• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We're halfway through 2017. What's your favorite game so far this year?

Phediuk

Going with Prey on this one. Game was an actual, bona fide, honest-to-god worthy successor to System Shock 2.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Horizon: Zero Dawn which will most likely be my 2017 game of the year.

Of what I've played Horizon Zero Dawn for sure. Just got the Platinum tonight.

It's going to take one hell of a game to pass it for my overall GOTY

Horizon Zero Dawn

Resident Evil 7 is real close and I plan on going back to it to complete a Madhouse playthrough. Just started BOTW so I'm not even close to making a statement on that either way. Still need to finish Persona 5. Going to attempt to get back in to NieR even though it didn't do much for me initially.

Breath of the Wild was the best game this year.

Nier: Automata was my favorite game of the year.

Yakuza 0 is top five somewhere.

Persona is also really good.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
gMGhAjl.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nothing really.

I dropped Horizon, Zelda and Persona 5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't decide between Zelda Breath of the Wild and Persona 5.
It's one of them.
Guess Zelda's DLC will probably raise it up and above Persona 5, if only barely.

SuomiDude

Breath of the Wild definately. Over 166 hours to complete the game (and not even 100%, not even close). It's truly open world game, you can literally go anywhere you can see (in the actual world area), which is something no other game has done. It's also challenging game, especially in the beginning (and not even counting the hero mode DLC which I haven't tried yet), and nice change from every other 3D Zelda. It was surprising to die against almost the first enemy in the game, unlike other 3D Zeldas where I haven't even seen the game over screen at all.
The graphics are beautiful, controls work perfectly, the weapon system is great and makes you use better strategies to save the durability. The quests were nice, especially shrine quests which were puzzles in itself, then the actual shrines also made good use of puzzles in typical Zelda style.
The music is really the only downside of the game, because there isn't much of it, but what is there is good. Overall one of the best games ever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Either BotW or Prey, for me.

I've been super unhappy with this gen, but these two games have shown me there's still some creativity left in this industry.

Shoutout to Persona 5 as well. Only just finished the first dungeon but that game oozes style and polish.

Wollan

I'm in the middle of playing Zelda and it's fantastic. Horizon Zero Dawn was an absolute classic, 10 in every department, and everyone should play it.
Resident Evil 7 on PSVR had the highest peaks of excellence amongst the three mentioned. Absurdly good for half its length and Okay later on.
Also just started playing Farpoint on PSVR but initial impressions are great. Aim controller feels really good.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn ~ Zelda BOTW
2. Resident Evil 7 PSVR
3. Farpoint PSVR
4. Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy

Games that I put in the backlog after some hours:
Persona 5

Humdinger

Gold Member
Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm fairly sure it'll be my GOTY.

Zelda probably would've been a contender for me, but I don't own a Switch.

strideramc

BotW

I thought this thread would just be a runaway Zelda thread. Guess I should stop waiting for that GotY edition of Horizon and just take the plunge now.

Top Bottom