• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We asked our local grocery store to make a Mario Kart birthday cake...

Reset

I laughed when I saw the cake was for a 30 year old. Well can't say it looks bad for a grocery store cake.

Goldrush

Thinking about it, I don't recall seeing even cake shop drawing with frosting often. Usually they just cheat with toys. It's really impressive how close that picture is considering it looks like the baker only have one "brush size." It's almost pixel art.

The bigger mistake is they put a 0 next to the 3. Now it looks as though a cake obviously made for a 3 year old is intended for a grown man!

I actually work part time in a grocery store bakery.

That is a lot better than what I have seen come out of our department.

Edit: no cursive huh. Would have looked better with it

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'd rather eat Yoshi tbh
yoshiamiibo2.jpg

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that a grocery store Mario Kart birthday cake was made for a thirty-year-old, or that the OP thought it would be cool to bitch about the craftsmanship.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Nintendo loves experimenting with eclectic graphical styles. It would be awesome if they applied cake-frosting shading to MK9.

Einhander

We? As in you? Are you the birthday boy? Aren't your loved ones supposed to be the ones to prepare the cake for you as a surprise? :p

The cake design isn't too shabby.

njean777

I think that looks like buttercream icing and instead of complaining about the art: YOU SHOULD BE EATING ALL OF IT RIGHT NOW.

fngrLCKNgood

Neo Member
You went to a grocery store. For that, it's pretty damn good. If you want a photo replica, go to a professional cake decorator.

That's perfectly acceptable for a grocery store cake and better than most people would get.

Also a thirty year old with a Mario Kart cake... Out of context this would be a truly pathetic picture. Maybe it still is? There is just something so sad about the picture itself.

Top Bottom