• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
GAF_GMT(#2) is up

ranked (CTF/ZONES/one Dogfight in the mix)

EDIT: why isnt the GAF server spreadsheet updating? I modified it (Offline > Online) but still shows Online.

Somebody keeps unchecking the "Automatically re-publish when changes are made" check box....

It should be working now.

ndiicm

Killthee said:
Switch teams ; P

This is the last round BTW.

last round? Is your server going down killthee? I tried to join it reports 17/24 but when I try to connect it says This server is full.

Killthee

ndiicm said:
last round? Is your server going down killthee? I tried to join it reports 17/24 but when I try to connect it says This server is full.

Yeah, I just pulled the plug. I don't know why you weren't able to login, there was only 17 people in.

User 406

Banned
Wheee, that was fun. Even got a sniper badge there at the end, shockingly. :X

So where is the list of servers for this afternoon?

Core407

Banned
Sea Manky said:
Wheee, that was fun. Even got a sniper badge there at the end, shockingly. :X

So where is the list of servers for this afternoon?

YOU!!!!! You caused me incredible levels of annoyance in the match. I will not forget you!

Edit: I was Runner45 if you didn't know.

User 406

Banned
lol.JPG

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
So i guess the stats stuff isnt fixed? I logged in today and it said "congradulations you have been promoted" im airman now, but then like after an hour and a half i get a message "you have been recomended for airman(which i was recomended for last night...).

Gaf night meetup is right now isn't it?
God i hope not, its saturdnay afternoon...
Anyone on my BL i just join ranked sony servers, if anyone wants to add me go ahead, name is the same.

Ceb

I'm putting up GAF #1 soonish. If there's a consistently low turnout for like an hour or so, I'm ditching for a more populated server.

S. L.

Ashhong said:
wats going on? what server are we playing in? i tried joining gaf2 but i dont know the pw :(
see the link somebody posted a few posts up
also there is a 200 point deathmatch on gaf2 atm, so this gonna take a while

I overheard one guy working at the local EB say he actually convinced several of his friends to buy PS3s pased on this game. I'm inclined to believe him based on the size of this thread :O

tha_con

Banned
I'm just curious as to where I stand with the rest of GAF, but what are your KDR's in Warhawk?

I'm around 2.8, but I play mostly ground combat. With the Sniper Rifle alone, I've got an 8/1 KDR.

Core407

Banned
tha_con said:
I'm just curious as to where I stand with the rest of GAF, but what are your KDR's in Warhawk?

I'm around 2.8, but I play mostly ground combat. With the Sniper Rifle alone, I've got an 8/1 KDR.

1.2 KDR right now but I sort of go Rambo style most of the time. If I'm on, I can have some really impressive games. Probably the one that stands out the most was 28 to 6 KDR and that was mainly off foot combat versus other guys on foot, tanks & warhawks.

Core407

Banned
For the people who make servers - please don't hate against higher up levels. I can't join the game now because my rank is too high.

There must be something I'm missing, because evading missiles is just beyond my comprehension. I try doing loops while boosting, tried making sharp turns, nothing shakes the missiles off except the chaff.
I think lock-on as whole is overpowered. A dude with an RPG shouldn't be able to take on a Warhawk as easily as they can.

It seems like they decided to make it so everyone has the ability to take down a Warhawk, which I don't agree with. If you're on foot and a Warhawk comes, you should be afraid and want to hide. But that's not how it goes down, a Warhawk appears and you really don't have to worry because you can easily our maneuver it's fire and if you have an RPG then you don't have to worry at all. IMO the Warhawk shouldn't have to run away in the encounter, should be the other way around.

calder

What's the pwd for GAF #2? I checked the last couple of pages but don't see it and the ones i've tried don't work.

DUH nevermind

Killthee

Those last two games in GAF#2 were hectic. I'm taking a break, GAF#5 is up BTW and dedicated.

Core407

Banned
Killthee said:
Those last two games in GAF#2 were hectic. I'm taking a break, GAF#5 is up BTW and dedicated.

Yeah, that was a little too much. :lol Looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off just running around.

tha_con

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
There must be something I'm missing, because evading missiles is just beyond my comprehension. I try doing loops while boosting, tried making sharp turns, nothing shakes the missiles off except the chaff.
I think lock-on as whole is overpowered. A dude with an RPG shouldn't be able to take on a Warhawk as easily as they can.

It seems like they decided to make it so everyone has the ability to take down a Warhawk, which I don't agree with. If you're on foot and a Warhawk comes, you should be afraid and want to hide. But that's not how it goes down, a Warhawk appears and you really don't have to worry because you can easily our maneuver it's fire and if you have an RPG then you don't have to worry at all. IMO the Warhawk shouldn't have to run away in the encounter, should be the other way around.

Maybe you're not playing the same game I am.

I generally make it a point to stock up on certain weapons as a warhawk, which can considerably balance your ability to take out a foot soldier.

Snagging up a TOW missile, and maybe the ground bombs will make it amazingly easy to kill a foot soldier.

If you try to take him on with only your machine gun and swarm missiles, it'll be a tad harder.

Also, RPG missiles are very VERY easy to dodge if you're in flight, but harder when you're hovering (actually, Impossible when hovering).

It's balance at it's best. Making Warhawks overpowered may 'seem' cool, but it will ultimately kill the game. If you see a foot soldier, land, get out, and kill his ass. Then get back in your warhawk and continue. Works every time.

Core407

Banned
tha_con said:
Maybe you're not playing the same game I am.

I generally make it a point to stock up on certain weapons as a warhawk, which can considerably balance your ability to take out a foot soldier.

Snagging up a TOW missile, and maybe the ground bombs will make it amazingly easy to kill a foot soldier.

If you try to take him on with only your machine gun and swarm missiles, it'll be a tad harder.

Also, RPG missiles are very VERY easy to dodge if you're in flight, but harder when you're hovering (actually, Impossible when hovering).

It's balance at it's best. Making Warhawks overpowered may 'seem' cool, but it will ultimately kill the game. If you see a foot soldier, land, get out, and kill his ass. Then get back in your warhawk and continue. Works every time.

In hover mode, if you sort of spaz around the area, it's hard to get a lockon with the rocket launcher. Apart from that, there is no real way to avoid them.

tha_con

Banned
Core407 said:
In hover mode, if you sort of spaz around the area, it's hard to get a lockon with the rocket launcher. Apart from that, there is no real way to avoid them.

I don't have trouble with people who think if they spaz out I won't hit them. I have taken down 2 warhawks doing the same thing. All they would have had to do is land to kill me.

Distance = victory. Just back up a few steps and they can't 'spaz out' enough to get out of your aim.

But why would you even take on an opponent NOT knowing what weapons they had? I'd just do a fly by bombing, or use a TOW missile. It's stupid to just 'assume' you can take someone out on foot just because. I kill TONS of people who think they'll hover over me and kill me.

Core407

Banned
tha_con said:
I don't have trouble with people who think if they spaz out I won't hit them. I have taken down 2 warhawks doing the same thing. All they would have had to do is land to kill me.

Distance = victory. Just back up a few steps and they can't 'spaz out' enough to get out of your aim.

But why would you even take on an opponent NOT knowing what weapons they had? I'd just do a fly by bombing, or use a TOW missile. It's stupid to just 'assume' you can take someone out on foot just because. I kill TONS of people who think they'll hover over me and kill me.

It's always funny to see them sort of stalk you and then turn around and pull out a rocket launcher and see them flee. :lol I also recommend the grenades! I've taken out a lot of Warhawks hovering above me by chucking grenades at 'em. 2 hits and they're gone. Fuckin' awesome.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Mwhaha that was awesomely fun. My airstrike which killed like 8 people, which spawned "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?"

haha, I love this game.

Top Bottom