• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

Chocoboko

Wondering if we just walk straight in the theater with our print out ticket stuff or do we need to go to the ticket window.

I hope this is well organized.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
May have to cancel for Houston showing, the weather is making traffic worse than it already is. Lots of accident reports popping up and its not even rush hour.
I noticed. But I'm from East Houston so my route there is clear. I'll still have to leave earlier than I'd plan to. I mean, if you're heading into Houston Rush Hour is completely awful unless there's an accident. I say, leave an hour beforehand. Unless you're >30 minutes (without traffic) out. Then you have a problem.

After Microsoft boring as hell conference and EA's total disaster I am not expecting much from Sony. That's probably good for them though because it won't be hard to win today.

I am pretty excited to do this with a bunch of other gamers in a theater.

Pbae

If I had a guess, I would say some kind of beta voucher. PlayStation Now, BF: Hardline, Destiny or something of that nature come to mind. Purely a guess though.

Ugh, I'd be so disappointed. I want tangibles. Like a swag bag, maybe some custom M&M with X,O,Triangle, Square.

I WANT THAT OPRAH MADNESS.

After Microsoft boring as hell conference and EA's total disaster I am not expecting much from Sony. That's probably good for them though because it won't be hard to win today.

I am pretty excited to do this with a bunch of other gamers in a theater.

It could very well be bad, but Sony's the one that's been unusually quiet. They've just been laying back as MS and Nintendo hyped their conference. They're either going to put out a dud or they're going to surprise the hell out of people. I don't see there being any middle ground.

Gorillaz

It could very well be bad, but Sony's the one that's been unusually quiet. They've just been laying back as MS and Nintendo hyped their conference. They're either going to put out a dud or they're going to surprise the hell out of people. I don't see there being any middle ground.
It really feels like it will be one or the other

Did anybody go in the theater yet and see any setups (pics) ? Or what the goodies might be ?
I have been to the Arizona theater and the employees knew nothing about the event. I talked to the manager and they said the sony representives would be there 1 or 2hours before the start and a table might be set-up to check the conformation email.

Moofers

Going to the Portland, OR showing once I get off work at 4pm. Hoping the line isn't fucking bonkers when I get there. Oh well.

Not sure what to expect. I'm kind of worried this will be a waste of time and I'll wish I had just gone home to watch it there. My wife can't come anymore, so I'll be alone too. I was hoping they'd have a trailer for some goober game that would have some idiot in tears so my wife could witness the full E3 spectacle firsthand, but I'm just not sure since SquareEnix basically said they have nothing to show.

My GF can't make it, so I have an extra ticket to the Boston one if you can even give an extra away. Also, I'm not going to bother going back to Waltham, so I'll be hanging around the area for the next few hours if anyone else feels like grabbing a drink in the area.

derek212

I have been to the Arizona theater and the employees knew nothing about the event. I talked to the manager and they said the sony representives would be there 1 or 2hours before the start and a table might be set-up to check the conformation email.

Thank you ! At least sony reps will be there

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Are you a ticket or wait-list person? Whats it look like there?

If you're a wait list person and are already/still there... can I join you in your spot in line? >.>

velociraptor

I hope I'm wrong but I can't help but think Sony's presentation will be the worst of the bunch, especially if none of their big studios are going to be their (with the exception of Naughty Dog).

Just got this in my email from Sony.

LapyN4r.png

Will the boards be "blowing up"? I guess we are gonna find out.

BTW I circled the wording, it wasn't like that originally.

Going to the Portland, OR showing once I get off work at 4pm. Hoping the line isn't fucking bonkers when I get there. Oh well.

Not sure what to expect. I'm kind of worried this will be a waste of time and I'll wish I had just gone home to watch it there. My wife can't come anymore, so I'll be alone too. I was hoping they'd have a trailer for some goober game that would have some idiot in tears so my wife could witness the full E3 spectacle firsthand, but I'm just not sure since SquareEnix basically said they have nothing to show.

I'm going to the Portland show and will be all alone too. :(

My wife wasn't interested and she was the only person I could think of when I was registering. I guess there will be at least a couple of open spots for the waiting list.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Thinking about the 2 hours of driving there and 2 hours back. I think im going to pass last minute.

Hope I dont miss too much.

Spinluck

Man if they're gonna hype it up like that, I'm gonna be really critical if the conference is a stinker. Can't be more lame than what we've had so far though.

I'm in New York I was going to go to Union Square location but there's just so much going on today that I think I would miss too much while in transit.

Mrcapcom

I'll be happy to walk away with a PS Now Beta Code that ill promptly enter on the PS App so it will be ready by the time I get home.

Wheres the sign up sheet for the meetup tonight?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'll be happy to walk away with a PS Now Beta Code that ill promptly enter on the PS App so it will be ready by the time I get home.
The PS Now app is like 2 megabytes big...

Pbae

I would be so bummed if that were the case. I would be grateful but bummed.

Isn't it like the 20th anniversary of the Playstation brand? I want something physical dammit T_T

If they're going to make this a huge spectacle, go full on HAM and that includes the swag.

I have my fingers crossed for a free remake of The Legend of Dragoon with a limited edition case that's wrapped in gold foil and individually signed and numbered by Shuei Yoshida.

DREAM BIG YO

Top Bottom