• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Cast Officially Revealed

Oppo

I have faith in Duncan Jones. Guy definitely knows what he is doing.

If this had been a Brett Ratner joint or somesuch I'd think it was doomed to fromage. But Jones has proved himself twice over now.

proccor

Neo Member
It's happening?

bpjyJfC.gif

Yes, it is.

NeoGash

Please just kill WoW so we can have a good game, Warcraft 4. F'ing Blizzard, WoW is so bad and has been for years, and it looks like you'll never continue WC3. Such a shame, as I happen to belive WC3 was their greatest game ever and still is. I can play it today just as easily as I could over a decade ago, and it has aged perfectly well.

Dat milk though.

Also, I almost hope this movie bombs hardcore.

Finaj

Please just kill WoW so we can have a good game, Warcraft 4. F'ing Blizzard, WoW is so bad and has been for years, and it looks like you'll never continue WC3. Such a shame, as I happen to belive WC3 was their greatest game ever and still is. I can play it today just as easily as I could over a decade ago, and it has aged perfectly well.

Dat milk though.

The Warcraft 3 team is currently working on the last SC2 expansion and Heroes of the Storm. Don't expect WC4 until those games are complete.

Loxley

Added photos of the cast to the OP.

Dat milk though.

What the fuck? Why would you ever want that? Just to spite Blizzard?

Brick

Dat milk though.

6a01156f72691f970c017ee9e5d474970d-pi

If there was any film I'd love to be an extra in, it would be this one. I couldn't be Alliance though. And while my heart are with the Tauren... not sure how he's handling that. I definitely could rock an orc.

Bizazedo

I don't recognize any of the actors. I expect near Uwe Boll levels of bad.

Paula Patton was in Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol and a couple of other big, recent movies. She's also ridiculously hot and alone almost tempted me to see Baggage Claim.

Foster is very well known and been in actual good movies.

Kazinsky was originally going to be in The Hobbit trilogy as one of the dwarves, but dropped out. He was the asshole son in Pacific Rim and is apparently on True Blood. Known dude, in other words.

Honestly, they did a good job of hitting known people who also weren't exorbitantly expensive.

Fjordson

Me too, especially on the looks. Because the art direction of the games is really rather silly and I don't think audiences would take it seriously.
It'll mostly likely be reminiscent of the CGI movies Blizzard has done for WoW. More realistic looking and grittier than the in-game art.

Dat milk though.

What a bizarre post. Why would you want the movie to bomb? :lol Even if it's a quality film?

And WoW is still great. Not Blizzard's fault that it still hasn't been topped.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Dat milk though.

You know nothing Jo... NeoGash. WoW isn't bad, you're just mad that the franchise is MMO now instead of RTS.

Also lol at people saying this movie will suck because they don't know the actors. Do you guys think having Bruce Willis, Tom Cruise and Christian Bale would make the movie better or what?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Of course, the director of Moon is like Uwe Boll cos you don't recognize a couple of relatively known actors l

if you don't recognize Duncan Jones for what he did, then you know nothing about movies.
Because an acclaimed director has never made a crap movie....

And other people here have also said they believe it will be a stinker. Not sure why so much hostility against me. I said the movie will probably be Uwe Boll levels of bad but I never compared the director himself to Uwe Boll, btw.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I don't have faith in most movies based off games, especially one based off Warcraft.

Bisnic

Because an acclaimed director has never made a crap movie....

And other people here have also said they believe it will be a stinker. Not sure why so much hostility against me. I said the movie will probably be Uwe Boll levels of bad but I never compared the director himself to Uwe Boll, btw.

Your post gave the impression that "I dont know these guys = It's going to suck", which is hilarious by the way.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Your post gave the impression that "I dont know these guys = It's going to suck", which is hilarious by the way.
No, that's not what I meant.

I'd still think this movie would be a stinker even if a director and actors I liked were part of it.

kyser73

Moon & Source Code are two golf the best SF movies of the last few years, so I have higher hopes for this than if it were Boller's by the numbers routine (although tragically I do love the RE movies, if only for Mila).

Imtey

Banned
Im sure im not the only one who recognized the bottom guy from Eastenders lol.

Cmon GAF own up, dont be ashamed :p

Bisnic

I never played the first Warcraft game. Was Thrall in there? If he doesn't have his usual voice in the movie, it's going to be weird. I wonder what they'll do since even the orcs are played by actors.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ben Foster was great in 3:10 to Yuma, he practically stole the movie from Crowe and Bale. I have to admit, this Warcraft movie holds promise. I just hope they can deliver....

Banned
Ben Foster, now that the pic is up I do know him from contraband and Xmen and the mechanic. Awesome.

Ithil

I never played the first Warcraft game. Was Thrall in there? If he doesn't have his usual voice in the movie, it's going to be weird. I wonder what they'll do since even the orcs are played by actors.

Thrall hasn't been born by the time of the first game. He doesn't appear until Warcraft 3.

Wonder how much they might screw this up
Like every real video game (not including Wrek it...) related movies

Should be a high budger CG movie in my opinion like BeauWolf and TinTin

Enosh

- Orcs won't be monsters, they'll have just as much personality as the humans
well, first war ends with the destruction of stormwind and the killing and rape of all it's inhabitants by and alien invasion force (the orcs)

can't wait to see how they white wash that bit of history

do I need to spoiler tag this? it is an old game but not everyone interested in the movie might have played it so...

wrongway

Huh, I didn't know this was still a thing.

With Duncan Jones at the helm, could this actually be good? I'm dangerously close to being excited. :x

Top Bottom