• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need Sunset Overdrive on PC or Xbox 4k

60fps would compliment this game too.

I think we'd have more of a shot if insomniac wasn't making a ps4 exclusive right now, can't see them wanting to appear to be aiding Microsoft whilst being funded by Sony.

They're a business. If there's a contract they can get and have the available hands, they will take it.

There absolutely needs to be a "definitive" version of this game. Give it an Xbox One X patch, include the DLC and re-release it. It's still one of the best games in the Xbox One library as is and more people need to play it.

orava

I'd rather them work on a sequel been 3 years

PrSuPNL.gif

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
For sure. It's a real shame to be stuck on base Xbox One hardware. PC or a 4K patch would be awesome. It's a title that really deserves a second chance in the market

DocSeuss

Air Dash makes the game, but a lot of players missed the mechanic and bounced off the game, which I think really limited its word of mouth appeal.

As a PC gamer this game was pretty much the reason I bought an Xbox One. I'd be thrilled to replay it through again on my machine. Such a visually stunning game that would be even more so on a more powerful system/s,

scitek

Such a stupid move. Would sell like butter. Talking about Halo 5, but since SO is one of the few games that almost made me buy an Xbone once I'd love to see it on PC.

I really don't think Halo 5 would sell very well on PC since it would be chained to the Windows Store.

Raw64life

This is the Tales of Versperia of Xbox 1 for me. As in, literally the only game I really wanted to play on the system that managed to remain a legit exclusive through the life of the console.

Joey Ravn

Banned
MS has a great catalogue sitting there, which would sell gangbusters on steam if they unleashed it.

Steam would be the best place for Microsoft's back catalog, those games that weren't part of their new "one ecosystem" initiative. But I honestly wouldn't mind having to get it on the Windows 10 Store if that's what it needs for the game to be on PC.

xviper

Best MS exclusive this gen is Forza Horizon 3

best MS exclusive new IP is Sunset overdrive

i don't want to play Sunset overdrive in 4k, i want to play Sunset overdrive 2

dr_rus

Best MS exclusive this gen is Forza Horizon 3

best MS exclusive new IP is Sunset overdrive

i don't want to play Sunset overdrive in 4k, i want to play Sunset overdrive 2

Sunset Overdrive IP is not MS exclusive though.

I really liked Sunseet Overdrive... but it was one of those games this gen that included tower defence mechanics, that added nothing to the game, for no discernible reason.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This is a recurring thread on gaf. Ms should really give the franchise another shot, launching an x enhanced version would be a great start

Sunset overdrive is my favorite new ip of this gen and one of my favorite games of all time. It's unique, it's original, and it's great fun.

jacobeid

Banned
This is a recurring thread on gaf. Ms should really give the franchise another shot, launching an x enhanced version would be a great start

Sunset overdrive is my favorite new ip of this gen and one of my favorite games of all time. It's unique, it's original, and it's great fun.

Insomniac owns the franchise and they seem to be all-in on Spiderman right now. Not that I don't want a sequel!

op_ivy

Insomniac owns the franchise and they seem to be all-in on Spiderman right now. Not that I don't want a sequel!

I'm definitely aware. I'm also fairly certain ms could make a sequel happen if they wanted too.

It's my single largest grudge against MS atm. The feeling that they are just leaving the IP to die and not giving it the special treatment it deserves.

If it really does die off I don't know if I could ever forgive it and that isn't a joke.

They have something so different and unique here. They really need to expound on it.

At the very least bring a definitive edition to PC so it can be preserved and have a nice accessible retirement home for the rest of time for anyone to come back and revisit.

Grief.exe

When it originally came out, it was one of those 3rd party games that Microsoft partnered with for a temporary exclusivity that would leak to PC after a undisclosed period of time (Ryse, Dead Rising, etc).

It's possible that Insomniac wasn't interested in the investment, not logical but it's certainly within the realm of possibility. I assumed that the more likely option is Microsoft tapped the property for a sequel, but I'd imagine we would have seen that at this point.

Perplexing.

op_ivy

I'll cheerfully take a NG+ mode while Insomniac is at it too.

My only legitimate beef with the game, once you beat it there's no easy way to replay through the story other than delete your save or navigate a poorly organized list of missions.

Top Bottom