• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk "Omega Dawn" Screenies + videos, details and impressions (post #226)

Jaeyden

deepbrown said:
Bought it in the US...DOn't like having Downloadables. I also wanted a headset.

But wait...I do have US peeps who share with me...I just buy them something in return. But how do we go about sharing this booster pack if it's buyable in Warhawk? Will it appear in the PS store like other things bought? TTP do you know?

Thanks

What about buying it through the U.K. store. Deleting it and then redownloading it from the U.S. store...would that work?

deepbrown

Jaeyden said:
What about buying it through the U.K. store. Deleting it and then redownloading it from the U.S. store...would that work?
Hey J! Umm well I don't think that will work. It's not on ANY of the stores yet though is it...it's only on the Warhawk store itself?

Anyway I know how normal sharing works...but is this like normal sharing? I ask that to people who have already shared it. Thanks ye.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
well thats lame....apparently its very sensitive how you put the info in. i had to do all lowercase and my middle initial but now my account is locked out for 24 hours and they said there is nothing they could do....lame.

deepbrown said:
Hey J! Umm well I don't think that will work. It's not on ANY of the stores yet though is it...it's only on the Warhawk store itself?

Anyway I know how normal sharing works...but is this like normal sharing? I ask that to people who have already shared it. Thanks ye.

Why not try buying a pre paid mastercard to buy stuff off the US Store like I did. I was in the same boat as you now I can buy anything.

deepbrown

Katana_Strikes said:
Why not try buying a pre paid mastercard to buy stuff off the US Store like I did. I was in the same boat as you now I can buy anything.
I don't want a mastercard. Thanks though :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'll setup a 20p Omega Factory server later tonight if you guys want.

Ranked? Unranked? Modes? What do you guys want??

Riddick

Wow this map is massive and it's really difficult to play it by foot because of the size but there is some very cool architecture on the ground. I started playing Warhawk two days ago
getting my ass kicked
and now I have a new huge map. <3 Incognito

Grayman

Killthee said:
I'll setup a 20p Omega Factory server later tonight if you guys want.

Ranked? Unranked? Modes? What do you guys want??
oooh!

What rules affect ranked now and can you do private slots like PC games yet?

theBishop

Banned
Downloading now. I like the way the store overlays over the game and takes you straight to the PSN Store's checkout system. Hopefully this type of concurrency is a sign of things to come.

Wollan

SingStar PS3 uses the same system. It's own store but it takes you to the known wallet function when you pay. Pretty neat.

theBishop

Banned
Wollan said:
SingStar PS3 uses the same system. It's own store but it takes you to the known wallet function when you pay. Pretty neat.

but the download is in your PSN Store "Download list" if you need it later, right?

PS: does Rock Band use this system? If it doesn't, it should.

EDIT: yeah, the booster pack shows up in the download list on the PSP browser-based store, so i'm sure its in the PS3 store as well.

So can I gameshare the add-on? I know Warhawk you can't game share but the add-on should be cool right? And to those who say game sharing is bad, It IS if your sharing with random just to save money but if I just want to share it with personal friends who I know what's wrong with it? We all bought Warhawk anyway.

Grayman

miyamotofreak said:
So can I gameshare the add-on? I know Warhawk you can't game share but the add-on should be cool right? And to those who say game sharing is bad, It IS if your sharing with random just to save money but if I just want to share it with personal friends who I know what's wrong with it? We all bought Warhawk anyway.
It's Sony's choice to allow game sharing or not on warhawk, so if they do you have the moral high ground.

Although I would think that omega would have similar DRM to warhawk where it is one account per 24 hours or whatever they did.

theBishop

Banned
miyamotofreak said:

I don't think its wrong to gameshare. Just don't cry when you buy a PS3 Slimline in a couple years and don't have any activation slots left. DRM licks balls.

Wollan

theBishop said:
I don't think its wrong to gameshare. Just don't cry when you buy a PS3 Slimline in a couple years and don't have any activation slots left. DRM licks balls.
You can deactivate systems under account management.

Kittonwy

Banned
IMA DOWNLOADIN' IT RIGHT NOW RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

85 percent rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

theBishop

Banned
Wollan said:
You can deactivate systems under account management.

yeah, but once you start doing it on friends systems (let alone Gaf strangers) it can become difficult to remember where you did it.

theBishop

Banned
jesus... i forgot how terrible WarHawk's server list is.

its not bad enough that its like a PC game circa 1997, the player count may as well not be there at all because its never correct.

Dylan Jobe: I want you to fix this

Grayman

So why doesn't SCE have a 24/7 omega server!

I had to go to a player ran server to get my fix and it was running like ass.

Killthee

Grayman said:
oooh!

What rules affect ranked now and can you do private slots like PC games yet?

I can do a Ranked Dedicated (Min. players 8, Friendly Fire 100%, Split Screen Off, Blance and Switch Teams On, CTF Fly with Flag off, Chernovan/Eucadian Clan Auto assign disabled) or Player Ranked (same rules apply). I can save as many slots as I want for people in my friend list.

Grayman said:
So why doesn't SCE have a 24/7 omega server!

I had to go to a player ran server to get my fix and it was running like ass.

The map was released early via the in game store, official release date is still tomorrow.

Grayman

Killthee said:
I can do a Ranked Dedicated (Min. players 8, Friendly Fire 100%, Split Screen Off, Blance and Switch Teams On, CTF Fly with Flag off, Chernovan/Eucadian Clan Auto assign disabled) or Player Ranked (same rules apply). I can save as many slots as I want for people in my friend list.

The map was released early via the in game store, official release date is still tomorrow.
well up to you/gaf. i know the balance settings usually bugged us on ranked servers because we could never switch to play together. When were you going to set it up?

About omega, they should still jump on it!

List of stuff for Jobe:
-"Fix" autobalance so it doesn't stop me from playing with my bros. Even if I have to spectate waiting for joins.
-Screensaver in menu screens

spwolf

theBishop said:
jesus... i forgot how terrible WarHawk's server list is.

its not bad enough that its like a PC game circa 1997, the player count may as well not be there at all because its never correct.
Dylan Jobe: I want you to fix this

sure it is. Probably the best server list on the consoles since the fixes few months ago.

Killthee

Grayman said:
well up to you/gaf. i know the balance settings usually bugged us on ranked servers because we could never switch to play together. When were you going to set it up?

About omega, they should still jump on it!

List of stuff for Jobe:
-"Fix" autobalance so it doesn't stop me from playing with my bros. Even if I have to spectate waiting for joins.
-Screensaver in menu screens

I'm setting it up right now. Ranked Dedicated, Omega Map only, All modes in rotation, 3 slots saved for my buddy list, i'll kick people out if need be to make room for people in this topic.

Server Name: NGAF_OMEGA_DESTRUCTION

theBishop

Banned
spwolf said:
sure it is. Probably the best server list on the consoles since the fixes few months ago.

you must have the magic version. I was just joining servers 15 minutes ago and had the same problems i've always had.

swoon

Killthee said:
I'm setting it up right now. Ranked Dedicated, Omega Map only, All modes in rotation, 3 slots saved for my buddy list, i'll kick people out if need be to make room for people in this topic.

Server Name: NGAF_OMEGA_DESTRUCTION

it's set as ranked limited

Chris_C

Well, looks like it's time for me to go ahead and get Warhawk now, I'll pick up the booster pack as well I think.

Can you PSN share Warhawk at all? And the booster pack?

Killthee

Chris_C said:
Well, looks like it's time for me to go ahead and get Warhawk now, I'll pick up the booster pack as well I think.

Can you PSN share Warhawk at all? And the booster pack?

You can't gameshare the full game (it's tied to your PSN account meaning you have to login with the account your purchased it with), not sure about the map pack.

Top Bottom