• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Need Another MotorStorm Game on Next Gen Console

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
LaUTTxd.jpg

Who doesn't love the possibility to wreck vehicles while racing? .. beside a semi open world tracks with great visuals

Yea I'm talking about MotorStorm on PS3 , I missed games like Motorstorm really most of the racing games are boring with Stunning visuals IMO .. I dont need driving simulator or closed tracks with sexy cars , no no I need FUN .. for me Motorstorm was the last fun racing game , you ask me why ?

I'll tell ya ..

MotorStorm brought so much fun through its tracks and the way you play , I mean every track is not just a track ! .. no baby one track has so many ways to achieve win if you choose motorcycle then go away from that mud road if you wanna get dirty then pick a big ass vehicle ..

HBkwGej.png

When racing you must know the map well and avoid muddy paths depend in what vehicle you choose.. that's why it's fun multiple paths in every track

5uO7YSN.jpg

And looking at the variety of vehicles .. each vehicle has it's own ability and also weaknesses , from big ones to bikes ..

Game has 12 tracks each has a unique design starting from the top of the mountain to the very bottom .. you will be engaged in a super exciting race not just for winning but WINNING LIKE A BOSS

ebw9F3w.gif

ztQnry9.gif

We need a games like this in next gen console with great graphics and more fun like MotorStorm , Blur and spilt seconds

Do you agree?

Angelcurio

Motorstorm is definitely one of the best racing games ever made. Exploding near the finish line and have your body crossing it thanks to the impact of the explosion was one of my favorite mechanichs.

A game like Motorstorm Pacific Rift, with the increase in power of the Ps5, would be a dream come true, that could maybe deliver something nearer in quality to the original CG reveal trailer.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

Yes a hundred times yes.

Edit: i want nextgen graphics, destruction, mud phisics and ground deformation, volumetric light and smoke. The same amount of vehicles. No progression like onrush. Just stracks that keep coming.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Motorstorm is definitely one of the best racing games ever made. Exploding near the finish line and have your body crossing it thanks to the impact of the explosion was one of my favorite mechanichs.

A game like Motorstorm Pacific Rift, with the increase in power of the Ps5, would be a dream come true, that could maybe deliver something nearer in quality to the original CG reveal trailer.

it would be insane .. imagine MotorStorm in glory 4k with 60fps oh boy

Banned
shame ..

for me the first one was amazing loved the tracks the soundtracks everything the 2nd one was great too but the third was nah

I played the second one by far the most... and I loved that it was one of the rare PS3 games where you could listen to your own music. because me and the guys I played it with all the time back then found the perfect soundtrack for us for this game.

the Album Strings to a Web by Rage... no shit, that album fits so well (not all the songs, gotta skip like 2 of them) that we always had it on while playing Pacific Rift, it is hard heavy metal but yet very uplifting in many songs... I don't even know the games real soundtrack tbh lol.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I played the second one by far the most... and I loved that it was one of the rare PS3 games where you could listen to your own music. because me and the guys I played it with all the time back then found the perfect soundtrack for us for this game.

the Album Strings to a Web by Rage... no shit, that album fits so well (not all the songs, gotta skip like 2 of them) that we always had it on while playing Pacific Rift, it is hard heavy metal but yet very uplifting in many songs... I don't even know the games real soundtrack tbh lol.

Very uplifting indeed lol ..

This one brings me memories oh god

MurfHey

Man I forgot how bomb that trailer was.

DJ12

MotorStorm 2 was amazing (the first one was ok and the third was a bit too much IMO)... and it sucked that they stopped making these and made DriveClub instead... and then got shut down by Sony :/
The mistake there was not making drive club grand turismo horizon.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The first Motorstorm was my first memory of playing a PS3 back when it was new in a Best Buy kiosk. The physics then felt so next-gen, it felt realistic enough while still being fun to play. Even today they still feel pretty good.

Yeah.. it was really amazing best racing game I ever played I wish really a new one or at least maybe a remaster for the first one

xrnzaaas

Sadly it's not happening. Sony abandoned the racing genre except for Gran Turismo and they didn't even release Motorstorm remasters for the PS4. Former Evo devs now working at Codemasters don't have a budget for it and they already got massively burned with Onrush.

sol_bad

I would absolutely love a new Motorstorm, the first 2 are 2 of my favourite racing games. I just honestly have no idea who Sony could get to make it.

Why was Evolution shut down anyway? Did Driveclub seriously make them lose lots of money?

Fox Mulder

yeah, it really blows how Sony just wrote off the genre. Forza Horizon 4 is doing great for MS and Sony has nothing similar. GT Sport isn’t for everyone.

Driveclub was amazing at the end, it had VR, and could have got a renewed push from a sexy PS4 Pro patch. Sony could have had Evolution do another Motorstorm or even remasters before punting them off.

xrnzaaas

Harden the fuck up Sony and rebuild Evolution!
Highly unlikely. I understand that Driveclub had multiple online related issues at launch and that it didn't deliver on all promises (like changing weather), but the game improved a ton over the next year. They ended up having a great game and great technology, but Sony wasted it when they dropped Evo Studios. They could've used everything they've built up to that point to make Driveclub 2, new Motorstorm or another competitor for the Forza Horizon series.

Last edited:

Hans Bubby

Banned
The first Motorstorm was also my first PS3 experience. I remember playing a demo of it on a kiosk at Incredible Universe. I was absolutely blown away and knew I had to get it.

drotahorror

The whole series is the best arcade racing series to ever exist. I don't get any of the complaints for Apocalypse. It's hard as hell, rewarding as fuck, and gets your blood pumping like hardly any other game can. It's a bit jank sometimes but learn the tracks and you'll realize how insane and fun it is. Nothing quite like any of the games, especially Apocalypse.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I loved them all. I'm also a huge Driveclub fan and really liked On Rush.

It is just so sad considering what happend to Evolution Studios. :messenger_pensive:
Success or not they made awesome games!

A new Destruction Derby game for the next generation would blew my mind. Just imagine!

Wreckfest is a good game and I had fun with it but I see the old Destruction Derby games in an entirely different light.

At this point I have no hopes for anything even close to the old Motorstorm games in the future.

anthraticus

Banned
That snow-based one on the PSP/Vita was great too. Shame it never got a port to other systems.
It's also on the PS2.

One thing I think could have been done better in this series though is the sense of speed.

When you hit those nitros, it just doesn't feel fast enough. Something just a little closer to Burnout would have been nice.

Venom Snake

Motorstorm was awesome. This game had a talent for creating unexpected situations during the race, which in addition looked almost like directed for the best cinematic effect possible. This game really felt nextgen to me.

The second edition was an obligatory element of every drunk party in my home. It was so unpredictable that we put money on who wins. Watching people bash and screw each other up was entertaining in itself. Awsome times, I miss them.
I dream of a hybrid of the first two parts, with E3 2005 trailer-graphics.
A dream that has not yet died. "lollipop_disappointed:

God Enel

imagine that in VR. Holy shit.

Trilobit

Motorstorm 1 was one of my first experiences with the PS3 gen and it blew my mind coming from PS2 and SDTV. I was astounded both by the graphics, but also by the craziness that happened all over the screen. Could almost smell the petrol. :messenger_grimmacing_

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Motorstorm 1 was one of my first experiences with the PS3 gen and it blew my mind coming from PS2 and SDTV. I was astounded both by the graphics, but also by the craziness that happened all over the screen. Could almost smell the petrol. :messenger_grimmacing_

don't forget the mud lol

Pimpbaa

OP is right. We need a Motorstorm. Best Motorstorm title out of the 3 in my opinion.

That one was terrible, it was way too fast paced for 30fps. Game would have played ridiculous better at 60fps.

edit: nevermind, I thought you were talking about motorstorm 3. I need to learn how to read.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I thought the one on PS2 (and PSP I think) called Arctic Edge was pretty cool and it's the one I sunk most of my time into. I played the first one around PS3 launch. It was neat. I skipped the second one and bought the third one many years later.

I tend to like racing / driving games where a core part of the challenge is weaving between obstacles (Crazy Taxi, Burnout, Outrun) so I should probably pick up the second one since I heard it is the best one.

If you want something relatively new from these guys you can give OnRush a go. It released in 2019. After Evolution was closed they were scooped up by Codemasters which formed Codemasters Evo. They were pretty much scrapped after this game tanked though.

It's not quite the same, but it has more in common with Motorstorm than anything else I can think of.

It plays well, though it's visual design was unfortunately based entirely on Poochie.

5htjuh9.png

Top Bottom