• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was this the worst generation for Street Fighter?

Did this generation suck for Street Fighter?

• Yes

Votes: 126 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 35.1%

• Total voters

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Game was rushed period. There is zero evidence that suggests it was rushed to compete with killer instinct. Ps4 console exclusivity again had no part in it's quality. If a games quality is lackluster, you can say it's rushed or just dependent on the circumstances. Way I see it the developers, higher ups at Capcom poorly managed it's production while just seeing something they could milk and dime as most of the time they do. Same with marvel vs Capcom infinite. exclusivity isn't the case here it's just Capcom isn't in touch with their fanbases.

I think they intended it as a game as a service were you bought the base game (vary little of it) and they add more over time. they did do that but they pissed off their own fanbase by putting out a lack lustre game to begin with and making it console exclude

Akuji

Don't play it then. You're wasting your time telling people who have fun with it that it's not actually fun.
Whole neogaf is about discussion, if u can’t handle it, to bad for you.
He does not cling to a game he doesn’t care about.
He states his points so others who felt the same come out and share their view as well.
If enough people do that, the developer may change the game into another direction for the next entry. Feedback is important you know.

Lol

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So i can't even

FUCKING SELECT MY FIGHTERS DLC I PAID FOR ON PS5

HOLY FUCKING SHIT M8 THIS GAME FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK FUCK CUCFUCUFUCFUCFUJJCFUJCFUJ FUCK MODERN FIGHTERS

JESUS CUNT FUCK IT ALL FUCK FIGHTERS I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS LOCKED ON DISC CONTENT I LEGIT HAVE TO PIRATE MY FUCKING OWN GAME TO ACCESS MY SHIT HOLY SHIT MAN

Pejo

I hate that the characters have exagerrated hands and feet, but I understand why they did it. Other than that, SFV is an ok game. I prefer GBF, but it's so dead on PC that I just end up doing training for a while then quitting.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
P6m4c8h.jpg

So with new consoles on the horizon, I guess now is the best time to talk about gaming's most iconic fighting franchise.

Was there anything noteworthy about Street Fighter 5's entry in the series? Did its existence mean anything this whole decade?

I remember being hyped back in the day for Street Fighter 4, I even wanted to buy it as part of the 3DS launch line up.
Street Fighter 3 also had its own moments. Amazing sprite work that still holds up, and it was fun watching the competitive tournament scene.

But what the hell happened with Street Fighter 5? I owned a PS4 so the exclusivity wasn't an issue with me but I never once felt like picking it up.
Even when it was free on Steam, nope, still didn't feel like touching it.

Did anyone else feel the same?

Edit: Oh yeah, and now one of the main producers behind the franchise left (Yoshinori Ono), so what does that say about its future?
It's in the top 3 without a doubt. I've always felt in a retrospective way that the first Street Fighter was pretty bad too. They could have done more and then they did (hence there being multiple versions of 2). The first one was arcade too -- so the expectations of how the game came out should have been more akin to SF 2. If it wasn't for 2, Capcom could have ended up just losing credibility SF games in general.

Also, the last Street Fighter (I think it was Ultra 2) on Switch had this weird 3rd-person attack simulation. Control was terrible and it showed that the 2D perspective of SF is still far superior for the format of gameplay.

celsowmbr

Banned
Huge Hands, bizarre textures and "console exclusive" (even ZX spectrum had SF2). Yes it was.

Ps: I have it on my PS4

I feel like it was crappy generation for all big figtning game franchises
MK went full resetera
SC when we tried it with my friend (we played it since part 2 as good drinking game) we could belive how it looks like shit
Only Tekken remained solid

MrMephistoX

I do prefer SFIV but SFV turned it around within a year. Personally I think all fighters should adopt the Killer Instinct and Dead or Alive F2P model if they want to thrive beyond the fighting game tournament community.

Top Bottom