• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone has any good guide for getting nekros prime that has been updated since the switch to void relics. Like I am trying to figure out what relics I need, and how to get them, and such. I am on xb1 if that matters.

I was wondering if anyone has any good guide for getting nekros prime that has been updated since the switch to void relics. Like I am trying to figure out what relics I need, and how to get them, and such. I am on xb1 if that matters.

I think they're the same relics.

3fb56a6b2054f529ee95669a9d6f2fe9.png

2c9f671aaf72510e78cf5e51e120e03c.png

The codex now shows where they drop, but for any Neo or Axi relics you want to do a hard Dark Sector Survival or Excavation (NOT Survival) like Hieracon. For Lith or Meso, pick a regular Easy Defense or Interception like on Earth.

We've been running Jupiter, Callisto and Eris, Xini for the new relics.

VandalD

Here are the Nekros relics:

Blueprint - Axi N3
Systems - Neo N3
Neuroptics - Meso F1
Chassis - Lith N1

I've been running Xini, Eris or Hieracon, Pluto for Axi and Neo relics. Io, Jupiter for Meso relics. Derelict Defense for Lith. There may be better spots for Lith and Meso.

1. Get relics, the same way you got void keys before.
2. Farm up at least 100 traces by getting 10 reactant in void rift missions, either using "junk" relics in public, or soloing with no relic.
3. Radiant the relic you want rare stuff from.
4. Find a group using the same radiant relic.
5. With luck, profit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For Axi/Neo, the most consistent way is actually 4 wave Interception. Eris, Xini is the current popular place but you can do Sedna, Berehynia too. The problem with Hieracon and other high level Excavation missions is that Axi/Neo relics only drop on B and C and with a 42% for a Neo and 77% for an Axi. On interception, Neo drops on A with 66% chance and Axi on BC with 100% chance.

You can do Extractors faster, but this is only true if you can handle 2 at a time (trigger them as fast as they spawn) and most groups can't consistently do double Extractors at the 30-40 level. For Lith Extraction is better (Earth, Tikal) because a single player can handle an Extractor.

For Meso, the midrange defense missions have a 85% chance to drop them on A. The strat is to do two waves then leave. The missions are Jupiter,Io; Saturn, Helene; Sedna, Camenae; Europa, Paimon. I like Helene the most because Saturn drops Orokin Cells.

I don't know what the economy is like on consoles but it's really most efficient to only run Neo/Axi relics. A Nekros Prime Systems sells for 150p. BP is 100p. Chassis is 14p. Neuroptics 70p. Rather than spend time grinding Lith and Meso, you can just keep going for the Systems and BPs and sell those, then buy Chassis/Neuroptics. A lot of Galatine Prime parts also come from Neo so you get to fill out those parts (or sell them) while grinding Nekros Prime.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to buy NP but my god they are expensive and I have no money or platinum. The guide I found on the warframe message boards listed so many different ways to get the parts but I wasn't sure what they all meant or if it was even up to date.
Edit: I just saw all the replies. Thanks a lot guys. Hopefully I will be able to get this knocked out quickly now.

For Axi/Neo, the most consistent way is actually 4 wave Interception. Eris, Xini is the current popular place but you can do Sedna, Berehynia too. The problem with Hieracon and other high level Excavation missions is that Axi/Neo relics only drop on B and C and with a 42% for a Neo and 77% for an Axi. On interception, Neo drops on A with 66% chance and Axi on BC with 100% chance.

You can do Extractors faster, but this is only true if you can handle 2 at a time (trigger them as fast as they spawn) and most groups can't consistently do double Extractors at the 30-40 level. For Lith Extraction is better (Earth, Tikal) because a single player can handle an Extractor.

For Meso, the midrange defense missions have a 85% chance to drop them on A. The strat is to do two waves then leave. The missions are Jupiter,Io; Saturn, Helene; Sedna, Camenae; Europa, Paimon. I like Helene the most because Saturn drops Orokin Cells.

I don't know what the economy is like on consoles but it's really most efficient to only run Neo/Axi relics. A Nekros Prime Systems sells for 150p. BP is 100p. Chassis is 14p. Neuroptics 70p. Rather than spend time grinding Lith and Meso, you can just keep going for the Systems and BPs and sell those, then buy Chassis/Neuroptics. A lot of Galatine Prime parts also come from Neo so you get to fill out those parts (or sell them) while grinding Nekros Prime.

I'm just glad that with those interception missions that they finally gave a much better and consistent way to get T3/Neo keys. T3/Neo keys for a long time had major issues actually getting. Mainly because they were either grouped up with a ton of other worthless mods or grouped with T4/Axi or T2/Meso keys and that means you could barely get them.

I have been doing that Interception on Sedna to get Neo and Axi keys, works out well since im actually leveling up equipment.

Also didn't know you were a Warframe fan Haly :O

Haly

Also didn't know you were a Warframe fan Haly :O

lel

Coming back to Warframe after a year or so, I'm having a lot of trouble with Stolen Dreams on Mercury.

It just seems so difficult not triggering the alarms and then I get swarmed or they purge the data.

Yea its usually helps a lot if you can go stealth (eg Loki frame with a bow and arrow and maybe throwing stars) once you reach the required room. There are also vents in the room itself that can help bypass some sections.

Also build some ciphers and carry them so you don't have to play the hacking minigame, especially if the data is being purged and you are near.

Not really a "fan" but I play it every year or so cause I dig the aesthetic. This is my third time playing warframe and I'm enjoying it a lot more ever since I discovered warframe.market and figured out the economy stuff. Now I can finally buy potatoes and weapon slots and cosmetics and so on.

lel

Not really a "fan" but I play it every year or so cause I dig the aesthetic. This is my third time playing warframe and I'm enjoying it a lot more ever since I discovered warframe.market and figured out the economy stuff. Now I can finally buy potatoes and weapon slots and cosmetics and so on.

*facepalm*

I didn't remember that at all lol

Also the market is pretty cool because you can theoretically never spend a dime but have a bunch of plat to buy weapons dlots, etc (providing you can get the stuff you would need to sell in a reasonable timeframe). A friend of mine basically runs a pet store using the market :p

I don't really mess with it although i really should, instead I will buy plat from DE once in a while (but always at 75% off since im not a crazy person :p) as a gesture to help the devs.

Haly

I have about 1400 plat saved up from my market escapades.

And yeah it's great. I really appreciate games that let you leverage a bit of salesmanship to get access to paid goods. Just paying for it isn't as fulfilling as selling a big ticket item.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I got another one of those 75% off plat purchase today.

DE just wants me to pay moneys.

If I fail a defense mission on lets say wave 18 do I get to keep all the rewards that I previously won? I keep soloing Io trying to get the void relic to try and get the nekros part but I keep leaving after wave to because I don't want to lose the stuff I have spread earned.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If I fail a defense mission on lets say wave 18 do I get to keep all the rewards that I previously won? I keep soloing Io trying to get the void relic to try and get the nekros part but I keep leaving after wave to because I don't want to lose the stuff I have spread earned.
If you failed a mission you don't get anything afaik.

I have about 1400 plat saved up from my market escapades.

And yeah it's great. I really appreciate games that let you leverage a bit of salesmanship to get access to paid goods. Just paying for it isn't as fulfilling as selling a big ticket item.

Well rng god hates me so getting the item to sell at big ticket prices is a hassle, lol

But its always interesting to note when my other friends use it.

You lose all of it.

The only thing you keep is the original exp but not the bonus.

Check every container in the void, and learn to find the special containers (or cheese them with Ignis and Carrier) that drop mods if you haven't already, while you're at it.

Can someone explain the bolded part. I have a level 30 carrier so hopefully I will be able to do this. Yesterday I was trying to get to 12k polymor bundles to build a part of Nekros and I started out about 3k short. So I was doing the first 5 waves on Ur on Uranus since their is a rail thing there that had +25% resource drop rate. I was getting between 200 and 600 each time. Well at one point I was 17 short so I ran it again and I didnt get any, then I ran it again and still none, so I figured it was some weird glitch so I switched over to the defense on Mercury and ran that twice and still didnt get any. I am beyond frustrated.

It's a loot game... You're going to have times when the thing you want doesn't appear. Also you should have stuck with Uranus, Polymer drops are common there and they're rare on Mercury. If you click on a planet and hover over the extractor icon in the lower left corner, you can see the drop order. From the top down, common and uncommon (yellow pickup), the third is very rare (green pickup) and the fourth is rare (blue pickup). A note that the green drops usually fall off of bosses when you beat them.

As for the carrier/ignis combo, the ignis has a very wide spread of damage and a large innate punchthrough. You can spray a room and pop all the containers in it with little effort. Carrier has a special mod that makes it shoot open containers for you as you pass by, which can be obtained from Simaris in the relays.

It's a loot game... You're going to have times when the thing you want doesn't appear. Also you should have stuck with Uranus, Polymer drops are common there and they're rare on Mercury. If you click on a planet and hover over the extractor icon in the lower left corner, you can see the drop order. From the top down, common and uncommon (yellow pickup), the third is very rare (green pickup) and the fourth is rare (blue pickup). A note that the green drops usually fall off of bosses when you beat them.

As for the carrier/ignis combo, the ignis has a very wide spread of damage and a large innate punchthrough. You can spray a room and pop all the containers in it with little effort. Carrier has a special mod that makes it shoot open containers for you as you pass by, which can be obtained from Simaris in the relays.
Man there is so much to learn about this game. I had no idea about the order nattering for the resources. Any idea what the name of the carrier mod is? I will buy one from someone when I get home. That sounds like it would save a bunch of time in general.

VandalD

Thanks a lot man. Hopefully I can find a maxed out one rather cheap.
Looter is unnecessary, but it comes from Simaris on the relays. You don't need to trade for it, even if it was any good.

I was referring to cheesing with Ignis and Carrier because you can use the Ignis to break containers through walls and Carrier can use Vacuum to suck up anything that drops behind them, like Glitchesarecool said. All Looter does is take up a mod slot to open stuff you could open yourself.

Thanks a lot man. Hopefully I can find a maxed out one rather cheap.

Your welcome, but i'd just go for a cheaper unranked one since endo is so easy to come by. Probably take around 300-450 endo and you can get about 1-2k in a 20 wave run of Cabo on Earth.

Looter is unnecessary, but it comes from Simaris on the relays. You don't need to trade for it, even if it was any good.
I was referring to cheesing with Ignis and Carrier because you can use the Ignis to break containers through walls and Carrier can use Vacuum to suck up anything that drops behind them, like Glitchesarecool said. All Looter does is take up a mod slot to open stuff you could open yourself.

Your welcome, but i'd just go for a cheaper unranked one since endo is so easy to come by. Probably take around 300-450 endo and you can get about 1-2k in a 20 wave run of Cabo on Earth.

Thanks for the advice. The few mods I have bought I have tried to get them already leveled up. I bought life steal, and the mod that restores your energy over time. My Oberon is like unlikable now. I cant just cast his healing spell non-stop if I want to. The thing that gets me more on levels now is that I run out of ammo for my Paris prime way more often then I actually die. I was stuck on Unranus soloing levels but I am going through them all first try now.

Nekros Prime is a fantastic design, but I'm really disappointed that the color spots don't work out well enough to make a Bayonetta cosplay.

Still need to farm the Tigris and Galatine bits, but the whole Void Trace thing is bumming me out with how little is given. They need to double the amount to really help groups out.

I usually get like 20-30 on a run but that might just be my kavat hooking me up.

As for the new stuff im just farming relics then run them as intact, hoping rng god hooks me up lol.

Just gonna need a bunch of them (30 each sounds fine).

Nekros Prime is a fantastic design, but I'm really disappointed that the color spots don't work out well enough to make a Bayonetta cosplay.

Still need to farm the Tigris and Galatine bits, but the whole Void Trace thing is bumming me out with how little is given. They need to double the amount to really help groups out.

Damn, I thought I'm the only one who silently think that Nekros Prime's silhouette is very similar to that of Bayonetta.

Anyway, got half of him from farming and then the remaining half from trading. As someone who never bothered to farm the regular Nekros, I think he's okay, but I don't see myself using him other than to massively and intensively farm resources.

And damn shame about Galatine Prime and Tigris Prime being MR13. Galatine is my main melee option and Tigris is pretty sweet. Would rather upgrade to those prime version of those weapons, but I guess I need to upgrade MR first *sigh*.

Damn, I thought I'm the only one who silently think that Nekros Prime's silhouette is very similar to that of Bayonetta.

It's not only his figure but the "wings" are super reminiscent of Bayonetta's flying form from 2. Very tattered, looks like the feathers on Bayo.

Anyway, got half of him from farming and then the remaining half from trading. As someone who never bothered to farm the regular Nekros, I think he's okay, but I don't see myself using him other than to massively and intensively farm resources.

At one time that was all Nekros was used for, but between his rework and Shield of Shadows, he's actually an extremely tanky and amazing support frame. Actually he's also the only frame I'm tempted to run three augments on. Despoil takes away the pain of energy while opening up the opportunity to use Health Conversion (which I've completely reversed my opinion on--that thing is fantastic on Nekros), Soul Survivor is great for pub matches and pub sorties, and Shield of Shadows is absolutely a must have. You can reach crazy levels of damage mitigation and the fact that you can resummon your shadows to be around you now really makes a huge difference.

Now if only Hydroid could get some love.

So I have been messing around on warframe builder a bit today trying to figure out a better build for my Paris prime, and seeing what mods I will need for my Nekros prime build once I get the 2 argon crystal I need to build it. My god at some of the 5 forma Paris Prime builds. I could even imagine doing like 30k damage per hit. Enemies must just shred like tissue paper.

So I have been messing around on warframe builder a bit today trying to figure out a better build for my Paris prime, and seeing what mods I will need for my Nekros prime build once I get the 2 argon crystal I need to build it. My god at some of the 5 forma Paris Prime builds. I could even imagine doing like 30k damage per hit. Enemies must just shred like tissue paper.

I'll run a void survival with you if I see you on.

What's your ign?

I would say more Dread if you want to see shredding (due to its dismembering capability) plus it has a higher chance to red crit than Paris Prime. :p

Still love my Paris Prime though and i need to add more forma's to it

And apparently the Rakta Cernos is also pretty dope as well

Ratka Cernos makes a good gunning for the Dread's position of best bow. The Dread features innate red crit potential with just Point Strike and slash damage is the best of the IPS damages. However, to be really effective you need to use a Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration mod. The Ratka doesn't need that, it frees up a mod space by having an amazingly low draw time. Plus, the Viral AOE proc and energy restoration are amazing bonuses. It's just a shame it's primarily impact damage, although to be honest you might not even notice unless you go really long. The Ratka also has the fastest flight speed of the projectile for bows.

The Paris Prime is no slouch in damage of course, but power creep has created two monstrous bows. A good Serration/Split Chamber/Point Strike/Vital Sense/Bladed Rounds/Elemental Combo while aiming for those sweet headshots will carry you just fine on the Dread, Cernos, and Paris Prime. The last slot is up to personal preference.

It is worth noting that the Daikyu is a viable choice of bow too. While not my personal choice because the draw time is very long compared to the others and because you can't walk around with the bow drawn, it doesn't rely on the crit mods, doesn't have projectile drop, and opens up some interesting possibilities with it's exclusive Spring-Loaded Broadhead mod. That mod can beat out a 60% damage elemental mod AND the regular Bane mods. But that mod is conclave exclusive and I haven't been able to get my hands on it because conclave is terrible and trade chat doesn't seem to know it exists (or at least, that had been my experience when this mod became PVE available).

Yes I am one of those five forma Paris Prime nuts. IIRC it was my first Prime weapon.

---

I am absolutely thrilled with how good Titania's Noble stance looks on my frames. I had been using Mesa Noble for almost everyone because of how slick the secondary weapon animations are, but Titania's definitely works amazing.

http://imgur.com/a/RpXN4

Might have to buy her Agile sometime. Edit: Used a not-ass resolution for the screenshots. Much better.

Ratka Cernos makes a good gunning for the Dread's position of best bow. The Dread features innate red crit potential with just Point Strike and slash damage is the best of the IPS damages. However, to be really effective you need to use a Speed Trigger or Vile Acceleration mod. The Ratka doesn't need that, it frees up a mod space by having an amazingly low draw time. Plus, the Viral AOE proc and energy restoration are amazing bonuses. It's just a shame it's primarily impact damage, although to be honest you might not even notice unless you go really long. The Ratka also has the fastest flight speed of the projectile for bows.

The Paris Prime is no slouch in damage of course, but power creep has created two monstrous bows. A good Serration/Split Chamber/Point Strike/Vital Sense/Bladed Rounds/Elemental Combo while aiming for those sweet headshots will carry you just fine on the Dread, Cernos, and Paris Prime. The last slot is up to personal preference.

Yes I am one of those five forma Paris Prime nuts. IIRC it was my first Prime weapon.

Yea was reading up on the Rakta Cernos as after seeing some posts and this might be my choice of bow for my Saryn Prime :p

Ahh.

Only prime parts and specialty weapons are tradable.

Given how common his parts will drop as you go higher it would be worth mostly bunk anyways :D

Some nice new things in the hotfix today. Notably new Tennogen gear and a much nicer looking Tenno jetpack. Will be interesting to see if this sits better on most frames than the Grineer version. I might go in on the Rhino Vojnik Battle-Damaged Skin for my Prime if it meshes better with the Vanguard helmet. As much as I love the Palatine skin, you really can't use it with anything bu the Palatine helmet.

All three augments sound amazing. It would be nice to see Valkyr's do a finisher on the teleport or stun on the teleport. I don't think it will beat off Eternal War as the go-to augment for Valkyr, but it's better than most of the other Hysteria augment proposals. Ember I was ready to write off when it was just casting speed buffs but giving your squad 50% extra fire damage is incredible. Inaros got the best of the bunch though. Now you can have a whirling tornado of Viral and Radiation on what was already a great CC skill.

Bullet Dance was fixed, that's nice although I still don't have it to test out. Titania now keeping her buffs as intended when going into Razorwing. I'm glad it's working again but honestly they need to change the ability to just give you the max power buff when you pluck out the soul, none of this "earn the stacks" thing. It's too difficult in a murdering group to build up and maintain the buffs, which are all relatively minor compared to other frames (especially Equinox with her augment).

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. Mods only don't stack if they have a regular & prime version. ie you can't use continuity and primed continuity at the same time. Not sure about primed/charged chamber but that can only be gotten through trade atm.

Over the past few weeks I ran more Radiant Meso V1 relic shares than I can count, when taking into account both my own and those of squad members ~40 were used. Only ever got commons and occasional uncommon.

Now I ran a single Intact Meso S2 out of boredom. Only 2% chance, but Saryn Chassis dropped.

RNGeezus is a fickle master.

Over the past few weeks I ran more Radiant Meso V1 relic shares than I can count, when taking into account both my own and those of squad members ~40 were used. Only ever got commons and occasional uncommon.

Now I ran a single Intact Meso S2 out of boredom. Only 2% chance, but Saryn Chassis dropped.

RNGeezus is a fickle master.

Yea rng god can be an annoying piece of shit most of the time.

This may be a placebo of sorts but if you go in the mindset of not really wanting the item, that's when it will usually drop. Countless times i have gotten shit because of it, the other times i have a friend or 2 that rng god seems to adore so stuff will drop when they are present. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom