• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update live:

OPERATION ARID FEAR: ON NOW!

New Grineer Settlements have been discovered -- your help is needed to unlock them!

Tenno, the following steps must be taken to complete Operation Arid Fear:

1) Play special "Datamass" and "Cipher" Alerts to collect these components

2) Buy a Corpus Void Key blueprint from the Market for credits.

3) Craft the Void Key using the "Datamass" and "Cipher" components collected from the Special Alerts.

4) Enter the Void, Capture the target.

Once each capture is complete, you and every Tenno in the mission will receive a point. Diligence is key. Capture as many Scouts as possible. We will track your progress and notify you when we have acquired all of the necessary information to piece together the exact location of the Settlements.

And a new weapon:

xQKBq2g.png

IUzPdt7.png

Video here.

Bombless

Bah, an operation in the middle of a 9 nights work week :(

I haven't been able to log in at all these days but I'll try to sneak in tomorrow and put the new barracks to build. Will need you guys for the ressources though, I'm bled dry and couldn't farm anything lately.

Kick ass with the op!

Flipyap

Four of us were on earlier and did a run of both alerts and then the void area. You just missed all the fun.
iWvRZB5fF4S0N.jpg

Fig. A - "Fun"

It's actually a pleasant, super simple event, but the way they tried to make Corpus levels look "special" because they take place in the Void makes you feel like your eyes are going to explode if you stay there for one more minute.

Did one of the two "qualifying" missions, waiting for the other one to show up.

And man, I had the worst lagging match ever. Everything was basically unhitabble it kept jumping around so much. So I ended up relying almost solely on Vauban's shock grenades, figuring they would probably end up hitting things for me. Luckily, it was a defense mission, so I could "mine" the three main pathways to the artifact and be relatively sure the jumpy laggy mess of enemies would pass past them.

Flipyap

Storm Barracks set up in the basement, turn left when exiting the elevator. Only needs ferrite to initiate build.
Took me FOREVER to find it, but I dumped my ferrite on your doorstep. I guess we can start inviting people in 23 hours 55 minutes (amazing) ... (assuming they haven't gotten bored of the clanless game in the meantime)

Oh, and one more thing...
What kind of operation are we running here?! I thought this was supposed to be the most ninjalike dojo!

So update to the event https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93311-operation-arid-fear-escalation-last-stand/

Tenno,

Phase One of Operation Arid fear is nearing completion, and it has been revealed that the Settlements are hidden deeper than we expected. The Corpus are dispatching reinforcements for the next phase.

Though the Grineer Settlements remain hidden, we have discovered the Corpus were stockpiling new Dual-Stat Mod technology within the Void. Tenno operatives will receive these rewards based on their contribution:

1 Point: SHRED MOD (Rare)
50 Points: VIGOR MOD (Rare) + Shred
100 Points: LETHAL TORRENT (Rare) + Vigor + Shred

6ntVxlf.png

As great as Lethal Torrent is, idk if I can stomach the grind to get it. And since drop rates are screwy again (getting 3k salvage doing 15 rounds of IO and 141 plastids for a raid on saturn) I think I'll probably spend my time stocking up on materials. Also fyi mod drops are screwed too (way too many sentinel, fast hands and ammo drum mods right now)

Flipyap

So update to the event https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93311-operation-arid-fear-escalation-last-stand/

6ntVxlf.png

As great as Lethal Torrent is, idk if I can stomach the grind to get it. And since drop rates are screwy again (getting 3k salvage doing 15 rounds of IO and 141 plastids for a raid on saturn) I think I'll probably spend my time stocking up on materials. Also fyi mod drops are screwed too (way too many sentinel, fast hands and ammo drum mods right now)
They went waaay overboard with the amount of points required. The best reward is reserved only for the most dedicated pro poopsockers, and I guess that makes sense, but even the lower tiers are pretty considerable time investments... I guess their reasoning might have been that having an active, large clan can decrease the number of missions required to get them (from 3 for a chance to get 3-5 points). Must be nice to have that.

metalshade

Well, all this new stuff looks great, the new Arid fear operation and its rewards look good.
Shame I am seriously considering quitting the game.
For a while now I have had an issue where I can't be invited to peoples games.
MightyKAC and I just spent 30mins trying to get me to join him.
I have googled and looked at the forums etc.
I have no NAT issues.
I have no internet issues.
But everytime a clan member or a friend on my friendlist invites me to a game, I get a Session Unavailable screen.
I can Host just fine though.
No solutions to my problem anywhere.
I think I am done, unless DE fixes it someday.

Thanks for your help Mighty BTW.

Giran

So halfway into the event they reveal that they have an awesome reward that you're not going to get unless you've been doing the event since the beginning. This is such bullshit.

MightyKAC

Well, all this new stuff looks great, the new Arid fear operation and its rewards look good.
Shame I am seriously considering quitting the game.
For a while now I have had an issue where I can't be invited to peoples games.
MightyKAC and I just spent 30mins trying to get me to join him.
I have googled and looked at the forums etc.
I have no NAT issues.
I have no internet issues.
But everytime a clan member or a friend on my friendlist invites me to a game, I get a Session Unavailable screen.
I can Host just fine though.
No solutions to my problem anywhere.
I think I am done, unless DE fixes it someday.

Thanks for your help Mighty BTW.

Yeah, today was pretty damn frustrating, all things considered. The match making was hit and miss even after you left. And even if they fix the issue I'm really not feeling the idea of grinding that mission 20-30 times more. So I figure I'll take a little breather, let these guys work the kinks out of their game, and the start again fresh another day. And if you do ever decide to take another crack at it Metalshade let me know.

I'll roll with you any time bro.

Well, judging from what I've read, sounds like this event was a train wreck. Maybe it's a good thing I'm out of town, haha!

Would definitely like to have those mods though...

Flipyap

Well, judging from what I've read, sounds like this event was a train wreck. Maybe it's a good thing I'm out of town, haha!

Would definitely like to have those mods though...
The event's just fine*, it's only those "secret" rewards that are out of reach for most of us (I thought we were just doing this for some holographic toy).

So, it's not such a good thing, since you'd easily get all the rewards, as you tend to do. ;)

* - except for the part where it, in typical Digital Extremes' Game Design Savant fashion, encourages mindless rushing through the missions, preferably with everyone going in separate directions. Co-op, mother fuckers.

SaintR

Hey guys sorry for not joining you guys yesterday. Still getting use to checking clan chat.
On that topic, just need a general info on what can members can do for the clan. I read some of the wiki but would like to hear fron time guys. Like which resources we most need etc.
Thanks again.

Bombless

Hey guys sorry for not joining you guys yesterday. Still getting use to checking clan chat.
On that topic, just need a general info on what can members can do for the clan. I read some of the wiki but would like to hear fron time guys. Like which resources we most need etc.
Thanks again.

Edit : PSA : If you plan on building any of the research lab weapons hurry up and grab the blueprints (and those of the research components you need to manufacture). The latest patch completely changed the way the dojo is laid out and room access/size. We don't have to tear everything down but apparently since all the rooms/corridors have switched over it might not be compatible with the grid version we use.

If that is the case we will need to destroy every single room (which has a time duration) and then rebuild everything (the ressources are given back 100% HOWEVER the build time is NOT instant (so we will be set back for a few days at the least).

I'll be waiting on Saavedro to return and then we'll see what we'll do. That's just as well, I suspect there will be bugs with the new grid that need to be squashed anyway.

We don't really need anything at the moment, the dojo has everything we need (ie all labs had their research projects completed, all you need is to buy the blueprints and build your stuff!).

In general if there are things to be build it takes all kinds of ressources + Formas + credits.

Make sure to build your dojo key, blueprint is in the market.

SaintR

We don't really need anything at the moment, the dojo has everything we need (ie all labs had their research projects completed, all you need is to buy the blueprints and build your stuff!).

In general if there are things to be build it takes all kinds of ressources + Formas + credits.

Make sure to build your dojo key, blueprint is in the market.
Thanks bomb didn't even know about the dojo key.

Bombless

I've updated my previous post with details about the new grid system for the dojo.

In short, grab all the plans you need as we might lose access to the labs for a few days in the near future.

Raxum

So, just started playing again recently, hopefully the rewards for the weekend operation become readily available as drops after the operation (if they aren't already available?). They seem pretty powerful, but I'd like to be able to get some and upgrade them, but I couldn't afford the time investment to get to 100, or even 50 points for that matter.

Any idea when the dual mods might be available as drops?

Bombless

So, just started playing again recently, hopefully the rewards for the weekend operation become readily available as drops after the operation (if they aren't already available?). They seem pretty powerful, but I'd like to be able to get some and upgrade them, but I couldn't afford the time investment to get to 100, or even 50 points for that matter.

Any idea when the dual mods might be available as drops?

I suspect they will be added to the Nightmare mode rewards. I'm not too worried about them to be honest, and the best in my eyes is the Rifle mod anyway.

Woohoo, finally got my Hate :D now I can be cool like the rest of you and run around with a scythe :p

Man the drops are so weird this weekend, BPs are dropping consistently off bosses but its almost always the same one, making farming for new frames terrible. Mods/cores are also buggy as well where the same few common mods continue to drop but there are nearly no cores or variety in the mod drops. On the other hand, materials are dropping like candy, getting 3k salvage in 10 rounds of IO seems easy and 1500 ferrite on a Earth Mobile defense is pretty common as well. Hell, I'm easily getting ~150 plastids during a Saturn boss run :D And don't get me started on Nanospores (8k for 15 rounds on Xini...)

Raxum

I suspect they will be added to the Nightmare mode rewards. I'm not too worried about them to be honest, and the best in my eyes is the Rifle mod anyway.

Speaking of Nightmare Mode, can we access that yet? That was one of the things that got me interested again.

Woohoo, finally got my Hate :D now I can be cool like the rest of you and run around with a scythe :p

Man the drops are so weird this weekend, BPs are dropping consistently off bosses but its almost always the same one, making farming for new frames terrible. Mods/cores are also buggy as well where the same few common mods continue to drop but there are nearly no cores or variety in the mod drops. On the other hand, materials are dropping like candy, getting 3k salvage in 10 rounds of IO seems easy and 1500 ferrite on a Earth Mobile defense is pretty common as well. Hell, I'm easily getting ~150 plastids during a Saturn boss run :D And don't get me started on Nanospores (8k for 15 rounds on Xini...)

Honestly, I'm not complaining about the increased resource drops, I need more resources for the stuff I'm trying to build, but I would like them to fix the mod drops. I've gotten like 20 Slash Dash mods so far and it's getting a bit ridiculous. I know I can Transmute 4 into a new random one, but the 12k cost per transmute gets a bit much.

As far as frames go, I've been getting chassis and helmet blueprints of everything, but no systems. Did they decrease the drop rates on the systems or what?

Speaking of Nightmare Mode, can we access that yet? That was one of the things that got me interested again.

Honestly, I'm not complaining about the increased resource drops, I need more resources for the stuff I'm trying to build, but I would like them to fix the mod drops. I've gotten like 20 Slash Dash mods so far and it's getting a bit ridiculous. I know I can Transmute 4 into a new random one, but the 12k cost per transmute gets a bit much.

As far as frames go, I've been getting chassis and helmet blueprints of everything, but no systems. Did they decrease the drop rates on the systems or what?

Forums seem to think BP drops are bugged right now. As for Nightmare mode, look for skulls over missions, those are the ones with Nightmare mode. It's only for a limited time though, it'll rotate to a different mission after certain amount of time (no idea how long though)

Bombless

Uranus defense is great right now, got 300+ in 10 rounds. What time are you off work, I'll farm with ya

I'll prolly log in about 2,5 hours from now, as I get back from work. Want to make a couple runs before going to bed. Or if I hold up until 11am go to the post office...but that's a big if.

I'll prolly log in about 2,5 hours from now, as I get back from work. Want to make a couple runs before going to bed. Or if I hold up until 11am go to the post office...but that's a big if.

ah might be a bit late for me then, bring a frost and you'll be fine tho

metalshade

Thanks to Bombless and Journer for restoring my faith!
They were both able to invite me successfully, and after a LOT more research, it turns out that the way Warframe's matchmaking works, it turns out that some people are just incompatible.
So I will never be able to join certain peoples groups, but that is better than nobodies lol.
Also, it seems that DE has no intention at all of doing anything about it.
After 375 hours, I think it's about time I let the rest of my Steam backlog get a look-in on my gaming time too.
Gonna cool it down a bit till the update.

Forums seem to think BP drops are bugged right now. As for Nightmare mode, look for skulls over missions, those are the ones with Nightmare mode. It's only for a limited time though, it'll rotate to a different mission after certain amount of time (no idea how long though)

It seems like they change once a day. Not completely sure, but when I was grinding out for Rhino parts, it seemed like it as there were two days I couldn't do Jackal runs because of nightmare mode being on that level.

It seems like they change once a day. Not completely sure, but when I was grinding out for Rhino parts, it seemed like it as there were two days I couldn't do Jackal runs because of nightmare mode being on that level.

o god, I remember when nightmare mode first came out and I decided that that was the day I needed neurodes (i think?) from jackal, not realizing it was nightmare mode...fighting a lvl 80 jackal was not fun, took like 10 minutes to kill the damn thing, never again haha

Patch 9.5.2 is out (fixing Chassis drops)https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94214-hotfix-952/
Hotfix 9.5.2

- Fixed UI becoming non-functional when attempting to view Solar Landmark.
- Fixed inability to reload Twin Gremlins while sprinting.
- Fixed boss drop tables. A blueprint will no longer drop 100% of the time being a “Chassis”. Every Blueprint has a chance to drop, but you may not get a blueprint every time.
Please see DE_Steve’s post regarding Drop Tables 2.0, issues we are working on, and how Fusion Cores and Mods fit into this. https://forums.warfr...drop-tables-20/
- Fixed issues with the Transmutation feature. Users were unable to see or use mods resulting from Transmutation. Inventories also became unstable if a Transmuted mod resided within. A script will be run to correct the inventories of players who had been affected.
- Fixed Ogris charge sound effect playing randomly when it wasn't being charged.
- Fixed being able to parry while ziplining.
- Fixed appearance of Ether weapons. Our weapons manufacturer apologizes for the defective translucency in the 9.5 model.
- Fixed rare loss of functionality that could occur when leaving/being disconnected from a session while in the main menu.
- Buffs to Orthos Prime, Slightly faster, bit higher base damage. Longer reach.
- Fixes for gameplay crashes.
- Fixed custom colours not applying to Miter saw blades or boomerang.

Haven't tested it yet but no mention about cores dropping yet, but at least now I can finish farming frames :)

As for drop table changes
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94177-drop-tables-20/
Warframe friends-

The crusty Titans of the old RNG have been defeated by new RNG Gods. Update 9.5 (with subsequent adjustments coming in the next hot-fix) features a completely new loot table implementation.

OLD: Per-faction massive table with hundreds of entries of varying rarities.

NEW: Per-enemy table with half a dozen entries of varying rarities.

Yes, rare Mods are still rare. Yes, we still are tuning values (it's raining Chassis blueprints)! No, farming Xini will not yield every Mod in the game anymore... you gotta mix it up.

Thanks for your patience as we tune the new system!

ISSUES WE ARE WORKING ON:
-Blueprint and Resource drops from bosses is out of wack.
-Some UI to learn this stuff.
-Fusion Cores rarity.
-Proper attenuation for harder enemies dropping rarer stuff.
Each enemy type has a chance to drop from a small set of Mods. If that enemy is high in level, the probabilities of uncommon and rare drops are increased.

No more Xini farming for all mods now though Steve also said in the thread that they're working on a bestiary type thing for the lore section that should show what mods drop off what monsters

Frologic

They went waaay overboard with the amount of points required. The best reward is reserved only for the most dedicated pro poopsockers, and I guess that makes sense, but even the lower tiers are pretty considerable time investments... I guess their reasoning might have been that having an active, large clan can decrease the number of missions required to get them (from 3 for a chance to get 3-5 points). Must be nice to have that.

It only took me about 2 hours to get to 100. If you had a group of players willing to share their keys with you and a volt, each run took about less than 5 minutes. Always have 4 players

Flipyap

It only took me about 2 hours to get to 100. If you had a group of players willing to share their keys with you and a volt, each run took about less than 5 minutes. Always have 4 players
Good for you?

Personally, I'd give them all of the world's platinum supplies to never get matched with a Volt. The way speed works now is absolutely obnoxious and it's basically a "playing the game is a huge fucking waste of time, so let's just skip to the end" button.
I don't understand how any designer/artist could be okay with this. #DEmysteries

Flipyap

Dear Saavedro,

Greetings from the sunny Phobos.
It is rad.

XOXO
Wish you were here

New sights to see! New things to murder! (simple three-way battles with local fauna)
iFttSFSU1mvyJ.jpg
ib0YVDLpS6P3CJ.jpg

Stuff in the sky! Stuff in the sand!
ib0AbAOsYDybAU.jpg
i4JyJJ2jypbaH.jpg

ibhkVWXOsNJFTG.jpg
iIi6cvl26TTxN.jpg

i0FY1J29gjDcP.jpg
ib26jb3GeVuFQk.jpg

ik0h98x4YSM2w.jpg
ipnMZkIoRav55.jpg

ilsvTwIOrbcd5.jpg
iG0C6iF5iQSYv.jpg

iWFEa1uQ5WVH8.jpg
iH6bE82wlVNMA.jpg

iblN6dZb7Hx5PA.jpg
iZotSZkIzJRrv.jpg

itHmANHFXmYmX.jpg
ibyxgxnTksbMG.jpg

il7bTna1wjZLg.jpg
inlFGMDkba9Dm.jpg

metalshade

Ok, new bug.
All of 8 of my large health restores have just...vanished from my inventory.
They were all in my equipment slots, I had 8 restores, one in each slot, now they are all gone from the slots and my inventory.
This happened at the start of the Arid fear operation.

I don't like this new planet primarily due to how many rescue missions there are and how long it takes to baby the hostage to extraction.

But this place makes for a fantastic rubedo farm.

Hey guys, I'm back! And with a clan emblem design to boot!

How about something kinda like this?
PlDb0EK.png

GAF logo with a fancy N hanging off.

If anyone has an idea, feel free to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom