• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipyap

I don't like this new planet primarily due to how many rescue missions there are and how long it takes to baby the hostage to extraction.
Sure, but it's not like you'll have any reason to do those missions ever again... or even to go back anywhere near that moon, unless a specific alert happens to pop up in the area (though it's much more likely to be set on some featureless corpus ship instead)

(fucking warframe...)

Hey guys, I'm back! And with a clan emblem design to boot!

How about something kinda like this?
http://i.imgur.com/PlDb0EK.png[/ IMG]

GAF logo with a fancy N hanging off.

If anyone has an idea, feel free to share![/QUOTE]
Anything colorful is a bad idea, unless everyone agrees to wear a clan uniform (which they won't).
Also consider the way they're displayed, floating in the air - splatter and pointy bits would look really messy.

Anything colorful is a bad idea, unless everyone agrees to wear a clan uniform (which they won't).
Also consider the way they're displayed, floating in the air - splatter and pointy bits would look really messy.

Hmmmm... How about something with a very mild coloration to it?

Here's something a bit more refined... I'm picturing it as if a sword sliced the N and it starts bleeding/splattering at the end of it.

mkvuXJ0.png

Flipyap

Hmmmm... How about something with a very mild coloration to it?

Here's something a bit more refined... I'm picturing it as if a sword sliced the N and it starts bleeding/splattering at the end of it.
I like the way you stylized the part of the logo inside the ball, but the blood needs to go. It just doesn't fit in with all the flowery faux-Asian hippy shit the Tenno/Orokin are so crazy about. ;)
The middle part is nicely flowery and reminiscent of the Lotus logo. That's cool, but I dunno, I think emulating the original N-ball might be a mistake. It was never a good logo to begin with and the shape is really restrictive - add too much of the Tenno flavor and it stops resembling that stupid ball.

We COULD make it a bit more zen-like by turning the ball into a moon, or something (sloppy edit incoming)

iGY8rUWCK32Tq.jpg

But that starts looking REALLY Superhero-ish and still not fancy enough. We could try stealing some decorative bits from the Orokin symbols that appear on some tilesets... but those probably have too much detail for the size of the emblem.

Giran

I just got around to checking out the new poses. Some of them look pretty damn bad. Especially Loki/Banshee, Vauban and Ash, but I pretty much prefer the old one over any of the new ones.

metalshade

Hey guys whats going on in.......ooh emblems!
I like your idea Saavedro, but I thnk Flipyap's looks more Tenno.
Im no artist though (honestly my drawings are worse than could be accomplished by a drunk duck,) so I will just look forward to proudly wearing whatever it is our more creative members can come up with.
Also, I am logging on in a few, might explore some more Grineer home base.

Bombless

I'm not sure the logo is displayed coloured anyway. I still think that as a Neogaf clan the emblem should reflect that. But I don't really care either way really.

We COULD make it a bit more zen-like by turning the ball into a moon, or something (sloppy edit incoming)

iGY8rUWCK32Tq.jpg

But that starts looking REALLY Superhero-ish and still not fancy enough. We could try stealing some decorative bits from the Orokin symbols that appear on some tilesets... but those probably have too much detail for the size of the emblem.

I actually really like that! I want just a smidgen of orange in there somewhere, then I'll be happy, hehe. I'd like it if people saw our emblem and asked, "Is that a NeoGAF clan?" :p

Is Tang gonna have to make a take on it?

Go for it!

Flipyap

I'm not sure the logo is displayed coloured anyway. I still think that as a Neogaf clan the emblem should reflect that. But I don't really care either way really.
It is. Oh, IT IS (don't ask me - warframe wikia is a strange place)

I actually really like that! I want just a smidgen of orange in there somewhere, then I'll be happy, hehe. I'd like it if people saw our emblem and asked, "Is that a NeoGAF clan?" :p
THEM TENNOES HAVE NO NEED FOR NO ORANGES! THAT SHIT'S UNNINJALIKE! LIKE COUCHES!

I'd rather come up with some kind of fancy flourish that makes it fit better next to Lotus's symbol. Right now it looks like a power icon.

wsippel

Banned
Completely missed the event and everything. Fucking tiny font in this game. I had an eye infection, had to live without contact lenses and couldn't see shit. :-/

metalshade

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Developer Livestream here at 19:00 hours BST, or 14:00 hours EDT for you crazy Americans.
Everyone come watch, they are usually funny and usually reveal (on purpose and by accident) quite a lot of information, this one will be about updates 9.5 and 10.
Also, if you are logged in to the stream you have a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes of 1000 platinum.

Flipyap

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Developer Livestream here at 19:00 hours BST, or 14:00 hours EDT for you crazy Americans.
Everyone come watch, they are usually funny and usually reveal (on purpose and by accident) quite a lot of information, this one will be about updates 9.5 and 10.
Also, if you are logged in to the stream you have a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes of 1000 platinum.
You mean, like, about Steve's crotch? Yeah, we got a rather extensive look on the last stream.

Riptwo

Is there any way to move the "Z" menu to a different location? It keeps covering up the chat window, which means that I have to decide whether I should heal or be social when playing as Trinity!

Is there any way to move the "Z" menu to a different location? It keeps covering up the chat window, which means that I have to decide whether I should heal or be social when playing as Trinity!

I wish, tho you can move the chat window (drag from the top of the chat menu)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
They should either redesign so the menu is viewable at all times, or have it a free flowing window that has an "always on top" option.

Flipyap

Played around with Flip's design a bit...

Simple:
NsgCNkz.jpg

Lotus flower + orange and grey petals:
YWpNPLH.jpg

Combo:
PMDznex.jpg
The middle one, but without the orange accent - the N should be the point of focus, not some random detail. I really like the bulbous shape containing the N. It's very appropriate.
The orange filling probably wouldn't work very well, since the whole thing is going to glow. Plus, it would require both orange and grey bits for it to read as the NeoBALL. and that completely messes up the consistency with Lotus's symbol and official holo badges.

Don't forget that it's going to have transparency and will need to work with all kinds of ridiculous warframe colors (*cough*).

ibklHJpuTp4YBJ.png

The middle one, but without the orange accent - the N should be the point of focus, not some random detail. I really like the bulbous shape containing the N. It's very appropriate.
The orange filling probably wouldn't work very well, since the whole thing is going to glow. Plus, it would require both orange and grey bits for it to read as the NeoBALL. and that completely messes up the consistency with Lotus's symbol and official holo badges.

Don't forget that it's going to have transparency and will need to work with all kinds of ridiculous warframe colors (*cough*).

ibklHJpuTp4YBJ.png

Idk, if we keep it just plain white its pretty indistinguishable from the event tags people get. A lil color like the 2nd one you just posted in the pic would look nice I'd think. The Orange and Black, as long as the background is transparent would look good

Flipyap

Idk, if we keep it just plain white its pretty indistinguishable from the event tags people get. A lil color like the 2nd one you just posted in the pic would look nice I'd think. The Orange and Black, as long as the background is transparent would look good
SPOILER: We're the only people who are ever, EVER going to notice it anyway, everyone else will just sprint past us on their merry way to Rush City.

Also, who cares what random strangers think, one is a proper, subtle logo that fits the graphic design of the game (well, of this game, Dark Sector and Dark Sector Prime... holy recycling batman!) and its universe, the other is that mixed with a "hurrpa durrpa im from the internet" badge. The choice is clear. We're going with LOLcats.

Agreed! Plus I think the orange makes it GAF
1. That's a GOOD thing!
2. Fuck GAF! (plus, you can always customize your palette if you feel the need to wear the "colors" of a gang forum whose population can hardly get together 10 members who'd give a damn about the game before it becomes a "console exclusive"... come to think of it, that forever alone face would be much more appropriate)

metalshade

Wow thats quite a rampage there flip! :) (I do agree though about the fact that nobody will even see them except us regulars, as everyone will be rushing straight past.)

DE really need to make some sweeping changes if they are going to insist that this is a coop squad based game. I really hope they can do that somehow, otherwise people just arent going to stick around.

As regards the clan badge, it seems I am going against the trend, but I quite like the simple version.

As a side note, I would like it if they let us wear multiple event badges, down the length of our left arm, just for the sake of it.

Seems like every pug defense mission I join, no one ever marks mods. Starting to irk me.

Also, I can't stop using the Ogris. DE is going to have to make something awesome to top this thing. (Flak cannon, please)

SPOILER: We're the only people who are ever, EVER going to notice it anyway, everyone else will just sprint past us on their merry way to Rush City.

Also, who cares what random strangers think, one is a proper, subtle logo that fits the graphic design of the game (well, of this game, Dark Sector and Dark Sector Prime... holy recycling batman!) and its universe, the other is that mixed with a "hurrpa durrpa im from the internet" badge. The choice is clear. We're going with LOLcats.

1. That's a GOOD thing!
2. Fuck GAF! (plus, you can always customize your palette if you feel the need to wear the "colors" of a gang forum whose population can hardly get together 10 members who'd give a damn about the game before it becomes a "console exclusive"... come to think of it, that forever alone face would be much more appropriate)

lol had no idea you had such strong feelings about the emblem

Seems like every pug defense mission I join, no one ever marks mods. Starting to irk me.

Also, I can't stop using the Ogris. DE is going to have to make something awesome to top this thing. (Flak cannon, please)

Have you tried the flux yet? Put on a puncture mod and defense are real fun :)

SaintR

Flip went in on the emblem discussion. Apparently his big flaming balls aren't for show. Vaub joke just in case it gets misinterpreted.

I do have a question though about recruiting for the clan. I want to know if we are allowed to request members from outside of gaf. I don't know what the rules are on that.

metalshade

A new Grineer weapon appears: the HIND!
The first Alliances have emerged, and our 1001+ clans have been split.

Changes:

Flux energy beam is now affected by Energy Colour!
Dera muzzle flash is now affected by Energy Colour!
Excalibur Radial Blind now uses Energy Colours!
Removed the Corpus Void Key Blueprint from the Store - owned copies can be sold for the same purchase price
Enabled selling of Corpus Ciphers and Data Masses.
Improvements to the Transmutation system: you can no longer transmute your final power card of a given type.
Improvements to Enemy AI on Settlement defense, they are not as cowardly and won’t huddle in their Spawn location.
Added Sobek reload animiaton tweaks.
Audio updates to the Desert Skate and Grineer Jetpack Troops
Tweaks to Twin Viper sounds
Tweaks to Orthos hit sounds
Tweaks to Grineer Miter sounds.
Tweaks to Rhino’s Iron Skin lighting.
Tweaks to settlement enemy navigation.
Added fancy footwork to Grineer Jetpack landing animations.
Mods and Blueprints will never expire as drops.
Elite Grineer Lancers now use the Hind!

Fixes:

Added multiple localization fixes
Multiple fixes for the Grineer Settlement levels.
Fixed the fact that players can consume their final power cards with Transmute
Fixed enemies not leaving the spawn rooms in Settlement Defense
Fixed the Contact List breaking after sending a clan invite while in the Dojo
Fixed the Stalker dropping blueprints 100% of the time
Fixed not being able to perform stealth take-downs on any idle Grineer
Fixed the Stamina Orbs appearing as blue instead of green after building the Dojo Obstacle Course
Fixed the Sabotage Target not appearing on client after a host migration
Fixed enemies being inaccessible in the Settlement Spy missions
Fix for Banshee Silence effect not using correct energy colours
Fix for unlit textures in Corpus Ship room.
Fixing enemy levels on Phobos , Stickney (max level increased by 2 instead of being same as min level)
Fix for Warframe power cast animations replaying if they are knocked down during animation.
Fix Volt Overload creating two effects on clients.
Fix for animations being cancelled due to pain flinch.

Forgot one:

Fix for crashes when using continuous fire weapons through Electric Shield.

I found a great guy to make vectors of the emblem design! (Thanks, Toppot!)

So, without further ado, IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! I even included the preview from the website.

1. Plain white emblem:
8HwDLeU.jpg
j1SqCDQ.jpg

2. Orange + transparent bottom:
xByZJyW.jpg
EG76uya.jpg

3. Orange + Light grey:
Kf4JEXv.jpg
vMO1F3W.jpg

4. Orange + Dark grey:
L54BVBr.jpg
qLF3ul0.jpg

Cast your votes!

Also, here's a good thread with in-game examples of clan emblems.

So, without further ado, IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! I even included the preview from the website.

1. Plain white emblem:
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/8HwDLeU.jpg[/IMG] [IG]http://i.imgur.com/j1SqCDQ.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/xByZJyW.jpg[/IMG] [IM]http://i.imgur.com/EG76uya.jpg[/IMG]

3. Orange + Light grey:
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/Kf4JEXv.jpg[/IMG] [IG]http://i.imgur.com/vMO1F3W.jpg[/IMG]

4. Orange + Dark grey:
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/L54BVBr.jpg[/IMG] [IM]http://i.imgur.com/qLF3ul0.jpg[/IMG]

Cast your votes!

Orange and light grey

metalshade

Actually seeing those, I have decided my Vote.
If we cant have the simple from earlier, then my vote goes for
Orange and Light Grey.

Flipyap

1. Plain white emblem:
8HwDLeU.jpg
j1SqCDQ.jpg
Nooo, you forgot the bulbous shape. That was the best part.

Yeah, colors look really awful and out of place. They make these look like Halo emblems.

1. Plain white emblem:
8HwDLeU.jpg
j1SqCDQ.jpg

xByZJyW.jpg
EG76uya.jpg

3. Orange + Light grey:
Kf4JEXv.jpg
vMO1F3W.jpg

4. Orange + Dark grey:
L54BVBr.jpg
qLF3ul0.jpg

Cast your votes!

Awesome my vote goes

2>3>1>4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom