• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We're Here! We're Queer! The All-Purpose Gay Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this is why I get pissed off when people fuck with this thread by posting hot dudes and ridiculous GIFs.

I mean, yay hot guys, but don't get this thread locked. PM one of us and join the off-site Skype chat.

Rez said:
this is why I get pissed off when people fuck with this thread by posting hot dudes and ridiculous GIFs.

I mean, yay hot guys, but don't get this thread locked. PM one of us and join the off-site Skype chat.
Despite the deluge of hot men, about 75% of this thread has been discussion.

The thread will get shut down regardless of what we post in here.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
if it gets shut-down at this point it's more than likely because we're well over 20k posts.

So let's make a new smaller one preemptively.

This thread has helped a lot of people come out and feel better about themselves. That alone is far more important that some rule about sub-communities.

Evilore knows this.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mmm, it certainly was one of the things that made it a little bit easier for me a couple of months ago.

wow, it was five months ago.

that's insane.

Delio

I wish i had posted more in the past. If we make another one i will totally be more active the community here is really nice afterall.

Dead Man

Rez said:
mmm, it certainly was one of the things that made it a little bit easier for me a couple of months ago.

wow, it was five months ago.

that's insane.
I was rapt when you came out, it was so earnest. :D But yeah, maybe time for OT2, and less hot guy pics. :(

krypt0nian said:

This thread has helped a lot of people come out and feel better about themselves. That alone is far more important that some rule about sub-communities.

Evilore knows this.
Exactly.

Yoshiya

justjohn said:
I'm going ask one of the mods to merge this too.

Thank you so fucking much for your valuable input. Why don't you start trolling gaming side as well, as you obviously have much to bring to GAF as a whole.

Anyway, I really really hope GayGAF survives this in some way. This thread has been fantastic, and really helped me through this year. The thread is obviously an invaluable support thread for many people. Why ruin a good thing?

Sibylus

Banned
Chiming in to add that the Gaygaf has also been very helpful to me personally, it gave me a place to interact with people who knew exactly what I was going through. It isn't something I would have found in a "thread du jour", and I suspect that goes for many other members here.

SonComet

I'd be sad to see the thread go too. I started reading it (lurking) when it was only a few pages long and it's helped me way more than I could have thought. So far the very few gay guys I have met have had nothing at all in common with me. I just could not relate to anyone that shared my sexuality before. So all of my friends have been straight guys and girls. This thread and the experiences people have shared have given me confidence in who I am, and actually pushed me to start coming out to my friends. It's been a slow process, and I never expected reading a forum to help. But it inexplicably has. I'm not a success story yet by any means, but I hope a thread like this sticks around in some capacity to provide support to myself and other gay gaffers.

Yoshiya

SonComet said:
So far the very few gay guys I have met have had nothing at all in common with me. I just could not relate to anyone that shared my sexuality before. So all of my friends have been straight guys and girls. This thread and the experiences people have shared have given me confidence in who I am, and actually pushed me to start coming out to my friends. It's been a slow process, and I never expected reading a forum to help. But it inexplicably has. I'm not a success story yet by any means, but I hope a thread like this sticks around in some capacity to provide support to myself and other gay gaffers.

This. This this this this this. For the sake of my sanity, I really don't want to see the thread go.

Evening guys. Sorry to see the thread in jeopardy. Been reading here and there for a long while now. This thread has kind of helped me make a decision to resolve a lot of my issues with my sexuality one way or another.

I pretty much finished my gym and tentatively started P90x this week. It feels so good to work out, I don't know why I haven't done it in so long. The tumblr has been a great inspiration. :D

Btw, picked up the current issue of Maximum Fitness with Georges St-Pierre on the cover. Unf!

krypt0nian said:

Evilore knows this.

Just having someone to talk to about my breakup, my consequent dating with Chicagoboy, and just general advice-column stuff with you boys has been immensely helpful.

Besides, we need SOMEWHERE that Mumei can put his library of gay history knowledge to use.

excelforward said:
Just having someone to talk to about my breakup, my consequent dating with Chicagoboy, and just general advice-column stuff with you boys has been immensely helpful.

Besides, we need SOMEWHERE that Mumei can put his library of gay history knowledge to use.
Mumei - Gay Knowledge Compendium (TM)

I was around when the thread started and I enjoyed my time just reading about the news and story about people here and other gay-related articles that is posted. You guys are like family. and It would suck if this thread is closed ;|

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
should this thread get shut down, I just wanted you to all know how much i've enjoyed your company and discussing every possible gay topic imaginable. From the tentative coming out of gaffers to the bizarre sniffing of a straight guy's PSP this thread will have a lasting impact on my life.

<3 you Gaygaf

btkadams

yeah i've made friends on here. gaf (before this threads time) helped me come out and be comfortable with myself. i hope that this thread served well and helped others be proud of who they are. i'm glad to have been a part of it. if it does get locked, i really hope it is archived so newcomers can go back and read it to feel like they aren't so alone in this world. much love.

btkadams said:
yeah i've made friends on here. gaf (before this threads time) helped me come out and be comfortable with myself. i hope that this thread served well and helped others be proud of who they are. i'm glad to have been a part of it. if it does get locked, i really hope it is archived so newcomers can go back and read it to feel like they aren't so alone in this world. much love.
I think GayGAF is our personal "It Gets Better" of 448 pages of posts.

Dead Man

i_am_ben said:
should this thread get shut down, I just wanted you to all know how much i've enjoyed your company and discussing every possible gay topic imaginable. From the tentative coming out of gaffers to the bizarre sniffing of a straight guy's PSP this thread will have a lasting impact on my life.

<3 you Gaygaf
Indeed. My participation may have been a bit sporadic and half hearted (lol, bisexual joke, get it?) but I enjoy this thread immensely, and hope it stays.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I've posted about it heaps in the past (maybe too much?), but this thread has been really great for me and to me.

cheers.

Dead Man said:
Indeed. My participation may have been a bit sporadic and half hearted (lol, bisexual joke, get it?) but I enjoy this thread immensely, and hope it stays.
It's been a pleasure having you around dude! I enjoy your posts

even if bisexuality doesn't exist! :p

also everyone should join the skype chat

all the lurkers

err'body

Yoshiya

Yes. The skype chat will go on! :D

Edit: 200th post. I'm moving towards full membership at a glacial pace, but I'll get there. :lol

Replicant

Instead of closing it entirely, I propose that the mod just create a new thread for LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) posts. It'd effectively cover the 4 fringe sexualities, so to speak.

Yoshiya

Replicant said:
Instead of closing it entirely, I propose that the mod just create a new thread for LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) posts. It'd effectively cover the 4 fringe sexualities, so to speak.

It's still a megathread, and these problems will just carry over. Either LGBT discussion is restricted purely to news threads or the existing threads continue, maybe with a move to Online.

ilikeme

Oh, I don't know what to say.

I rarely post but I love this thread. I come here everytime I feel a little bit down and it always cheers me up! Much love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom