• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Loving Ivara, love her abilities, very situational some of them but they open up a lot of tactical options during battle. I recently got her from the Darvo sale. Because fuck grinding those Spy missions and also gotta put to use all those Bounty of The Lotus discounts I got.

Worth it.

Alucrid

Banned
Know what mods your wanting/looking for?

probably one of the mods that increases power duration. is getting better mods / aura mods just a mater of luck or does it get easier at the higher level plants? also just noticed that there's a separate ps4 ot, but the economy is probably the same.

side note. i picked loki years ago when this first came out on ps4, but seeing some of the suits they have now with giant water tentacles or green expanding balls of death, loki seems kinda lame

VandalD

probably one of the mods that increases power duration. is getting better mods / aura mods just a mater of luck or does it get easier at the higher level plants? also just noticed that there's a separate ps4 ot, but the economy is probably the same.

side note. i picked loki years ago when this first came out on ps4, but seeing some of the suits they have now with giant water tentacles or green expanding balls of death, loki seems kinda lame
You're looking for Continuity then. The best way to get that yourself is through Orokin Void "hidden" containers. Bring Thief's Wit with you into the Void and learn how to get to all the breakable containers. You should get a lot of other useful mods in the meantime.

Drop rates don't increase from things being higher level. However, certain enemies you might want drops from also only show up in certain level ranges. But mainly it's a matter of luck. Also, the economy compared from PC and console at least are probably totally different, especially right now, being that PC is in a brand new relic system, and PC players can also get platinum discounts on log in.

Loki is one of the best frames in the game. He may look boring, but his ability to disarm enemies and go invisible are highly effective. He does need a lot of mods to do what he does properly, which is why he's not considered a very good newbie frame. Hydroid meanwhile (the one with the giant water tentacles) is one of the worst. Showy, but ineffective. Hydroid desperately needs a rework.

Loving Ivara, love her abilities, very situational some of them but they open up a lot of tactical options during battle. I recently got her from the Darvo sale. Because fuck grinding those Spy missions and also gotta put to use all those Bounty of The Lotus discounts I got.

Worth it.
Ivara is a badass. I was doing solo spy missions with her to level up some crappy weapons when Zanuka showed up for the first time in months for me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the kill, but with invisibility and her 4 that does decent damage even with just a maxed serration on my primary, there was no trouble. The only thing I wouldn't bring an Ivara for are the defense type missions, but she could still be amazing support in those missions with sleep arrows alone.

Alucrid

Banned
You're looking for Continuity then. The best way to get that yourself is through Orokin Void "hidden" containers. Bring Thief's Wit with you into the Void and learn how to get to all the breakable containers. You should get a lot of other useful mods in the meantime.

Drop rates don't increase from things being higher level. However, certain enemies you might want drops from also only show up in certain level ranges. But mainly it's a matter of luck. Also, the economy compared from PC and console at least are probably totally different, especially right now, being that PC is in a brand new relic system, and PC players can also get platinum discounts on log in.

Loki is one of the best frames in the game. He may look boring, but his ability to disarm enemies and go invisible are highly effective. He does need a lot of mods to do what he does properly, which is why he's not considered a very good newbie frame. Hydroid meanwhile (the one with the giant water tentacles) is one of the worst. Showy, but ineffective. Hydroid desperately needs a rework.

thanks for the info. shows how much i know lol. i did get lucky and get the rare mod that reduces power cost, so i'm part of the way there. i'll go use my void keys and try to start farming some then

as far as melee weapons go, for a stealth loki based on crits, i was thinking of getting the heavy sword that starts with a G that you can buy in the shop. sadly, i failed the rank 3 mastery mission... anything else i might look at in the mean time? i tried fang but it didn't seem that effective. probably user error though.

VandalD

thanks for the info. shows how much i know lol. i did get lucky and get the rare mod that reduces power cost, so i'm part of the way there. i'll go use my void keys and try to start farming some then

as far as melee weapons go, for a stealth loki based on crits, i was thinking of getting the heavy sword that starts with a G that you can buy in the shop. sadly, i failed the rank 3 mastery mission... anything else i might look at in the mean time? i tried fang but it didn't seem that effective. probably user error though.
The Galatine can take you very far. It's a great weapon especially for when you can get it. Even the Fang Prime isn't that great, so yeah, Fang is just yet another weapon you'll level to 30 for the mastery and then probably never touch again.

Atterax is a solid early weapon if you think you might like using a whip. Its base range is good enough that if you stick a range mod on it, you can do a sliding attack against a wall to kill things on the other side. Can be pretty great for stealth. It's a bit slow, but I still like it. And it has good crit.

Also, Nyx Prime, Scindo Prime, and Hikou Prime are going away on the 23rd.

Anyone here have rep saved up with Perrin, Veil and Loka? I need some archwing weapon parts they offer and in return I can give parts offered by the other syndicates.

WizzNARD

To piggyback off the mod discussion, should I be upgrading my mods as high as possible or just hope for better drops?

Also, should I be focusing on void or just banging stuff out? I'm MR3 with a few weapons leveled and a rhino ready to go. Just feel a little lost and finding people who talk and wanna do stuff can be tough for a solo guy(I'm on XBO) sometimes.

Thanks for any info!!

VandalD

To piggyback off the mod discussion, should I be upgrading my mods as high as possible or just hope for better drops?

Also, should I be focusing on void or just banging stuff out? I'm MR3 with a few weapons leveled and a rhino ready to go. Just feel a little lost and finding people who talk and wanna do stuff can be tough for a solo guy(I'm on XBO) sometimes.

Thanks for any info!!
You'll want to be careful with how much you upgrade mods. It can cost a lot of credits, and you won't want to lock yourself out of using one of your good mods because you don't have enough capacity to equip it. I would suggest not upgrading your mods that say they're Damaged unless you feel you absolutely have to. Those are starter versions of mods, and you should look for better undamaged ones. As far as upgrading, you'll want to focus most on your basic damage mods, like Serration. Your basic + %damage mod for each particular weapon is the main essential thing to have in order to be sure you can kill your way through the star chart.

Just to be clear, mods never drop in an upgraded state. Only fusion cores ever have any ranks on them.

As far as progressing in general, normally I'd recommend filling out your star chart. But the whole map is going to be changing sometime soon for console, and I don't know how exactly that's going to affect your progress. It's probably still the best thing to focus on, as the new void grind will depend on you having access to a wide variety of locations. Helps to have access to any alerts that may pop up too.

Thanks for any info!!

There are several rank 10 commons and uncommons you should upgrade to rank 6, specifically I'm talking about Vitality, Redirection, Serration and Hornet Strike. Getting those to R6 doesn't require too many cores and credits. Maxing them is a non-insignificant investment for most players, even veterans, you shouldn't worry about that right now. The rest you can go about as you like, fusing duplicates is the most efficient.

I'm not sure what you mean with "better" drops? All mods drop as unranked, and their usefulness varies greatly. The only drops that improve on higher level planets are fusion cores.

You can ignore the Void for the moment, consoles are about to receive a large update that will change how the starchart works, keys will be turned into relics which are arguably better.

WizzNARD

Thanks for the info guys. I was a little confused as far as mods go, because it seemed like a lot of them were damaged, but I think I understand it better now.

Any more tips are always appreciated, but I think I'm in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info guys. I was a little confused as far as mods go, because it seemed like a lot of them were damaged, but I think I understand it better now.

Any more tips are always appreciated, but I think I'm in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Damaged ones drop only in the first few tutorial missions, once you finish those everything that drops is normal.

WizzNARD

Thanks again. I didn't know that mods always s dropped in ranked. So does that mean something like serration will always drop as bronze color? Like there isn't a sliver or gold one?

Like I said still trying to figure it out as I go. Out of curiosity, how is the void et all changing?

Thanks again. I didn't know that mods always s dropped in ranked. So does that mean something like serration will always drop as bronze color? Like there isn't a sliver or gold one?

Like I said still trying to figure it out as I go. Out of curiosity, how is the void et all changing?

Mod color is rarity: bronze-common, silver-uncommon, gold-rare. This does not refer to how powerful or how useful a mod is, only how often it drops from enemies.
Serration is an uncommon, so it's always silver, no bronze or gold version.

The changes to the void are pretty extensive.

1) Rather than needing keys the Void will be a normal addition to the starchart, you will access it like any other planet, but it will no longer reward prime parts for mission completion.

2) Keys are replaced with relics, which you will equip into alert-type missions. There you will find holes that you need to close using your relic, after closing all the holes and completing the objective your relic will "open" and you will get a reward depending on which relic you used. Don't worry about using your keys right now, they will all be changed into relics when the update goes live.

3) Each person present that opened a relic will get a loot roll, if you decide that you don't want the loot that you got, but a teammate got something you do want, you can forfeit your own reward and select theirs to receive a copy.

4) During the mission you will collect "reactant" a material that you can use to refine relics. All relics have a drop table specific to them, with some drops rarer than others, by refining you increase drop chances of the rarer items.

Overall, the community has welcomed these changes.

Mod color is rarity: bronze-common, silver-uncommon, gold-rare. This does not refer to how powerful or how useful a mod is, only how often it drops from enemies.
Serration is an uncommon, so it's always silver, no bronze or gold version.

The changes to the void are pretty extensive.

1) Rather than needing keys the Void will be a normal addition to the starchart, you will access it like any other planet, but it will no longer reward prime parts for mission completion.

2) Keys are replaced with relics, which you will equip into alert-type missions. There you will find holes that you need to close using your relic, after closing all the holes and completing the objective your relic will "open" and you will get a reward depending on which relic you used. Don't worry about using your keys right now, they will all be changed into relics when the update goes live.

3) Each person present that opened a relic will get a loot roll, if you decide that you don't want the loot that you got, but a teammate got something you do want, you can forfeit your own reward and select theirs to receive a copy.

4) During the mission you will collect "reactant" a material that you can use to refine relics. All relics have a drop table specific to them, with some drops rarer than others, by refining you increase drop chances of the rarer items.

Overall, the community has welcomed these changes.

Unless they changed this recently you collect reactant to open your relic during the mission but it will leave some "residue" called void traces, you collect those and keep a stockpile (the limit is now based on your current mastery rank/level) to refine your relics.

you can only refine a relic once but it will filter that refined relic in the list.

eg so you can have 10 intact (aka default) meso s1 relics, refine 1 to radiant level (aka the highest level)) and it now show 9 intact and 1 radiant.

I really like this new system and the fact that each player has their own dice roll and you can pick their item is the best thing bar none.

Unless they changed this recently you collect reactant to open your relic during the mission but it will leave some "residue" called void traces, you collect those and keep a stockpile (the limit is now based on your current mastery rank/level) to refine your relics.

Ah yeah, got traces and reactants mixed up.

Error

how much is a full set of frost prime going for these days?

I have frost prime on the ps4 version when they took it out of the vault, so lame I can't transfer over my ps4 account to pc.

VandalD

how much is a full set of frost prime going for these days?

I have frost prime on the ps4 version when they took it out of the vault, so lame I can't transfer over my ps4 account to pc.
Frost Prime won't be coming back for a long time, so all I know is that it will be ridiculously expensive.

Error

Frost Prime won't be coming back for a long time, so all I know is that it will be ridiculously expensive.
I offered 400 plat, since I have a lot of plat thanks to those three 75% off plat purchases discount I got from daily logins, and got laughed at. No way I'm offering more than that.

VandalD

I offered 400 plat, since I have a lot of plat thanks to those three 75% off plat purchases discount I got from daily logins, and got laughed at. No way I'm offering more than that.
It's probably something more like 4000. I dunno. But seriously, Frost Prime won't be back again (if at all) for years at this current unvaulting pace. All Frost Prime has over the regular is a bit more shields, and that's something I don't care about much, especially when playing as a frame that can just instantly put up an anti-bullet orb. I do want him for completion, but that's probably not happening.

Naite

I haven't played this game since they started adding in the first primed mods. I love the relic system instead of keys. I already got most of the prime WFs being built and just need 2 parts each for Saryn and Vauban. I only wish they put indicators for items I already have when choosing a reward.

Is there any fun Equinox builds? I been trying her out and I'm not finding her very interesting.

VandalD

Is there any fun Equinox builds? I been trying her out and I'm not finding her very interesting.
She's not, sadly. Maim can cause massive destruction, but that's really all she's got.

Her heals are too slow to be reliable in such a fast-paced game, and as is always the case with other frames trying to heal, inferior in every way to Trinity. Her buff is weaker than Rhino's - still kind of nice to have around, but not something to have fun with. Her slow aura needs an augment to be a slow, and it doesn't buff damage like Nova's Molecular Prime. Rest is pretty good though. It's an Ivara sleep arrow that you can't miss with. But you have to use her Metamorphisis to switch between Maim, her good day ability, and Rest, her good night ability. I suppose you could say she's versatile, but so is Oberon.

Error

moving the derelict dragon keys to the dojo is such a weird and stupid change, they cost void traces now too. being able to freely craft them on your ship was nice, this new change is annoying and shitty for someone that's starting, and doesn't have enough rank in the clan to craft them.

ugh, for some reason this really pissed me off.

I'm going insane trying to get a Vectis P Receiver, can't get anyone from my clan or recruit chat to group with me, anyone here want to help?

VandalD

I'm going insane trying to get a Vectis P Receiver, can't get anyone from my clan or recruit chat to group with me, anyone here want to help?
It's unlikely I'd use my traces on it, but I'd be willing to come and bring the relic for a while. Still got 10 of them at the moment.

The part with the underwater archwing segment right?

There are two, the one with the winding tunnels and turbines, or the one where you destroy the grates to move between large sections of water? The first seems really annoying but you can actually shoot these little lights on either side of the turbines to stop them from pushing you into the sensor walls.

Sharkwing was such a mistake.

Holy shit yes. So terrible.

There is a pattern to it but the first few times its fucking terrible.

I usually carry the hacking air support charge just in case i end up into the sensor wall that's behind the vent where the data vault is.

There are two, the one with the winding tunnels and turbines, or the one where you destroy the grates to move between large sections of water? The first seems really annoying but you can actually shoot these little lights on either side of the turbines to stop them from pushing you into the sensor walls.

Sharkwing was such a mistake.

Wait, WHAT?

do they go off permanently or they start back again.

Wait, WHAT?

do they go off permanently or they start back again.

Permanently. There's usually two (sometimes three) per turbine on the left and right, and they look like yellow hacking panels. I discovered them because Sortie spy missions can potentially be impossible without shooting those... Or at least, the one time I've done a Neptune Sortie Spy it was.

031e0127504634f89a534b2763cd8f46.png

You do have to be careful because if your timing is off, the turbine might push anyway (like the scripting can't be interrupted). Also I'm not 100% certain of this, but if there is another turbine in sequence, that one can still push you back. I like to shoot and then wait a cycle to see how the water flows.

Edit: I made a mistake. Those are for the junctions between turbines, which should stop the flow of water for a section. There are also four boxes on the actual turbines themselves that can be shot. They'll shimmer like any other destructible object.

34001f34a24e5509d59398f44d56c174.png

Hey all. Is there anyone willing to carry on the GAF clan? I don't think I'll be playing often anymore, and the one active leader in the clan is not a GAF member and doesn't check this thread much (as far as I know).

You could do whatever with the clan... I just don't want my baby to die.

Permanently. There's usually two (sometimes three) per turbine on the left and right, and they look like yellow hacking panels. I discovered them because Sortie spy missions can potentially be impossible without shooting those... Or at least, the one time I've done a Neptune Sortie Spy it was.

Its still possible because its sortie version of this mission that forced me to find the pattern (plus bringing the security override). if i fuck up i just restart it again.

But very interesting, i'll have to check this out

I still think Archwing is dumb as hell. Especially in water. Slow and ruins the pace of missions.

I thought archwing was interesting but just needed more content, though funnily enough i haven't tried it since they made adjustments and added the new modes. Plus they fact that all of the archwing pieces are now either in the dojo or the syndicates make it even harder since nothing is there as a reward.

Sharkwing though i'm not sure since does slow down a mission. *shrug*

VandalD

Archwing needed fleshing out, but they managed to make it worse in every way, except that they don't force you to do that horrible defense mission, because nothing worthwhile drops from the missions.

Sharkwing is particularly bad on exterminate missions. A number of times I've swam through that huge water area only to have to go back through it again because the game decided to spawn guys there. Part of the reason Warframe is fun for me is the movement system, how you can combo moves into others for different amounts and timings of speed to get through areas quickly. Meanwhile in sharkwing you just hold forward.

I liked old archwing movement though, so I'm looking forward to having Titania made.

So Titania. I really, really like playing her. If her ult's movement speed was about double what it is now, or if afterburners were available in that mode, she'd be in a great place. Feels a little squishy and I think Natural Talent is a must.

Also the sound effect for drawing the Sarpa's charge attack is really nice.

"So Titania. I really, really like playing her. If her ult's movement speed was about double what it is now, or if afterburners were available in that mode, she'd be in a great place. Feels a little squishy and I think Natural Talent is a must."

I'm enjoying playing with a max efficiency build to just stay in ult forever. The damage with power strength and good weapon mods is pretty solid and there's a natural 50% evasion while in ult form. Stack the Dust buff from her 2nd ability on top of that for even more evasion and I think she actually has pretty decent "effective" health. Plus, her abilities don't lock her movement while in ult form, so you can get away with not using natural talent.

VandalD

I'm not seeing Titania's potential at all. She's far too slow while flying to enjoy her one worthwhile gimmick, and her power pool is pathetic without a Primed Flow, especially as a frame that depends so much on her powers. She does good damage, but that's just the mods on your primary gun being good. There's nothing unique about her weapons like with Excalibur's sword or Ivara's bow that makes going into Razorwing exciting. Flying is neat, but it has too many drawbacks, while the only real benefit you gain is the 50% evasion. And you're going to have to shift in and out of it in order to pick stuff up quickly or just keep up with your squad if it's a map where you move a lot.

Too slow and too high maintenance for me. I've tried to like her, but every mission I go into with her just makes me want to use someone with better powers. Disappointing. Glad some people are liking her at least.

Something about the Sarpa feels off. It's supposed to be a burst gun, right? It feels much less accurate than the Redeemer, which is supposed to be the shotgun. I ended up just going back to Redeemer with the new Bullet Dance stance.

Something about the Sarpa feels off. It's supposed to be a burst gun, right? It feels much less accurate than the Redeemer, which is supposed to be the shotgun. I ended up just going back to Redeemer with the new Bullet Dance stance.

The screen shake is a legit problem, but the faster swing speed really makes a huge difference with Primed Fury from what I have done messing around with it. I have yet to uncover Bullet Dance. Apparently it's super broken on the Redeemer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nekros Prime, Tigris Prime and Galantine Prime out.

Goddamn. Can't wait for the Tigris Prime. The Sancti Tigris has been a mainstay for me for a long time and now it's better :).

Eeeeh

The Sancti Tigris has a faster reload and that baller syndicate proc. Tigris Prime has a 30% status chance which could be bumped up to 100% using the four status mods, but then you have no room for anything else and your damage might be lower than Sancti (I don't know, I'd have to check). Proccing 100% of the time with a massive slash damage pool like that could lead to some hilarious shredding.

I think it'll be a wash, a Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor situation where they're both very good weapons.

Eeeeh

The Sancti Tigris has a faster reload and that baller syndicate proc. Tigris Prime has a 30% status chance which could be bumped up to 100% using the four status mods, but then you have no room for anything else and your damage might be lower than Sancti (I don't know, I'd have to check). Proccing 100% of the time with a massive slash damage pool like that could lead to some hilarious shredding.

I think it'll be a wash, a Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor situation where they're both very good weapons.

I mean, my Sancti does have like... 5 or 6 forma on it... I still do want the Tigris Prime though. I think I like the shotguns better in this game than basically all the rifles. I like the Dex Sybaris a lot, but yeah, the modded Tigris and Sobek are fucking unreal. I will say, nothing still comes close to Synoid Simulor at wiping the place out. Especially when you combine it with a Mirage.

I mean, my Sancti does have like... 5 or 6 forma on it... I still do want the Tigris Prime though. I think I like the shotguns better in this game than basically all the rifles. I like the Dex Sybaris a lot, but yeah, the modded Tigris and Sobek are fucking unreal. I will say, nothing still comes close to Synoid Simulor at wiping the place out. Especially when you combine it with a Mirage.

Take the Atterax with Maiming Strike and Primed Reach for a whirl. That shit is disgusting even into Sortie level.

But yeah, I definitely like Shotguns, Snipers, and Bows more than I do most rifles, outside of the Dex Sybaris (i-liked-the-sybaris-before-the-dex pin). They feel and sound better generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom