Warhawk - The Official Thread

Good game guys. I had to leave after that one game where I got 4 flag captures (all credit to a good team Click and co.) cos dinner was ready :)

I guess Trevelyan's team just sucked lol cos he killed me a couple times as I tried to grab the flag.
 
fistfulofmetal said:
This has probably been asked before, but who here actually uses the motion controls for flying?

I really tried at first, but it just wasn't as precise as I needed it. Once I turned pro flight on, I haven't turned back. I hate the way turning is done on default. I'd much rather have to manually bank, then pull up to turn.
Plus, I wish I could remap machine gun to X. My middle finger gets tired having to hold down R2 so I can use index to fire.
If you could only use it for flying and use analog for vehicles, I would use it. Here's my tip to getting the best out of motion controls (posted before): turn senstivity to 100%, and turn til to 35 degrees (max). This will feel so much more natural.
 
Weird glitch, I was facing off against.. myself. I was on both teams and the other me was actually doing stuff.. I don't think I was controlling it though.

Who is this clone in the GAF server? IMPOSTER
 
Am gonna get of work in about 2 hours,

Am gonna have a session and then play me some warhawk!

save me a spot guys

BTW add me to the list for clans

PSN: Supaman223

Time zone: EST

in canada!

i can also lead the canadian clan if you want me to.
 
Alright I'm probably going to buy this game this weekend as I finally have time for it.

Are all the clan invites full? I was originally supposed to be in GAFe, but not gettin on till this late I don't know what the situation is as far as room.
 
so I got some dirt on what's going on over at Incog.

A former employee sent me a PM here and out of respect (and his request) I will not post his name or his personal website that he added into the PM.

Mods can PM me for confirmation, but I really have no reason to make this up. After doing some digging and checking up on the references he gave me, I have no doubts in believing him.


He also gave me permission to post this, of course requesting I don't use his name:


Hey-

I saw you have posted some about Warhawk. I'm a former incognito employee. I've been watching from the sidelines for some time now about the debacle over the network issues and I've wanted to let someone know the truth about the problems but I don't want to post directly into a forum.

Starting about 8 months ago the entire art staff and almost all of the programmers, (including every single network programmer,) walked out of Incognito. Scott Campbell took about 12-15 people and started Eat, Sleep, Play, and the rest, (about 30 people,) went primarily to Salt Lake City's Disney Studio. As of today the only people left at Incognito are Dylan Jobe, Bruce Woodward, Evan Christiansen, Lars Devore, John Crocker, and Nate Robins. Three are programmers and two are animators. Kirk Baum, the lead network programmer walked out about one week before they went gold. About a year ago there were close to 70 employees there. As you could guess, they have a significant problem on their hands.

Anyway, so you know I'm legit you can check my web site- edited. If you want to email me through there I'll verify my identity.

I don't care if this information gets posted, but I'd really appreciate it if you don't use my name. Legally there is nothing wrong with me giving this information but it would certainly bother many people who's path I'm likely to cross again.

so there you have it. He did not specify the reasons for the walk-out, but those types of scenarios are never good.

Shitty situation. I hate to see it happen to any company, but especially ones like Incognito that I've been very fond of for many years now. :(
 
Yeah it looked like they were dissolving, explains the no communication too.
I don't know what to think. It's bad they are basically gone but that means their game is dead in the water, no updates except for maintenance. Unless some people takeover..
 
kay said:
Weird glitch, I was facing off against.. myself. I was on both teams and the other me was actually doing stuff.. I don't think I was controlling it though.

Who is this clone in the GAF server? IMPOSTER
I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was FREAKING OUT. :lol
 
The thing about this is that there is no Incognito anymore. They became a part of Santa Montica studios now right? So now they have Sony's resources more readily available. I highly doubt its just 5 people working there now...Sony has plenty of network programmers and such, especially for such a major game.
 
Disney sucks. I hate the commercialization of art. Now its all about the money I guess there goes my hopes of warhawk II with airships and submarines and warships and aircraft carriers. :(
 
TheJollyCorner said:
so I got some dirt on what's going on over at Incog.

A former employee sent me a PM here and out of respect (and his request) I will not post his name or his personal website that he added into the PM.

Mods can PM me for confirmation, but I really have no reason to make this up. After doing some digging and checking up on the references he gave me, I have no doubts in believing him.


He also gave me permission to post this, of course requesting I don't use his name:





so there you have it. He did not specify the reasons for the walk-out, but those types of scenarios are never good.

Shitty situation. I hate to see it happen to any company, but especially ones like Incognito that I've been very fond of for many years now. :(
Oh boy ... maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up about this game
 

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FootNinja said:
Fun Fun Fun today.

As soon as click left so did our winning streak :(
:lol

Are your stats being updated? Did you experience any lag (My TiVo was downloading while the PS3 was hosting...)?
 
TheJollyCorner said:
I wonder if Jaffe knows anything about this?

Does he ever post at GAF anymore?
I'm sure he knows, but I am quite sure he would never discuss the details. Well, we kind of knew about this, just not in such detail.

I wish all of those at Incognito the best of luck. They made great games and it is unfortunate that all happened.
 
Wow.. my heart goes out to all the guys up at Incog.. former and current...

It really sucks that things turned out this way... I really hope that Dylan gets a good gang behind him again ... and I wish the best of luck to everyone there...
 
joesmokey said:
Alright I'm probably going to buy this game this weekend as I finally have time for it.

Are all the clan invites full? I was originally supposed to be in GAFe, but not gettin on till this late I don't know what the situation is as far as room.
You're listed in GAFe on the Roster List
 
hey killthee, that was your server right? was it ranked? i noticed the little white person looking thing on the left of the server wasnt there. dont know what that means...

that was a good dogfight. 1 away from number 1 :(
 

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ashhong said:
hey killthee, that was your server right? was it ranked? i noticed the little white person looking thing on the left of the server wasnt there. dont know what that means...

that was a good dogfight. 1 away from number 1 :(
Yeah it's my server and it's ranked. IIRC there's three icons in the server list; a trophy to signify whether the server is ranked or not, a bust figure to signify whether the server is player hosted or dedicated, and a padlock to signify whether or not the server is password locked.
 
Killthee said:
Yeah it's my server and it's ranked. IIRC there's three icons in the server list; a trophy to signify whether the server is ranked or not, a bust figure to signify whether the server is player hosted or dedicated, and a padlock to signify whether or not the server is password locked.
ah that makes sense. now can you kick one for me? :)
 
Interesting game today.

I stayed on until the game rotated to some awful dogfighting only match with a 300 point limit, with 20 minutes on the clock and nobody anywhere near the limit I opted out. Dogfighting is for the birds. :p
 

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TheJollyCorner said:
so I got some dirt on what's going on over at Incog.

A former employee sent me a PM here and out of respect (and his request) I will not post his name or his personal website that he added into the PM.

Mods can PM me for confirmation, but I really have no reason to make this up. After doing some digging and checking up on the references he gave me, I have no doubts in believing him.


He also gave me permission to post this, of course requesting I don't use his name:





so there you have it. He did not specify the reasons for the walk-out, but those types of scenarios are never good.

Shitty situation. I hate to see it happen to any company, but especially ones like Incognito that I've been very fond of for many years now. :(
This hits right at the heart, its really sad because I have been playing all of these guys games since Ps1 days from Twisted metal, Jet Moto, War of the Monsters and now Warhawk. I really hope Dylan gets a good team behind him and he can keep on goin will always love their work.
 
Er, I thought the disintegration of Incog (and integration of core staff into Santa Monica studios) was common knowledge by now? It's amazing what the screw ups of the very few can mean for the very many.
 
TheJollyCorner said:
so I got some dirt on what's going on over at Incog.

A former employee sent me a PM here and out of respect (and his request) I will not post his name or his personal website that he added into the PM.

Mods can PM me for confirmation, but I really have no reason to make this up. After doing some digging and checking up on the references he gave me, I have no doubts in believing him.


He also gave me permission to post this, of course requesting I don't use his name:





so there you have it. He did not specify the reasons for the walk-out, but those types of scenarios are never good.

Shitty situation. I hate to see it happen to any company, but especially ones like Incognito that I've been very fond of for many years now. :(
That's pretty hard to swallow. I wonder why they walked out. Really sucks.

Would it be too much to ask if a gaming journalism site or mag could shed some light on this?

>_>

<_<

Who am I kidding... gaming journalism...
 
JB1981 said:
Oh boy ... maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up about this game
why would you say that? it is not as if we are not playing the game right now :lol
Those issues happened well before the beta :)

and warhawk is freaking amazing game, that guy seems like he wishes it isnt really but oh well.
 
spwolf said:
why would you say that? it is not as if we are not playing the game right now :lol
Those issues happened well before the beta :)

and warhawk is freaking amazing game, that guy seems like he wishes it isnt really but oh well.


QFT+99999999999999999 ...