• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk "Omega Dawn" Screenies + videos, details and impressions (post #226)

Best Online MP game just got better it seems.
If Sony Dont release those f'ing PSN cards before this hits i'm going to be furious!!!!

Wollan

I moaned like a whore seeing these pics. Very much a G-Police vibe (which again borrowed from Blade Runner).
I like how complex the ship looks with dual storey cockpit windows, electro magnetic lifting tech, the insane canons and a aircraft body with a very 'tool' like feel to it.

Firewire said:
113290.jpg

Notice the nemesis' in hover mode? I'm guessing the dropship is as slow as molasses and those cannons are probably lethal. Now if only you can drop the vehicle in mid-air it will be perfect. Oh, and I too cannot get over how stunning the new map looks.

Flo_Evans

Steroyd said:
Curse you people wanting to get in the clan, I've already got rid of everybody who hasn't played the game in over a month.

crap! I was in GAFsouth, are all those dissolved? I haven't played in awhile but these screens are making me want to go fire it up right now :D

ksamedi

Madman said:
It should be about 8 dollars.

Its not that I wouldn't pay that, but somehow, I can't deposit any money to the PS store because it doesn't accept my creditcard (for no reason).

The Jer

Flo_Evans said:
crap! I was in GAFsouth, are all those dissolved? I haven't played in awhile but these screens are making me want to go fire it up right now :D
We aren't exactly "dissolved" but we certainly aren't playing together as a clan. :/

I've made sure to keep the clan around for tag purposes and such (it's cool to spot other people with the GAF tag). But, if you're serious about playing with other GAFfers, then you need to contact Steroyd. He's running the only "active" clan.

Anyone who can't commit to consistently playing with the GAF clan and wants to part of an "inactive" clan, to get the tag or whatever, can PM me.

I put up a message on the clan message board a while back to contact Steroyd if you're interested in playing with other GAFfers. But, GAFsouth hasn't "dissolved."

Madman

ksamedi said:
Its not that I wouldn't pay that, but somehow, I can't deposit any money to the PS store because it doesn't accept my creditcard (for no reason).
Make 100% sure your info is right. Don't know what else to tell you.

Flo_Evans

The Jer said:
We aren't exactly "dissolved" but we certainly aren't playing together as a clan. :/

I've made sure to keep the clan around for tag purposes and such (it's cool to spot other people with the GAF tag). But, if you're serious about playing with other GAFfers, then you need to contact Steroyd. He's running the only "active" clan.

Anyone who can't commit to consistently playing with the GAF clan and wants to part of an "inactive" clan, to get the tag or whatever, can PM me.

I put up a message on the clan message board a while back to contact Steroyd if you're interested in playing with other GAFfers. But, GAFsouth hasn't "dissolved."

Yeah I just logged on and saw it. I will just stay with GAFs then. But we need to re-activate some of the members :D

kaching said:
The more I see of this engine, the more I pine for another War of the Monsters built on it.

I need all the voices for The Cause I can get! War of the Monsters 2, Dylan Jobe!

numble said:
Obligatory "was I removed/invited?" post.

Obligatory, log in so you don't get booted post. :p

Byakuya769 said:
hahahahahahah... seriously?

You're not going to last long around here with a shitty attitude like that.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I need all the voices for The Cause I can get! War of the Monsters 2, Dylan Jobe!

Obligatory, log in so you don't get booted post. :p

You're not going to last long around here with a shitty attitude like that.

Maybe not in this thread I won't... but I think I'll find myself seen as a realist and not a fanboy stating off the wall stuff like "psn is the place to be"... when it's really not. I'm excited for the update, like everyone else... but I'm not excited about being nickel and dimed for a game that provided an almost incomplete experience initially.

Azsori

When I first heard of this I was like "Yeah right, I am not paying for just a new map and ship, I play COD4 now anyway...DLC is still looking like a joke."

But the screens blew me away. I can see this getting me into Warhawk again big time. This seems like the first DLC worth buying to me, way to go Incog.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Byakuya769 said:
but I think I'll find myself seen as a realist and not a fanboy stating off the wall stuff like "psn is the place to be"... when it's really not.
Yeah, you're some realist. Guy says that PS3 is home to some of the best and biggest online experiences for 2007 and you think that's unrealistic?

...for a game that provided an almost incomplete experience initially.
Keepin' it real fo sho.

kaching said:
Yeah, you're some realist. Guy says that PS3 is home to some of the best and biggest online experiences for 2007 and you think that's unrealistic?

Keepin' it real fo sho.

Volume of players online doesn't really support that...

kaching said:

Keepin' it real fo sho.

Keepin' it real stupid. :lol

Just earned my 4x4 badge. Rank up! :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Byakuya769 said:
Volume of players online doesn't really support that...
Doesn't support what? You've gone from twisting his words into a claim that "psn is the place to be" to apparently nitpicking over the semantics of the word "biggest" in this context. Good job, realist.

praxis69

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
hahahahahahah... seriously?

Um, yeah? Resistance, Warhawk, Motostorm -- and those are just the exclusives. Next up, we have UT3 and Haze, which are timed exclusives. Yeah, factoring exclusives and non-exclusives, the PS3 has the best online games.

Azsori said:
When I first heard of this I was like "Yeah right, I am not paying for just a new map and ship

I kinda felt the same way initially. The fact that they're retrofitting the other maps sealed the deal though. Dropships are going to turn CTF on it's head. :D

h3ro

Thats more than I wanted to spend... but they got me... the new level looks awesome... I guess I can no longer bitch about teh Haloz DLC now... friggin Wowhawk

That's about right. If you divide each battlefield originally in the game that comes to $7.99 a piece. Add an awesome new vehicle and even more layouts and it's a bargain for one of the best multi-player action shooters out there. :)

Steroyd

I catch up on this thread and I'm reading
banned
banned
banned
banned

o_O

£3.99 oh man why late December and so close to Christmas. :(

mm04

$7.99 isn't bad. I've been burned out on Warhawk, but this will hopefully get me playing it again. Those dropships are going to be heavy heavy targets. Who doesn't want to rack up 7 or is it 8, kills in one pop? I know I'll be aiming for them! As well as littering potential landing spots with landmines galore.

Lo-Volt

Panda Bear Shenyu said:
warhawk_1.jpg

So we might finally one day get to take down the massive warships from the original trailer?!?!?!?!?!?! @_@ Awesome wowsome

God, I would love a single-player Wowhawk sequel.

mm04 said:
$7.99 isn't bad. I've been burned out on Warhawk, but this will hopefully get me playing it again. Those dropships are going to be heavy heavy targets. Who doesn't want to rack up 7 or is it 8, kills in one pop? I know I'll be aiming for them! As well as littering potential landing spots with landmines galore.

I get the impression dropships won't be super easy targets. They just have one gun from the previous press release, so it has limited defense; which is why it's flying in formation with Warhawk / Nemesis support.

I don't think Incognito would make it so easy to rack up points.

If anything, this is going to emphasize teamwork.

Teamwork to take a dropship out of the air.

Teamwork to defend the dropship and escape with the flag / secure the zone.

Teamwork to defend against a dropship landing.

Etc.

AndyPants

Panda Bear Shenyu said:
warhawk_1.jpg

So we might finally one day get to take down the massive warships from the original trailer?!?!?!?!?!?! @_@ Awesome wowsome

I believe one of the devs said they are aiming for 64 or more players for the sequel. Then we would indeed be getting close to that picture.

If nothing else, I would like the level they showed off before with the megaships as DLC later on. As long as we get a new environment every couple months I dont mind paying my way slowly to the full price of 60 bucks.

mm04

The Take Out Bandit said:
I get the impression dropships won't be super easy targets. They just have one gun from the previous press release, so it has limited defense; which is why it's flying in formation with Warhawk / Nemesis support.

I don't think Incognito would make it so easy to rack up points.

If anything, this is going to emphasize teamwork.

Teamwork to take a dropship out of the air.

Teamwork to defend the dropship and escape with the flag / secure the zone.

Teamwork to defend against a dropship landing.

Etc.

Oh, I don't think it will be easy. I'm just thinking that when one is spotted in the air, everyone and their mother will focus on it. I'm guessing there's going to be ridiculous recanting of stories of 10 missiles or so striking a dropship. Of course, that will allow for jeeps to other vehicles to encounter less resistance. Should be fun either way.

WasabiKing said:
Teamwork, novel idea...

I am looking forward to clan battles. True clan battles, or dropship vs. dropship

Yeah dude, I admit. When I'm not with anybody on the clan; I just turn off my stereo audio (killing the audio for Warhawk) and listen to random podcasts or to random tunes while attempting to earn badges.

I hate the ranking system in this game, only because it affects my ability to deck out my character to my tastes. I had some cool stuff before I stopped playing it, and lost it because my rank dropped. :(

Madman

AndyPants said:
I believe one of the devs said they are aiming for 64 or more players for the sequel. Then we would indeed be getting close to that picture.

If nothing else, I would like the level they showed off before with the megaships as DLC later on. As long as we get a new environment every couple months I dont mind paying my way slowly to the full price of 60 bucks.
Uhhh, what? I have never heard any Warhawk 2 discussion.

Top Bottom