• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 launches September 9th

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Pre-order just went live on PSN:

MNU53wO.jpeg

Stafford

It looks great, as always. But one thing....

In the trailer it says 3 player co-op mode Operations. Makes it sound like it's separate from the story campaign. I truly hope we DO get to play the story in co-op.

Stafford

Googled it and Polygon says this.

Space Marine 2 will have a single-player campaign and a co-op three-person campaign that can be played with friends or AI teammates.

That sure sounds like a seperate campaign to me. Otherwise why not say a SP campaign that is also available for co-op? Hopefully both are well put together.

FunkMiller

Well, shit. The customisation thing has me by the balls....as long as I can go full on Alpha Legion.

This is going to have to pull some major bullshit to stop me buying it day one.

FunkMiller

There was a writer on the game called Ashley Cooper. Full on screaming Era-type who hates straight white dudes, according to his social media. Hopefully was long off the game before it came together - but nobody knows for sure.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
There was a writer on the game called Ashley Cooper. Full on screaming Era-type who hates straight white dudes, according to his social media. Hopefully was long off the game before it came together - but nobody knows for sure.

Oh. Yeah then I hope so too. I've had enough preaching in games and I am not even white.

I'm highly interested in Single Player mode than the rest which looks pretty dope. But I'll get standard edition, not supporting that 4 days early access BS.

FUBARx89

I can see it now.

The Space Marines lay down their Bolters & Chainswords and admit they've been wrong about everything, more so incredibly wrong about the male white devil God Emporer and pay reparations to the innocent Orcs, Elder & Tyranids. Few planets.

Chaos get fuck all for their male privilege.

A huge kumbaya happens, Imperium of man collapses and is replaced by REEEEEEEE mods Nepenthe cosplaying as an Orc.

Last edited:
Animated GIF

Q: Will the game include microtransactions?
A: There aren't any microtransactions in Space Marine 2. No in-game cash shop. All gameplay content and features will be free to all players. Any paid DLCs will be cosmetic only.

Will probably still be DLC hell for cosmetics, but at least it's not a Gladius situation again.

Also, are we going to talk about that Space Marine drop-kicking a Tyranid in the last trailer or not?

Top Bottom