• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsippel

Banned
Damn, I wish the Warframe colors weren't so damn expensive to buy. I want to create my perfect stealth guy. Do they ever go on sale by any chance?
Yeah, they are damn expensive. Bought the saturated pack using the 75 plat from the alienware giveaway,so I can pretend it was "free". The saturated palette gives you a ton of options IMHO.

Game is fun in parties boring solo lol.
Usually. Though it can be quite fun soloing bosses. Because without all the chaos, you'll actually have a chance to understand how they work - and you'll notice that almost all of them have huge exploits that only really work in solo play. Or in an extremely well coordinated group where everybody knows the exploits I guess. Figuring those out and killing what's usually supposed to be a tough boss solo can be kinda fun.

I can't come up with a good GAF clan emblem. I don't want a standard boring GAF logo.... Gotta be something stylized for the game and would look good displayed on our frames and sentinels. Buuuuuuut, my mind is drawing an absolute blank.

Start posting some ideas! Bonus points if picture is included.

Bombless

Does it also display inside the Dojo? Those giant round seals displayed in the cross sections would work well for that. As for design...I'm not really the creative type.

What would you compare this game too? Slightly interested...need a new game to play.

The speed of movement reminds me of Vanquish and the powers reminds me of Mass Effect. Essentially its a fast paced 3rd person shooter with acrobatics as well as special powers. Worth a try at least since its F2P

Just had a great Xini pug defense group, but craptacular rewards.

5 = Heated Charge
10 = Heated Charge
15 = Hellfire
20 = Hellfire
25 = Hellfire
30 = Hellfire

Then 2 games later, we get a T3 Defense reward from wave 5. :p

Edit: Fieldron research is done! Start crafting them so we can research our first Dojo weapon!

Boy, it's really starting to sink in how long it takes to get these dang weapons...

Flipyap

Edit: Fieldron research is done! Start crafting them so we can research our first Dojo weapon!
A whatron whatsearch is what now? Start crafting what now? I'm so out of the loop, it's not even funny.
The Dojo's labyrinthine design isn't making this any easier to understand, hell, even finding currently worked on projects is kind of a nightmare. I guess easy-to-read management screens would be unninjalike.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
A whatron whatsearch is what now? Start crafting what now? I'm so out of the loop, it's not even funny.
The Dojo's labyrinthine design isn't making this any easier to understand, hell, even finding currently worked on projects is kind of a nightmare. I guess easy-to-read management screens would be unninjalike.

You and me both. Come back from vacation and there's a ton of updates and the dojo has rooms and multiple levels.

metalshade

I have no idea how Dojo weapons work, how to build/buy whatever, but I donated a bunch to some research for something, no idea what or why, but hey.

About the clan symbol, if we have one picked out I can upload it today or tomorrow, but if not it'll probably have to wait a few weeks, have to fly out on Wednesday, dunno when I'll be back but it'll be at least 2 weeks before I can play again

Paltros

Just started playing this yesterday with a friend, it's so good, why did I wait so long to start playing this? I didn't even get the awesome steam deal on the starter package. About my only issue is that when I'm trying to do some of the more complicated maneuvers my fingers start to really hate me, I really need to work on my keybinds.

I'd love an invite to the GAF clan. My in-game name is Daltrus.

Oh gosh. I'm sorry guys. We don't need 50 Fieldrons. Just need the samples that we find on the ground. Totally misread....

To those of you who went out of their way to craft a Fieldron, at least you'll have one ready for when you craft the weapon for yourself.

Oh gosh. I'm sorry guys. We don't need 50 Fieldrons. Just need the samples that we find on the ground. Totally misread....

To those of you who went out of their way to craft a Fieldron, at least you'll have one ready for when you craft the weapon for yourself.

O thank god, I was thinking even with 5 active ppl building 1 every 12 hours, it'd take 5 days to finish (I bought 4 BPs and started making one lol)

Bombless

Ahaahha thank god! I bet that makes you feel much better about the game huh? :)

ElfArmy177

So yea, I got a 75% off coupon for plat... and I got $200 dollars worth for 50 bucks.... Then I had to explain to my wife "But it was on sale! I had to get it"

I mean lets be honest, if the shoes she wanted were 75% off, she would get them.. right? Right?

So yea, I got a 75% off coupon for plat... and I got $200 dollars worth for 50 bucks.... Then I had to explain to my wife "But it was on sale! I had to get it"

I mean lets be honest, if the shoes she wanted were 75% off, she would get them.. right? Right?

Haha sounds like the reasoning behind all my steam sale purchases. But man $200 worth of platinum, wouldn't know what to do with all much

ElfArmy177

Haha sounds like the reasoning behind all my steam sale purchases. But man $200 worth of platinum, wouldn't know what to do with all much

I believe it was about 4300 plat maybe? something like that. Anyways, I purchased Rhino and Nova, got some new weapons, purchased ALL of the skin/color packs. Speaking of which if you want the Deepest black possible, you have to get the smoke pack. Shits like black hole black.

Purchased the Axe for Rhino with the Hammer skin so he looks like a badass, got the dual pistol shotguns (not as good as advertised, only 2 bullets per gun), and still have about 2000 left for when a new warframe is released.

Currently working on Frost so I dont have to purchase him.. lol

Flipyap

Speaking of which if you want the Deepest black possible, you have to get the smoke pack. Shits like black hole black.
Offering that color for sale is a terrible idea from the design perspective, but I guess that never stopped a F2P game.
Running into a Stalker with a team of Ashes and such wearing deepest black with red lights is an... interesting experience.

I believe it was about 4300 plat maybe? something like that. Anyways, I purchased Rhino and Nova, got some new weapons, purchased ALL of the skin/color packs. Speaking of which if you want the Deepest black possible, you have to get the smoke pack. Shits like black hole black.

Purchased the Axe for Rhino with the Hammer skin so he looks like a badass, got the dual pistol shotguns (not as good as advertised, only 2 bullets per gun), and still have about 2000 left for when a new warframe is released.

Currently working on Frost so I dont have to purchase him.. lol

Haha nice, don't forget to buy a sentinel (ones from the market come prepotato'd)

Been running Xini this morning.

Have to say, I'm getting real tired of Novas real fast. I actually did a run with 3 of them once. Surrounded by colorful explosions and leaving nothing for my Saryn to do. Was so bored.

WTB a Warframe group filter.

Also, I'm overstocked on keys.

metalshade

Been running Xini this morning.

Have to say, I'm getting real tired of Novas real fast. I actually did a run with 3 of them once. Surrounded by colorful explosions and leaving nothing for my Saryn to do. Was so bored.

WTB a Warframe group filter.

Also, I'm overstocked on keys.

Oh no, guess I will just have to "help" you with your key problem!
Seriously though, how on earth do you find the time to play long enough to get that many keys man?
No wonder you get so bored though.
Maybe we should only run with rubbish frames/weapons to keep it interesting.

Edit.
DEV gameplay going up here in a few minutes. http://www.twitch.tv/raptr

metalshade

Always a good sign when they ask what "FOV" is...lol

Do they ever give out new info or anything during these or is it just them playing?

Yeah, but when I said Dev's, I meant the woman who is the PR face of the company, and some random dude who is a programmer.
Neither of them really seemed to know how to play their own game lol.
As for new information, not really, but updates on some already known stuff.

During the stream it was confirmed that the next Prime frame will be female, most likely Mag.
There will be more Dojo research weapons added.
More Boss changes/updates are coming.
A new planet will be added.
A new Sentinel is in the works.
Poison is from infested is SUPPOSED to harm the objective.
Vandal weapons will NOT be made available to others.
A new Grineer tileset will be releasing soonish, before update 10, though no dates were given for either.

Sorral

Orokin Catalyst blueprint alert is going on at Cambria, Earth. It has 10hours and 30mins left on it.

There is also a Vauban Systems bp with 26mins left on it at Naamah, Europa.

New transmission received.

Honorable Board
The dogs are barking again. They somehow figured out we have been stockpiling. This upsets them given how we have been tightening the leash on their contracts. The Sisters are demanding we lower our material prices or suffer retribution by some new supership they have. They do not teach economics at Obedience Training.
My recommendation: Raise the prices. Call the dog's bluff and laugh when the imaginary Fomorian ships do no show up and do not disrupt our stockpiles.

Alad V.
Grineer Relations

Hey everyone! We have our first two Dojo weapons unlocked!

Head to the Energy Lab to grab a Prova, or to the Bio Lab to grab a Torid! Prova will require r3 mastery, and Torid will require r4!

I went ahead and donated everything to the Dera research to get that started ASAP. We need to unlock that first to access the remaining energy weapons.

Supra (energy) & Acrid (bio) projects have been started and are accepting contributions :)

Flipyap

Hey everyone! We have our first two Dojo weapons unlocked!

Head to the Energy Lab to grab a Prova, or to the Bio Lab to grab a Torid!
That's cool, but... uh... where are those? Every corner of the dojo looks the same, so I just end up getting lost unless there's someone for me to blindly follow. I could use a damn map!

Really? It's not that big, lol. Take a left at the koi pond. All the labs are upstairs. Once up, to the left is the Oracle & Energy, right is Bio & Chem. I left messages on all the console things in every room, plus the mini map will tell you what room you're in once you're in it. I guess I'll have to make a nice map of our Dojo one day.

Also, another message from Lotus received.

Flipyap

Really? It's not that big, lol. Take a left at the koi pond. All the labs are upstairs. Once up, to the left is the Oracle & Energy, right is Bio & Chem. I left messages on all the console things in every room, plus the mini map will tell you what room you're in once you're in it. I guess I'll have to make a nice map of our Dojo one day.

Also, another message from Lotus received.
It's not that big, but it all looks the same. The floor transitions are the worst. When I first took the elevator, I wasn't sure if I ended up on the other floor, or if something broke and the dojo had to be reloaded.

I seriously think all of the lab and generator room functionality should have been contained in a single room that would become more and more ornate as the clan develops additional pieces of its glowing sci-fi nonsense. It would make it easier to measure your progress or compare clans' wealth. Right now, if you want to brag about your dojo, you have to provide a goshdarned powerpoint presentation.
But what do I know, maybe series of empty plus-shaped hallways are more ninjalike.

A single, upgradable room for all the labs?! Stop making so much sense!

That's just as crazy as a single upgradable clan hall to up our size limit instead of having to build up to 4 additional large, empty rooms.

Flipyap

Dual revolvers are hella dumb (assuming the user is a proud owner of no more than two hands).
You'd need someone following you to reload and, more importantly, spin the cylinders. The current reload animation is a travesty. That shit's gotta spin!

THIS is how you make video game revolvers (plus. the only correct use of the mouse wheel, goddamnit)

/spacegunsinvideogamesareseriousbusiness

Xiaoki

With the recent update can no longer see people that are in missions at all.

Makes it a LOT harder to find groups.

So, now its either randomly click on missions and sit in one(but theres problems with that too). I got a 50% platinum discount as my log in bonus today but I doubt I will use it if I cant really play the game.

Warframe really needs to add a random group finder system. With the right filters it could be a huge help.

metalshade

Nightmare mode now offers an no map and no mission waypoint or mission update variant.
I just played one.
It is the worst thing they have ever implemented into this game.
Honestly, awful decision DE.
Hope they change it soon.

Xiaoki

It does show but only when you hover over the actual mission, which is stupid.

That was the previous update, in today's update I cant see people in missions at all.

Doesnt show when you hover over a mission or when you hover over a planet.

Just logged in for the first time in like a year.

Holy shit.

I still have all my gear but the leveling system has been completely re-worked and I'm sitting on like 750 plat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom