• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs PC specs for trailer confirmed; Requires i7-4770K with a GF 780 for Ultra

UX Genes

iMac 27 Inch
3.5 GHZ Quad Core i7 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHZ)
3 TB Fusion Drive (Dualbooted with Windows 8.1 on 1 TB)
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 780m 4 GB GDDR5

I better be able to roll with this game on some decent settings

antitrop

So what does this show? The graphics card isn't being fed by the CPU fast enough to be utilised properly? I assume that would mean that the GPU would rarely top out then too.
MLe12EVl.jpg

The GTX 770 and 7970 perform well but we cannot but notice how the GTX 660 does well not only compared with the 7870 but compared with both the GTX 770 and 7970. Those cards are faster than the GTX 660 at around 30% overall, but in this game the difference is only around 10-15%.

Poor optimization across the board. A 770 getting only 7fps average advantage over a 660 is disgusting.

UnrealEck

I see now. There's definitely something up there then if a GTX 770 is only getting a relatively small performance increase for the hardware's capabilities compared to a GTX 660.

You do understand that a 660ti and a 2500k are going to have a better graphical experience than a ps4 in most games? Ultra in WD seems to be leaps ahead of most games and is probably going to be the next crysis in terms of performance

Don't be so sure. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition both looks and performs much better than what those specs deliver in the PC-port. I know. I have those parts. With the CPU running at 4.3GHz I might add. Just to keep going Shadow Fall arguably looks better than Crysis 3 in many ways. The only safe bet is that these parts deliver superior texture filtering and/or a higher resolution. Oh and really juicy PHYSX-features.

antitrop

Which settings are being used there? I have a 660 Ti and with that game more or less maxed out I got ~40fps average. Also which driver version was used?
gAzEbRQl.jpg

They do both a 1080p and 1440p benchmark, so only the resolution is different.

Drivers are Nvidia Driver ForceWare 331.82 and AMD Driver Catalyst 13.11 Beta v9.4.

gAzEbRQl.jpg

They do both a 1080p and 1440p benchmark, so only the resolution is different.

Drivers are Nvidia Driver ForceWare 331.82 and AMD Driver Catalyst 13.11 Beta v9.4.

Then it must have been a very population free area they tested it in.
Unless HBAO+ low makes such a difference in performance.
I did play with V-sync on on the other hand, but like in so many other games that didn't really lower the performance for me.

Sorry for the endless questions, but which CPU did they use?
Guessing that could have a big impact on it as well. I have a 2500k @ 4.3GHz.

UnrealEck

Well I ran the game and the GPU is being pretty much topped out trying to touch the frame rate limit. If it's poor utilisation I guess it must be both the graphics and CPU. If the GPU is topped out, it's not going to be using more CPU and naturally, most GPUs will be topped out when the settings are cranked. Especially in AC4 which apparantly tesselates pretty much the whole scene.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well, i gots an i7 4770 (non-k version, hope thats not a big deal)
GTX 770 2gb OC edition
16gb ram.

Im hoping to play it between high and ultra.

UnrealEck

Then it must have been a very population free area they tested it in.
Unless HBAO+ low makes such a difference in performance.
I did play with V-sync on on the other hand, but like in so many other games that didn't really lower the performance for me.

Sorry for the endless questions, but which CPU did they use?
Guessing that could have a big impact on it as well. I have a 2500k @ 4.3GHz.

If you have the game installed, give it a go and check. I can't help be skeptical that a GTX 660 gets 51 FPS average at those settings.

kinggroin

Banned
I'm going to play Ultra with the exception of HBAO and AA. I'm on a 3.9ghz Phenom IIx4 + GTX 670.

Come at me bro, no worries here.

Got spurred into finally making use of the K at the end of the model number.
Suddenly 4.5GHz. Hopefully stable. So far so good, Intel Burn Test is scary.

LowParry

Hmmmmmmmmm...

OC i5-3570 (4.2), 7950 5G DDR5, 1080p.

I hope I can handle everything at High. I'm down for that.

belmonkey

This is the AC4 performance chart I usually reference:

http://hardwarepal.wpengine.netdna-...2013/11/Assassins-Creed-IV-cpu-benchmarks.jpg

It shows almost no difference between a Haswell i3 and an i7;

Don't be so sure. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition both looks and performs much better than what those specs deliver in the PC-port. I know. I have those parts. With the CPU running at 4.3GHz I might add. Just to keep going Shadow Fall arguably looks better than Crysis 3 in many ways. The only safe bet is that these parts deliver superior texture filtering and/or a higher resolution. Oh and really juicy PHYSX-features.

TR:DE on console used a newer version of TressFX that (I think according to a certain chart) is less than half as demanding as the PC version; aside from that, the PC version runs like a dream. I think at this point, we don't have any great multi-plats to compare 1:1 because there's either something wrong with the game on console / PC, or there's different settings that cannot meaningfully be compared.I'd usually choose BF4 as a game to compare myself because it can actually make good use of PC hardware, but supposedly it's unoptimized / rushed on consoles (which I can give a bit of benefit of the doubt because we have AC4 and COD:Ghosts running horribly on PC).

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I figured that Ubi will never have sandbox games that can keep a solid 60 on the PC as long as they're 30fps on the consoles. So I got a GSync monitor.

Lethtonium

Neo Member
I'm going to play Ultra with the exception of HBAO and AA. I'm on a 3.9ghz Phenom IIx4 + GTX 670.

Come at me bro, no worries here.

I seriously laughed at this. I hope this was sarcasm.

With my i7 4770k and a GTX 780, I'll take my ultra graphics, thanks.

Piggus

Do you guys like even know what you buy?

I think a lot of people don't have a clue. I see so many posts asking if their fucking super computer will run the game just because it doesn't perfectly match the system requirements.

It doesn't take a god damn computer engineer to figure out how the hardware that you purchased compares to other hardware of the same class.

You guys think a third 780ti will let me run this in 60fps@ 1080p?

Im just not sure two is enough

smfh

I see now. There's definitely something up there then if a GTX 770 is only getting a relatively small performance increase for the hardware's capabilities compared to a GTX 660.

Ubisoft's history of wonky PC ports is definitely coloring my view here. To be clear, I have no issue turning settings down to maintain framerate in demanding games; I play Battlefield 4 without HBAO currently on my 660 and know it looks better than the console versions by a country mile.

It's just that Ubisoft has a track record with these monstrous ports not really working like they probably should. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier's high end DX11 mode still haunts me, and AC4's PC version was a huge hassle compared to the pretty good looking and rock-solid 30fps PS4 version. I'm not a believer in diminishing returns when it comes to PC hardware, but Ubisoft ports in particular are the exception to that rule.

I think a lot of people don't have a clue. I see so many posts asking if their fucking super computer will run the game just because it doesn't perfectly match the system requirements.

It doesn't take a god damn computer engineer to figure out how the hardware that you purchased compares to other hardware of the same class.

I think most people in this thread asking are showing off.

UnrealEck

This is the AC4 performance chart I usually reference:

http://hardwarepal.wpengine.netdna-...2013/11/Assassins-Creed-IV-cpu-benchmarks.jpg

It shows almost no difference between a Haswell i3 and an i7;

What if their GPU was working full load and lowering settings improved the performance whilst still loading the GPU? That's what I see when playing AC4. I don't think that test paints the whole picture. Plus the frame rate is capped at 60 (62 really) so it's hard to lower the settings a lot to see the CPU doing work.

You guys think a third 780ti will let me run this in 60fps@ 1080p?

Im just not sure two is enough

780 Ti's are so 2013. Get a couple of those new Titan Z's if you want 24 FPS cinematic experiences.

UX Genes

Anyone know what this will run (about)

• iMac 27 Inch
  • 3.5 GHZ Quad Core i7 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHZ)
  • 3 TB Fusion Drive (Dualbooted with Windows 8.1 on 1 TB)
  • 16 GB Ram
  • Nvidia GeForce 780m 4 GB GDDR5

I have a GTX780, but an older i5-760, though I do have it overclocked at 4 GHz. I honestly don't know how demanding the newer games will be on the CPU, but I feel like I haven't really been CPU limited yet, at least for achieving 60 fps at 1080p.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
I7 3770K No OC
780 OC Gigabyte Rev2 + 100 on Core + 500 on Memory

2560x1440

Max setting, 2xtXAA (2x MSAA look horrible...), no PHYSX

Run trought an island, kill some dude, run in the ocean with the boat

Min Max AVG

34, 61, 46.637

Run trought NASSAU on roofs + run in the jungle area near it

35, 57, 42.768

this is with the latest Beta.

Anyone know what this will run (about)

• iMac 27 Inch
  • 3.5 GHZ Quad Core i7 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.9 GHZ)
  • 3 TB Fusion Drive (Dualbooted with Windows 8.1 on 1 TB)
  • 16 GB Ram
  • Nvidia GeForce 780m 4 GB GDDR5

The 780m is pretty much a downclocked desktop 680, you'll run it better than the consoles but the res of the iMac could be an issue. You'll be able to lock it at 30fps with much better IQ than the consoles, I'd get it on PC.

With laptop chips?
The CPU in that iMac is a desktop chip - a 4771, clocked slightly higher than a stock 4770K. The problem is the 780m, which has a very misleading name and not at all comparable to the desktop 780. However it's decent and more capable than the recommended 560Ti.

As such, that iMac should play it comfortably, possibly even surpassing PS4 performance.

Top Bottom