• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WayForward announces Watch Quest, an exclusive game for Apple Watch

https://wayforward.com/news/2015/04/get-ready-for-watch-quest-on-apple-watch/

I'm never going to buy a watch, but I think there is something rather smart about WayForward getting an early presence on this new app store.

APPROVED-FOR-RELEASE_-Watch-Quest-One-Sheet.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
That thing plays games!?

And yeah, that's Shantae...

EDIT: OH GOD IT'S THE TIGGER WRIST GAMES ALL OVER AGAIN!

Stike

It's open to developers. There was always gonna be games.

For now, however, the capabilities of the Apple Watch for devs are kinda limited to "glorified menus". Anything with more graphics or animations (probably) won't happen until some OS/hardware revisions.

Edit: This game looks like it's all about purchasing coins? Very original.

bms2993

Banned
No one will want to play games on Apple Watch.. You're wrist and arms would fall off after just a little bit of gameplay.

synce

Fuck man, this dev makes some really awesome games but it's almost ALWAYS for a shitty platform I'll never buy.

Wish more companies would do work on the Android side of things. I love my Gear 2, but the apps are few and far between, at least as far as compelling ones go.

Still, great news for Apple folks, more support the better.

I hope that you regain energy through activity. (Walking or waving your arms in the air like you just don't care.)

I think it's a good idea.

Because the watch is made for companion apps. Think about it, the phone is handling all of the processing power for the most part, the watch is mostly displaying it.

Think of this in a future version of Pokemon for the New 3DS. You send your Pokemon to the Phone App, which sends them to your Watch. It's the Pokewalker scenario modernized.

Also, it would be great if there was an alternate Shantae watch face. Tap the watch and the voice actor for Shantae tells you the time. "It's 3:23 PM! Are you Ret-2-Go?"

I don't think people should discount the idea of games for the device. It's a tiny screen, but that shouldn't hinder gameplay.

I see Shantae and Ike.

That's not even subtle....

also, the same Fake Ike clip art used 3 times on one poster? They're clearly spending a lot of money and resources on this project.

Top Bottom