• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We need to help McDonalds die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
A foot long meatball sub on parmesan oregano with all the trimmings inc. jalepenos and chili sauce > all

But costs more.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
McDonalds really isn't that bad!
McNuggets? good!
McChicken? good!
Fish Fillet? not bad!
Fries? meh..
Ice Cream? awesome for the price!
Apple Pies? good!
McGriddles? YES!

I've only eaten there a few times this entire year..but it's usually not bad at all.
Taco Bell, on the other hand...

aparisi2274

MrAngryFace said:
I went to McDs the other day (for some reason) and ordered a double quarter pounder meal, what I got was a large tasteless burger and disgusting fries and a tiny drink for like 5 freaking bucks.

Wendy's owns all over that shit. So dont go to McDonalds.

Fuck Wendy's and their shitty made burgers where the cheese is never melted. Fuck them. Fuck them.

Mc Donalds has the best fries ever.

Boomer

MrAngryFace said:
their burgers are like, steam cooked, where's the flavor in that. Its juicy but not with flavor! disappointed!

What? You're a liar. Wendy's and McDonald's are damn near identical when it comes to how they cook their burgers.

AntoneM

all of you have made good points but the fact remains that the Wopper is still the greatest fast food item ever, sure it's one of the most unhealthy items you can order from any fast food place, but the taste is godly.

Whopper is a damn good burger. Probably the best of the bunch. Had one not too long ago for the first time in years. Burger King is sort of out of the way here.

I take BK's Bacon Double Cheeseburger over ANY other fast food burgers out there.

I think BK is actually the healthiest of the fast food chains because of the flame broil as opposed to the fryer.

LakeEarth

Warm Machine said:
I take BK's Bacon Double Cheeseburger over ANY other fast food burgers out there.

I think BK is actually the healthiest of the fast food chains because of the flame broil as opposed to the fryer.

Don't be too sure. All fast food = THE DEVIL!

Original Whopper with Cheese: 800 cal, 36 g pro, 53 g carb, 50 g fat, 18 g sat fat, 4 g fiber, 1,420 mg sodium

Though the Whopper Jr. ain't so bad with no mayo.

Original Whopper Jr.: Hold the mayo. 310 cal, 17 g pro, 31 g carb, 13 g fat, 5 g sat fat, 2 g fiber, 510 mg sodium

That 50gs of fat always gets me. 50grams is the size eqivalent of most chocolate bars. that is how much fat you are putting in your body!

Fast food is the Devil but once in a while I treat myself to some BK.

LakeEarth

Yeah, once in a while is fine. Besides, just get it with half mayo, or light mayo. Getting it with regular mayo is really empty calories. If you forget to order it like that, just remove the top bun and wipe it off, I do that for Wendy's (damn they pile it on).

OmniGamer

LakeEarth said:
Yeah, once in a while is fine. Besides, just get it with half mayo, or light mayo. Getting it with regular mayo is really empty calories. If you forget to order it like that, just remove the top bun and wipe it off, I do that for Wendy's (damn they pile it on).

YES YES YES...i say this every time. I love wendy's, but it's always Mayo with a side of burger.

BTMash

Winged Creature said:
Harvey's is great but licks is better

Though I can't eat hamburgers, I eat veggie burgers from time to time and Licks is one of the better ones out there. Yumm!

Warm Machine said:

Yeah, well I used to work at a BK in high school, and trust me, you DON'T want to see what the bottom of the machine that cooked those burgers looked like at the end of the day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hardee's is the shit. It's expensive, out of the way, and so bad for you, but holy christ does it taste good. Their burgers shit on every other fast food burger I've had from a real high distance. Plus their Crispy Curls are amazing, and about 10x better than the curls at Arby's. And they have REALLY good chicken strips, too. I loves me some Hardee's.

Arby's is pretty awesome, though, for the Market Fresh. That bread is so good.

BK isn't bad, but it's super hit or miss. The new Angus burger is super tasty, as is the TenderCrisp chicken. I don't much like their regular burgers, though I can definitely hit up the double cheeseburgers when they're a buck. Does anyone else remember the Back Porch Grillers from a year or two ago, during the summer? Those were the fucking bomb. They had a really good bun, and the meat had some taste and stuff. I definitely approved.

We've got a Wendy's, Subway, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Quizno's, Culver's (which is really awesome if you've never heard of it! GREAT burgers), Qdoba, and Arby's all really close to my work. And my buddy and I have been super slackers and not packing lunch much, so I'm pretty tired of all those places, except Qdoba, which just opened. It's pretty much a Chipotle knock off. It's not quite as good, but I don't have to drive 220 miles to get it, so I don't give too much of a fuck.

McD's rocks, I'm eating it right now infact. Do you guys have the Hunger Buster in the USA?

It's a McChicken (or BigMac) with a Cheeseburger, fries, drink and sundae.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"McD's salads are the best of any fast food joint. I highly recommend their Fiesta Salad."

Only mcdonalds could make a salad more unhealthy than a burger. Like iceburg lettuce, bacon, old tomatoes, cheese and whole fat dressing is going to be remotely healthy.

Go to the grocery and make a real salad. Spring mix lettuce, baby leaf spinach, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green and red peppers. No fatty bacon bits, cheese, dressing, and other shit.

andthebeatgoeson

splashtopani2.gif
splash2.jpg

Game over!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ecrofirt said:
Do you guys all have the Dollar Menu where you live? Let me tell you, it's the best thing to ever hit fast food.
Wendy's and JITB had better dollar menus running quite a while before McDonalds and BK decided they would try it too. :p

If I remember via the photo that appeared here a while ago MAF is not like a 17 year old kid. My question is why are you arguing over fast foods? Haven't you realized they all suck, and basically you can fire up the grill and make yourself a much better burger in not that much more time as it takes to drive down to the store, wait in line, order your food, wait for it, and then drive back and eat it. In the end, learn to cook and stop being such a lazy ass. (This statement is general to all members of the "I'm not going to learn how to cook, but rather spend much more money on something that tastes like it's was cook on the back side of a 450 pound man's backside.)

Jim Bowie

Malakhov said:
Since I saw supersize me I'm like anti-fast food. I don't even feel like bitting in a burger anymore.

iapetus said:
I quit fast food burgers shortly after reading Fast Food Nation, though it was entirely coincidental. :)

I really don't eat much fast food anymore because of both FFN and Supersize Me.

Truly, I am a media whorebag.

Wendys and Checkers are both awesome. And how can you say McDonald's chicken nuggets are good? Wendy's nuggets completely own them. Frosty's rule as well. Wendy's 99 cent dollar menu is just amazing.
Checkers burgers and fries and shakes are all delicious, and you get coupons everytime you go. It's win-win.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Mickey Ds is ok.

I like their fries, easily the best out there. The Chicken sandwiches are good. But I had one of their Bacon/Ranch Salads yesterday. It was probably one of the best salads I have EVER had. Really good stuff.

Burger King is good too. I like most of their burgers. IMO, their burgers are better than Mickey Ds.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
MrAngryFace said:
Sonic takes forever. Worst off, they dont know their own menu cause their menu system sucks.

Hey, can I have a #1 as a #2 but without mayo in a #7 meal?

*what?*

A #1 as a #2

*a lemonade*

No I ...

*F U WE ARE SONIC BOW TO YOUR MASTERS AND PARK YER CAR AND WAIT 30 MINUTES WHILE WE JACK OFF AND CALL IT MAYO!*

LMAO

and yes, Wendy's > all

ChumsGum

Banned
teh_pwn said:
"McD's salads are the best of any fast food joint. I highly recommend their Fiesta Salad."

Only mcdonalds could make a salad more unhealthy than a burger. Like iceburg lettuce, bacon, old tomatoes, cheese and whole fat dressing is going to be remotely healthy.

Go to the grocery and make a real salad. Spring mix lettuce, baby leaf spinach, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green and red peppers. No fatty bacon bits, cheese, dressing, and other shit.

You've obviously never had their new salads have you? They do use spring mix lettuce, amazing cherry tomatoes, no fatty bacon bits, and Newman's own dressing. Trust me, I too was a disbeliever until I had thier new salads. By far the freshest of any fast food restaurant and fresher than most sit down restaurants.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I haven't eaten at a fast food place in years (except for maybe one or two odd stops at Wendy's when I was on the road and couldn't wait any longer to eat). As far as I'm concerned, they all generally pretty vile, whether it's for taste or the awful body-killing ingredients (or sometimes both!).

ge-man

I have to pimp Chick fil A in this thread. Their menu destroys all others in terms of chicken products. I could live forever of their nuggets alone.

Always wanted to try In and Out burger (none in New England). Always heard great things.

But A&W burgers rock the planet too. Lets give them their due.

Badabing said:
Is it true that they put meel worms in their food?
No, according to some myth buster type show I saw, meal worms actually cost a lot more than beef. It'd be impractical.

Although I am pretty sure the secret sauce is cancer.

I have to pimp Chick fil A in this thread. Their menu destroys all others in terms of chicken products. I could live forever of their nuggets alone.

I was worried that Chick-Fil-A had not shown up. Their sandwich, some nuggets, waffle fries, and some of their awesome Lemonade(actually freshly squeezed, not Minute Maid/Hi-C)are the best fast food possible.

For burgers, my favorite is Backyard Burgers, with their Black Angus burgers and seasoned fries. Checkers is great too, but I miss their apple pie nuggets (the new pie doesn't compare, even if it doesn't burn as much). Burger King is quite good too.

I avoid McDonalds at all costs and have only eaten there about twice in the past decade (when traveling with my sister who loves them). I just had some Arbys for lunch, which I used to like, but all of them around Atlanta have gone down in quality (the bread is now stale and the "roast beef" doesn't taste that great) but the pot Roast sandwich they once had was great and the Chicken Bacon Swiss I just had was good, as were the curly fries.

Kurashima said:
Wendy's is definitely better, but I love certain items in McDonalds like the chicken nuggets and the Big Mac. They always oversalt their fries though, which annoys me. However, I'm one of the very few people who don't like salt very much; I prefer my fries by themselves or with vinegar or ketchup.

[edit] McDonald's is also one of the few fast food restaurants that don't give you a receipt. If you're not careful, they can overcharge you sometimes.

I get reciepts from McDonalds, without asking, every time. They usually sticker it to my bag unless I'm eating in. Maybe you got some slack employees? Or maybe in Canada, fast food cares about your financial statement.

Felidae_Khrall said:
I get reciepts from McDonalds, without asking, every time. They usually sticker it to my bag unless I'm eating in. Maybe you got some slack employees? Or maybe in Canada, fast food cares about your financial statement.

Really? I live in Ontario and I don't remember getting one. I don't go there often so I might have forgotten several occasions where they did give one, but I clearly remember many times where they didn't (in multiple restaurants). Just a few weeks ago, when I used the drive thru, they didn't give me a receipt and tried to charge me $10 for a bigmac meal.

Kurashima said:
Really? I live in Ontario and I don't remember getting one. I don't go there often so I might have forgotten several occasions where they did give one, but I clearly remember many times where they didn't (in multiple restaurants). Just a few weeks ago, when I used the drive thru, they didn't give me a receipt and tried to charge me $10 for a bigmac meal.

I'm in vancouver. You need to move.

Draff

In Canada, Harvey's is the best.

However, I recently came back from overseas and I must say that Mos Burger is one of the best places I've eaten at (fast food wise). Their Naan Tacos was too good. Plus, they brought out the food to me and gave me water in glass cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom