• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

I'll be headed to the STL theater shortly to scope things out. I'll probably head over to Buffalo Wild Wings after that, but I'll post back when I know more.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
But the feeling of having it there already as you turn it on.... priceless
I can't argue with that.

Don't mind me, just doing some maths.

Doors Open @ 7:30pm
-0:30 min unobstructed travel time
-0:30 min travel time obstructions maximum
-0:30 min good seats time
=6:00pm is the time I should leave.

Ubisoft presser @ 5pm. Lasts an hour. 6pm. Time I should leave. Cool. I should stuff my face during Ubi. Don't want to buy theater food.

Is there an official Waiting List? I popped by the theater, since it was on my way home, and the theater staffer basically emphasized it was a Sony event, so they didn't have a standby list, and she didn't know about theirs, but that two guys were hanging out waiting for it.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Just got this in my email from Sony.

LapyN4r.png

Will the boards be "blowing up"? I guess we are gonna find out.

BTW I circled the wording, it wasn't like that originally.

My heart can't handle all this prehype

Brannon

Anybody already at the Atlanta location? seems a bit early to be so, unless they're giving out free swag and stuff.

Also take a shower.

Fucking hell I KNOW somebody's going to be there all marinating in the best of themselves sans soap but... take the shower :mad:

geomon

Anybody already at the Atlanta location? seems a bit early to be so, unless they're giving out free swag and stuff.

Also take a shower.

Fucking hell I KNOW somebody's going to be there all marinating in the best of themselves sans soap but... take the shower :mad:

I just showered. Man, I've never seen water so grey.

If you have the reserved tickets/confirmation, do you have to wait in line before doors open?

I got the tickets/invite/confirmation for the NYC one, and I know the doors open at 8:30pm...and I'd love it if I didn't have to be in any lines or whatever to get in for 8:30, lol.

Pbae

Also take a shower.

What's wrong with the smell of taint juice and cheap cologne? You elitist...

Remark

Banned
I won't be going to the movie showing any more, I'm heading to a friends house instead and watching on his projector with some friends.

If anyone wants a ticket to the Columbus showing PM me.

B.O.O.M

I won't be going to the movie showing any more, I'm heading to a friends house instead and watching on his projector with some friends.

If anyone wants a ticket to the Columbus showing PM me.

It's under your name so I don't think it will be of any use

OT: got a bunch of work done early so it looks like I will be able to go..yay. The TLG stuff kinda bummed me out but I hope for a good show

Chris R

Skipped lunch at work today so I could make it over to the theater for this.

My RSVP slip better get me in the door since I'll be there well before the 15 minute time window comes up.

Moofers

Hey just a reminder, if you don't have a ticket to this, you may want to consider going anyway!

Those who registered are only guaranteed a ticket until 15 minutes before the show starts.
The doors open 15 minutes before that, leaving only 15 mins for all the people with tickets to get in there.

Also consider that people will drop out of going, leaving empty seats to be claimed after the first 15 minutes of seating has passed.

So if you're seeing this and you wish you could go, you might want to consider it afterall.

border

I am thinking about skipping this event altogether.

The EA and Microsoft events were a good reminder of how dull these press conferences can get. I like being able to view at home and multitask during the tedious downtime. Doing that in a theatre on a cell phone would just be a cruddy experience. Plus I've rather enjoyed watching the press conferences with Giant Bomb commentary.

To top it off I'm on the waitlist, and can't be bothered to wait in line for potentially hours just for the chance of getting in.

supergiz

I am thinking about skipping this event altogether.

The EA and Microsoft events were a good reminder of how dull these press conferences can get. I like being able to view at home and multitask during the tedious downtime. Doing that in a theatre on a cell phone would just be a cruddy experience. Plus I've rather enjoyed watching the press conferences with Giant Bomb commentary.

To top it off I'm on the waitlist, and can't be bothered to wait in line for potentially hours just for the chance of getting in.

Really? The fact that they have this available to watch in theatres means there is going to be some crazy stuff there.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
So no word yet on the free gift? Someone that works at the theater has to know.
I highly doubt they'd entrust their handouts to theater workers they have no jurisdiction or oversight over. There'll probably be a handful of Sony-contracted reps in charge of that stuff, and they won't hang around much before or after the shows.

mid83

Really? The fact that they have this available to watch in theatres means there is going to be some crazy stuff there.

That's the only thing that makes me think maybe Sony won't be a complete dud. The lack of any sort of leaks worries me.

Then again, marketing is marketing, so I'm sure they would have the theatre thing regardless of how good their show might be.

I highly doubt they'd entrust their handouts to theater workers they have no jurisdiction or oversight over. There'll probably be a handful of Sony-contracted reps in charge of that stuff, and they won't hang around much before or after the shows.

Yeah, that is the smart way to do it. I was just hoping we would find out before I make the drive in traffic to go sit in a packed theater full of people. Sony better make it worth it:)

Update for the Arizona theater the ticket attendent said they will start the seating at 4:45 mst but according to the email it says 5:30 mst so i dont know which one it is. So far there is no line but they will make one when more people come. I will try to talk to a sony rep when they come and update again.

Gorillaz

That whole "blow the boards up" line sounds like they legitmately feel like they will kill it tonight. Or just marketing.

Maybe....they do have a trick up their sleeve?

edit: I keep forgetting the columbus show is like 20ish mins from me.....I passed on this whole thing tho since I feel it's a little more "relaxed" watching at home.

border

I'm glad that they have decided to cough up money for this event, but I don't think it's necessarily a guarantee that "crazy" stuff will be happening the whole time.

Chairhome

I'm almost on my way out for the Orlando showing at Waterford. Gonna see if a line is forming, if not, grabbing a sub at Charley's next door then walking over.

Drencrom

Just got this in my email from Sony.

LapyN4r.png

Will the boards be "blowing up"? I guess we are gonna find out.

BTW I circled the wording, it wasn't like that originally.

I only know one specific board that blows up at E3 lol

That whole "blow the boards up" line sounds like they legitmately feel like they will kill it tonight. Or just marketing.

Maybe....they do have a trick up their sleeve?

Project Beast is actually Half Life 3 besides being a Souls game

Calling it!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm at the san antonio location, wanted to beat rush hour/get good seats. Hopefully they will let me come in and sit down.

Edit: a line was already was established.

ocadman

I stopped by the SF location at lunch and there were 3 people waiting in line. At work and hard to get anything done right now. So hyped!

Update for the Arizona theater the ticket attendent said they will start the seating at 4:45 mst but according to the email it says 5:30 mst so i dont know which one it is. So far there is no line but they will make one when more people come. I will try to talk to a sony rep when they come and update again.

Thanks for the info, I'm probably headed that way in an hour or so. Quick question, any good place for a drink or two before hand in the area?

Has there ever been a company to hype their own conference to this degree? It MUST be huge if they feel confident enough to raise expectations like this. Like, movie theaters? Really?

I hope Project Beast isn't the only thing they have. I don't care about that series at all. A new Parappa would be awesome. Something new from Rockstar would be incredible.

Top Bottom