• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We have a new Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance trailer

MrDaravon

"Threatening a peace officer, deadly force is authorized"

*Puts away gun, whips out baton*

Seriously though, I'll never understand how you guys like games like these.

Because that is hilarious?

With MGS in general though you're kind of either on board or not; personally I enjoy them mainly because it's just so fucking ridiculously absurd and stupid.

Cosmonaut

We were talking strictly graphics, lighting effects, shaders, etc... which is flat out average (I would say bad) in this trailer.

If you're talking about gameplay or animations or combat, those are completely separate issues.
Understandable compensation for incorporating the "cut everything" concept.

Appalling. Dialogue is hilarious (not in a good way), graphics are awful.

I'm guessing I'm really not the target for this title. Maybe it's an ironic sort of thing that I'm missing.

Ein Bear

I'm guessing I'm really not the target for this title. Maybe it's an ironic sort of thing that I'm missing.

Ain't nothing ironic about liking this:

i2soCegWFCm1Y.gif

JeTmAn81

Wow, that is some terrible voice acting for the main character. Action looks cool, but why is he killing cops? Are they robot cops?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

You're not familiar with Platinum's work, are you? Gameplay wise they're awesome and story wise they're always hilariously over the top and stupid in the best way possible.

Skilletor

"Threatening a peace officer, deadly force is authorized"

*Puts away gun, whips out baton*

Seriously though, I'll never understand how you guys like games like these.

By "these" do you mean games with great gameplay?

Because that's pretty much the only thing that matters in a videogame.

You must not play many videogames if all you care about are dialogue and graphics.

This game looks amazing. Already preordered.

cutting normal dudes looks fun. cutting the walking tanks, less so.

game also kinda looks like ass, but I guess it's a must for 60 fps. Kinda wish there was a pc version at 1 million fps lol.

And based off this trailer... I guess having near zero knowledge on MGS lore won't be a problem?

Maybe gameplay isn't your thing.

Looks like a fairly standard DMC / NG em up. I didn't see anything in the vid that would set it apart to any great extent.

I guess I'd be better off basing it on some footage that actually has enemies capable of any form of challenge.

ArjanN

Yeah he might have a split personality. There's Raiden, then there's Jack The Ripper which his mind created as a child to deal with the horrors of war.

and at the beginning of the trailer it says "Jack the Ripper".

Sounds like a good setup to have a mirror match with your other self at the end.

Hurry up and announce the PC version already. :p

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh god it's the older MGR thread all over again.

"Look at the jaggies!!!"
"B..but the game looks pretty fun did you see any foota-"
"LMAO LOOKS LIKE TUROK"

Replace jaggies with something else irrelevant for a title like this.

Ein Bear

Oh god it's the older MGR thread all over again.

"Look at the jaggies!!!"
"B..but the game looks pretty fun did you see any foota-"
"LMAO LOOKS LIKE TUROK"

Replace jaggies with something else irrelevant for a title like this.

People complaining about the graphics are part of the problem, and the reason why we end up with so many games that struggle to break 25fps.

Skilletor

Given that this is on consoles and 60fps is best for action games, I don't care the sacrifices they make to get it there.

FPS > all

People complaining about the graphics are part of the problem, and the reason why we end up with so many games that struggle to break 25fps.
Also people tend to not notice good animation quality as well which I think Platinum shines in.. PC release would be icing on the cake!

Ein Bear

Hmm, so at least part human. I know there is probably some story conceit to explain it, but watching somebody graphically eviscerate a bunch of police officers in a game bugs me. And I didn't have a problem with GTA.

Those crooked cops are trying to catch him Raiden dirty.

Matchew

This just doesn't look good and I don't like what they're doing with Raiden, not my kind of game though so hope it turns out good for you guys.

Top Bottom