• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk "Omega Dawn" Screenies + videos, details and impressions (post #226)

Steroyd

Wow that new map is completely massive! I still haven't been in a dropship but I've seen a few flying about. It's pure madness!

£%"%$%£$%!"$@${"£$

*Furiously re-re-rechecks the Warhawk store*

I've been playing Warhawk again lately, and last night I ran into some problems that really dropped my anticipation for it. In one match, the screen went nearly all black [it was like playing in a negative zone] for about thirty seconds, and throughout the match the 'turret' mechanical sound would randomly turn itself on and off, no matter where I was. Then I started playing with some asshole who got mad at me for calling out info to teammates. When I asked him if he wanted to win, he said, "not really." At that point, I played Mass Effect.

I still want to play the new map, but it's such a shame that this game still has tech problems, team killers, etc.

kbear

What's the general consensus on this? Are a lot of people going to buy it or just a small %? I haven't played much Warhawk for months... just an occasional go like once a week.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Captain Glanton said:
I still want to play the new map, but it's such a shame that this game still has tech problems, team killers, etc.
You point out one technical glitch that I've never seen and haven't seen anyone else complain about and one instance of an encounter with a non-team player and you think it's fair to inflate that into the game being plagued with tech problems and team killers at this point? And it's ironic that you sought the solace of Mass Effect of all games to avoid tech problems...

Edit: Also ironic - complaining about team killers but then bugging out on a team because one guy didn't like what you were doing. What if the rest appreciated what you were doing?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It looks so good... wow.

Crisis

Banned
Downloaded the patch and Omega Dawn is background installing right now. I really like this in-game store stuff a lot. Makes everything really easy if you know you're going to purchase it. Don't pick background downloading when you're getting Omega Dawn because since you're logged into Warhawk it won't work. For those curious the patch is 42MB and went by BLAZING fast for me. Omega Dawn is 144MB. If you buy Omega Dawn in the store and you either don't download it immediately or you pick background downloading you can redownload it any time from your account management. This is definitely the way to go for this kind of content.

deepbrown said:
Not there for me (UK) but then again I have the US game so I'm fucked anyway

I'm at work so I can't check. I knew I should've brought my PSP to work! I had a friend check and she said that it's not up in UK or US stores yet. WTF?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Choke on the Magic said:
Do you have a US account as well? Would you mind checking to see if it's up there? The anticipation is killing me inside. Work be damned!
Just bought and DLing it now from US store

Benedict

It's stuck.

When trying to join a game Inversion, Omega factory., on the loading screen. nothing happens. It's been 5 minutes..

What should I do? Hard reset with the powerbutton on the back?
Nothing is responding.

A small green light is shining on the front of the ps3

ATTN: US WarHawk Players-

I had to actually start up Warhawk and go Online to be prompted to purchase it. I'm downloading now. It wasn't in the conventional PSN store yet.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TheJollyCorner said:

I had to actually start up Warhawk and go Online to be prompted to purchase it. I'm downloading now. It wasn't in the conventional PSN store yet.

I got mine for free :p

TheJollyCorner said:

Quoted for emphasis.

So, if you want to play with the new stuff, do you have to do it on player servers only? Will they have SCEA servers just for those of us who buy the new pack?

P209

jeremy_ricci said:
No, because game sharing sucks, get some damn money you broke ass.

Actually i bought the game hence the "can I game share" and not "will someone game share with me" eat some shut the fuck up and enjoy k thanks

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Crap...i am trying to put my new credit card in for the psn and now it wont let me do anything...says the info i put is invalid everytime but i must have looked over it a million times...anyone else have this problem before? I need to do this before tomorrow!!

deepbrown

Choke on the Magic said:
I'm not too sure on what you could do aside from trying to dl the UK version and and pray it works with the US hard copy. Why the US hardcopy if you don't mind me asking?
Bought it in the US...DOn't like having Downloadables. I also wanted a headset.

But wait...I do have US peeps who share with me...I just buy them something in return. But how do we go about sharing this booster pack if it's buyable in Warhawk? Will it appear in the PS store like other things bought? TTP do you know?

Thanks

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
[CFD] El Capitan said:
Crap...i am trying to put my new credit card in for the psn and now it wont let me do anything...says the info i put is invalid everytime but i must have looked over it a million times...anyone else have this problem before? I need to do this before tomorrow!!
Some credit cards require them to be activated. Just wondering if you have done that. If so, how long ago did you do it since there maybe a delay in activating and actually being able to use it.

One more hour and I will be home to get Omega Dawn :D

[CFD] El Capitan said:

it's very, very particular.

One time I missed the "Ln." abbreviation for my street name and it said my info was invalid. Also make sure your billing address matches whatever card you are trying to put in.

Make sure the info you put in is 100% spot on.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
hmm well i looked at my billing statement and put everything in exactly as that...and i've had this card for a while now and its activated...could it be case sensitive?

EDIT: waiting for playstaion online chat help now.

Top Bottom