• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000 |OT| In the Grim Darkness of the Community Forum There Is Only War

Holy crap, since when has Armour 15 been a thing!? some of the custodes weapons are bananas!!

Where is the Big E model rumor come from?

That's going to be a 30k model from Forge World. They've been building towards it for years with all their army and battle books.

WolfTime

Banned
Hey SillyEskimo, do you think the first thing Roboute is going to do is confront Calgar and the rest of the Ultramarines for being incompetent morons in terms of interpreting the Codex Astartes all this time while he was gone

shas'la

Hey SillyEskimo, do you think the first thing Roboute is going to do is confront Calgar and the rest of the Ultramarines for being incompetent morons in terms of interpreting the Codex Astartes all this time while he was gone

Cant wait to hear a little story of Calgar handing over the gauntlets !

Hmmm. You gotta think lore-wise and also "selling shit-wise", lol. I think he may just go "Hey, you did the best you could with what you had". "Btw, we need to drop the 1,000 man limit on chapters now because these are such hard times and also so lunatic collectors can have games with 10,000+ miniatures on the board". He wrote the codex so he can change it however he wants after all.

He's going to have so. much. shit. to sort through that I personally do not think him infighting with his own chapter is going to be at the top of the story list. I could be wrong, but I think he'll quickly be directed to bigger and more important things with the full might of a rejuvenated and mission directed chapter. How that ripples through the highest ranks of the Ultramarines will be pretty damn fun to read about. I'm sure every last one will take a knee and feel like they are following the Chosen One.

I just gotta laugh at the thought of a Day 1 scout's first day on the job, fresh out of initiate training, and someone's like "Oh yeah btw, did you hear that our goddamn PRIMARCH just woke from the dead?".

Nazo

Holy crap, since when has Armour 15 been a thing!? some of the custodes weapons are bananas!!

Where is the Big E model rumor come from?

It's for 30k/Horus Heresy, and if you look at the picture in the first link there is a little box talking about the Legio Custodes Tribune, stating that the Tribune must always serve as the Warlord unit unless three other different units are present one of course being the Emperor of Mankind himself. So it blatantly tells us that Emperor will have a model and usable in game as a unit.

WolfTime

Banned
Now does this mean Roboute is going to have authority over the other chapters besides the Ultramarines

will the other chapters yield to his rule?

Now does this mean Roboute is going to have authority over the other chapters besides the Ultramarines

Well, he can at least count on the successors to follow his lead. There have to be at least 200K marines or so based on that geneseed alone I imagine. Right?

Beyond that it is hard to say, obviously not everyone was a big fan of codex astartes. Then again, Guilliman comes off as extremely level headed in the HH books... so maybe he will not be as contentious among the Adeptus Astartes in m41... rather among other imperial cadres. I can imagine the inquistion not being at all happy with him coming back, especially the circumstances of it.

Tacitus_

They could re-introduce the title of Lord Commander of the Imperium. Guilliman created it after the Heresy, but it got abolished during WAAAGH! Beast.

WolfTime

Banned
It will be interesting to see has the upper hand in a duel now between Abaddon and Roboute, especially with Roboute being rusty for so long and Abaddon having reached Primarch level power and experience

WolfTime

Banned
by the way is Roboute suppose to be based on Julius Caesar with the leafs in his head which is sort of the stereotypical Ancient Roman look

GS3-5.jpg

so people are still doubting Cypher's allegiance:) all on facebook it seems

In order to admit that he is a good guy means to admit that the Dark Angels are misguided at best and traitors at worse. It's only natural that DA players and fans would have a difficult time believing he was a good guy the entire time. It only has negative connotations for the DA chapter if true.

Is it true that the only possible loyalist primarch that could realistically come back is The Lion?

Quite a few of them have unknown fates. Wouldn't be surprised to see one to pop up shortly after each deamon primarch model is released.

so people are still doubting Cypher's allegiance:) all on facebook it seems

Well, he's definitely helping the Imperial forces, but his motives aren't clear. He just wants a trip to Terra but he's not saying why.

Tacitus_

by the way is Roboute suppose to be based on Julius Caesar with the leafs in his head which is sort of the stereotypical Ancient Roman look

GS3-5.jpg

Yes, Ultramar is supposed to be Greco-Roman IN SPACE. Though the laurel wreath is common outside of Ultramar as well.

WolfTime

Banned
Hey Tacitus....Abaddon vs. Roboute duel would be interesting now...Roboute being rusty after a long time, while Abaddon has reached primarch level power and has had been constantly gaining combat experience

Maledict

Well, he's definitely helping the Imperial forces, but his motives aren't clear. He just wants a trip to Terra but he's not saying why.

I had always assumed he was on his way to Terra to kill the Emperor, as per the star-child prophecy.

EDIT: And I worry they are going to Worf Roboute, and have Abaddon kill him off to show how powerful he now is.

WolfTime

Banned
I had always assumed he was on his way to Terra to kill the Emperor, as per the star-child prophecy.

EDIT: And I worry they are going to Worf Roboute, and have Abaddon kill him off to show how powerful he now is.

I don't think they will.....I think this is going to be the beginning of a long story development with Roboute trying to restructure the entire Imperium while also dealing with the lords of terra, inqusition and other elements

This could go the other way too, and show that how powerful Abby is now still pales in comparison to a Primarch of old. Still, Emperor's sword vs Horus's lightening claw all over again! Perhaps Dante can fulfill his prophecy and face Abby first, getting his ass killed but opening up a weak point in Abby's armor for Robutt to exploit!

And I agree 100% on the star child prophecy theory. Caliban's entire purpose is to kill the Emperor of Mankind.

Tacitus_

Hey Tacitus....Abaddon vs. Roboute duel would be interesting now...Roboute being rusty after a long time, while Abaddon has reached primarch level power and has had been constantly gaining combat experience

Ehh... I don't think that Abaddon is Primarch level. They are stupidly powerful - can tank cannon blasts with their face and whatnot. Though that feat might not be literal, since Vulkan was musing how such durability just not should be possible.

I wonder how they will have the emperor's sword being there. I always thought it was resting across his lap as he sat on the golden throne.

WolfTime

Banned
Now that I think about it Guilliman is defintelly the best choice for GW to bring him back

I know everyone wants to see Russ, Vulkan, Lion, Dorn

but i feel like none of them will or would of had the effect that Guilliman will most likely have

Now that I think about it Guilliman is defintelly the best choice for GW to bring him back

I know everyone wants to see Russ, Vulkan, Lion, Dorn

but i feel like none of them will or would of had the effect that Guilliman will most likely have

He's a great first to bring back due to his significance. The rest can follow as the storylines develop over the next decade. Russ coming back could mean he has what he needs to cure the GE though.

WolfTime

Banned
What about Sangunius next after Roboute

I mean....
Is there any possible chance that Black Library might retcon Sangunius death towards the end of the Horus Heresy series..

I want to see the Angel again :(

is there any chance?

latest

WolfTime

Banned
well there is one thing im worried about

I don't want this to be a one and done for Roboute where he comes back and then sacrificies himself....I don't want this to be like Vulkan during The Beast arises

I hope GW has a long term plan with Roboute trying to reorganize the Imperium

manfestival

welp looks like the return of roboute really electrified the community. I talked to a couple people that havent played in years and are now considering coming back because of all that is going on. Something along the lines of waiting like 20+ years for these events

Does Calgar have to give his leadership to Roboute now?

That's a given.

Also, did a little reading and it would appear that 500ish of the space Marine chapters, or roughly half, are either directly from Ultramarine gene stock or their Second Founding successors. It is considered the most stable gene stock by the Imperium.

So, our first risen Primarch will likely have immediate command of half the loyalist marine chapters.

WolfTime

Banned
That's a given.

Also, did a little reading and it would appear that 500ish of the space Marine chapters, or roughly half, are either directly from Ultramarine gene stock or their Second Founding successors. It is considered the most stable gene stock by the Imperium.

So, our first risen Primarch will likely have immediate command of half the loyalist marine chapters.

I can see Roboute helping Cypher kill the Emperor so they can "rebirth" him

well there is one thing im worried about

I don't want this to be a one and done for Roboute where he comes back and then sacrificies himself....I don't want this to be like Vulkan during The Beast arises

I hope GW has a long term plan with Roboute trying to reorganize the Imperium

He's only just been given a model and rules for use in 40k, he's isn't going to die.

WolfTime

Banned
I wonder how Roboute will feel about the worshiping of the Emperor that's been going on in the Imperium ever since he was put in stasis

WolfTime

Banned
so a guy on DakkaDakka, said he listened to a stream that had some mild spoilers about Rise of the Primarch
After the end of the first book when the imperium and Eldar, everyone heads back to Macragge for reasons. When they get there the find it under full blown assault by the black legion. Apparently the destruction of the pylons at Cabin has let chaos strike pretty much anywhere they like.
Some grey Knights tip up too, including the new guy.

Anyway the chaos invasion gets as far as the very chamber in which roboute is sleeping. He wakes up somehow, turns the tide on chaos and in no time at all wins the war for Macragge.
After this they need to go to Terra for reasons, but warp travel is a bit tricky. They end having to go through the maelstrom for reasons. They meet Cypher who says he will help them through the maelstrom if they take him to Terra.

there is apparently a lot of stuff about Roboute dealing with the changes to the imperium in his absence. Celestial freaks him out a bit because she reminds him of Dad. He apparently also knows Cawl from way back.

Cleaner version of that pic of 30K Magnus:

Cover art for upcoming Black Library Horus Heresy stuff!
February 2017 novel:
Garro.jpg

March 2017 audio drama:
Binary.jpg

April 2017 anthology:
ShatteredLegions.jpg

April 2017 novel:
Perturabo.jpg

May 2017 audio drama anthology:
EchoesRevelation.jpg

June 2017 audio drama:
CrimsonKing.jpg

July 2017 novel:
Lorgar.jpg

July 2017 audio drama:
DarkCompliance.jpg

August 2017 anthology:
Tallarn.jpg

September 2017 audio drama:
BlackShields.jpg

September 2017 novel:
fulgrim.jpg

WolfTime

Banned
I'll say this, The Emperor is a massive hypocrite when it comes to psykers

"Be the most powerful psyker in the universe" but yet you have a problem with psykers in the space marine legions

I'm glad many of the primarchs went against his decree on this issue

Tacitus_

I'll say this, The Emperor is a massive hypocrite when it comes to psykers

"Be the most powerful psyker in the universe" but yet you have a problem with psykers in the space marine legions

I'm glad many of the primarchs went against his decree on this issue

He's a big proponent of "do as I say, not as I do". Though with psykers it's more about "you're gonna fuck this up if you're not careful - and you're not being careful so I'll ban you from the toys"

WolfTime

Banned
so me and my friend got in an argument

He thinks a Chaos Space Marine, currently, is on the level of a Primarch, because of the 10,000 years of experience gained while the loyalist Primarchs have been missing or in stasis

he claims that most CSM are probably even more experienced than Roboute, seeing as he has been out of commission for 9000 years

is he right, could a CSM match a primarch?

so me and my friend got in an argument

He thinks a Chaos Space Marine, currently, is on the level of a Primarch, because of the 10,000 years of experience gained while the loyalist Primarchs have been missing or in stasis

he claims that most CSM are probably even more experienced than Roboute, seeing as he has been out of commission for 9000 years

is he right, could a CSM match a primarch?

Beyond the whole lame-ness of "power level" conversations in general, I really do not think a legionaire veteran of the long war stands up to a primarch with any real scrutiny. Reading the HH books puts that into perspective as even incredibly powerful warriors and xenos are put down by the primarchs before they even see the strike that hits them.

Fulgrim v. Avatar of Khaine.

Sanginius v. Blood Thirster

etc.

Also, one must not forget that having spent XXXX amount of years in the eye does not mean XXXX amount of years in realspace, nor taht such years mean accumulated practical experience. Similarly, not all legionaires of the traitor legions are from the heresy times: they have been recruiting, implanting geneseed, or taking stock from traitor CSM chapters as well. The Iron Warriors book puts that into perspective. Also, not all legionaires from that time have ascended to demon hood or have been granted gifts.

Top Bottom