• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some lesser known TV shows that you think more people should watch.

Trogdor1123

Sell me on the expanse, give me a non-spoiler summary of why I should watch it please!
Game of thrones, in space. Characters are all in one story, thinking it's one story, when it's really just one small piece of the real story, and it's not at all what anyone thinks.

God it's good...

Joyful

Billions

its a show on showtime running since 2016. I never hear people talk about it but its really good for the most part.

crowbrow

Banned
enlightened.jpg

Incredible gem on HBO that noone has heard about.

Also I feel like Peep Show gets proper recognition abroad but unfortunately very few americans know about it
peepshow.jpg
I came here to post Peep Show. Such a great show.

My obligatory Charlie Jade.

A Canada and South Africa co-production, certainly not mainstream. It began airing in the spring of 2005 and went for one twenty episode season.

The show follows Charlie Jade, a detective from a parallel universe who finds himself trapped in a universe which is much like our own.

Alphaverse: A dystopian view of what our future could be.
Betaverse: Our world, one half hour from now.
Gammaverse: An, on the surface, utopia. If humanities population did not explode to current levels and we took better care of the earth.

Charlie Jade ends with the stage set for a second season that never came. Thankfully the main plot points were wrapped up so there is a conclusion so ones time isn't wasted on a story that has zero closure You are just left knowing there were plenty of places the story could have went from there.

Around halfway through the season the show switched to a new team of writers. It seems the first team split when it became apparent they couldn't come to an agreement on where to take the story. The second team pulls things together and I'd say the show was better off in the end because of this.

Check it out. While the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica was in the spotlight of giving a darker and grittier take on Sci-Fi, the overlooked Charlie Jade was doing the same thing.

Sounds interesting. I've been meaning to get into watching another sci-fi show after Fringe ended years ago and I like the idea of parallel universes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom