• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

User 406

Banned
That's it, I'm tapped out for the night. Tried an SCEA server, my team was clueless and communicated primarily using the word "faggot". I forgot that I should just be playing for badges n' things on non-GAF servers. :p

Seriously, there seems to be a difference of night and day as far as clue goes when even just a few gaffers get together on a server.

ndiicm

Sea Manky said:
That's it, I'm tapped out for the night. Tried an SCEA server, my team was clueless and communicated primarily using the word "faggot". I forgot that I should just be playing for badges n' things on non-GAF servers. :p

Seriously, there seems to be a difference of night and day as far as clue goes when even just a few gaffers get together on a server.

You aren't kidding. It's sad really.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
fistfulofmetal said:
Thing is, I fly with pro flight on, so I don't get any of the auto loop de loops. It's a catch 22, really.

I use Pro too. I mostly use the right stick for evasive manouvers. I usually do quick left-right mixed with some half-circles.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Take Out Bandit said:
Although with the designs of some of the stages, I wish they would have put boats or hovercraft in there. Getting stuck on an island with no way off blows.

u can suicide and respwan somewhere else (if available)

BTW, am I the only one that uses the suicide option to quickly move from zones to zones. I do it very rarely, but it's useful when you are alone trying to keep two zones under control at the same time.

spwolf

TTP said:

BTW, am I the only one that uses the suicide option to quickly move from zones to zones. I do it very rarely, but it's useful when you are alone trying to keep two zones under control at the same time.

you dont get negative points when you use suicide from the menu?

spwolf said:
you dont get negative points when you use suicide from the menu?

You still get negative, but the pay off is worth it if you're successful in killing the enemy and recapturing lost levels/zones.

Baker

Banned
Two game lock ups today, blargh.

Was on an SCEA server on a completely stacked team and it was goddamn hilarious.

Loudninja

Man some people are jealous as hell, I got booted from a game for no reason at all, I was not even using a mic o talk trash or anything.I was doing very good though. :/

CaptWinky

Sea Manky said:

exactly why I don't play unless you guys host a server

it's just not the same an honestly not worth my time or the headache

mackaveli

what controsl do you guys prefer for warhawks?

i just use motion controls with pro flight on and its pretty hard but im getting the hang of it. I'm 10x better on the ground then i am in the air though.

for ctf games, i just defend or claim zones. way too hard to get the flag and get back. just get the return flag points lol.

tha_con

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Maybe I'm just having a clash of familiarity. This game reminds me so so much like BF2, but in BF2 the air vehicles were a threat to be feared.
I dunno, I guess I was just expecting the title vehicle would be a little more front and center. In BF2, a team has to work together to take down a plane/helicopter. You don't really have to in Warhawk.

Don't get me wrong, I may be complaining, but it only because of the Warhawk stuff. Everything else in the game is excellently balanced and awesome.

All I have to say to that is...

Balance and Fun > Realism.

Case closed.

TTP said:

No shit sherlock, but I'd rather see Incognito get rid of the NES era game design. i.e. KILLER WATER!

What kind of shit is that? Seriously.

Just add boats / hovercraft for another level of combat madness.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Sea Manky said:

And somehow people complain about that they want more people talking on mics.

I have been saying it for a while, if you want good team communication you need to be on a team of people you know, or a community that owns its own server(s) like what happens in counter-strike.

That said i was in a SCEA CTF/Zones/TDM server earlier and the team i was on was pwning getting flag caps and taking over zones and defending them with only like 3 people talking calling out support for flag carriers etc.

Baker

Banned
The best was when he was calling us noobs during the CTF match. Not only did he keep saying we had to "stand next to the enemy flag so it would respawn," but he kept telling us to score the flag when our's wasn't even in the fucking base.

ndiicm

Baker said:
The best was when he was calling us noobs during the CTF match. Not only did he keep saying we had to "stand next to the enemy flag so it would respawn," but he kept telling us to score the flag when our's wasn't even in the fucking base.

Man I had to quit couldn't take it anymore. What an idiot.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
They need to fix the stats. Its still borked. The only time it has recorded was for 2 hours last night. Even more strange is i already ranked up to airman, then it recomended me for airman again and then later tonight i got "sergeant" but it didnt record.
The worst is i have gotten a lot of ribbons like world victory in zones that it didnt record.
:(

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
captive said:
They need to fix the stats. Its still borked. The only time it has recorded was for 2 hours last night. Even more strange is i already ranked up to airman, then it recomended me for airman again and then later tonight i got "sergeant" but it didnt record.
The worst is i have gotten a lot of ribbons like world victory in zones that it didnt record.
:(

Hmmmm, I don't get that problem my stuff always get recorded what happens to me though is messed up. When I am ready to stop playing and I go check my stats before I am about to logout the game my stats reset, yet when I turn of my Ps3 the next session I am going to play they go back to what they were and adds the points I played for the session. It really pisses me of that I have to re customize every time I check my stats after I want to leave the game.

Speevy

Banned
I hate getting kicked because some idiot didn't realize he can't play in his own ranked server, or that an OPEN server means you don't get to practice throwing grenades.

Okay I'd like to play in ranked games just to have stat tracking, but I don't know how to find a ranked game. The search modifier doesn't have a ranked/unranked toggle for bringing up a server list and none of my stats arebeing tracked/recorded from ANY of the games I have played. Do I have to play in Sony's dedicated servers to have stat tracking?

This may have been asked, multiple times, but I'm not wading through 140+ pages to find what someone could kindly answer for me.

jaundicejuice said:
Okay I'd like to play in ranked games just to have stat tracking, but I don't know how to find a ranked game. The search modifier doesn't have a ranked/unranked toggle for bringing up a server list and none of my stats arebeing tracked/recorded from ANY of the games I have played. Do I have to play in Sony's dedicated servers to have stat tracking?

This may have been asked, multiple times, but I'm not wading through 140+ pages to find what someone could kindly answer for me.

Look for a trophy icon next to the game name. A trophy crossed out means its unranked. Usually, ranked games won't have the split screen icon either, making it easier to spot.

Anyhow, the Sony servers are the best for ranked anyway. They are far more reliable than someone's broadband connection.

How does the Mute function work? Incognito fails at sufficiently documenting this shit, and their god damned interface makes no indication of it. Say for example the bottom of the screen could say "Press (Insert Button) for options".

It also appears the server has issues updating your friend's list etc. For example it said Mig was in a game on one of the SCEA servers. So I joined the game. No Mig. Quit. Go back to friend's list, press triangle to refresh. It says Mig is in the game. Go back in the game. Double check. Still no Mig.

Come on Incognito, this level of ineptitude in your online game interface is inexcusable at this stage of the console market.

Sony needs to set down ground rules for rudimentary online game interface design. Either your game has this basic feature set, or it doesn't get the go ahead for release.

Anyhow the GAF server is now officially overrun with retards. Blue team is bending over and taking it up the ass in a Zones game. IT'S NOT F@CKING DEATHMATCH YOU STUPID ASSHOLES!

Had some good games when it was GAF players though.

FightyF

Banned
Sea Manky said:

It's like that with all online games...

diddlyD said:
Insomniac are really a huge bunch of !@#$!@@.

Danger Zone FUCKING BULLSHIT is possibly the most stupid game design decision i've ever witnessed. Especially when many of the maps have main roads leaving the initial base that lead RIGHT INTO A FUCKING DANGER ZONE. FUCKING PUT A WALL OR SOMETHING TO LET ME KNOW ITS A DANGER ZONE YOU JOTOS. NO JUST LET PEOPLE DRIVE FULL SPEED INTO IT AND DIE BEFORE BEING ABLE TO TURN AROUND....

yeah its really pissing me off. its to the point where i fear random invisible danger zones more than the enemy.

EDIT - whatever they're called, i was in rant mode if you couldn't tell :lol

I think the best solution would be the walls used in the Saint's Row demo, where you could see the whole city perfectly, and then as you approached it that area started getting transparent red. So it's a big transparent red wall when you are near it, and as you walk away it fades away.

But because of the lack of an appropriate solution, I just play on the large servers. I rarely try to get into a server with small or med sized maps.

It's funny how I was looking forward to this game all summer, this was going to be my online GOTY, and then I didn't get into the beta until the last week, and now I'm just too busy to play consistently. :(

Steroyd

Jesus the difference between getting my ass kicked while on the team and winning on a team is how many people from Gaf is in your team. :lol

I played a lil bit last night maps were a little small hard to move around the map without the flag getting captured every five seconds it was insane.

jey_16

Banned
so would guys still recommend the game....i'm looking for something too play since my PS3 is collecting dust but all these problems are making me wary, can you play with bots off line?

jey_16 said:
so would guys still recommend the game....i'm looking for something too play since my PS3 is collecting dust but all these problems are making me wary, can you play with bots off line?

No bots. Why would you play an online only game offline anyway? The only reason you'd play offline is to have a LAN match with some buddies.

Seriously though buy this awesome game.

spwolf

Cerebral Palsy said:
Stats still aren't freaking working? Just played played a game. 13 kills and 1 death... got a bunch of ribbons and crap. Nothing updated =/

they get updated, just not instantly... all my yesterdays games are there today, no worries...

i seriously cant believe how much TTP plays, even without stats :)

The stat updating is a bit slow, which is kind of annoying but it does update them, eventually.

Played for about six hours tonight, I think, so it's safe to say that I think this game is pretty kick ass although I wish people would talk a little more. Some teamwork would be nice. Almost nobody uses their mics and the ones that do...well I wish they wouldn't.

"Dude, this game is cool n' shit. I mean the tanks, guns and airplanes? Fuck man what other game does this shit"

And many other variations therein for about five minutes straight. The mic was removed from my ear and shut off since I couldn't figure out how to mute specific users.

Roxas

holy crap, i left Warhawk last night as an Airman with 355 points. Now im a Chief Sergeant...still with 355 points :lol

Xater

Ok GAFu memmbers. From now on I will have less time to do stuff for the clan (maybe you already noticed) so I need someone who already is an invited Member to take over for me. I was a temp leader from the beginning so who is stepping up?

Raist

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
And many other variations therein for about five minutes straight. The mic was removed from my ear and shut off since I couldn't figure out how to mute specific users.

"Pause" the game and go through the options. I think it's the "sound" one, IIRC. You can mute everyone or specific players. Problem is since it's difficult to determine who is talking crap in the mic, you can't always mute the fool ones. That said, there's almost no communication on SCE servs...

Ceb

Peeete said:
and motorbikes...

I was messing around with the hover function last night, pretending I was "jumping" with the warhawk. Then I got an idea about a small leaping mech transport, kinda like the magitek armor in FFVI, that would work solely as a means of hauling ass across the map. It would have no weapons, but would be harder to hit in return.

The game's great and already has tons of variation, but I guess everyone wants more...

Miguel

Any servers up? I'm bout to jump on and earn myself some more awards/badges/etc

Wingman here I come!

Oh shit already wingman :D

WOO

Top Bottom