• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

Remark

Banned
It's under your name so I don't think it will be of any use

OT: got a bunch of work done early so it looks like I will be able to go..yay. The TLG stuff kinda bummed me out but I hope for a good show

Are they checking ID next to name on ticket?

Has there ever been a company to hype their own conference to this degree? It MUST be huge if they feel confident enough to raise expectations like this. Like, movie theaters? Really?
maybe they're just doing it to generate more interest in the brand and excitement rather than because they have tons and tons of epicz announcementz.

Just got this in my email from Sony.

LapyN4r.png

Crashdance.gif

I don't have access to a printer as I am on vacation, is it ok to just bring a smartphone with the email, and ID? Or should I hit up UPS or something to print a copy?

I'll also be turning up. I'll be out the door as soon as the Ubisoft conference is over...Though it'll take me a little less than an hour to get up there.

I got a ticket but unexpected car issues. Don't think I'll make it now. That swag better not be amazing...the salt will be so real!

maybe they're just doing it to generate more interest in the brand and excitement rather than because they have tons and tons of epicz announcementz.
I guess this is possible, but I would never consider E3 so serious that I would go to watch a conference in a movie theater. To be sure, I screamed like a 60's school girl kissed by Paul McCartney when Nintendo revealed the TP with Miyamoto wielding a sword and shield but I doubt even my teenage self would have gone to a movie theater to see it.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Here at Dave and Busters with Lazarus at Lynnhaven. Waiting on the rest of the VB crew. Word of warning, AMC has no clue what's going on and they were talking of just letting people walk in so get over here ASAP!

Not much going on in STL. There are currently 7 dudes lined up at the theater, but there's nothing happening, as the event coordinators won't even be here until 1800-1830. We're prolly gonna go over to BWW until ~1815. I'll try to grab a large table.

Thanks for the info, I'm probably headed that way in an hour or so. Quick question, any good place for a drink or two before hand in the area?
I not too familiar with the area but there is a pizza place next to the theater and across street from the theater there is a wing place dont remember the name.

Liberty4all

Banned
Damn, sorry to hear that bro. If you can't make it, I'll enjoy it for the both of us.

The tickets were emailed to the recipient and has their name on it. Unfortunately they will be checking ID at the door according to the ticket email and matching that name to the ticket holder.

Moofers

The tickets were emailed to the recipient and has their name on it. Unfortunately they will be checking ID at the door according to the ticket email and matching that name to the ticket holder.

Unless you got your guest's name on your ticket, like I did. They sent out apologies and said not to worry, they've got both names.

Going to head over to the Atlanta theater soon, coming from Cobb County area. I'll be with family who don't know anything about video games, but because it's my birthday they wanted to come along.

Killah

I think you misunderstand, I already have a ticket.

Thankfully I went ahead and grabbed tickets for both Orlando in Columbia since I wasn't sure if I would wake up to drive back to O-Town. Looks like I'll go the the Columbia SC event.

Knoxcore

Given everything in the MS conference was pretty much predicted, I don't think we'll be seeing anything major at Sony's conference.

Knoxcore

Given everything in the MS conference was pretty much predicted, I don't think we'll be seeing anything major at Sony's conference.

prophecy0

There are about ten people lined up for the Nashville showing already. I'm waiting for my friend to get here first so we can grab some food before jumping in line.

todd360

There are about ten people lined up for the Nashville showing already. I'm waiting for my friend to get here first so we can grab some food before jumping in line.

People are lining up already. Wtf. I'm not even leaving to go for 10 minutes and it takes an hour to get there.

Top Bottom