing this stuff in the gaming community!

Awesome! Despite any complaints people might have against their games, Crytek are undoubtedly an extremely talented, dedicated bunch... even if they do make my graphics card seem worthless with every new release!

Great move, couldn't land with a better recipient. Hope you get the console when you can and get in there!

Just need another MS lurker to FedEx something a bit bigger in a two tone black finish now to complete the set!

IRQ

Banned
Sorry for you loss bro. Hang in there.
May they you lost rest in peace and harmony.
Really happy for you about the game.
Thanks alot Crytek for doing this for him. This mean alot to us.

Thanks for the kind words, you guys. The last 24 hours have been a bit of a nightmare, but this has put a really big smile on my face today. At the start of my day, I thought the sole highlight was going to be that the new South Park episode on the console war was airing, and now there's this pretty cool news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom