• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe goes open world, gets social hub, day/night cycle, flying, more

derFeef

They've definitely upped the difficulty over time. Enemy fire is more accurate, sometimes minibosses will spawn in during alerts, and more nullifier (power negating bubbles) and eximus units (elites) throughout. But you also have a lot more mobility you can use in defense, and more status based weapons you can utilize (to proc fire, viral, corrosive, etc.)

In the meanwhile Trinity's link (damage reflection) can really turn the tide. Energy vampire can keep you juiced up at all times, and well timed Blessings can keep you in the fight.

Yeah I am not using her abilites well I geuss.
Also I am currently getting disconnected all the time so I can't make any progress :-(

Yeah I am not using her abilites well I geuss.
Also I am currently getting disconnected all the time so I can't make any progress :-(

I haven't played for a while, but I remember Rhino + Tonker being enough to get you through most content, while still being relatively easy to acquire. May have changed, so YMMV. Frost is good to have for defense missions.

In the end, everything slowly gets stronger through grinding. So you may just be too weak to progress at the moment.

Is there a way, in game, to see how I can get blueprints and resoruces for a specific warframe?

No, but the Wikia is kind of the core companion of the game. They're working on making the in-universe codex better so you're not tabbing out so often.

I haven't played for a while, but I remember Rhino + Tonker being enough to get you through most content, while still being relatively easy to acquire. May have changed, so YMMV. Frost is good to have for defense missions.

In the end, everything slowly gets stronger through grinding. So you may just be too weak to progress at the moment.

Unfortunately the Tonkor now deals self-damage if you're too close to the explosion so most people don't use it. But Rhino is a solid pick.

derFeef

No, but the Wikia is kind of the core companion of the game. They're working on making the in-universe codex better so you're not tabbing out so often.

Oh, okay, thanks! I am replaying/unlocking missions from the beginning to get a good sense of the mechanics again. I am still missing my Loki though, no idea where that went... Also having fun with that Paris bow again, it's my second msot used weapon it seems after Snipetron. Shotgun seems fun too though ;)

I am playing solo, but does the game scale if there are more players?

What's the time delay between PC and console release? Like 21 came out two weeks ago on PC but console is 20.6. I ask not just because I really want to play as Harrow but also to figure out if PoE and Sacrifice will hit console this year (believe Sacrifice is coming after PoE and PoE is supposedly hitting PC this year).

VariantX

What's the time delay between PC and console release? Like 21 came out two weeks ago on PC but console is 20.6. I ask not just because I really want to play as Harrow but also to figure out if PoE and Sacrifice will hit console this year (believe Sacrifice is coming after PoE and PoE is supposedly hitting PC this year).

It's not a fixed length of time. Sometimes we can see stuff updated for consoles within two weeks, other times it can be as long as six weeks. It all depends on what DE wants the console builds to look like. For example, they've added a new foilage system debuting in the earth tilset remaster that's unintentionally bringing low end PC's to their knees. Steve (One of the senior devs, usually known for wearing pink shorts sometimes) said its on track to be ironed out with a week of his last twitter post. They likely want that or any other major bugs fixed before shipping any console builds to cert.

Sitris

Unfortunately the Tonkor now deals self-damage if you're too close to the explosion so most people don't use it. But Rhino is a solid pick.
That's why I was dying!!! I jumped back in and my go to build that I used to run early last year was basicly useless.... And I couldn't work out why. Guess that's what is causing me to die even when iron skinned. What are people using these days as a primary?

That's why I was dying!!! I jumped back in and my go to build that I used to run early last year was basicly useless.... And I couldn't work out why. Guess that's what is causing me to die even when iron skinned. What are people using these days as a primary?

Bunch of things. Tenora, Soma (and its Prime), Scourge, Sybaris and its variants, Tigris and its variants, Hek/Vaykor Hek, Ferrox, Dread, Amprex.

I am playing solo, but does the game scale if there are more players?

The game will spawn more enemies in relation to the number of players.

Can I transfer my PS4 data to PC? I'm afraid to ask.

No. You're probably going to be sticking with whatever platform you start the game on, as there probably won't ever be data transfer in the future.

It varies, but its usually around a month. PoE might introduce some interesting certification challenges though, it's hard to say exactly what might happen.

Holy crap guys... This changes EVERYTHING!!!!

I just had a flipping revelation!

I'm freaking out.

7MeXa.gif

SexyFish

Banned
You know, with Warframe's success, I really want an actual Dark Sector sequel to be made.

I know I'm the only one.

I'm on Xbox one...I tried this game out a year ago and couldn't get through the first questline (Vor). I've since gone back after watching the TennoCon footage....pretty hyped. I just finished Vor's quest and am ready to get started on really upgrading my frame and finding new weapons. Seems like a clan is a good thing to join. Sadly, I don't see any active GAF xbox clans. There's this thread, Warframe Xbox One Clan/Discussion Thread but it looks to be dead. Since this seems to be the current "hot" Warframe thread, I thought I'd see if there are any fellow xbox players, and/or any open/chill clans. XBL GT: Macjester

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You know, with Warframe's success, I really want an actual Dark Sector sequel to be made.

I know I'm the only one.

Actually wasnt the original concepts of Dark Sector pretty much Warframe till they went and changed it to what became Dark Sector? Then after that we got Warframe.

Granted it wouldnt make sense for them to do it, would be nice if they did a full SP story campaign in the Warframe universe.

Found the old vid of the original concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr1DCQNyg4

Actually wasnt the original concepts of Dark Sector pretty much Warframe till they went and changed it to what became Dark Sector? Then after that we got Warframe.

Granted it wouldnt make sense for them to do it, would be nice if they did a full SP story campaign in the Warframe universe.

Found the old vid of the original concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr1DCQNyg4

Yeah I remember that concept. The base level Tenno (forgot the name) design is pretty much ripped right from Dark Sector (dont you get the full suit later in the game?)

Unrelated question. Can you unlock new warframes just from in-game currency and resources? or will you always hit a wall where you have to pay?

"Every Warframe and every weapon is 100% obtainable for free though playing the game, no premium currency required."

Yup. You can't even buy Prime Warframes with real money unless they're recently released or otherwise time limited offers (though you can use the premium currency to trade for the parts with other players).

There is no paywall in the game, at all, at any point, whatsoever. One can argue Warframe/Weapon slots are limiting, but you can earn premium currency by trading with other players to buy those and they don't require much of it.

Except one but that affects around 98% of the player base :/

Hopefully the new variant will be able to fill that hole somewhat.

I'd be more bothered by that if Excalibur Prime was an upgrade over base Excalibur, but since he's basically just a premium skin I don't really count it as part of the Warframe lineup.

DeaDPo0L84

just started playing, on the second mission to liberate arms dealer and it seems impossible to get matched up with anyone. Its not really fun by myself 😡

Freeman76

just started playing, on the second mission to liberate arms dealer and it seems impossible to get matched up with anyone. Its not really fun by myself 😡

Its better on your own. Team up with ppl and you usually get XxSnIpeZxx running 2 maps in front and extracting before you even pull your weapon out and get a shot off.

Its better on your own. Team up with ppl and you usually get XxSnIpeZxx running 2 maps in front and extracting before you even pull your weapon out and get a shot off.
Yeah, in the early going running solo really helped me learn the ins and outs of the game, explore and experiment, without other players barreling through the level at light speed and ending the mission. There is stuff to find for those who want to take the time to really look around and take each level in.

The way Warframe is set up there is always a reason for players, even players with a dozen maxed frames and tons of weapons who have played for years to run through some of those early missions, which means you could be paired up with players that know the tileset in their sleep and can run through and decimate damn near anything. So going solo when you can is a good thing.

And the more you gain in power and options the more missions will become viable to play solo if you want to keep going that way. Most of my time is spend soloing, except for the missions that really require a team (interceptions, high level defense and survival missions, some nightmare missions).

Yeah, in the early going running solo really helped me learn the ins and outs of the game, explore and experiment, without other players barreling through the level at light speed and ending the mission. There is stuff to find for those who want to take the time to really look around and take each level in.
I would say that the best approach is a mix of solo and playing with randoms, because you also want to be seeing what experienced players do and learning from them.

Freeman76

I would say that the best approach is a mix of solo and playing with randoms, because you also want to be seeing what experienced players do and learning from them.

Except yoy cant because they are 5 rooms ahead of you finishing off the level without a care in the world for their teammates.

Except yoy cant because they are 5 rooms ahead of you finishing off the level without a care in the world for their teammates.

Hahaha. Yeah, that happened to me before I found a control scheme that let me fly around the levels like Batman and Spider-Man had a baby.

Anyway, I'd recommend solo for learning and taking in the maps and story and such and then multiplayer when you want to grind.

I generally like to do the new levels solo for the first time so I don't miss anything and look like a dunce when doing it co-op.

Except for group centric stuff like defense or excavation missions. Oh, and Fissures.

Laiza

I know this isn't an actual planned feature, but damn watching someone play as the Stalker is incredibly funny with all the crazy and ridiculous hijinks he gets up to! Getting serious Dark Souls invader vibes from this. I would've loved to be in the party where the stalker suddenly runs off and tries to assassinate the rescue target or destroy the cryopod. I could not control my laughter watching it happen in the video!

Hmm can't decide between Valkyr or Banshee for an Atterax and Burston Prime build. Building both frames now which ever I like more Ill get their prime version.

VandalD

Hmm can't decide between Valkyr or Banshee for an Atterax and Burston Prime build. Building both frames now which ever I like more Ill get their prime version.
I think that'll come down to whether you like the Atterax or the Burston Prime more, as Valkyr is much more suited to melee than Banshee, and Banshee has her Sonar power that multiplies damage into ridiculous. Sonar can work with melee, but it's much easier to aim at weak points with a gun. Anyways, you're doing the right thing by trying both.

Calabi

I know this isn't an actual planned feature, but damn watching someone play as the Stalker is incredibly funny with all the crazy and ridiculous hijinks he gets up to! Getting serious Dark Souls invader vibes from this. I would've loved to be in the party where the stalker suddenly runs off and tries to assassinate the rescue target or destroy the cryopod. I could not control my laughter watching it happen in the video!

But they did say they were going to implement it in some way, as a choice for some players at least. Their not going to let a cool feature like that go to waste.

VandalD

Will this update be free? Also do you we know a launch date for this update?
Update will be free. Heard they're targeting late summer for PC, but they're not making any promises. It'll be on PC first, and then I think for consoles it can be anywhere between two weeks to a month before it comes out there.

Akainu

Started playing this chose Mag. Are all the running animations this bad? Not to mention the running toggling just feels weird.

forrest

formerly nacire
Having an Amazon Prime account giving me access to Twitch Prime loot and with the recent open world announcement, I decided to download this and check it out. I got an in game email saying I needed to link my Twitch account to receive the bonus loot, but I already did so. The in game prompt in the message directed me to my browser where I did it again, but still no loot.

Does anyone know what I have to do to get the bonus loot to show up in my equipment list? I thought maybe I needed to buy the slots for the items, but according to the forums you get the slots free with the items.

XaosWolf

Having an Amazon Prime account giving me access to Twitch Prime loot and with the recent open world announcement, I decided to download this and check it out. I got an in game email saying I needed to link my Twitch account to receive the bonus loot, but I already did so. The in game prompt in the message directed me to my browser where I did it again, but still no loot.

Does anyone know what I have to do to get the bonus loot to show up in my equipment list? I thought maybe I needed to buy the slots for the items, but according to the forums you get the slots free with the items.

Have you logged into Twitch and clicked the little crown at the top? It should take you to the Twitch Prime rewards page where you can get the link to your loot.

If you've already linked you Warframe account to Twitch then it should confirm and then they'll be in your armoury when you next log in.

forrest

formerly nacire
Have you logged into Twitch and clicked the little crown at the top? It should take you to the Twitch Prime rewards page where you can get the link to your loot.

If you've already linked you Warframe account to Twitch then it should confirm and then they'll be in your armoury when you next log in.

Yeah, I've done all of those steps which caused a message in my inbox to appear when logging in. The message stated there was some "Fourth Wall" keeping me from my loot and it included a link that takes you to your browser to link your accounts. I then linked my account again. Logged out and back in. Still no loot. I've done this process multiple times now to no avail.

*edit - okay used IE instead of Chrome and got it to work.

VariantX

Started playing this chose Mag. Are all the running animations this bad? Not to mention the running toggling just feels weird.

Piece of advice get to venus and farm rhino parts as quickly as you can. It'll save you headaches.

Piece of advice for everyone, don't pick Mag because Mag parts are very easy to get and they're available relatively early, compared to volt and excal, who have way more hoops to jump through.

Lork

It's been a long time since I bothered with Mag so I don't know if they changed the animations or anything, but no. One of the biggest reasons I got into this game despite its many flaws is that it absolutely nails the basics, with guns that feel satisfying to shoot, good hit reactions and feedback from the enemies, and slick animations that make every action feel great to perform, including a good run/walk cycle that keeps you "grounded" in the world.

If you don't like sprinting being a toggle, change it to work when the button is held in the options.

Top Bottom