• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

West Virginia Tourism partners with Bethesda for release of Fallout 76.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/W...-for-release-of-Fallout-76-496970961.html#nnn

“It’s finally time the rest of the world sees what a gem West Virginia is,” said Governor Jim Justice. “For years, I’ve been saying we have it all: beautiful scenery, the best people you could ask for and more. And now, we get to share a piece of that with people all over the world through the unique lens of this video game.”

“I think the world was caught by surprise when Bethesda released the trailer with an eerily beautiful post-apocalyptic West Virginia set to a slightly more futuristic version of our state’s anthem,” said Tourism Commissioner Chelsea Ruby. “In just a matter of hours, the internet was abuzz with West Virginians excited to see a glimpse of home and gamers excited to learn more about their new, beautiful virtual destination.”

“Our goal is to welcome each and every one of the game’s players to Almost Heaven,” said Tourism Commissioner Chelsea Ruby. “Bethesda has been a terrific partner since day one. They’ve really embraced West Virginia and its beauty. We believe this unique partnership has tremendous potential to bring folks to visit the Mountain State.”

West Virginia truly is a beautiful part of this country. As a born-and-raised Floridian I was always amazed at the sights I saw when I became a trucker. I don't have the words to describe the sunrises peaking up through the mountains.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
is this not the laziest state tourism ad ever or is it me...
From what I read in this post and article, the WV government reps are not making any effort to disguise the fact that they want this to promote WV tourism. In fact they're doing the opposite. They're directly stating they believe their state is beautiful, they're humbled and honored to have it presented in Fallout, and they want as many people as possible to feel drawn to experience their state because of this game.

If this is how lazy is defined, then I'm a big supporter of lazy.

Pallas

Gold Member
From what I read in this post and article, the WV government reps are not making any effort to disguise the fact that they want this to promote WV tourism. In fact they're doing the opposite. They're directly stating they believe their state is beautiful, they're humbled and honored to have it presented in Fallout, and they want as many people as possible to feel drawn to experience their state because of this game.

I think it’s pretty awesome that they are promoting tourism through the game.

Spheyr

Banned
I love West Virginia. Living in Pittsburgh, I can go two out of four cardinal directions and be there in about an hour. It's a beautiful state.

Unfortunately I rarely have time to go further than to Tridelphia to hit up Cabela's after a range trip in Washington County

dpceogs

Banned

I was refering to the video itself... my 10 year olds youtube channel has better quality content with more meaning.
to be fair I love fallout and will play this and WV is one of the most beautiful states and I look forward to this game hopefully its good.
some complain it looks like trash I think its beautiful but if I had to say fot the purpose of this video. it will never make me take my kids there because of it. being born and raised in nyc. maybe im spoiled by the big apple them song from the tourist ads that were so successful they ran for 25 years fact. or even the one for Jamaica we all know the word for that if you over 30...

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I was refering to the video itself... my 10 year olds youtube channel has better quality content with more meaning.
to be fair I love fallout and will play this and WV is one of the most beautiful states and I look forward to this game hopefully its good.
some complain it looks like trash I think its beautiful but if I had to say fot the purpose of this video. it will never make me take my kids there because of it. being born and raised in nyc. maybe im spoiled by the big apple them song from the tourist ads that were so successful they ran for 25 years fact. or even the one for Jamaica we all know the word for that if you over 30...

Oh I totally misread your intent. I post drunk a lot. I thought you were being critical of the WV governor for "cheaply" plugging his state tourism through a videogame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom