• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to the NeoGAF 2.2 Update

200.gif

Text selection background is invisible, when writing a post.

It works though, just can't see what I have selected.

(This is firefox on mac.)

DonJorginho

Banned
Great update guys! But Notifications are broken.

On Chrome on an android and they're so buggy, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough!

DESTROYA

usually use an ipad and how come I cant find the option of using my personal gifs ?
I know me being a retard doesn’t help but , it was easier before just pic and load from your stash

Bartski

Gold Member
yeah hoping for the return of the file uploader for unhosted pics and gifs. The old one didn't work more often than not so I see why you might wanna take it down and replace with sth else

HF2014

Nice update! Love the gif addition. Would love to see a mobile version where we can hide picture, link, gifs for those who are one small data cap with their phones.

sublimit

Banned
I love that we now have the option to click ignore on a thread without having to first enter it. I wish we had that at least one week ago with all the Cyberjunk 2077 spam threads that were appearing every 10 minutes. But still that feature is really a Godsend!

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
But I find a issue... well in the previous one you could do reply and copy the full text with the quote part to use in your edit post to not make two posts.

Now quem you copy a quote it only copy the text of the quote and not the quote itself when in Reply mode.
Just to add more insight.

The copy/paste of a reply quote works in Desktop but it doesn't add a Enter (line break) and it doesn't allow to add one after the copied quoted text unless you shift to BBCode mode and add the Enter (line break) manually.

On Mobile it doesn't copy the quote... just the content of the quote.

Jtibh

Banned
How to upload pics?

I see notifications but when i look at the list it no longer tells me which one is new as its not highlighted anymore.

Also i have one notification permanent but there is no new message or quote or reaction

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
How to upload pics?

I see notifications but when i look at the list it no longer tells me which one is new as its not highlighted anymore.

Also i have one notification permanent but there is no new message or quote or reaction
1. Direct upload of pics is currently disabled while we are re-writing that functionality. Hopefully it'll be back up and running soon.

2. This was a bug but should be fixed now. New notifications should show in green.

3. This (might) be a bug. On the notification popup, click "Show all". At the top of the next screen there should be a button labeled "mark read". Click that and confirm that your notifications are now cleared.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Light theme?

throw up team america GIF
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

In all seriousness, the Modern Light Theme is the site's default theme. So we try and make all of our tutorials match what will be familiar to the majority. While browsing regularly, I like to switch things up really often since we have four themes and I never know when I'm going to find a bug in one.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Is this already being discussed?
You may notice when you're making a new thread that you'll see a box asking "Is this already being discussed?". This will search for similar threads with your title and give you links to them.

RxIVJeD.png

This should help prevent people from making new threads for news that's already being discussed.

Grinchy

Banned
Another update I'm really liking is that it now shows you that someone is replying to a user you have on your ignore list.

So it's not just a bunch of strange posts lacking context, but now you get that nice blue bar inside the quoted post letting you know someone is bickering with SF Kosmo SF Kosmo yet again and you can just scroll right through it all without reading a word.

Clarissa

Banned
I can't just upload pictures now. I have to use imgur. How am I going to easily share quotes from my friend who is a Nintendo fanboy?

DESTROYA

Can you try marking them all as read, and see if that fixes your issue? I am still investigating this further, but it seems during the conversion some of the alerts for some users got bugged:

xzzM2jy.png
usually use an ipad and how come I cant find the option of using my personal gifs ?
I know me being a retard doesn’t help but , it was easier before just pic and load from your stash
Am I just that dumb because I can’t figure it out ?

Yes I am pretty useless
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Top Bottom