• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Kalren

GAF_MST(#1)CTF/ZNS is up

I don't have the broadband connection some of you have so it's only 8 players.

It's also a ranked server.

I'll probably leave it on for a couple of hours unless it crashes of course, but I won't be able to check too often if it is...

Nightz

polyh3dron said:
WTF, none of GAFw is playing right now.. arrggggghhh. What are you guys doing? Watching a Blu-ray movie? Playing LAIR?? :lol
Waiting for the Stranglehold demo to finish downloading -_-

icechai

Raist said:
yeah, people on foot are WAY too much resistant. I mean, the guns from the hawk should instant kill a soldier. Same goes for missiles, a grenade makes more damage

@spwolf> refreshed several times, there were servers with 18/24pl. that I couldn't join... :/

One full round of the Warhawk machine gun should get them to almost no life at all, send a cluster missle their way :) Make sure you aim for the body/head though and that you stay moving in hover so the snipers dont get you.

freshair

polyh3dron said:
WTF, none of GAFw is playing right now.. arrggggghhh. What are you guys doing? Watching a Blu-ray movie? Playing LAIR?? :lol

Went shopping at Tar-Jay. :D I'm usually on after 'Friends' at 11:30pm. :lol

icechai said:
One full round of the Warhawk machine gun should get them to almost no life at all, send a cluster missle their way :) Make sure you aim for the body/head though and that you stay moving in hover so the snipers dont get you.

Yep. A well aimed homing missle will knock down a ton of health as well. Also I find using a little burst fire helps the accuracy of the machine gun a bit.

As for realism, I think you've got to draw a line for fun at some point. If Warhawks could go around wasting infantry it would screw the balance up. And this is one of the best balanced shooters to come down the pike in ages IMO. It completely out Battlefield's Battlefield in that respect .

Core407

Banned
Another tip:

- When in a situation where you're on foot and facing a Warhawk, you should attempt to lob grenades at it if it. Two grenade hits and it'll blow. I've taken out multiple Warhawks this way already and in many situations I was almost dead. Very rewarding and very frustrating for the enemy. :)

Played an hour tonight again on some random servers. This game is so fucking GOOD. I can't describe how incredibly enjoyable and satisfying the experience is. Definitely AAA stuff here. Cannot say enough, Incog! I'm pulling off 3:1 ratios on kills to death now since I utilize different weapons for the situation at hand. I really wish they'd fix the stat server or at least explain the situation to the users. I don't mind waiting but I'm just wondering what the hell is going on. I've probably played another 30 games since my last update which would put me at 70 now. Probably hit 10+ hours too. Game owns so much. I can't wait to hear what Incog has in store for downloadable content.

Cool moment: Locking onto two Warhawks and destroying them both simultaneously and then hearing one of the guys sigh into the microphone. :lol

Fucking teamkillers drive me insane.. We start the game and I spawn by 2 flak cannons, I get in one and my team mate is on the other.. All of a sudden out of nowhere, I'm getting bombarded by something from behind, and it's the OTHER FUCKING FLAK CANNON. Some Warhawk players are just mentally retarded, I swear.

Core407

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Fucking teamkillers drive me insane.. We start the game and I spawn by 2 flak cannons, I get in one and my team mate is on the other.. All of a sudden out of nowhere, I'm getting bombarded by something from behind, and it's the OTHER FUCKING FLAK CANNON. Some Warhawk players are just mentally retarded, I swear.

Worst TK experience I had was when I was 10ft from grabbing the enemy flag in CTF and a teamate in a tank nails me with the cannon so he can take the flag and get the points himself. :lol

I was completely surprised when it happened. Sort of threw me back.

Core407 said:
Worst TK experience I had was when I was 10ft from grabbing the enemy flag in CTF and a teamate in a tank nails me with the cannon so he can take the flag and get the points himself. :lol

I was completely surprised when it happened. Sort of threw me back.

At least that TK benefitted someone :p

About the framerate...

People report it doesn't slow down, but it DOES. When there's a lot going on it slows down to like 20, or my eyes are telling me its twenty. I guess the chaos/screenshaking/total awesomeness of the game makes you not notice.

calder

lol there is something almost impressive about TKers who just blatantly gun down teammates so they can cap flags, it's like they've taken assholishness to a purer level. COD3 was the first time I saw ppl shamelessly shooting a teammate 5 feet from their flag in order to take it those last few steps, I was just stunned. And the sassy attitude they'd have when ppl started bitching about it just floored me. :lol

calder said:
lol there is something almost impressive about TKers who just blatantly gun down teammates so they can cap flags, it's like they've taken assholishness to a purer level. COD3 was the first time I saw ppl shamelessly shooting a teammate 5 feet from their flag in order to take it those last few steps, I was just stunned. And the sassy attitude they'd have when ppl started bitching about it just floored me. :lol

On ranked i think you lose like... 30 points for TKing flag carrier. I get SO pissed when my tank shots find their way to the flag carrier instead of the enemy...

dralla

so dissapointing the stats don't track. i must have over 500 mine kills already. I just finished games with lilke 8.5 K/D because of the mines.

Core407

Banned
dralla said:
so dissapointing the stats don't track. i must have over 500 mine kills already. I just finished games with lilke 8.5 K/D because of the mines.

I'm assuming/hoping that the stats are being tracked but they just aren't being updated. I had the same issues with Resistance. A lot of times I would hit an advancement but I wouldn't actually get it for a day or two.

Killthee, the team I was playing against you with was full of idiots... I could only get zone 6 to level one by myself so I spent the whole damn game repeating that I needed a hand at zone 6 and nobody came.. they acted like I was speaking alien to them or something, because i was the only guy at zone 6 for what seemed to be the whole game until I left in frustration.. god dammit.

dralla

the majority of zone players play it like deathmatch. i lol every time I see someone just go right by an uncontested zone

Core407

Banned
dralla said:
the majority of zone players play it like deathmatch. i lol every time I see someone just go right by an uncontested zone

I haven't seen that happen in a long time. I'm surprised at how well the overall community is at the game.

gsnyder

Poly, I think I ran into you tonight on one of the ranked servers (TexArmstrong). I think we were on opposing teams...because on Capitol, I had the same problem. I'd say 'I've got 7 to three points' and...nothing. I took 6 to three points and said 'guys...a little help here', 'is this thing on' and I heard one guy say '...yeah'.

Frustrating.

Core407 said:
I'm assuming/hoping that the stats are being tracked but they just aren't being updated. I had the same issues with Resistance. A lot of times I would hit an advancement but I wouldn't actually get it for a day or two.

Resistance and BF2 had the same issue, but we still had the stats logged and given to us eventually... I just hope Incog has a log of all the stats saved... otherwise I'm going to asplode.

Steroyd

dralla said:

Yeah I got a 8.0 K/D ratio once surely some Gaffers must have been pissed off at me :lol they get into a firefight with me escape then BOOM just when they thought they were free.

We'd be so awesome if we could play as a clan. *sigh*

I really hope they're just not updating. I think I coulda ranked up a few times by now if stats were sticking.

Hopefully once the issue is fixed, the stats will all update and we won't lose everything we've done the last few days.

Yeah, seriously, it is NOT everyday you get 31-3 in a ranked game. I do NOT want to lose that 10.33 KDR. Plus the millions of ribbons/badges I recieved.

Raist

Banned
BlackGoku03 said:
Mine wasn't bad was it? I'm on a router with three other computers connected to it at all times so I don't know how well my connection is to others. It's pretty fine on my end.

Anyway, your server was fine. I didn't notice one slowdown. Any GAF servers up to play on? If so, I'll go ahead and sign in.

Think it was around 190-200. But ping has nothing to do with the number of machines connected, it's just the time spent by data to go to the server and come back. It's mostly affected by distance, and traffic.

Good to know that it was ok anyway :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Steroyd said:
Yeah I got a 8.0 K/D ratio once surely some Gaffers must have been pissed off at me :lol they get into a firefight with me escape then BOOM just when they thought they were free.

We'd be so awesome if we could play as a clan. *sigh*

I think it's time for the FIRST OFFICIAL GAF WARHAWK MEET AND DESTROY!!!!!

85875277_434be2a778_o.jpg

Lets get the ball rolling...

Since the clan aspects of the game are currently a huge stinking mess (no stat tracking, clan invite bug, no party system,........X_X;) and our clan leadership is also kind of screwed up (......don't get me started......), this first official meet will be a friendly meet. That means no regional clan allegiance and no ranked games. Servers will be player hosted servers hosted by GAF members and password locked to keep them GAF only. P.M. me if you want to volunteer to host. I'll need your PSN ID, GAF ID, and the max players you can host (this ain't going to work if you guys don't volunteer). The destruction will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST.

So remember:

Friendly meet; No Clan Allegiance & No Ranked Games
Servers will be player hosted so host can participate
(I need volunteers....P.M. me)
Servers will be pass locked (Pass will be posted in this thread an hour before the meet)
Meet will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST

I can not emphasize this enough, THIS MEET WILL NOT WORK IF WE DON'T GET VOLUNTEERS TO HOST.

Raist

Banned
I'll put my serv up Killthee, no problem.

It's already on the server list (GAF_GMT(#6))

Only 12pl. but well, still better than 4 :p

Edit : Wait, 1PM PST ? That's like 10PM for me... hmm dinner at my parents in law :/

Oh well, I'll just put it up and hope it doesn't crash xD, I'll make it dedicated unranked. (we can still pass protect those ones right ?)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Raist said:
I'll put my serv up Killthee, no problem.

It's already on the server list (GAF_GMT(#6))

Only 12pl. but well, still better than 4 :p

Edit : Wait, 1PM PST ? That's like 10PM for me... hmm dinner at my parents in law :/

Oh well, I'll just put it up and hope it doesn't crash xD, I'll make it dedicated unranked. (we can still pass protect those ones right ?)

I'm wondering if we can pull this off any earlier, that way we can include more GAFu people in it. Dedicated unranked does allow pass.

ChryZ

Raist said:
btw, I'd like to know if people that played on my serv (GAFu yesterday and GAF_GMT(#6) today) had any problems ? Freezes, lag or whatever.

I know some of you had a pretty bad ping (Chryz ? 200+ ping ? wtf, don't you live in europe ?) so I was wondering.
My ping was that bad?! I usually see the servers from the eu (SCEE, user hosted, etc) with 60-99ms. Anyways, I rarely experience lag, so no sweat.

Raist said:
goncalo, chryz, steroyd and peacemountain = bunch of weak cowards :p
Ha, you whining bitch! :p

Anyways, GAFu got pretty good at distributing pain. Keep it up!

ChryZ

01:00:00 p.m. Saturday September 8, 2007 in PST8PDT converts to 08:00:00 p.m. Saturday September 8, 2007 in GMT
01:00:00 p.m. Saturday September 8, 2007 in PST8PDT converts to 10:00:00 p.m. Saturday September 8, 2007 in CET

Sundays would be nice too. Caturday night = drinking and clubbing here :lol

Steroyd

Lame so i've got 8PM to 10:30PM till match of the Day starts, then from 11:45PM til 3AM of either sleeping or playing Warhawk till Resistance Clan night, then I've practically stayed up all night when that's finished, that's going to be one helluva sleep in on Sunday.

nofi

Steroyd said:
Lame so i've got 8PM to 10:30PM till match of the Day starts, then from 11:45PM til 3AM of either sleeping or playing Warhawk till Resistance Clan night, then I've practically stayed up all night when that's finished, that's going to be one helluva sleep in on Sunday.

Yeah, times are pretty much shot for GAFu players. I can't make this weekend at all, sadly, so you'll have to defend the base yourself... :p

GAF_GMT(#4)
now online

I cant' really admit my self to some playing time at Saturday or Sunday, so i have to pass on this first GAF Warhawk "meeting". But i am not that big of a lose in considering my relatively poor gaming skills for GAFu. Go GAFu make us proud :D

Steroyd

nofi said:
Yeah, times are pretty much shot for GAFu players. I can't make this weekend at all, sadly, so you'll have to defend the base yourself... :p

I'll turn it into a fortress all I need is to get good with the Sniper Rifle.

Ceb

GAF_GMT(#5) - 24p - will go up in a couple of minutes. I doubt a lot of GAFers are on right now, but I'll stick around for a little while to boot those without tags when the server has filled up.

Steroyd said:
I'll turn it into a fortress all I need is to get good with the Sniper Rifle.

I just started using it myself. I was tearing up warhawks like nobody's business on the Archipelago map. Those guard towers give you plenty protection and maneuverability. I'm glad noone thought of TOWing me. :D

skrew

Banned
why isn't there a full/empty server filter? pain in the ass to go through 10000 full servers before finding a empty one

Lince

Banned
I just put the sniper rifle to good use and took down a couple of warhawks, man this game is so awesome it's eating all my counterstrike playing time :lol

Steroyd

:(

It's going to be hard judging playing Warhawk, Resistance and stuff, i've just bought Rogue Galaxy and Valkryie Slimera.

icechai

there was a full 20 man server but after a gafu and another gaf left it got really boring cuz no one understood to protect the flag carrier :p

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I jumped into a game last night called Drunks_Only. It was probably the most fun time I've had yet in Warhawk. Seeing Warhawks fly full speed into the ground is truly a hilarious sight. Also, it was the easiest time i had winning :D

Top Bottom