• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide |OT| It's not Ogre yet.

vocab

Ive been interested in this game for a bit. Is it worth picking up? The player base isnt too big, which is fine, but worries me that something is wrong with the game.

Ive been interested in this game for a bit. Is it worth picking up? The player base isnt too big, which is fine, but worries me that something is wrong with the game.

It's a great time if you like the Left 4 Dead formula. There's nothing wrong with the game, just kind of a niche title.

StMeph

It's a good game if you like Left 4 Dead and like melee combat. Ranged weapons are limited by ammunition and tend to be reserved for killing specials. It also helps if you have friends to play with in a static group, as random games in lobbies can be hit-or-miss. The rewards system is more like Payday in that it's all-or-nothing, predicated on completing your mission, and can seem frustrating early on since you don't get much for failing.

There were some details (might have been a leak) about an Xbox version, but since March is over in about a week, it's definitely not making it by Q1 2016.

Just got a PR email from them.

They have just crossed 500,000 copies sold on PC
Throughout 2016 they will continue to release new content and add new features to the game
The next DLC will be available early May
Further updates regarding upcoming console release will be made in the "near future"

Just got a PR email from them.

They have just crossed 500,000 copies sold on PC
Throughout 2016 they will continue to release new content and add new features to the game
The next DLC will be available early May
Further updates regarding upcoming console release will be made in the "near future"

Really really happy to hear this.

When the new update comes out I'll definitely rework the OP to include both DLC updates. I imagine, it would probably be better to create some kind of album for the units to save space, then I can fit the DLC info in without being too ridiculous.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I have a notification for isthereanydeal set up, and a lot of online stores have this for < 20 bucks right now. Seems like there's a sale going on.

Drachenfels DLC released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33VfPvCka0

0835c184a3.png

Saw the free weekend and decided to have a go at the game. Is quite fun. Enjoy using the soldier or dwarf with a 2h hammer the most, charge attacks for hordes and quick strikes for stormrats.

But... the loot system, gods, what a mess. And releasing maps as paid dlc? Does this game even have a large enough playerbase to split it?

Lord Phol

Saw the free weekend today and ended up playing for 10 hours. The game definitely copies a lot from Left 4 Dead, the loot is way too grindy and RNG-based, it's pretty badly optimized but I had a lot of fun. Thinking about buying it now that it's on sale but I'm afraid that the playerbase will be pretty dead or that everyone else will be super high in level and only playing the harder difficulties (Hard was a pretty good balance of challenge vs fun for me).

So I'm guessing this hit consoles with a soft wet thud :( Finally got my PS4 retail copy from the UK in the mail and its been a struggle to find any games with people online. At most its been 1 or 2 people. Most of the time I'm going at it alone though. Shame as it seems like a super fun game and I'd love to get into it more but the single player feels kinda boring on your own.

SURGEdude

So I'm guessing this hit consoles with a soft wet thud :( Finally got my PS4 retail copy from the UK in the mail and its been a struggle to find any games with people online. At most its been 1 or 2 people. Most of the time I'm going at it alone though. Shame as it seems like a super fun game and I'd love to get into it more but the single player feels kinda boring on your own.

I think there are some major matchmaking bugs that don't help. Heck there are just lots of bugs period in the PS4 build I played. More than I remember even around PC launch.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I bought this is in the Humble Bundle and just got to play a few rounds and I really like it, I don't really know fully what I'm doing but I know I'm having fun. I will be jumping in more tomorrow for sure during peak hours as no one is playing at 5:30am unsurprisingly :D

(is there a way to see where you're supposed to go? I keep getting lost)

DonF

Heyyyyy, holy shit why is it only now that I realize about the existence of this game.

How's the scene in PS4? Good? Alive? Dead? :(

I know! Just saw it mentioned on the left 4 dead thread, its looks really interesting. Saw some videos of the game on ps4 and it looks like the framerate isnt very good.

Is it playable on ps4? How is it on the pro?? Hows the matchmaking?

I know! Just saw it mentioned on the left 4 dead thread, its looks really interesting. Saw some videos of the game on ps4 and it looks like the framerate isnt very good.

I came from the same thread, too. I follow the game industry closely EVERYDAY and have never heard of this game. How is this even possible??

Edit: A quick cruise to Metacritic reveals that none of the major game sites covered it. The question is WHY?

Edit 2: Found an IGN review of the PC Version. Game looks kinda meh. I can see how it would get lost in the holiday release glut.

Markew001

Also coming from the L4D thread... this game looks pretty interesting. Looks like it was just recently on sale too, darn.

Anyone know if there's still any online activity? PS+ offering could give it a nice bump!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Heyyyyy, holy shit why is it only now that I realize about the existence of this game.

How's the scene in PS4? Good? Alive? Dead? :(

I came from the same thread, too. I follow the game industry closely EVERYDAY and have never heard of this game. How is this even possible??

Edit: A quick cruise to Metacritic reveals that none of the major game sites covered it. The question is WHY?

Edit 2: Found an IGN review of the PC Version. Game looks kinda meh. I can see how it would get lost in the holiday release glut.

Also coming from the L4D thread... this game looks pretty interesting. Looks like it was just recently on sale too, darn.

Anyone know if there's still any online activity? PS+ offering could give it a nice bump!

It's a great game, definitely deserved a bigger marketing push for awareness. The PC is very far ahead of the consoles right now in terms of content. Lots of DLC and added patched features far beyond the single pack available on PS4. Still, on console there are more maps to enjoy than L4D as is. On PS4 framerate is a steady 30fps and it plays fine. (The game has a glitch issue it seems that causes freezing when joining matches, though one workaround is to turn off VOIP in options which fixed it for me).

The game does lean more on melee than guns(though three of the five characters can go ranged pretty handily using their bows, pistols, or magic spells), but expect to chop heads and limbs quite a bit. Progression is the same as L4D, work through a large level as the AI director throws random sets of fodder and specials your way before hitting the goal. There is a loot component(only rewarded for finishing a level), but it's really well handled and isn't at all like Diablo or such.

Playerbase is light on PS4(PC I think slighly better but haven't checked lately). Games exist on PS4, I've never had a problem finding one, but arent many lobbies to choos from usually. Still it's an awesome game, get it on PC if able, but PS4 is fine. L4D fans really need to give it a shot.

Nazo

I'm really sorry for resurrecting this thread out of the blue but I need help with the Quests and Contracts stuff on PS4. I accept the quests and nothing happens when I go into a level. I never get the little objective tracker in the right hand corner to show up. I've look all over and I can't find anyway to fix this. :(

Top Bottom